Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: THE DOLAN TWINS (Part 2)

Post by Daisyyvelise »

Natdave1 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:46 am
awxx2019 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:34 pm
I'll go a little deeper and say I wonder if Grayson's Type A, alpha, he-man, yelling/hot-tempered-ness is him trying to be "macho" to cover up/suppress other feelings or at least overcompensating?
yeah i think this might be the case aswell.

also i never understood the James Narrative in the dolan twin fandom. if Grayson absolutely wanted nothing to do with that ship he wouldnt have continued to let it run as long as it did, and before anyone says he didn't..he so did
After the Tati drama with how people freaked out over Grayson & James...you'd think James was in the videos drooling over Grayson, rubbing all over his body and tryinna fuck him on sight but I feel like James wasn't that bad in the videos...if anything they brought it up more then James haha.

Ew_ipreferalatte
Informer
Informer

Post by Ew_ipreferalatte »

Guest wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:27 pm
Well they're not uploading again. Wonder what technical issues they're having? They sound a little melodramatic about it though.

I honestly think they forgot about the video and didn't record anything.
They did us a favor that shit would be boring anyway lol

Rosie
Learner
Learner

Post by Rosie »

Is it bad I didn't even realise they hadn't uploaded.. 😂😂 They always have 'technical issues', it can't be that hard to film one video and get it up on time. It's not like that much goes into the majority of them.

inadream
Informer
Informer

Post by inadream »

I’m so confused by them constantly having technical issues.... maybe I’m wrong but I hardly ever see other youtubers complain about that. They kept saying “we’re trying everything we can”, how hard can it be to upload a video?! I don’t understand it and they’re always so vague about it. I wonder if maybe it got demonitized and they were trying to fix it and figure it out but couldn’t. I remember Emma said a little while ago that she had a new video ready to post but it had already been demonitized so it had to be fixed/edited and then it was up a few hours later

apple23
Learner
Learner

Post by apple23 »

inadream wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:28 pm
I’m so confused by them constantly having technical issues.... maybe I’m wrong but I hardly ever see other youtubers complain about that. They kept saying “we’re trying everything we can”, how hard can it be to upload a video?! I don’t understand it and they’re always so vague about it. I wonder if maybe it got demonitized and they were trying to fix it and figure it out but couldn’t. I remember Emma said a little while ago that she had a new video ready to post but it had already been demonitized so it had to be fixed/edited and then it was up a few hours later
This would be a more believable reason than their 'technical difficulties'. I just don't get why they always wait until the last hours to upload their video's, because they're always a couple of minutes/hours late with uploading. You can actually upload in advance and just make the video public right? :roll:

MsAudrey
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MsAudrey »

Whose gonna break the news to Shane Dawson?

inadream
Informer
Informer

Post by inadream »

Last week fans on twitter were complaining about the twins being so brand friendly and saying they want them to be more themselves/curse normally etc in videos and Grayson tweeted this lol they didn’t bleep out the curse words in this video like they always do so I’m guessing the issue yesterday actually was that the video was demonetized and they had to fix it

Ew_ipreferalatte
Informer
Informer

MsAudrey wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:12 pm

Makeup!!!!!! Ok i think they read this thread idk if they’re just trolling about what’s been discussed or it could just be for content. They really are pushing towards the gay audience I mean there’s nothing wrong with that. And plus they use profanity all the time, idk why they using all these slang words to sound cool they are just cringey.

pacificdreams99
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by pacificdreams99 »

Ew_ipreferalatte wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:33 pm
MsAudrey wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:12 pm

Makeup!!!!!! Ok i think they read this thread idk if they’re just trolling about what’s been discussed or it could just be for content. They really are pushing towards the gay audience I mean there’s nothing wrong with that. And plus they use profanity all the time, idk why they using all these slang words to sound cool they are just cringey.
I think it's more so Influencer Marketing done on Fenty's part. The marketing team did their research and knows the Dolan Twins have millions of LOYAL fans worldwide, and the vast majority being impressionable young women and gay men....the best audience to sell makeup to. If it wasn't for that obvious win-win scenario for the twins (video content) and for Fenty (eyes of a million more customers), they would not have bothered to let them film.

zephyrus
Learner
Learner

Post by zephyrus »

Rosie wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:24 pm
Is it bad I didn't even realise they hadn't uploaded.. 😂😂 They always have 'technical issues', it can't be that hard to film one video and get it up on time. It's not like that much goes into the majority of them.
Guest wrote:
Well they're not uploading again. Wonder what technical issues they're having? They sound a little melodramatic about it though.

Not attacking you guys bc you’re entitled to your opinion, but I don’t get when people say they don’t put effort into their videos? They literally built a fucking house in one of them, how much more effort can you put in lmao. I feel like ironically it’s the fact people (esp fans on Twitter) think they put TOO much effort into their videos, with the result that their videos come across as too over-prepared or convoluted, which is actually putting people off. I’ve seen lots of people say they want them to just do ‘chiller’ videos like a vlog with their friends or something.

But yeah, I understand the boring criticism, but never understood the ‘lack of effort’ criticism - they clearly care A LOT about their videos (even if there is a money incentive), as was clear from their (kinda concerning and over dramatic it must be said) tweets yesterday about how they felt they’d ‘let everyone down’ by not uploading. There is no way they ‘forgot’ to film a video, they always seem lowkey stressed and anal about uploading every Tuesday (like even when Ethan was knocked out from the drugs for the septum surgery, he kept worrying about uploading)

zephyrus
Learner
Learner

Post by zephyrus »

inadream wrote:
Agreed, it was 100% a monetisation problem. And it’s not a coincidence that this is the first vid they’ve done in ages where they didn’t bleep cuss words, and they experience such severe ‘technical difficulties’ that they have to upload the next day. They prob had to get the vid re-edited or something so that it was fit for monetisation even with all the swearing.

Ew_ipreferalatte
Informer
Informer

zephyrus wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:33 pm
inadream wrote:
Agreed, it was 100% a monetisation problem. And it’s not a coincidence that this is the first vid they’ve done in ages where they didn’t bleep cuss words, and they experience such severe ‘technical difficulties’ that they have to upload the next day. They prob had to get the vid re-edited or something so that it was fit for monetisation even with all the swearing.
Damnnn they cuss that much lol I can Just imagine what they say off camera. Also did anybody on here even watch the video. I’m surprised they collabed with fenty beauty that’s big xongrats to them tho.

Rosie
Learner
Learner

Post by Rosie »

zephyrus wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:27 pm
Rosie wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:24 pm
Guest wrote:

Not attacking you guys bc you’re entitled to your opinion, but I don’t get when people say they don’t put effort into their videos? They literally built a fucking house in one of them, how much more effort can you put in lmao. I feel like ironically it’s the fact people (esp fans on Twitter) think they put TOO much effort into their videos, with the result that their videos come across as too over-prepared or convoluted, which is actually putting people off. I’ve seen lots of people say they want them to just do ‘chiller’ videos like a vlog with their friends or something.

But yeah, I understand the boring criticism, but never understood the ‘lack of effort’ criticism - they clearly care A LOT about their videos (even if there is a money incentive), as was clear from their (kinda concerning and over dramatic it must be said) tweets yesterday about how they felt they’d ‘let everyone down’ by not uploading. There is no way they ‘forgot’ to film a video, they always seem lowkey stressed and anal about uploading every Tuesday (like even when Ethan was knocked out from the drugs for the septum surgery, he kept worrying about uploading)
All good, everyone is free to share their opinion☺ I agree they put effort into their videos, but some are a little questionable. (Cbf naming them.) Even the building a house one, honestly isn't that hard of a thing to do when you think about it. I would enjoy them more if they didn't come across so rehearsed and were more natural.

zabs123
Informer
Informer

Post by zabs123 »

Talk about branching out, a Fenty collab is the last thing I expected. Clever marketing from Fenty to collab with the twins who’s audience consists of young teenage girls (even I want to try their new luminous foundation now lmao)

I wonder why ryanabe went with them to San Francisco when he wasn’t even part of the video?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daisyyvelise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Daisyyvelise »

When Ethan said 'We all love a snatched nose' he sounds like James lol and in their first collab Ethan asked James what snatched meant now he uses that all the time ... lol

Marie_10
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Marie_10 »

Why can't they even admit that the technical issue was monetization lol? They're so... I don't know how to explain, they're like way too focused on their brand and their persona. It's cringe.

inadream
Informer
Informer

Post by inadream »

Marie_10 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:10 pm
Why can't they even admit that the technical issue was monetization lol? They're so... I don't know how to explain, they're like way too focused on their brand and their persona. It's cringe.
Yeah I remember when it happened to Emma a little while ago, she went on Snapchat and posted a story saying “I have a video ready to post but it already got demonetized so I’m fixing it and it will be up either later or tomorrow” I would have more respect for the twins if they were straight up about stuff like that. Like nobody is going to get mad you want to make money on your videos, especially your fans... it’s your job, people will be understanding if you just tell the truth

Spice1
Learner
Learner

Post by Spice1 »

Looks like he’s been reading this thread. I actually find the tweet funny.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ew_ipreferalatte
Informer
Informer

Spice1 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:34 am
What does that prove lol

Spice1
Learner
Learner

Post by Spice1 »

Ew_ipreferalatte wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:00 am
Spice1 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:34 am
What does that prove lol
Trying to prove to us that he doesn’t need ethan around all the time. Basically a middle finger to us all who said he’s too attached to ethan. Let’s hope he keeps it up though.

Return to “The Dolan Twins”