TheTimTracker

PanicStation
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

TheTimTracker

Post by PanicStation »

I am always looking for new daily vlogging couples and I recently found Tim and Jenn. They are young and funny and they live in Orlando so they have a ton of videos in Disney World and Universal Studios. If you love theme parks I highly recommend them. Anyone else know of them?

pinkpotato
Learner
Learner

Re: TheTimTracker

Post by pinkpotato »

Yes, they're awesome and deserve so much more attention :tu:

Kellybellyjelly
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Kellybellyjelly »

Yes, I've been following them for years. They've changed quite a bit though, IMHO. Once they filmed the Diagon Alley opening, they gained thousands more subs. Since then, they've filmed WAY more touristy things. Which is fine, especially for the non Orlando viewers. However, a lot of their original viewers are from the Orlando area, and I kinda miss a lot of the "hidden Florida" type stuff they used to film. There was a lot more hanging out at home type of filming, which I really enjoy. I'm happy for them and think they deserve the recognition because I think they are really genuine, nice people. I just miss the old stuff.

pinkpotato
Learner
Learner

Post by pinkpotato »

I think that they feel obligated to go out to the parks(or do something exciting) everyday for their viewers' entertainment. I know that that's what their content is, but it's sad to me that they have to apologize for having a relaxing day at home. I'm also from around the Orlando area so I get what you mean, but it's kind of amazing how thorough their coverage is (specifically HHN)

GamerGirl1990
Informer
Informer

Post by GamerGirl1990 »

I used to watch them but unsubbed a while ago because the videos just felt boring and forced. I checked back recently and they have really changed but not for the better. I thought they were nice and genuine at first but Tim has always seemed like a desperate Charles Trippy wannabe and Jenn can be very immature, rude and catty on twitter. Tim is one of those who likes to act like he doesn't care but it's obvious he's very desperate to be Youtube famous and feel like a rock star. I don't think they are genuine at all, especially not now. They go to Universal so they can feel famous and they really basque in the attention. I remember a while back Tim saying they would never have pre roll ads because they're against that and they don't care about money. Yet now every single video has pre roll ads and they pretty much do anything they can to get views. I know every Youtuber wants views but it's just funny to me that the people who always say they don't do youtube for money and don't care about that, are always the ones to change their tune as soon as they get a little bit. As much as I used to like them, I've come to realize the nice down to earth couple thing was just a facade they put on for the camera. They're really just another fame hungry attention seeking couple who contradicts themselves. This might seem harsh but I'm just disappointed because I liked the fact that they seemed different and down to earth. Now they're just the typical "send us stuff in the mail" blah blah blah

PanicStation
Informer
Informer

Post by PanicStation »

Hm, it's interesting to see a different perspective. I've only been following them for maybe a year and a half so I can't relate, but from what I've seen I really like them. Tim always makes me laugh and Jenn is growing on me. They almost always respond to my comments and they seem to really listen to their viewers and take their comments into consideration. I also like that they don't try to portray their lives as anything special or glamorous like other Youtube couples. They are just a normal young couple with normal lives and they don't try to be anything they're not. I did get a little annoyed with all of the Halloween Horror Nights videos though. I ended up skipping over a lot of those because they showed the same footage every single day. Also they always seem a little awkward whenever they meet one of their subscribers in real life. I think they are just slightly socially awkward though, so I can't fault them on that.

Theother99%
Informer
Informer

Post by Theother99% »

So glad there was already a thread started about them. OMG, they are sooooo boring now!!!!! I cannot stand Jenn, she must be the laziest thing ever. What exactly does she do? She doesn't work and doesn't drive so she just sits at home all day? She also seems like a bitch. Their vlogs are so redundant already (weather, food, tim home from work to restate everything Jenn said earlier then sunset). I agree with previous post that they are wannabees.

Rebelle
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rebelle »

I really wasn't going to post this because it's rude and kinda harsh, but whatever.

Jenn IS catty on Twitter. It really shined through with that whole Epcot lady brawl a few weeks back, she was calling anyone who thought it was even remotely funny a horrible person and picking fights.
Tim makes that dumb surprised face in every picture & constantly butchers pronunciations; like, Harambe, a former cast member kindly corrected him in the comments and he responded really snarky then deleted the thread. I also feel like he drinks and drives a bit much. I'm not saying he's sloshed, but it's a bad look to have several beers and/or drinks then drive home. Even if they don't vlog it people aren't THAT naive. They're always saying there's so much traffic or the highways are dangerous because people drive crazy. Jenn did say several weeks ago that she doesn't drive because of her anxiety. :roll: She drove up until early 2014, she used to have a car and a job.
Halloween Horror Nights is boring as fuck because they go constantly. They blew off vloggers Joe & Ashley of SeeYaReelSoon (they're total Disney wiener nerds, but are very endearing) who were visiting Disney and their mutual viewers on twitter wanted them to meet the next day and vlog. Jenn said maybe next time they're in town because they weren't going to Disney that weekend which is fair, but then they proceeded to go to Disney the next 3 days in a row and never met up with them. That just was just the bullshit tipping scale for me, if it was Alli Speed or another person that could garner them more attention they would've been there so quickly. They're so obsessed with the fact that they have a UK fan base that they neglect their other viewers. And their merch is tacky.

Told you it was rude, so I'm gonna stop lol <3 :tu:

GuruWannabe
Debater
Debater

Post by GuruWannabe »

I am very on the fence about them as well.. I have not been watching long, probably a year. I do agree it is the same footage a lot. When I was new to their channel I would get really excited about the park videos but now they are the same thing over and over and they will point out like a flower that changed or a sign that is gone that really doesn't matter. Plus the healthy eating that they go on and off from every other day, literally within the last 3 months they have started and stopped like 8 different diets.

The one time I stopped watching for a while because they went to Sea World (I am not a crazy activist or anything but I know that Sea World is not the greatest place) and they of course got called out in the comments for it because I think everyone and their mother watched Blackfish that year and Tim went on to defend Sea World. Once again, I don't know a lot about what goes on there but I know it is not great and there is not real great way to defend keeping a giant orca in a tank.

Anyways that is my two cents about them.

PanicStation
Informer
Informer

Post by PanicStation »

What do you guys think about the way they handled the whole creepy e-mail situation? There was something off to me about the way they communicated their feelings in the video. I get that they were freaked out but idk, it almost came off as rude to their other subscribers. I wonder how long their break will be. Probably not very long...

arcade34
Talker
Talker

Post by arcade34 »

The creepy e-mail video was odd, I honestly think they should of said nothing to us - I wouldn't of known there was a situation plus as i don't follow their social media but there are nosey people out there and now they will look for information like where he works (although he's told us before) and live. If they thought there was any danger they should of handed the information over to the police and kept it quiet to protect their privacy even more.

I think it was probably just Jenn over reacting, i know she has bad anxiety maybe that contributed to her clear anger but personally I don't think she's as nice as she put across on the vlogs reading her tweets she doesn't come across that kind and sweet.

But yeah, watching the video i felt like i had done wrong when they were saying It's none of your damn business knowing where we live etc... Tim should of done the video tbh, Jenn made it worse for me and honestly for the first time dislike her!

GuruWannabe
Debater
Debater

Post by GuruWannabe »

Yeah I agree, Jen did not handle that well. Plus it was just a video of her freaking out and Tim holding the camera and chiming in like twice. They are back now, or at least they posted videos but I don't think they mentioned anymore about it. I mean I would be a little scared too but I guess it just comes with the territory, a lot of you tubers have had addresses leaked but most didn't really say anything because they knew it would draw more attention to it from others.

PanicStation
Informer
Informer

Post by PanicStation »

I definitely agree that Tim should have made the video. Jenn really did make it seem like all of her viewers were to blame. And now all of the comments are like "OH thank god you're back!!" Like really, they were gone for 2 days. Obviously they're back. It'll be interesting to see if they ever make any mention of the event again. As for Jenn, I'll have to pay better attention to her tweets. I haven't noticed anything rude but I don't really follow her.

Rebelle
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rebelle »

I agree they should've never said anything and that information is easier to find than you'd think. Jenn's anger was for sure misdirected fright, rightfully so because it's scary, but I'm sorry I just don't buy that she has "really bad anxiety". Of course they would be back in two days they need the money. I don't know how they can afford for her not to work because they've been doing near daily videos on YouTube for 6 years now and haven't hit 100K subscribers yet, so they can't be making that much.

GamerGirl1990
Informer
Informer

Post by GamerGirl1990 »

I live in Georgia so I've been to Orlando quite a few times and actually met them on more than one occasion. They weren't outright rude or anything but they definitely put on an act for the camera. It was very obvious that they're only interested in talking to fans who kiss their ass and make them feel famous. Or big Youtubers who can make them more famous by association. Jenn is a drama queen and one of those people who takes everything as a personal attack. I'm not super inclined to believe she stopped working or driving because of her "anxiety." She's just a grown woman who acts like a teenage girl and gets upset when she doesn't get her way. And any kind of disagreement or criticism, even constructive is automatically passed off as hate or bullying.

This couple who used to be so adamant about not caring about the money and never having a preroll ad on any of their videos sure has become the exact opposite of what they originally preached. Nothing wrong with making money from Youtube but when you're so adamant about being against it, and then you decide to do it makes me give them the side eye. The creepy email thing is a perfect example of how immature and bitchy Jenn is

GuruWannabe
Debater
Debater

Post by GuruWannabe »

GamerGirl1990 wrote:I live in Georgia so I've been to Orlando quite a few times and actually met them on more than one occasion. They weren't outright rude or anything but they definitely put on an act for the camera. It was very obvious that they're only interested in talking to fans who kiss their ass and make them feel famous. Or big Youtubers who can make them more famous by association. Jenn is a drama queen and one of those people who takes everything as a personal attack. I'm not super inclined to believe she stopped working or driving because of her "anxiety." She's just a grown woman who acts like a teenage girl and gets upset when she doesn't get her way. And any kind of disagreement or criticism, even constructive is automatically passed off as hate or bullying.

This couple who used to be so adamant about not caring about the money and never having a preroll ad on any of their videos sure has become the exact opposite of what they originally preached. Nothing wrong with making money from Youtube but when you're so adamant about being against it, and then you decide to do it makes me give them the side eye. The creepy email thing is a perfect example of how immature and bitchy Jenn is
Totally agree with you, I kinda get the impression that the whole 'youtube' thing has turned into Jen's job. I mean I don't know what Tim does for a living (nor do I really care) but it must be tough for him to have to be the only one making money. That is why I say Jen is probably using youtube as her income (which is fair because she does do the editing) but I knew that break wouldn't be long because of that reason.

Rebelle
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rebelle »

The video with the couch fight shows how petulant she acts and how they troll with pronunciations. Then she got bitchy on twitter saying she doesn't care what the people in the comments say she's never going to pronounce it that way. The word was "chaise" they kept pronouncing as "chase" for anyone who was wondering. IDK what he does, but she spends like it's going out of style. She gets a lot of pricey stuff from Sephora, new Dior eyeglasses (which I will concede and say are an investment), she gets her hair done every 4 weeks-- whoever is doing it is taking her for a ride with that awful technique and color.
Also, I noticed a few days ago they took down the creepy email video. We see you. 8-)

QueenElsa
Learner
Learner

Post by QueenElsa »

I haven't logged on to GG in so long, but I'm so happy to see a Tim Tracker thread! I've only been watching him and Jenn for a few months and I'm still not sure how I feel about them. Well no that's not true. I like Tim but I can't stand Jenn, she just seems like such a miserable bitch, and she does a bad job of hiding it on her videos. The video where they explained about getting the email with the personal info really made me hate her. She's so over dramatic and just plain unlikeable, I don't understand how they get more and more viewers. I also don't understand how she doesn't work, but whatever, none of my business I guess. But for someone claiming to have anxiety, she handles it quite well, considering I have awful anxiety and would never think of doing half the things she does. :roll: And their "break" was a joke, they took 2 days off because obviously they need their YouTube money for Jenn's purple hair and Sephora hauls. I honestly think they only did it to have people beg them to come back. I sometimes feel sorry for Tim, I don't know how he puts up with her.

And she's always saying things about how they get hateful comments on their videos but I've never seen one, does she immediately delete them or something? It surprises me that all of their comments are always kissing their asses, I never see anything negative, but she claims it happens and acts all upset about it.

I don't know. I'll continue watching for now because I do like Tim, however, once he starts to annoy me, I'll stop. I already can't stand how he stands in front of that clock and says "happy whatever day it happens to be" lol. But some of their videos are fun, I mostly try to ignore Jenn and focus on Tim but again, I'm sure there will come a time that he starts to get on my nerves and I'll stop watching lol.

darylcaller
Stalker
Stalker

Post by darylcaller »

I've lived in Orlando for 20 years and spend a lot of time at the theme parks, each time I see these 2 huge phony jerks, I turn the other way. They are not at all like they present themselves in their videos. They have a local big fish celebrity mentality and if you aren't engaging them by kissing their ass and tell them how much you love them and their channel, they are incredibly rude and obnoxious.

Rebelle
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rebelle »

I'll be surprised if Tim doesn't delete this.

Return to “TheTimTracker”