Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: THE DOLAN TWINS

Post by zephyrus »

vaguelyviolet wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 9:55 pm
Idk if i’m being paranoid but do y’all think the twins read here??? One of y’all pointed out pages ago that they’re not as active especially gray on twitter. And lately hes been quote tweeting fans. Their ig merch account will now feature a fan wearing their merch each week. And just today on snap he says he’s gonna start posting a lot more on there.
Lmao I literally thought the EXACT same thing this week when they started being way more active on social media, interacting more with fans and switched up their editing etc...but I highly doubt it

zephyrus
Learner
Learner

Post by zephyrus »

seacuddle wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:14 pm
i feel like if they started posting vlogs like some suggested a few pages back, or began posting things like work out videos they could expand their audience range outside of their usual middle school/HS girls. they're in great shape and I'm sure other guys would love to take some diet/work out advice from them.

on the other hand, I completely understand why they choose to pretty much never show their life outside of their scripted usual videos. their fans will overanalyze a shadow shown for 1/5 of a second on screen lol, if they posted vlogs it would never stop. but I think it would be so much more fulfilling for them to have fans who watch them for what they have to offer rather than their looks and somewhat fake YT personalities.
I really wish they would post workout videos! For two guys who have clearly been very into fitness and health for a long time I'm actually surprised they don't show us anything to do with their fitness routine other than occasionally snapchat their workouts.

cheapnevil
Stalker
Stalker

Post by cheapnevil »

applejuice wrote:
zephyrus wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:36 am
Yeah I hate to say it but I also think the picking out art part was staged. They didn't seem genuinely shocked that they guessed each other's art pieces correctly - whereas when Ethan found Grayson in the last part on the hiking trail, you could tell they were genuinely shocked it worked. I guess because the art was so expensive to take that risk (even for them) they just faked it?
I definitely think it was fake because they kept saying what a big investment it was and how big of a risk it was. They probably did guess which one was which then check with each other that it was the right one which is why they seem less surprised at home.
New here, but I especially loved that the one artist sells his pieces for upwards of $25,000 and his link was listed. In case their young fans just have that laying around and are looking for art.

vaguelyviolet
Informer
Informer

Post by vaguelyviolet »

zephyrus wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 1:14 pm
seacuddle wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:14 pm
i feel like if they started posting vlogs like some suggested a few pages back, or began posting things like work out videos they could expand their audience range outside of their usual middle school/HS girls. they're in great shape and I'm sure other guys would love to take some diet/work out advice from them.

on the other hand, I completely understand why they choose to pretty much never show their life outside of their scripted usual videos. their fans will overanalyze a shadow shown for 1/5 of a second on screen lol, if they posted vlogs it would never stop. but I think it would be so much more fulfilling for them to have fans who watch them for what they have to offer rather than their looks and somewhat fake YT personalities.
I really wish they would post workout videos! For two guys who have clearly been very into fitness and health for a long time I'm actually surprised they don't show us anything to do with their fitness routine other than occasionally snapchat their workouts.
“almonds are a great source of health”
“cranberries are good for your bladdy”
“wtf anti aging raisins?”
These are the same guys y’all want to see doing workout videos?? lol i kid. (

For me it’s more so their arts and music. Give us little snippets of art they’re creating instead of like you said the occasional picture. I don’t know if that’s asking too much but i’m sure other people besides myself would wanna see what they create, music wise or scripts. what artists inspire them, any favorite films or recommended artists/directors etc just literally anything pertaining to that.

I also wish they did ig lives but the fandom ruined this opportunity bc i just know the comments would be filled with ethma questions.

Post by Guest »

i feel so bad for them because people want them to be more public, but you can tell they don't want to. They're trying to do something new with the content and editing to keep people in, instead of 'exploiting' their personal lives. Also, there not going to be teenagers for much longer and I think that the fangirls need to realise that and welcome a change because if they want them to do the same scripted videos, they're going to get depressed.

apple23
Learner
Learner

Post by apple23 »

They probably do get a lot of offers to be the face of a brand and they could vlog or make more 'lifestyle' video's to gain views, but I don't think it's the direction they want to go in. They've said multiple times that their end-goal is to work behind the scenes and be more creative. When you work with brands or vlog, it's going to be more of a personality based channel. I guess they want to be successful, but not for their personality/looks but more for their work/creativity.

bugsby33
Lurker
Lurker

Post by bugsby33 »

Okay so this isn't a new theory by any means but after watching Tati drag james in her newest video, "Bye Sister", it is safe to say that James definitely pushed the sister squad away by his behaviors.

James was always very forward with Grayson. James seems to think that "turning" straight guys into gay guys is a personality trait. I can definitely see him trying with Grayson and covering it up with being "close friends".

It is so clear that their relationship was a transaction. James is just on the lookout for himself and making money, he seems so far from being genuine. It makes me sad because I wish the twins had people around them that they could trust. I obviously don't know them on any personal level, but that aspect of being famous has to suck.

Post by Guest »

Okay I think we can all agree that the sister squad has finished. I really admire the twins from distancing them from James even before all the scandals. And I do agree, I reckon James would have harassed Grayson considering the comments he would make to him even back when he was 17

Grandexxx15
Debater
Debater

Post by Grandexxx15 »

Idk why Grayson didn’t just check him on being inappropriate towards him. It’s like they’re too nice and it irks me.
[[img]https://media.giphy.com/media/229F8CK0dopFrPrteK/giphy.gif[/img]

carlinn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by carlinn »

Grandexxx15 wrote:Idk why Grayson didn’t just check him on being inappropriate towards him. It’s like they’re too nice and it irks me.
I don’t blame him, Tati is a 30 something year old woman and said she was afraid of James at the end of her video. I understand if the twins wanted to get out of the sister squad situation as silent as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grandexxx15
Debater
Debater

Post by Grandexxx15 »

But who would be intimidated by James what is he gonna do fight them with makeup brushes
[[img]https://media.giphy.com/media/229F8CK0dopFrPrteK/giphy.gif[/img]

carlinn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by carlinn »

Grandexxx15 wrote:But who would be intimidated by James what is he gonna do fight them with makeup brushes
Money is powerful. He harassed straight men by saying it was fine because he’s a celebrity (Tati mentions this in her video), not all intimidation is physical

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lyddiemarie
Informer
Informer

Post by lyddiemarie »

Grandexxx15 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 6:03 pm
But who would be intimidated by James what is he gonna do fight them with makeup brushes
I hate to say it, but James has so much power really, and not only financially. We've all seen what happens to people who speak out against him, and even though we joke about his lawyers, I'm sure he could be a formidable opponent.
"Doesn't matter - I'm a celebrity!" - James Charles, "MUA"

Siomairice
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Siomairice »

lyddiemarie wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 6:11 pm
Grandexxx15 wrote:
I hate to say it, but James has so much power really, and not only financially. We've all seen what happens to people who speak out against him, and even though we joke about his lawyers, I'm sure he could be a formidable opponent.
Dont forget to add his die hard fans who have been loyal to him since day one

seacuddle
Debater
Debater

Post by seacuddle »

the twins were/are probably afraid to say something because posting a video like Tati did could either go extremely well (as it's going in her case) or extremely bad. Tati made a huge risk given James' influence and the 10m+ subscribers he has on her, she could have easily damaged her career badly today. i think that's at least part of the reason why she said she's afraid of him, he's manipulative and has tons of influence.

also E and G just never post anything inflammatory in general. that old saying about pointing a finger at someone and having three point back at you and such.

lyddiemarie
Informer
Informer

Post by lyddiemarie »

Guest wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 7:28 pm
Siomairice wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 7:19 pm
lyddiemarie wrote:
Grandexxx15 wrote:
James wouldn't have a prayer if he went after Ethan and Grayson. If James launched a smear campaign against the twins and attempted to play victim...all the twins would have to do is sue for slander and libel.
And if it really got dirty, imagine how long James would be in the hospital :o

lyddiemarie
Informer
Informer

Post by lyddiemarie »

Guest wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 7:36 pm
lyddiemarie wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 7:30 pm
Guest wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 7:28 pm
Siomairice wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 7:19 pm
lyddiemarie wrote:

James wouldn't have a prayer if he went after Ethan and Grayson. If James launched a smear campaign against the twins and attempted to play victim...all the twins would have to do is sue for slander and libel.
And if it really got dirty, imagine how long James would be in the hospital :o
A diagnosis of forced ego-deflation typically has a recovery period of 6 to 12 months lol.
If at all :D

Post by Guest »

I hope Ethan takes off the safety pin necklace

nillawafer1
Learner
Learner

Post by nillawafer1 »

I'd also like to see a bit more of their creative sides. I think if they did workout videos we wouldn't be seeing a vulnerable side of them if that makes sense, like there'd still be a bit of a wall up. I recently rewatched Ethan's prank on Grayson where he disguised himself and pretended to be the postmates delivery guy and then snuck into the back yard. And Grayson was apparently writing for hours when it all went down. I was always curious about what he was writing. Does anyone know? I'd love to see their more creative intellectual sides beyond just videos and editing.

vaguelyviolet
Informer
Informer

Post by vaguelyviolet »

nillawafer1 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 1:54 am
I'd also like to see a bit more of their creative sides. I think if they did workout videos we wouldn't be seeing a vulnerable side of them if that makes sense, like there'd still be a bit of a wall up. I recently rewatched Ethan's prank on Grayson where he disguised himself and pretended to be the postmates delivery guy and then snuck into the back yard. And Grayson was apparently writing for hours when it all went down. I was always curious about what he was writing. Does anyone know? I'd love to see their more creative intellectual sides beyond just videos and editing.
They never said but from my foggy memory from snapchat’s implied that Grayson was writing for the cubsport music video.

Return to “The Dolan Twins”