Elle Florence — From Drybar Extraordinaire To Washing Her Own Hair (Part 5)

Re: Elle Florence — From Drybar Extraordinaire To Washing Her Own Hair (Part 5)

Post by Guest »

MUALover wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:10 pm
This girl is getting so desperate. She has a lot going for her - nice side gigs, she's pretty and she's from a rich family. She's decently educated. Yet she's floundering in life. This girl is so so desperate with men she can't be single for 6 months. How many BFs have she had since Youtube? Like 4...It's pathetic how low she's getting. She got dumped by 2 live-in BFs. I'd wish she would get a backbone and figure out WHY her relationships never worked out instead of demeaning herself more and more.
In her mind she probably thinks being able to move on quickly proves she’s emotionally resilient. However we all know that it’s the complete opposite.

As a poster mentioned a page back, I totally believe she saw Legally Blonde as a kid and started going by Elle. She’s also mentioned the Princess Diaries and I’m sure she also emulated Anne Hathaway’s character too. As she does with boyfriends I bet she morphed herself into this brunette Elle Woods hybrid.

Akent_2016
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Akent_2016 »

Don't forget the droopy eyes. No wonder she uses a ton of make up on top of all the jobs she has done.
Guest wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:41 pm
A video from 7 years ago. Her chin and teeth are so fucked up.

TungstenKween

Post by TungstenKween »

MUALover wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:24 pm
Elle's videos were way more enjoyable back 6-7 years ago. She wasn't so desperate and she purchased bags from Rebecca Minkoff and Michael Kors and Coach. She had a normal-ish lifestyle. If she respected herself more perhaps all those men wouldn't have dumped her.
Agree 100% with you. She was so much more... normal and down to earth a few years ago. I initially started watching Elle because she had videos on being a young woman in the workplace and balancing a career and a personal life. Plus the makeup tutorials were OK and she had some good fashion finds -- she used to shop like a normal person at stores most of us can afford. She was relatable and that is rare in a YouTuber.

I feel like things went downhill, for me as a viewer, when she moved in with Joe. She became so much more of a snob! Suddenly she was spending $120 on a candle and only shopping at Nordstrom. Then there were the debacles with her dirty, stretched-out used clothing that she charged too much for and her rampant deleting of comments. That, plus her obsession with being a giggly little girl around Joe, turned me off. Then the pearls and scarves started being featured in every video, and I was done.

She had a chance after Joe dumped her to really bring a new dimension to her channel. It's too bad she didn't change things up, especially considering the creator conference she went to have her "so many good ideas".

Post by Guest »

I don’t think the giggly little girl act is going away anytime soon considering her boyfriend is older than she is. :roll:

I knew she’d have to go older eventually. With the way she acts around men and her romantic relationships, there is no way a guy her age or younger would take her seriously. Not knocking older guys because I’ve dated a few but if she wants to be a kept woman and Stepford wife she’s more likely to find that with an older guy.

I do agree that she was much more likable and personable eons ago. I started watching her much later, but I’ve seen the older videos. I’d be less hard on her if she wasn’t such an insufferable snob and liar.

pussinboots
Talker
Talker

Post by pussinboots »

Question about new boyfriend: is he really that much older considering that they went to a summer law program together? Shouldn't he be only 3-4 years assuming there was no break in his education/went to law school directly after getting his bachelors?

Akent_2016
Informer
Informer

Post by Akent_2016 »

We don't know. We just know he looks old, just like his gf.
pussinboots wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:06 am
Question about new boyfriend: is he really that much older considering that they went to a summer law program together? Shouldn't he be only 3-4 years assuming there was no break in his education/went to law school directly after getting his bachelors?

mininaz
Learner
Learner

Post by mininaz »

Guest wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:39 am
Guys I did a little digging. First of all, Miller isn't his real last name. Not sure why he changed it, but his parents are v average. Not that average is a bad thing, but his dad used to be a State farm agent and his mom was a high school teacher in a v v v small town. I doubt they have a vacation house like Joe's parents did and that Katie Mortimer Instagram girl I mentioned before? She's Rick's sister.
Love the sleuthing!

Post by Guest »

I figured he was inching close to 40, which means this relationship could result in a quick engagement if he’s ready to settle down and is desperate also.

Just a side note, I think we should ease up on getting specific with names and share info a little more cleverly like y’all did w/addresses or send and request pms so we don’t get a warning.

TungstenKween

Post by TungstenKween »

poshspice88 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:01 pm
Just a side note, I think we should ease up on getting specific with names and share info a little more cleverly like y’all did w/addresses or send and request pms so we don’t get a warning.
We don't want to trigger Elle like MyDailySweet was triggered!

Post by Guest »

TungstenKween wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:57 pm
poshspice88 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:01 pm

Oooh tell me, what happened?

TungstenKween

Post by TungstenKween »

poshspice88 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:32 pm
TungstenKween wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:57 pm
She joined Gurugossip, and then commented how she didn't like people revealing "personal information". She reported the thread to a mod, who removed a small detail, and then she quit the site and her profile was scrubbed from existence.

It was so nonsensical, because all of the information was easily accessible and most of it was completely disclosed by her. For example, she was offended that I shared she was attending university for a human resources program, which she hadn't revealed. However, she did reveal she was attending university and she did hint at what the program was in. I didn't name the program or the school, but she was triggered.

Her and Elle both need to get over themselves. No one is asking them to film, the world doesn't need their insights, and so they need to take it down a notch. If you can't handle Gurugossip or people leaving comments on your videos, then get off YouTube. You do not need to do this -- no one is waiting eagerly for your videos.

Akent_2016
Informer
Informer

Post by Akent_2016 »

Birds of a feather....
Maybe she should stop rambling so much if she wants to keep track of how much information she has disclosed herself.

Now, back to Elle, for those of you who think Elle was likable many years ago, let me remind you that she was lying about her job on her first day at work ("all lawyered up", she said about her outfit). She has always been a despicable liar, never likable.
TungstenKween wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:44 pm
poshspice88 wrote:
She joined Gurugossip, and then commented how she didn't like people revealing "personal information". She reported the thread to a mod, who removed a small detail, and then she quit the site and her profile was scrubbed from existence.

It was so nonsensical, because all of the information was easily accessible and most of it was completely disclosed by her. For example, she was offended that I shared she was attending university for a human resources program, which she hadn't revealed. However, she did reveal she was attending university and she did hint at what the program was in. I didn't name the program or the school, but she was triggered.

Her and Elle both need to get over themselves. No one is asking them to film, the world doesn't need their insights, and so they need to take it down a notch. If you can't handle Gurugossip or people leaving comments on your videos, then get off YouTube. You do not need to do this -- no one is waiting eagerly for your videos.

Post by Guest »

TungstenKween wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:44 pm
poshspice88 wrote:

Oh no, such a Special Snowflake, she comes across like she would be a really whiny person. I don’t like her content at all and couldn’t tolerate her voice so I never got into My Daily Sweet. I’m sure she and Elle bond over “ the hate” along with everything else they have in common.

theone
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by theone »

I am just floored at how much freaking money she spends shopping. I bet she doesn't donate money to any cause but herself. shallow shallow shallow

Coconut_kutty
Learner
Learner

Post by Coconut_kutty »

She’s definitely spending money, and as she said has exciting plans for this summer, so will be buying even more stuff :o

She’s keeping her viewers on their toes. No video yet talking about the boyfriend !

mininaz
Learner
Learner

Post by mininaz »

theone wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:46 am
I am just floored at how much freaking money she spends shopping. I bet she doesn't donate money to any cause but herself. shallow shallow shallow
she did "stick out [her] tired derrière" so her $35/class barre studio would donate money to charity. :rofl:

sineadthebear07
Talker
Talker

Post by sineadthebear07 »

mininaz wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:13 am
theone wrote:
she did "stick out [her] tired derrière" so her $35/class barre studio would donate money to charity. :rofl:
I'm more floored by how much holidays she gets, is this normal in Canada? I know here in Europe 20 annual leave days is the norm

Coconut_kutty
Learner
Learner

Post by Coconut_kutty »

mininaz wrote:
theone wrote:
True that :D

mininaz
Learner
Learner

Post by mininaz »

sineadthebear07 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:15 am
mininaz wrote:
theone wrote:
I'm more floored by how much holidays she gets, is this normal in Canada? I know here in Europe 20 annual leave days is the norm
In Ontario (another Canadian province) its 10. It may be possible she requests to "work from home" when she flies off to Hawaii.

DogMom1990
Talker
Talker

Post by DogMom1990 »

sineadthebear07 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:15 am
mininaz wrote:
theone wrote:
She is lucky because she works for a government agency. Any government employers has significantly better conditions that people in the private sector.

Return to “Elle Florence”