Elle Florence - Sleepless in Seatt-Elle and the Quest for Mr Next (Part 10)

stubbssie
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: Elle Florence - Sleepless in Seatt-Elle and the Quest for Mr Next (Part 10)

Post by stubbssie »

You could say, she's really traded Joes here.

sweaterfolder
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0

Post by sweaterfolder »

So much of that produce (“praw-duce”) is going to end up uneaten, including that asinine idea to display her squash instead of buying flowers. Like everything she does, there was little thought put into the shopping. It is a mish-mash of items including creme freche for no reason. And she kept mentioning salads but only got one bitty bag of arugula.

And where is this mythical Trader Joe’s where the staff allegedly has time to recommend their favorite items? Every one I have been to is always filled with shoppers and the employees are just trying to control the chaos and keep the shelves stocked. How can she claim they were recommending items - as if she just arrived on Planet Earth and knows nothing of food markets - yet she also showed us things like the ciabatta bread and said she “always” gets it at TJs. Pick a back-story and stick with it.

Anyone notice her voice is oddly low at points. Like Paris Hilton’s natural speaking voice. Does vlog-style mean ‘fake a “serious journalist” voice’?

drewberry_moore
Debater
Debater

Post by drewberry_moore »

She said in regards to Florida tomato soup (from one of her deleted vids) "I didn't like it but I put on a brave face." That's been the theme for the last 6 months of her life. It's OK to say when things aren't alright. Not everything has to be "serendipitous" and perfect. This is fake it til you make it gone way too far.

Also her hair looks limp and I wish she'd get a haircut.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

notsoposh
Debater
Debater

Post by notsoposh »

Is it normal to buy this quantity of food for a single person? Most of it is fresh produce and things that have a short shelf-life. My husband and I shop for the week, but the amount that she shopped, seems like what we would get for 2 weeks.

Ccc123000
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Ccc123000 »

I don’t mind Trader Joe’s Elle or Cooking Elle as much as I usually do. Her phlegmy voice still gets to me, though. And why does she look alarmingly thin and haggard despite all the carbs she claims to be eating? Something is not right.

goober01
Talker
Talker

Post by goober01 »

Elle— this video was so boring. Worse than your “buck” reviews!

Also, go get a haircut, maybe some color? and vlog it.

Oh and don’t mention your pearls in the next video.

no_strings
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by no_strings »

How much do we want to take bets on how fast she'll hook the next sucker? I say a month.

It's kind of funny, but plastic surgery is the only thing getting her dates :rofl: Let's see the Eleanor circa that university video go through men like herpes through an orgy.
Gurus are like that friend/partner/family member that you constantly walk on eggshells around, because they get offended at the drop of a hat. The ones you blink at funny and they never speak to you again :tu:

sheepsmeadow
Learner
Learner

Post by sheepsmeadow »

Those necklaces she was wearing in her latest video are cheap looking. The awkward length especially gets to me — she looks like she’s playing dress up. The fact that her fans buy them doesn’t speak so well of their taste and style, even if they are older women. I wonder how many orders she’s gotten — she certainly likes to make it sound like it’s a lot. Is that what is funding her prolonged AirBnB stay and ridiculous grocery haul that is bound to spoil before she can eat it all?

Post by Guest »

sheepsmeadow wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:37 am
Is it just me, or is that a lot of groceries for just one person? Even if she had no food at home to begin with, it seems like a lot to buy all at once.
Lol, that’s a lot of food for one person! My guess is she’s planning to “entertain” a guest or two. :lol:

As usual, she got carried away with shopping and since she has the Airbnb for a month I guess she figured why not? She also needs content for her channel so I predict that she’ll be “vlogging” herself cooking. :roll:

Unless she’s doing a lot of entertaining, I’m sure a lot of leftovers either gets put in the freezer or thrown out.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:12 pm
Seattle has such good food and she plans on just being at home making salads? Looks like she's in downtown and steps away from amazing restaurants and somehow she's busy when she's unemployed.
“You stay away from Din Tai Fung!!” Is what popped in my head when she said she’d been there. 😂

I predict she’ll say something about dating by the months end.

Italwyzendz
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Italwyzendz »

drewberry_moore wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:24 pm
She said in regards to Florida tomato soup (from one of her deleted vids) "I didn't like it but I put on a brave face." That's been the theme for the last 6 months of her life. It's OK to say when things aren't alright. Not everything has to be "serendipitous" and perfect. This is fake it til you make it gone way too far.

Also her hair looks limp and I wish she'd get a haircut.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
Dude her hair looks so lifeless right now but she's determined to keep it long, probably for her dates.

RubyGT
Talker
Talker

Post by RubyGT »

This was so unfortunate. There sirens, the limp hair, gaunt face, and all that good. I am starting this feel very sorry for her. I know what it's like like when things don't go according to plan, but damn girl. Go talk to someone.

RubyGT
Talker
Talker

Post by RubyGT »

*food. All that food she bought. It was odd.

Post by Guest »

I only watched 5 min of her TJ haul, it was super boring and cringy. She seemed down as she was talking and fake smiling. Regarding the amount of food, I think she bought it because she wanted to have something to post on yt. Same with that ‘capsule’ haul in Hawaii, needed the shopping high but also something to post and show off on yt. Since she doesn’t have much of a social life right now (nor before), yt is her escape valve and where she gets her validation from. The woman is crying for attention and looking in all the wrong places: men, online, at the mall. :? She mentioned going to a restaurant with her friends, I wonder if they’re real or imaginary? She needs therapy desperately. :toad:

Post by Guest »

Miss Rose wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:21 pm
She mentioned going to a restaurant with her friends, I wonder if they’re real or imaginary?
She made that up. She has never been to Seattle before, seems unlikely that she'd have multiple friends there to hang out with. Even in Vancouver her "friends" were The Dolls and they always had a weird vibe with each other, more like sorority sisters who are all jealous of each other than actual friends.

It's sad she doesn't have someone to just drink wine and talk about life with. She clearly needs someone like that in her life, especially with all the turbulence the last year has brought.

She's followed some random male Vancouver mortgage broker on Instagram. Is this a Tinder match moment? Also following racist "comedian" Girl With No Job. Fuck off with that nonsense, Elle.

PrePackingPrep
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PrePackingPrep »

The date that she and Rick were supposed to be getting married will be coming up in the spring. I'm sure she will push herself to be dating by then, regardless of the other things in her life she should be focusing on.
I think Elle would love to lose herself in a relationship again. But I don't think anyone would date her at this point. Certainly men in the same league as Chris and Rick would not entertain the idea. She is exuding sadness. Even in her thumbnails she looks lost. I think most people would pick up on that.
There is no way she gets enough orders to keep her as busy as she is pretending to be. Hopefully she is using some of her time to find an apartment. Her mother is clearly helping her at this point. There's no sense in staying at an Airbnb when she could just put that money towards an apartment.

triskelos
Learner
Learner

Post by triskelos »

It's so weird that when she is clearly feeling super sad and lost, her immediate reaction is doing something braggy content in order to show up and talk down to her audience. How deep are her insecurities? Why do you need to teach people who clearly know how to do their groceries to, well, do their groceries?
Her acting is also getting so bad. I think something else might have happened. Maybe, she got rejected after that interview in Vancouver?

Post by Guest »

Elle should really stay single for at least 6 months (personally I’d do a year if I were her), but we all know she is probably going on dates as we speak. This girl NEVER changes or learns.

Just like a year and a half ago when Joe dumped her, her attempts to make creative content are half assed at best. Hauls, really? I would bank we will see her trying to socialize with friends for a little bit until she finds another man she can “wax lyrical” about and claim that he’s her soulmate and how their meeting was meant to be. Again, just copying what she did after she broke up with Joe.

A therapist would do her good but she won’t do it. She’s the type who would claim she’s just a little sad but will get better after a month or so. Or the type who thinks she can “self-help” herself by reading books on psychology and happiness. She would never admit there is something wrong because that’s admitting to being “weak” and “crazy”. Honestly, Elle, a therapist would be the most sane thing you’d do for yourself.

You know what would be good content? Being authentic. Telling your audience you’re seeing a therapist, not a MAN. Actually doing activities that are fun instead of mindless hauls or stringing a bunch of shitty gemstones. Her attempts to show places to eat in Hawaii and Granville were ok but still lacking.

Post by Guest »

Btw, Elle, we all knew Rick was a controlling, creepy guy from the get-go but you still uprooted your life just to be with him. The more you keep pushing yourself to meet “the love of your life” without taking any time to self-reflect and see what’s wrong with YOU, the more “Ricks” you’ll keep encountering. Just sayin’!!!

no_strings
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by no_strings »

Katrina_AK_0099 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:15 pm
Miss Rose wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:21 pm
She mentioned going to a restaurant with her friends, I wonder if they’re real or imaginary?
She made that up. She has never been to Seattle before, seems unlikely that she'd have multiple friends there to hang out with. Even in Vancouver her "friends" were The Dolls and they always had a weird vibe with each other, more like sorority sisters who are all jealous of each other than actual friends.

It's sad she doesn't have someone to just drink wine and talk about life with. She clearly needs someone like that in her life, especially with all the turbulence the last year has brought.

She's followed some random male Vancouver mortgage broker on Instagram. Is this a Tinder match moment? Also following racist "comedian" Girl With No Job. Fuck off with that nonsense, Elle.
Oh she has someone to drink wine and talk about life with... It's her mom. I'm all for being close with your parent(s), but their relationship has helped to make all her other ones unhealthy. She's clearly looking for a parent in a significant other.
Gurus are like that friend/partner/family member that you constantly walk on eggshells around, because they get offended at the drop of a hat. The ones you blink at funny and they never speak to you again :tu:

Return to “Elle Florence”