TiffanyD Baby Talk

roselee
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: She's pregnant!

Post by roselee »

Clean home with toys. 2 different things. Having a clean home meaning no dirt, dust, sanitary, non-cluttered in other places and with toys out in the living room. They keep an extremely CLEAN home. It is a priority for the health of their family to keep it clean. You mean TOY-CLUTTERED. These people have their reasons, I thought I clearly wrote that! That's why I made a second comment under my original so it would be understood.
Geez, I swear some of you people always have something to say. Back to lurking only. Can't deal with people who choose not to read

MrsGrimes
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MrsGrimes »

roselee wrote:Geez, I swear some of you people always have something to say. Back to lurking only. Can't deal with people who choose not to read
Well....this is an open forum. People are going to disagree with you here. But don't let that run you off! People don't always agree with what I say either. We all have different opinions and views on things, but that's what keeps it interesting!

Like I said on the last page, I think you can keep a 'clean' home without it being the epitome of perfection (Magazine layout)

But we've only seen Tiffany's house in perfection mode. Once that baby gets here and becomes a toddler it's nearly impossible to keep your house in perfection mode (Clean mode is completely doable) If you do keep your house in perfection mode 24/7 while your child is there playing, then you probably aren't giving your child the proper attention he/she needs because you're too worried about keeping your house looking like Homes and Garden is going to visit.

I keep my house clean. At the end of the night, we all pick up the toys that are laying about. (The ones we didn't get through out the day) It's fun to do and it teaches your child responsibility and how to clean up! Others may have a completely different routine that they do. And that's fine. This is just mine.

Personally if I lived in a two story home (Or Tiffany's house) and I had the room like she does, I'd make a play room on the 1st floor. She could totally use her 'office' as a play room because I don't think she uses it that often. That would solve having to go from floor to floor for the baby to play. Or she could lay out a play area in the living room.

courtesanlife
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by courtesanlife »

roselee wrote:Clean home with toys. 2 different things. Having a clean home meaning no dirt, dust, sanitary, non-cluttered in other places and with toys out in the living room. They keep an extremely CLEAN home. It is a priority for the health of their family to keep it clean. You mean TOY-CLUTTERED. These people have their reasons, I thought I clearly wrote that! That's why I made a second comment under my original so it would be understood.
Geez, I swear some of you people always have something to say. Back to lurking only. Can't deal with people who choose not to read
As far as the terminology, I didn't know that you wanted to be obtuse, so I'll elaborate that I was using the broad definition of the term clean, which includes "neat". That covers not only dirt and sanitation, but also general tidiness and lack of clutter. Just as whoever you know has their reasons to live in clutter, the people I know have their reasons not to. It works for them, and my saying so is simply an addition to the ongoing conversation. There is no need to be so ridiculously defensive about varying opinions.

Do us a favor and get over yourself. People are free to express their opinions on a message board. If you can't deal with that, then yes, perhaps you should remain on lurk mode. :roll:

Post by Guest »

courtesanlife wrote:
roselee wrote:Clean home with toys. 2 different things. Having a clean home meaning no dirt, dust, sanitary, non-cluttered in other places and with toys out in the living room. They keep an extremely CLEAN home. It is a priority for the health of their family to keep it clean. You mean TOY-CLUTTERED. These people have their reasons, I thought I clearly wrote that! That's why I made a second comment under my original so it would be understood.
As far as the terminology, I didn't know that you wanted to be obtuse, so I'll elaborate that I was using the broad definition of the term clean, which includes "neat". That covers not only dirt and sanitation, but also general tidiness and lack of clutter. Just as whoever you know has their reasons to live in clutter, the people I know have their reasons not to. It works for them, and my saying so is simply an addition to the ongoing conversation. There is no need to be so ridiculously defensive about varying opinions.

Do us a favor and get over yourself. People are free to express their opinions on a message board. If you can't deal with that, then yes, perhaps you should remain on lurk mode. :roll:
That's why it is called a "discussion" board? :?

Holidaydressofchoice

Post by Holidaydressofchoice »

It took us 10 years to be parents through adoption, and I am still a clean freak. I love my son more than anything but I need cleanliness and order. He has special needs and honestly I would go nuts some days if my home was a disaster. Sure he has toys out but they aren't all over the house and the rest of the house is usually immaculate.

I find with my friends people who were clean and tidy are still that way after kids, and those who are more relaxed continue to be.

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by PrncssProtnPowdr »

On the clean home thing: I have two kids, and I am a neat freak. My house always stay clean despite the fact that my toddler is like the Tasmanian Devil. I let him tear the place apart before nap time and then I put everything away. When he comes back down after his nap, he tears everything apart again, and I make sure to pick up every single thing while he is eating dinner. You basically have to stay on top of it, but it is doable to have a clean house and kids. You just have to get over the fact that there will be disorder for a bit at times.

Lipstick
Talker
Talker

Post by Lipstick »

I don't want to hear about her pregnancy or see updates.. It's a beauty channel.. I stopped watching Emilynoel for this too-they should create a baby/parenting channel..

Post by Guest »

Lipstick wrote:I don't want to hear about her pregnancy or see updates.. It's a beauty channel.. I stopped watching Emilynoel for this too-they should create a baby/parenting channel..
Then you don't have to watch her Wednesday pregnancy vlogs. Simple. Pregnancy is a fairly normal occurrence for women in their late 20s/early 30s who are married (usually).

Lipstick
Talker
Talker

Post by Lipstick »

Becca6779 wrote:
Lipstick wrote:I don't want to hear about her pregnancy or see updates.. It's a beauty channel.. I stopped watching Emilynoel for this too-they should create a baby/parenting channel..
Then you don't have to watch her Wednesday pregnancy vlogs. Simple. Pregnancy is a fairly normal occurrence for women in their late 20s/early 30s who are married (usually).

As I'm aware and in my 30s and have 3 children myself.. Still, it gets annoying to be subscribed to a beauty channel & get to listen to baby crap..

JustALittleGossip
Debater
Debater

Post by JustALittleGossip »

Becca6779 wrote:
Agh no it is not. I have an entire circle of married woman in their late 20's and 30's who have happy child free lives. Don't go throwing your "usual" shit out. Woman don't have to have children to be "usual".

I don't mind the baby vids, I speed through the parts I don't care about, but I agree that they should create second channels. I only watch them when I am super bored. I am not into kids and baby's. And I am perfectly "usual and normal"

MrsGrimes
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MrsGrimes »

JustALittleGossip wrote:
Becca6779 wrote:
Agh no it is not. I have an entire circle of married woman in their late 20's and 30's who have happy child free lives. Don't go throwing your "usual" shit out. Woman don't have to have children to be "usual".

I don't mind the baby vids, I speed through the parts I don't care about, but I agree that they should create second channels. I only watch them when I am super bored. I am not into kids and baby's. And I am perfectly "usual and normal"

I'm not the person you are talking to but I am pretty sure that the OP meant that having children is a normal occurrence that can take place, not that you're not normal if you choose not to have children.

And I think she meant is usually happens for women between the ages of 20-30 and between married people. As someone who is not married but has a child and is pregnant with another child, I take no offense to her assumption because statistically she may be correct. I don't know. But I don't think she was trying to offend people who do not have children. :/

Lovetorun
Talker
Talker

Post by Lovetorun »

MrsGrimes wrote:I'm not the person you are talking to but I am pretty sure that the OP meant that having children is a normal occurrence that can take place, not that you're not normal if you choose not to have children.

And I think she meant is usually happens for women between the ages of 20-30 and between married people. As someone who is not married but has a child and is pregnant with another child, I take no offense to her assumption because statistically she may be correct. I don't know. But I don't think she was trying to offend people who do not have children. :/
Between the age of 20-30??? Lol, I have to ask, what part of the country are you in? Where I am from 80% of the parents that have children that are the ages of mine (4&6), had them between 30-40! I know as many parents that had their babies in their 20s as in their 40s so i would say the other 20% is 10% in their 20s and 10% in their 40s. I am 40 and I am on the younger side of the parents with children the same age as mine.

MrsGrimes
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MrsGrimes »

Lovetorun wrote:
MrsGrimes wrote:I'm not the person you are talking to but I am pretty sure that the OP meant that having children is a normal occurrence that can take place, not that you're not normal if you choose not to have children.

Between the age of 20-30??? Lol, I have to ask, what part of the country are you in? Where I am from 80% of the parents that have children that are the ages of mine (4&6), had them between 30-40! I know as many parents that had their babies in their 20s as in their 40s so i would say the other 20% is 10% in their 20s and 10% in their 40s. I am 40 and I am on the younger side of the parents with children the same age as mine.
Oh wow. Really? I live in the U.S. in the south. And I see more teen mothers than I do people waiting until their 30s and 40s to first have kids. I guess it's different everywhere? Like I said I don't know the statistics.

Lovetorun
Talker
Talker

Post by Lovetorun »

MrsGrimes wrote:Oh wow. Really? I live in the U.S. in the south. And I see more teen mothers than I do people waiting until their 30s and 40s to first have kids. I guess it's different everywhere? Like I said I don't know the statistics.
I am in the US too, coastal California. I can't remember the last time I saw a teen mom (other than the TV show), that makes me so sad. I know it is different everywhere, I think I forget that. I mean out here between 20-30 was probably the norm 30 years ago but even my mom was 31 when she had me:-)

heyheyheynow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by heyheyheynow »

MrsGrimes wrote:
Lovetorun wrote:

Oh wow. Really? I live in the U.S. in the south. And I see more teen mothers than I do people waiting until their 30s and 40s to first have kids. I guess it's different everywhere? Like I said I don't know the statistics.
Yeah, the South is different. Abstinence-only education TOTES WORKS, GUISE. :lol: Also I think there's a "family" culture that is different from the coasts. I'm in the Northeast and people seem to having kids in their very late 20s/early 30s. But most of my friends are college educated and have careers, which typically delays babies.

Post by Guest »

JustALittleGossip wrote:
Becca6779 wrote:

Wow. Defensive, not to mention crass w/ your needless swearing. My intention was not to generalize or attempt to "normalize" people either. If a person chooses to bear children, they are "usually" in their 20s or 30s and married/common law -- I work in obstetrics, this is the most common demographic in my area. There are also exceptions -- For ex, some women are waiting until they are in their 40s these days. We all have different life spans.

MissCheetahPrint
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MissCheetahPrint »

heyheyheynow wrote:
MrsGrimes wrote:
Yeah, the South is different. Abstinence-only education TOTES WORKS, GUISE. :lol: Also I think there's a "family" culture that is different from the coasts. I'm in the Northeast and people seem to having kids in their very late 20s/early 30s. But most of my friends are college educated and have careers, which typically delays babies.
haha this^^ I'm from Chicago, and during college I had some interviews down in New Orleans. There was about 20 of us and it was a day long event so I had a chance to talk to everyone, 90% of people were from various southern states, and I just remember how shocked I was that so many of them were engaged already, so the regional thing makes sense.

kaylie27
Talker
Talker

Post by kaylie27 »

MissCheetahPrint wrote:
heyheyheynow wrote:
MrsGrimes wrote:
haha this^^ I'm from Chicago, and during college I had some interviews down in New Orleans. There was about 20 of us and it was a day long event so I had a chance to talk to everyone, 90% of people were from various southern states, and I just remember how shocked I was that so many of them were engaged already, so the regional thing makes sense.
I am from Texas and you would think that there would not be that many teen pregnancies since we are in the "bible belt" but I there were a few girls that I knew that got pregnant in High School and then after I graduated in 2011 I swear that I felt like I saw a pregnancy announcement once a week.

sinistersmile
Informer
Informer

Post by sinistersmile »

I am so happy for her!!! I too am currently struggling with the same type of thing she was going through with her irregular periods. Mine are insane!! My hubby and I have been trying for a little while now and now that I know that she IS pregnant it really is so uplifting!! Yay! Her Brad are gonna be such incredible parents.

Frito Pie
Informer
Informer

DO YOU THINK SHE WILL HAVE A BABY?

Post by Frito Pie »

Ever since Tiff announced her pregnancy this thread name has annoyed me and I always want to come back in and answer "NO" just to be stupid. :rofl: We have the answer! This thread name is annoying (and IMO always was).

Return to “MakeupbyTiffanyD”