General - MakeupbyTiffanyD Part 5

MrsGrimes
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General - MakeupbyTiffanyD Part 5

Post by MrsGrimes »

She definitely chose a popular name on purpose. She is incapable of any creative ideas of her own.

Frito Pie
Informer
Informer

Post by Frito Pie »

Perhaps it touches a chord with me because I had the same name as another kid in my class and the teacher made a big deal about also using the first letter of our last names and yelled at us if we didn't always remember. And there were always lots of Jennifers when I was growing up. Yes, there will always be multiples of whatever name was popular at a certain time, probably mostly by accident, but you'd think that people might not want to be such conformists, just picking from the top 10 most popular names at the time their kid is born.

paigeannette
Talker
Talker

Post by paigeannette »

Frito Pie wrote:Perhaps it touches a chord with me because I had the same name as another kid in my class and the teacher made a big deal about also using the first letter of our last names and yelled at us if we didn't always remember. And there were always lots of Jennifers when I was growing up. Yes, there will always be multiples of whatever name was popular at a certain time, probably mostly by accident, but you'd think that people might not want to be such conformists, just picking from the top 10 most popular names at the time their kid is born.
That's funny you say that, because Jennifer is my name. You're right, there will always be multiples unless the kid is given some really odd name. I gave my daughter a name that I didn't think I would see anywhere else, but we do. A couple of them actually. Kinda interesting.

Post by Guest »

Frito Pie wrote:Perhaps it touches a chord with me because I had the same name as another kid in my class and the teacher made a big deal about also using the first letter of our last names and yelled at us if we didn't always remember. And there were always lots of Jennifers when I was growing up. Yes, there will always be multiples of whatever name was popular at a certain time, probably mostly by accident, but you'd think that people might not want to be such conformists, just picking from the top 10 most popular names at the time their kid is born.
Your teacher 'yelled' at you when you didn't always remember?? Lovely woman (I assume), really. :o :( Just purely out of curiosity, did you feel less like an individual sometimes in a classroom w/ another (or possibly multiple) Jennifers? My name is Rebecca and I thankfully never had to 'share' my name w/ another student in my classes. I am just curious about the effect it could have on a child in a learning space, esp. w/ such a 'kind + sensitive' (we all know there are tonnes of them ;)) teacher.

bbgorilla
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by bbgorilla »

paigeannette wrote:
That's funny you say that, because Jennifer is my name. You're right, there will always be multiples unless the kid is given some really odd name. I gave my daughter a name that I didn't think I would see anywhere else, but we do. A couple of them actually. Kinda interesting.
Same here. I didn't want my daughter to be a special snowflake or anything, but it's strange seeing and hearing other girls being called the same name.

Olivia might or might not have classmates and friends with the same name. Tiffany could've picked something less popular, but in the end it's her child and her decision. Well, her and brad's child, but yall know what i mean.

poulet
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by poulet »

As a kid who had at least 3 to 4 namesakes in each grade and group, I would like to inform you that there seriously are bigger problems in the world. I personally didn't care that much even though I had a stupid nickname based on my last name, like any other kid with my name. It was a popular name in the 80s and that's it. There are popular names now and there always will be.

Post by Guest »

I am little surprised (or perhaps I shouldn't be) that Tiffany hasn't prerecorded videos for a week or two ahead. I feel like she just spent ~20 weeks documenting every little symptom she has had, shopping, cleaning her home, playing w/ makeup, analyzing her skin care, and shopping some more. In those last 38 - 40 weeks of pregnancy, while she was going on about being SO anxious + excited to go into labour at any moment, I couldn't help but think of all those expectant mothers who must work on their feet all day up until their due date. She's just SO busy, though (remember when she once stated that she's much busier now than when she was a teacher, and how she works every day of the week?) -- just look at all of the multiple blog posts and makeup reviews she has done. **Clearly she is now off MAC's radar -- I appreciate honesty re: how one really feels about the product, but I don't think that MAC is wanting their products to be continually bashed online by the same guru w/ ~900 000 subscribers.

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

I don't really have a problem with the name. Olivia is a beautiful name and there's a reason why it's so popular.

aGirlPossessed
Debater
Debater

Post by aGirlPossessed »

bbgorilla wrote:Olivia might or might not have classmates and friends with the same name. Tiffany could've picked something less popular, but in the end it's her child and her decision. Well, her and brad's child, but yall know what i mean.
Don't you mean "Brad and I's"?! hahaha
"Staying in my play pretend, where the fun ain't got no end.."

OneHotMama
Lurker
Lurker

Post by OneHotMama »

MrsGrimes wrote:She definitely chose a popular name on purpose. She is incapable of any creative ideas of her own.
Thank goodness we can all rely on your super powers of telepathy to get into Tiff's head and let us know exactly why she choose her child's name. :roll:

bbgorilla
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by bbgorilla »

aGirlPossessed wrote:
bbgorilla wrote:Olivia might or might not have classmates and friends with the same name. Tiffany could've picked something less popular, but in the end it's her child and her decision. Well, her and brad's child, but yall know what i mean.
Don't you mean "Brad and I's"?! hahaha
Lol That whole argument popped up in my head as I typed that part out.

Kimmymarie
Debater
Debater

Post by Kimmymarie »

OneHotMama wrote:
MrsGrimes wrote:She definitely chose a popular name on purpose. She is incapable of any creative ideas of her own.
Thank goodness we can all rely on your super powers of telepathy to get into Tiff's head and let us know exactly why she choose her child's name. :roll:
:rofl:

VanessaVanity
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by VanessaVanity »

I don't think Tiffany necessarily chose the name Olivia because of its popularity. Why would anyone do that? She probably is just a big fan of the name. I named my daughter Emma, and in 1993 when she was born it was a ridiculously popular name. I wished it weren't quite that popular, but there was nothing that would have deterred me from going with that name. I was dead set on it, and maybe Tiffany just feels the same about Olivia.
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

MrsGrimes
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MrsGrimes »

OneHotMama wrote:
You don't have to be telepathic to know she's one big, boring cliche.

MrsGrimes
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MrsGrimes »

I have nothing against the name Olivia. It's a fine name. But it didn't surprise any of us that is what she picked out because she's predictable. Shrug

VanessaVanity
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by VanessaVanity »

MrsGrimes wrote:I have nothing against the name Olivia. It's a fine name. But it didn't surprise any of us that is what she picked out because she's predictable. Shrug
Actually I have to say maybe I'm in the minority here, but I was really surprised they went with a traditional old fashioned name. She often talks about how she likes to mix feminine looks with an 'edgy' piece, and I really thought she'd name her either a last name, like Harper or Riley, or else something that is usually considered a boy's name, like Ryan.
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

MrsGrimes
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MrsGrimes »

VanessaVanity wrote:
MrsGrimes wrote:I have nothing against the name Olivia. It's a fine name. But it didn't surprise any of us that is what she picked out because she's predictable. Shrug
Actually I have to say maybe I'm in the minority here, but I was really surprised they went with a traditional old fashioned name. She often talks about how she likes to mix feminine looks with an 'edgy' piece, and I really thought she'd name her either a last name, like Harper or Riley, or else something that is usually considered a boy's name, like Ryan.
Idk. Those wouldn't really sound good with their last name though imo. :/

But I do like those names

ih8ih8
Informer
Informer

Post by ih8ih8 »

aGirlPossessed wrote:Some people do care, some people don't I guess. I would anyways; it would suck to call my kids name and see 4 heads turn haha
I have a popular name - it was really popular when I was in jr. high and high school and there was almost ALWAYS at least one, sometimes more of other girls with my name. It's not that big of a deal but it did get kind of annoying to turn and have them be talking to the other one. For awhile I had actually trained myself not to react to my name. I also trained myself to look to the opposite shoulder of the one I got tapped on (remember that prank??) haha... people's faces were priceless :toad:

bbgorilla
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by bbgorilla »

MrsGrimes wrote:
VanessaVanity wrote:
Idk. Those wouldn't really sound good with their last name though imo. :/

But I do like those names
I like All those names with their last name. Harper Denny sounds good spoken aloud, but I see now that it's typed out that it looks kinda strange. I was thinking she would pick something like Quinn when someone brought it up.

MrsGrimes
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MrsGrimes »

bbgorilla wrote: I like All those names with their last name. Harper Denny sounds good spoken aloud, but I see now that it's typed out that it looks kinda strange. I was thinking she would pick something like Quinn when someone brought it up.
It sounds like the name of a used car salesman to me. I'm sure there is probably one in my area named that or something though lol

Return to “MakeupbyTiffanyD”