Dr. Dray

_no_idea_
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dr. Dray

Post by _no_idea_ »

^ Has she ever discussed why she uses it?? Your don't put on an adult bib in public (internet) and not acknowledge it, at least the first time.

Stevia
Informer
Informer

Post by Stevia »

I've heard her mentioning that the bib is to protect her clothes, (yep, her $2 pack of T shirts from Costco), but I'm sure the real reason is that it's a psychological barrier between her and food. It makes eating feel less scary.

Quail
Learner
Learner

Post by Quail »

The bib is the eating version of a weighted blanket. That makes sense. Well in her world.

Cherryboomx2
Talker
Talker

Post by Cherryboomx2 »

It seems as if Dr. Dray has been reading up on herself on here and/or Reddit. After complaints of unsupported scientific claims, she’s finally decided to list her references in the video descriptions.

MoonPieDelight
Learner
Learner

Post by MoonPieDelight »

Has anyone followed her advice? I liked her advice and product suggestions because she seems to prefer drugstore vs. luxury, but after a month of following her recommended regimen, my skin was awful. I broke out in tiny, painful clusters of acne.

Sputnik
Informer
Informer

Post by Sputnik »

MoonPieDelight wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:26 am
Has anyone followed her advice? I liked her advice and product suggestions because she seems to prefer drugstore vs. luxury, but after a month of following her recommended regimen, my skin was awful. I broke out in tiny, painful clusters of acne.
Did you use the Cerave moisturizer? I've read that some people might be allergic to the fatty alcohols in it.

Post by Guest »

MoonPieDelight wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:26 am
I have very dry skin and my skin has benefited greatly from her advice, esp. applying moisturizer to wet skin and keeping my body lotion in the shower. My skincare is extremely simple though and I do not change things up. I just use the Cerave hydrating cleanser (PM only), the Cerave Renewing Night Cream, and a Cerave sunscreen. I really do not deviate based on whatever she is using at any given time.

Post by Guest »

I hadn’t watched her in a long time, so I finally saw the bib and it’s pretty tragic. I’ve only seen those on residents at my grandmother’s facility for Alzheimer’s patients.

That’s an alarming sign of the disorder becoming more entrenched:

“Subtle Signs of an Eating Disorder

1. Using only particular utensils or plates to eat.

2. Using eating paraphernalia intended for children (e.g., children's plates or trays that have portion dividers, or eating while wearing a child's bib)...”

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... -signs?amp

Weird Vagina
Sparkling Unicorn
Sparkling Unicorn

Post by Weird Vagina »

Return to “Dr. Dray”