Elle Florence Part 2

Harper5
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Elle Florence Part 2

Post by Harper5 »

Continuing from the first thread I saw some members were losing their posts. Maybe we can keep the discussion here and a mod can add or edit whatever needs to be done :)

pussinboots
Talker
Talker

Re: Elle Florence Part 2

Post by pussinboots »

Completely ridiculous but wouldn't it be funny if Joe, who's a corporate lawyer whose practice includes securities regulation, originally dated Elle who's an investigator in a securities regulatory body as some whacked out corporate espionage plan? Or if in the future Joe represents someone who the regulatory body is investigating? Her life is great Lifetime movie material :corn:

Akent_2016
Informer
Informer

Post by Akent_2016 »

Her LinkedIn profile disappeared completely, it seems, not just set private.

Harper5
Talker
Talker

Post by Harper5 »

Akent_2016 wrote:Her LinkedIn profile disappeared completely, it seems, not just set private.
Perhaps she blocked you? I can see her linkedin.

loopy
Learner
Learner

Post by loopy »

Posted on the old thread before realising there's a new one:

spankcat wrote:
Offtopic: On a side note, I'm dealing with a situation similar to Joe's. I am thinking about breaking up with my long-term boyfriend that I am living with. (Our place is family-owned, so he won't be stuck with rent.) These past few months, I realized we are not compatible. We had a few arguments where I told him my thoughts and he blatantly told me he was not going to change. So, I've stopped trying to change him. We haven't been fighting lately, but I know he is not the person I want to spend the rest of my life with.

What is the proper way to break up? I am moving for an internship this summer, so I was thinking of doing it a few days before I head off. He may be caught off-guard since we have not been arguing. He is so sweet to me and he truly loves me. I care for him, so I want to break up respectfully. Is there a better way than what Joe did? Please PM me if you have any ideas.

Sorry if this is so off-topic, but I figured you guys would have some perspective since many of you had strong feelings about how Joe broke off the relationship. I waited until the end of this thread, so it wouldn't be too distracting, but a mod can delete this post if necessary.

Off-topic reply also, but related to the Elle and Joe break-up. I think part of what's so hurtful and unfair about how Joe broke up with Elle (from what we know of it) is that he was apparently unhappy and thinking about leaving for quite some time, yet let her go on believing everything was fine. If you know you don't want to be with someone, you should end things as soon as you reasonably can. It's natural to want to find the "right" time, but I don't think you're doing someone any favours by dragging things out instead of letting them move on.

Champagne4Breakfast
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Champagne4Breakfast »

pussinboots
Talker
Talker

Post by pussinboots »

Aha! This whole situation reminds me of Taylor Swift writing about her exes. Revenge is sweet (and entertaining)

Post by Guest »

Following :tu:

penelope90
Debater
Debater

Post by penelope90 »

If she deleted or edited her linkedin profile viewing preferences then she must be reading on here.... I don't think there's been renewed interest about her job in the recent comments of her videos? But we revisited that topic here

maryberry
Learner
Learner

Post by maryberry »

Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Auntie_Tatiana

Post by Auntie_Tatiana »

She hasn't deleted her LinkedIn. Some people are probably googling certain terms and coming up with a link to her old profile, which doesn't work. If you go to LinkedIn and simply type her name into the search function, it pops up.

I'm not sure if Elle reads her, but she has certainly been doing well with the breakup video. Nearly 50,000 views - a windfall for Elle. She has addressed the lawyer lies in the comments of one of her videos, but she hasn't fooled anyone.

She is not employed as a lawyer, simple as that. So many #girlboss lies
penelope90 wrote:If she deleted or edited her linkedin profile viewing preferences then she must be reading on here.... I don't think there's been renewed interest about her job in the recent comments of her videos? But we revisited that topic here

Post by Guest »

following :corn:

Post by Guest »

It’s possible she noticed that her LinkedIn profile has been getting a lot of views so she may have changed the privacy settings? I dunno, I never bothered to look up her Linkedin. I don’t even use it but I know every time you log in it tells you how many people looked at your profile, even if you can’t see who specifically.

I think you’d have to be a pretty blind, gullible fan of Elle to not know her actual occupation. People talk trash about her on other message boards and have basically said the same things that are being said here. It is easy to look that up with a simple google search.

With all those views on her vids she can probably treat herself to a nice Chanel bag to ease the breakup blues. 8-)

pussinboots
Talker
Talker

Post by pussinboots »

The thing is, Elle is better than Russian bots at stirring confusion. I mean, even @Koalah and @Nabzella who claims to be a lawyer still wouldn't believe it after Elle's actual job was thoroughly explained to them.

Before @Akent's big break, I'd always wonder why her work day was so stress-free and why she bothers to adjunct. I'd assumed she worked in some lower-paying in-house counsel job, maybe for a non-profit or something "easy" so she she can have some work-life balance. I'm not the smartest person in the room, but I'm OK but I was fooled. Generally speaking, most people assume most people are normal non-pathological liars. Also, anonymous internet gossip boards don't have the reputation of being the most trustworthy information source btw.

pussinboots
Talker
Talker

Post by pussinboots »

I think her pearl business is dumb. Because she's a one-woman operation making handmade jewelry she can't scale the business so in the long run, she'll approach a ceiling that limits her profitability. Also they're ugly dull off-round nearly baroque and that's already the model products. Sure the materials (ugly, dull, sooo off-round freshwater pearls) are cheap, like $1-3 per 12" strand wholesale, but it's so labor intensive to knot each pearl, but the labor doesn't add a lot of value to the finish product. Elle herself knows this because if I recall correctly she hiked up the prices without making an improvement to her products citing (her) labor costs.

Also, her pearl designs are easily replicable, anyone can get these pearls off of eBay or etsy. There's no USP to them. The only reason she's able to sell them is because of goodwill among her viewers and friends. So if she wants to keep her pearl business afloat unlike what happened to Precious Raksha I suggest she takes care of her customers and turn them into repeat clients. The product is mediocre but make sure it doesn't actually break down and if they do deliver excellent customer service and offer to replace or fix the product free of charge. (Like to the 2/3 posters who complained about their purchases)

Next, engage your customers. While there are some customers who are, ahem, enthusiastic enough to make whole ~10 min videos praising her necklaces, not everyone, ahem, has the time to make a whole video about them, but a lot do have the time to snap a picture and post on IG with a caption. Start a tag that your customers can join in on. They already supported Elle with their hard cash, they will definitely support her with their social media influence. In that way, after the transaction they will still identify with the brand, publicly at that, and build loyalty for when the new release drops. to be maybe continued...
Last edited by pussinboots on Thu May 03, 2018 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

graylights
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by graylights »

I think it's best explained in comparison to Ken Jeong. He went to med school, is a licensed MD, but is currently an actor and comedian. You wouldn't say "Ken Jeong the doctor", you would say "Ken Jeong the actor" because that's what he is currently employed as. Elle referring to herself as a lawyer is false advertisement. Ken Jeong does not introduce himself as a doctor because he's not currently practicing as one, even though he has all the degrees and licensures to say he is.

McShade009
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by McShade009 »

graylights wrote:I think it's best explained in comparison to Ken Jeong. He went to med school, is a licensed MD, but is currently an actor and comedian. You wouldn't say "Ken Jeong the doctor", you would say "Ken Jeong the actor" because that's what he is currently employed as. Elle referring to herself as a lawyer is false advertisement. Ken Jeong does not introduce himself as a doctor because he's not currently practicing as one, even though he has all the degrees and licensures to say he is.
Well not only that but in the links that I previously posted, she specifically said that she was currently employed as in-house counsel. I mean that is beyond misleading - it is a flat out lie. And in that legally brunette interview she talks about working as an attorney and doing other things on the side. I was confused at first because it didn't make sense how somebody could lie so openly when there is so much proof posted online that she was investigator during the time that she claimed to be in-house counsel (attorney). But now I am convinced that she will just say anything to make her look a certain way (professional "boss" woman) if she thinks that most of her views who are not familiar with the legal field, will just take her at her word. Crazy!

Akent_2016
Informer
Informer

Post by Akent_2016 »

For the record, I wasn't the one who had the big break. I forgot the user's name, but there was another user who first looked up Elle's LinkedIn profile and checked the credentials of other investigators at MFDA, and noticed that none of them except Elle had a law degree. Later I ran into the MFDA document that lists Elle as an investigator while listing another person as its counsel. I think other people also chimed in later with more bits of information (e.g., how her faculty profile or LinkedIn profile doesn't list in-house counsel as her credential). As far as I know, this website was the first one to call her out, though.
pussinboots wrote:The thing is, Elle is better than Russian bots at stirring confusion. I mean, even @Koalah and @Nabzella who claims to be a lawyer still wouldn't believe it after Elle's actual job was thoroughly explained to them.

Before @Akent's big break, I'd always wonder why her work day was so stress-free and why she bothers to adjunct. I'd assumed she worked in some lower-paying in-house counsel job, maybe for a non-profit or something "easy" so she she can have some work-life balance. I'm not the smartest person in the room, but I'm OK but I was fooled. Generally speaking, most people assume most people are normal non-pathological liars. Also, anonymous internet gossip boards don't have the reputation of being the most trustworthy information source btw.

Akent_2016
Informer
Informer

Post by Akent_2016 »

Maybe she is the in-house counsel for that nouvelle pearl business of hers. Owner, designer, and in-house counsel all at once. Some boss-girl, that is. LOL
McShade009 wrote:
graylights wrote:I think it's best explained in comparison to Ken Jeong. He went to med school, is a licensed MD, but is currently an actor and comedian. You wouldn't say "Ken Jeong the doctor", you would say "Ken Jeong the actor" because that's what he is currently employed as. Elle referring to herself as a lawyer is false advertisement. Ken Jeong does not introduce himself as a doctor because he's not currently practicing as one, even though he has all the degrees and licensures to say he is.
Well not only that but in the links that I previously posted, she specifically said that she was currently employed as in-house counsel. I mean that is beyond misleading - it is a flat out lie. And in that legally brunette interview she talks about working as an attorney and doing other things on the side. I was confused at first because it didn't make sense how somebody could lie so openly when there is so much proof posted online that she was investigator during the time that she claimed to be in-house counsel (attorney). But now I am convinced that she will just say anything to make her look a certain way (professional "boss" woman) if she thinks that most of her views who are not familiar with the legal field, will just take her at her word. Crazy!

pussinboots
Talker
Talker

Post by pussinboots »

Excuse you, she's not a jewelry designer, she's a "jewellery definer" :bhd:
ElleFlorenceHerCampusSFU_grande.jpg
What can I say, she's very fastidious about representing herself accurately!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Elle Florence”