Eugenia Cooney - Part 3

Tantei-kun
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0

Re: Eugenia Cooney - Part 3

Post by Tantei-kun »

ZhaZhaZhoo wrote:Kati Morton is so predatory. She looks and acts like someone you should definitely not trust with any personal information. I think she got into the mental health profession just to hear people's secrets and to feel like she can lord over them and manipulate them.

She is always so unprofessional, I have never been able to stand her. I can't believe the way she behaves in that Eugenia Cooney interview with someone so delicate mentally. Like another poster said, Kati Morton is an example of why I don't trust mental health professionals. So many quacks and creepy and predatory ones out there. Bad people will bad, and bad people around vulnerable people is the worst.
I used to watch her videos when I struggled with an ED but I always disliked something about her smile or "smize" and had to look away. It seems pretty dishonest or like an automatic mask. Weird impressions aside, I understand that a therapist should focus on making their patient relax but if that's the case, why make their sessions public? Why not keep it public? I guess at least one of them felt like indirectly shading Jaclyn and co. Also, her messages with Jaclyn getting leaked... who does she think she's fooling? If she's trying to play the double agent it's a clumsy, transparent attempt at best. It's sad she's the one who got her hands on Eugenia after she dropped her treatment and not someone sensitive enough to handle it. Though, Eugenia herself is pretty irritating too, so I guess it's better to leave her be. Her choice.

randomMcRandom
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by randomMcRandom »

Guest wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:08 am
I don't believe Kati is inherently malicious but she is definitely selling out her professional ethics for views.
Erm, that's practically the textbook definition of malicious behavior.

herbata
Informer
Informer

Post by herbata »

The thread is pretty much dead lately, but people are starting to speculate in her comments she relapsed:/
I still cant understand why she is not attending any therapy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mfromitaly
Learner
Learner

Post by mfromitaly »

When she got back and looked better and talked in a less hyper voice i actually subbed to her, it was nice to watch her videos, but lately i unsubbed again because she is again painful to watch. I hate seeing her like this and you are so right that toxic positivity is a thing. Concerns when posed kindly and politely need to be adressed not squashed by a blanket "let's all always be only positive" attitude...

herbata
Informer
Informer

Post by herbata »

mfromitaly wrote:When she got back and looked better and talked in a less hyper voice i actually subbed to her, it was nice to watch her videos, but lately i unsubbed again because she is again painful to watch. I hate seeing her like this and you are so right that toxic positivity is a thing. Concerns when posed kindly and politely need to be adressed not squashed by a blanket "let's all always be only positive" attitude...
Same, I had to unsubscribe. I cant enable her relapsing

semivillain
Learner
Learner

Post by semivillain »

I mean...its no surprise.

Not to be mean but she never really recovered anyway and she didn't seem to be busy with trying to recover.

imtrying_girl
Talker
Talker

Post by imtrying_girl »

The biggest thing is, she didn't want help. She didn't want to go to the hospital. She is still holding a grudge over Jaclyn and her friends for doing it to her. So she's not going to change. She's not going to get better. She doesn't want to. She HAD to. Now that she's on her own again (with her mom) she's going to go back to how she was. I don't see how anyone would think that she's actually on a road to recovery. She won't ever be until she herself wants to on her own. It's very sad really.
"The Unexamined Life is Not Worth Living"

herbata
Informer
Informer

Post by herbata »

imtrying_girl wrote:The biggest thing is, she didn't want help. She didn't want to go to the hospital. She is still holding a grudge over Jaclyn and her friends for doing it to her. So she's not going to change. She's not going to get better. She doesn't want to. She HAD to. Now that she's on her own again (with her mom) she's going to go back to how she was. I don't see how anyone would think that she's actually on a road to recovery. She won't ever be until she herself wants to on her own. It's very sad really.
You’re right, but its just very sad to look at :(

ivana abramovich
Debater
Debater

Post by ivana abramovich »

Good God, I just randomly decided to check her youtube to see how she's doing and two min into the video with the white wig I can notice how thin her face is again :?

melissa1983
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by melissa1983 »

She's doing that arm thing again, where she hides them at her sides. I fucking hate her fans. Whenever someone comes out voicing legit concerns they all swarm and attack saying she's fine and nothing is wrong and tell them to mind their business. She just uploaded a video and someone commented saying she's looking really skinny again and at least five people commented attacking them saying they were going to trigger her again. There is CLEARLY something wrong. She needs to get the hell away from her mother. She has no friends she can reach out to for help because she's blocked them.

Dex_Cotton
Informer
Informer

Post by Dex_Cotton »

Sadly the only way she'll truly be able to get better is if her horrible sack of shit of a mother dies. I'm not wishing the woman death. I'm just stating the facts.

~~♥above it all♥~~
Informer
Informer

Post by ~~♥above it all♥~~ »

Dex_Cotton wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:39 am
Sadly the only way she'll truly be able to get better is if her horrible sack of shit of a mother dies. I'm not wishing the woman death. I'm just stating the facts.
True, her mother is obviously enabling her alongside all her weird devoted fans. She will never truly get better if her mother is still largely in the picture.

forthewinandwine
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by forthewinandwine »

I was really hoping Eugenia would recover when she came back. Is there no system for this kind of situations in US? Her relationship with her mother almost reminds me of Gybsy Rose, just that Eugenia actually is sick.

imtrying_girl
Talker
Talker

Post by imtrying_girl »

forthewinandwine wrote:I was really hoping Eugenia would recover when she came back. Is there no system for this kind of situations in US? Her relationship with her mother almost reminds me of Gybsy Rose, just that Eugenia actually is sick.
Yes it is 100% just like that, I can't get that out of my mind Image

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

"The Unexamined Life is Not Worth Living"

herbata
Informer
Informer

Post by herbata »

I’d really like to understand how that weird power dynamic works between them. It has some things in common with Gypsy Rose’s case, but it’s so confusing. I hope we will get that knowledge one day and Eugenia will get free.

Denise0211
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Denise0211 »

I think most of us called it, sadly. She didn't want help, didn't believe she needed it, and was in treatment for faaaaarrrr too short a time. She should never have resurfaced on YT so quickly either, but momma has to make that coin.
I had noticed even a month or 2 ago how her face was gaunt again, but got "told" that was the way things?worked lol. "After treatment their faces are TOO puffy, so now she is normal again." Bunch of Ana-enablers.

rey7878
Talker
Talker

Post by rey7878 »

It's so frustrating watching someone you're rooting for give up. Also, I came across this one girl's recovery story and she was very calculated about her moves in and out of treatment. She said she would go in and know as soon as she got out she was going to stop eating. She was also very specific about what size she felt best at.

Do you think Eugenia is like that too but hides it? To me she seems so clueless about recovery whereas this girl was 17 and very educated on the topic and like I said calculated with her intentions. She eventually got tired of the cycle and has been in recovery.

Denise0211
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Denise0211 »

rey7878 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:31 pm
It's so frustrating watching someone you're rooting for give up. Also, I came across this one girl's recovery story and she was very calculated about her moves in and out of treatment. She said she would go in and know as soon as she got out she was going to stop eating. She was also very specific about what size she felt best at.

Do you think Eugenia is like that too but hides it? To me she seems so clueless about recovery whereas this girl was 17 and very educated on the topic and like I said calculated with her intentions. She eventually got tired of the cycle and has been in recovery.
I think Eugenia is a lot more calculating than people think. But that usually comes with the illness....manipulation and lying is a huge part of it. She hasn't found the proper help, she sadly won't break the cycle without it, and the past 5150 was her best shot.

theongreyjoy
Debater
Debater

Post by theongreyjoy »

Guest wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:52 pm
Eugenia's weight seems to be yoyoing between gaining and losing which isn't healthy. She is still not as thin as she was in that KH cosplay video but she may very well be on her way back there :/

I think Shane pushing the 'recovered' angle was just awful. It really isn't that simple with anorexia.
Yeah I'm pretty sure Shane is the reason why so many people are in denial about her illness now. Shane's "documentary" basically implied that everything was perfectly fine now and Eugenia gets a happy ending and it's all so inspirational and lovely - admitting she's still ill means admitting Shane was wrong/misleading and there's that weird thing in Youtube culture where people are really unwilling to criticize Shane about anything, so the easiest thing for people to do is insist she's fine so they can still think of Shane as infallible in their minds :roll:
Sit back and enjoy your problems, you don't always have to solve 'em :toss:

SylvieMoon
Debater
Debater

Post by SylvieMoon »

Denise0211 wrote:I think most of us called it, sadly. She didn't want help, didn't believe she needed it, and was in treatment for faaaaarrrr too short a time. She should never have resurfaced on YT so quickly either, but momma has to make that coin.
I had noticed even a month or 2 ago how her face was gaunt again, but got "told" that was the way things?worked lol. "After treatment their faces are TOO puffy, so now she is normal again." Bunch of Ana-enablers.
I got the same response when I pointed out she seemed to be relapsing. It was obvious she would anyway, Anorexia is already as hard to recover with treatment as it is, and with Eugenia not keeping up with therapy etc well... Image

Return to “Eugenia Cooney”