Elle Florence

Harper5
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Elle Florence

Post by Harper5 »

Akent_2016 wrote:I don't know what her husband's dominant language is, but if it is not English, why would he want a spouse who speaks good English as long as she is fluent in their common, dominant language?
danitay wrote:I guess it would depend on the person. I would prefer a partner with a strong command of English (even though my parents were immigrants), but that's just me.
Akent_2016 wrote:Don't know that vlogger, but why is poor English an issue? Is that vlogger a native speaker of a language other than English? If so, she is already fluent in that language. Why should she speak good English as long as she speaks it well enough to be understood by her viewers and her friends and family (it's possible that they all speak her mother tongue too)?
danitay wrote:Surprised to learn about the breakup. I find Elle annoying and grating for many reasons, but I still think that objectively speaking, she's a decent catch--good job/income, well educated, pretty, reasonably well adjusted. Don't really get it. :scratch: At the other end of the spectrum, you have luxury youtubers like lvlovercc who doesn't work at all, is even more of a shopaholic than Elle, can't even speak good English, yet has a doctor husband who apparently is totally happy with everything. Relationships are so unpredictable sometimes.
I totally agree about the language. I don't watch that woman but just saw her Q & A. She was born in Korea and left when she was 24/25. It's actually much harder to learn a new language and pronunciation correctly as we get older. English is my second language and although I am a fluent English speaker and learned it as a child, there are some words I will occasionally mispronounce. I have to say though, there are plenty of native English speakers who not only have horrible grammar but aren't well versed in the English language. Thereby, I don't judge people who moved to an English speaking country as an adult given plenty of people born in that country can hardly hold a conversation.

Sofatsolazy
Debater
Debater

Post by Sofatsolazy »

Harper5 wrote:
Akent_2016 wrote:I don't know what her husband's dominant language is, but if it is not English, why would he want a spouse who speaks good English as long as she is fluent in their common, dominant language?
danitay wrote:I guess it would depend on the person. I would prefer a partner with a strong command of English (even though my parents were immigrants), but that's just me.
Akent_2016 wrote:Don't know that vlogger, but why is poor English an issue? Is that vlogger a native speaker of a language other than English? If so, she is already fluent in that language. Why should she speak good English as long as she speaks it well enough to be understood by her viewers and her friends and family (it's possible that they all speak her mother tongue too)?
danitay wrote:Surprised to learn about the breakup. I find Elle annoying and grating for many reasons, but I still think that objectively speaking, she's a decent catch--good job/income, well educated, pretty, reasonably well adjusted. Don't really get it. :scratch: At the other end of the spectrum, you have luxury youtubers like lvlovercc who doesn't work at all, is even more of a shopaholic than Elle, can't even speak good English, yet has a doctor husband who apparently is totally happy with everything. Relationships are so unpredictable sometimes.
I totally agree about the language. I don't watch that woman but just saw her Q & A. She was born in Korea and left when she was 24/25. It's actually much harder to learn a new language and pronunciation correctly as we get older. English is my second language and although I am a fluent English speaker and learned it as a child, there are some words I will occasionally mispronounce. I have to say though, there are plenty of native English speakers who not only have horrible grammar but aren't well versed in the English language. Thereby, I don't judge people who moved to an English speaking country as an adult given plenty of people born in that country can hardly hold a conversation.
100% agree! I was always taught never make fun of someone who speaks with an accent ... it means they speak more than one language.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pussinboots
Talker
Talker

Post by pussinboots »

Re: LVloverCC she was born and raised in Korea and came to the States in her twenties. Are you seriously expecting her to be native-level fluent in English? No.

The thing about working as a lawyer vs licensed as a lawyer is that Elle is deliberately (and maybe even maliciously) confusing her viewers what her job is, not what her qualifications and licensing are. Yes she is qualified and licensed as a lawyer, but question is what's her job. Answer: she works as an investigator. (Think Kalinda and Jason from The Good Wife.) Is that the same thing as being a lawyer? No. Do you need to be a lawyer to be in investigator? No. What's your job title? Investigator. I hope that clears this issue up once and for all.

I remember when Akent figured out that Elle wasn't a practicing lawyer. You really seemed hurt and angry. Before that, believe me girls, Akent was fawning over Elle. Check out the rave thread, her comments are still there. But listen, this is an anonymous internet message board. If you want to out Elle do it in a more credible forum. We're here for the gossip and fun, no one here's gonna call the Law Society on her and get her disbarred, so stop wasting your keystrokes.

Does anyone have a hunch when Joe decided to end the relationship? He could realistically have been planning it as early as February/March considering the lease was up for renewal early April. That's my bet.

Post by Guest »

stubbssie wrote:
Harper5 wrote:
McShade009 wrote:
Harper5 wrote:It takes two people to make or break a relationship (usually). Elle lives in her own world and as such sees only things that affect her or that become problematic to her, that alone can cause resentment and frustration for the other person. The truth is we know very little about Joe, and a lot it speculation based on what has been presented to us on YT. I personally never saw him as someone that was overly eager to be around Elle, and it could be due to his reserved mannerisms on camera. Many people do not enjoy being filmed. However, I don't think that is the only reason why this relationship has not worked out.

I personally found the shipment of "mount Elle" to their Scottsdale location odd (so she could save on shipping) and in bad taste. Another weird thing was when she did her makeup in their kitchen whilst they sat around chatting as she chimed in to stay relevant in the conversation. Why couldn't she do her makeup in the bathroom or the bedroom?
Joe may not be a senior associate or partner, but clearly his career means something to him. Obviously he did not want to be plastered on YouTube with a ditzy girlfriend who is selling craft store jewelry and scarves (which she up-marks ridiculously and DID NOT CREATE/DESIGN AS SHE CLAIMS) whilst also sporting a major shopping addiction.
We aren't privy to their financial situation, but based on her purchases know she isn't hurting for cash. Joe's a renter in Vancouver, where condo and house prices are quite high, and here he was renting a place that was 90% all about Elle. Why invest more time in a relationship that is not fulfilling? He'd be better off with someone that is less materialistic and does not want to publicize their life.

I've already said breakups suck big time, but I have a feeling Elle is the type to negotiate and try and "work" on things just so she does not have to be single. She wants to keep a certain lifestyle and present a certain image.

How do we know they did not have a disagreement or a fight on Thursday morning? We only have Elle's point of view, and I certainly don't believe the things she says because she has been known to display things in a false light. I just think this wasn't out of the blue. I suspect things were happening in the background and his unhappiness at least was clear in the videos.
What vlog was this where she went to his parents? I skip some of her vlogs because she is too annoying, and I can't relate.
<a class="vglnk" href="" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>youtube</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>watch</span><span>?</span><span>v</span><span>=</span><span>akyC</span><span>-</span><span>qu</span><span>-</span><span>ucM</span></a>

There you go. It's around the 41-42 min mark.
Ermagherd that was painful. I had to turn it off when she started doing her makeup. The mount nordstrom was so embarassing, and Joe is not only disinterested in her throughout the vlog, at times he's snarky. I can see why she wouldn't have realized he doesn't want to be on camera - at times he's directing her and participating in the vlog, at other times he seems annoyed by it. He doesn't seem like a major catch himself. In this video they come off like boring snobs... especially embarrassing was the part when they were drinking wine and bragging about their nexus passes. :?
I know you didn’t intend to say this for comedic effect, but this made me laugh so hard. :rofl: Only because it sounds so typical. ;)

As for when Joe decided to dump Elle, I think it was a lot sooner than that. I still stick with December/January. Tennis bracelet, no ring. He probably took his time because he was stuck with the lease and maybe he was hoping that Elle would redeem herself in time. Obviously she didn’t improve and by the time April came along, he was probably disengaged with her at that point to tell the landlord not to renew the year lease.

penelope90
Debater
Debater

Post by penelope90 »

I've never had an issue with her job title vs Elle calling herself a lawyer because I just assume that when she was applying for that position, a law degree was preferred background for potential candidates.

A lot of investigators went to law school or practiced in the field before shifting gears so it's not a huge issue for me personally. It's just kinda meh to me.

Joe already changed his facebook profile picture to one without Elle so that was quick... Granted it's on old photo and he didn't delete the one with her in it but man, little changes like that are always a punch in the gut when you're already feeling vulnerable.

McShade009
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by McShade009 »

So I am a little confused, since when has Elle been an investigator? On this video (published 4/2017) at around 6:43 she says that her job is a lawyer doing securities regulation working in-house . And on this interview she also said that she is a practicing lawyer and talks about being a lawyer and juggling her other "jobs/hobbies" and starting the jewlery line: https://appfluence.com/productivity/leg ... -florence/ dated 8/2016

Was she lying then too?

Edit: But then based on this document dated 10/2016 it has her listed as an investigator for the same company that she claimed to be in-house counsel for: http://mfda.ca/reasons-for-decision/reasons201637/

McShade009
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by McShade009 »

Sorry one more thing. I am so confused about this and don't understand why she would lie in such a public platform, even to that event. So on this publishing where it talks about her being added as a new instructor, see pg. 63, dated summer of 2016, it also says that she is is an investigator and before that it talks about her being in law school. So when exactly was she ever a practicing attorney or counsel as she claims to have been?
https://www.notaries.bc.ca/resources/sc ... online.pdf

FYI these are all public documents, so I am not outing any private information about her.

koalah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by koalah »

McShade009 wrote:So I am a little confused, since when has Elle been an investigator? On this video (published 4/2017) at around 6:43 she says that her job is a lawyer doing securities regulation working in-house . And on this interview she also said that she is a practicing lawyer and talks about being a lawyer and juggling her other "jobs/hobbies" and starting the jewlery line: https://appfluence.com/productivity/leg ... -florence/ dated 8/2016

Was she lying then too?

Edit: But then based on this document dated 10/2016 it has her listed as an investigator for the same company that she claimed to be in-house counsel for: http://mfda.ca/reasons-for-decision/reasons201637/
It seems pretty straightforward based on this job description of "lawyer securities regulation" (what i googled)

https://study.com/articles/Securities_L ... ments.html

It's not a lie. She has a law degree, masters (found her thesis) and keeps her annual certification.

McShade009
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by McShade009 »

koalah wrote:
McShade009 wrote:So I am a little confused, since when has Elle been an investigator? On this video (published 4/2017) <a class="vglnk" href="" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>youtube</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>watch</span><span>?</span><span>v</span><span>=</span><span>aaq3OIzqy2U</span><span>&</span><span>t</span><span>=</span><span>415s</span></a> at around 6:43 she says that her job is a lawyer doing securities regulation working in-house . And on this interview she also said that she is a practicing lawyer and talks about being a lawyer and juggling her other "jobs/hobbies" and starting the jewlery line: <a class="vglnk" href="https://appfluence.com/productivity/leg ... -florence/" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>appfluence</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>productivity</span><span>/</span><span>legally</span><span>-</span><span>brunette</span><span>-</span><span>interview</span><span>-</span><span>lawyer</span><span>-</span><span>youtuber</span><span>-</span><span>elle</span><span>-</span><span>florence</span><span>/</span></a> dated 8/2016

Was she lying then too?

Edit: But then based on this document dated 10/2016 it has her listed as an investigator for the same company that she claimed to be in-house counsel for: <a class="vglnk" href="http://mfda.ca/reasons-for-decision/reasons201637/[/quote" rel="nofollow"><span>http</span><span>://</span><span>mfda</span><span>.</span><span>ca</span><span>/</span><span>reasons</span><span>-</span><span>for</span><span>-</span><span>decision</span><span>/</span><span>reasons201637</span><span>/[/</span><span>quote</span></a>]

It seems pretty straightforward based on this job description of "lawyer securities regulation" (what i googled)

<a class="vglnk" href="https://study.com/articles/Securities_L ... ments.html" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>study</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>articles</span><span>/</span><span>Securities</span><span>_</span><span>Lawyer</span><span>_</span><span>Job</span><span>_</span><span>Description</span><span>_</span><span>and</span><span>_</span><span>Education</span><span>_</span><span>Requirements</span><span>.</span><span>html</span></a>

It's not a lie. She has a law degree, masters (found her thesis) and keeps her annual certification.
It is not about her certifications. She specifically said that she was currently a securities regulation counsel for the company that she works for. And in that legally brunette interview she talked about being a practicing attorney and how hard it is to juggle everything. But based on the other published articles she is not a practicing attorney, she is an investigator. She is licensed as an attorney but her job is not that of a lawyer.

koalah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by koalah »

McShade009 wrote:It is not about her certifications. She specifically said that she was currently a securities regulation counsel for the company that she works for. And in that legally brunette interview she talked about being a practicing attorney and how hard it is to juggle everything. But based on the other published articles she is not a practicing attorney, she is an investigator. She is licensed as an attorney but her job is not that of a lawyer.
Did you read the link fully? She is a lawyer albeit not a snazzy flashy lawyer like on TV but she is one. I'm not even an Elle fan but this whole lawyer/not lawyer thing is ridiculous.

Edit -
A securities lawyer handles the financial assets of their clients, whether for minor issues or lawsuits. The educational path to become a securities lawyer is parallel to that of all types of lawyers; graduating college and law school, and passing the bar exam to earn licensure. They also take courses in law school that pertain to their specialization.

Securities law is a specialized subdivision of business law. Securities lawyers deal with the law as it relates to the purchase and sale of stocks, bonds and other investments. Securities lawyers have to pass a bar examination to be licensed with the state.

There are three main branches of securities law, regulatory work, transactional work and litigation. Securities lawyers who do regulatory work may help clients deal with issues involving the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulations, the National Association of Securities Dealers, the New York Stock Exchange and other laws that protect the interests of investors. Those who do transactional work deal with the legal issues involved in mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings (IPOs) and mutual funds. Finally, security lawyers who work in litigation handle both civil and criminal lawsuits, and enforcement actions. Securities lawyers may represent companies or investors.
Last edited by koalah on Tue May 01, 2018 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ccc123000
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Ccc123000 »

Watching the memory lane vlogs of her different apartments and moves, it struck me how messy and unclean her closets always look. For someone who repeatedly calls herself a "beauty and fashion guru," it baffles me why she would show her closet with clothes haphazardly placed, shoes in a tacky shoe tree... In the loft video where she was showing their "before" shared closet, all their clothes were strewn about on the shelves and some clothing and bedding pieces were just discarded on the ground!?! And she had A LONE SPORTS BRA just hanging randomly on the second floor banister. LOL.

But what I really wanted to say is, why are some people on here arguing with the posters to defend Elle? Last I checked this is the TRASH thread. She may have a RAVE thread where you might not feel as offended and can sing her praises without anyone batting an eye. Kthanksbye.

McShade009
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by McShade009 »

koalah wrote:
McShade009 wrote:It is not about her certifications. She specifically said that she was currently a securities regulation counsel for the company that she works for. And in that legally brunette interview she talked about being a practicing attorney and how hard it is to juggle everything. But based on the other published articles she is not a practicing attorney, she is an investigator. She is licensed as an attorney but her job is not that of a lawyer.
Did you read the link fully? She is a lawyer albeit not a snazzy flashy lawyer like on TV but she is one. I'm not even an Elle fan but this whole lawyer/not lawyer thing is ridiculous.
I don't think you understand the distinction between being licensed as an attorney and practicing as one. It is not about being a TV lawyer, she claimed in that video and in that interview that she was working as an attorney (in-house counsel = attorney) when in fact she is not, she is an investigator. The article talks about her being a successful lawyer, which she isn't. How can you be a successful lawyer when you haven't practiced law as an attorney???

McShade009
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by McShade009 »

koalah wrote:

Edit -
A securities lawyer handles the financial assets of their clients, whether for minor issues or lawsuits. The educational path to become a securities lawyer is parallel to that of all types of lawyers; graduating college and law school, and passing the bar exam to earn licensure. They also take courses in law school that pertain to their specialization.

Securities law is a specialized subdivision of business law. Securities lawyers deal with the law as it relates to the purchase and sale of stocks, bonds and other investments. Securities lawyers have to pass a bar examination to be licensed with the state.

There are three main branches of securities law, regulatory work, transactional work and litigation. Securities lawyers who do regulatory work may help clients deal with issues involving the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulations, the National Association of Securities Dealers, the New York Stock Exchange and other laws that protect the interests of investors. Those who do transactional work deal with the legal issues involved in mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings (IPOs) and mutual funds. Finally, security lawyers who work in litigation handle both civil and criminal lawsuits, and enforcement actions. Securities lawyers may represent companies or investors.

A fraud investigator is NOT a securities attorney. http://mfda.ca/reasons-for-decision/reasons201637/ In this case Christopher Corsetti was the attorney ( counsel), whereas Elle WAS NOT listed as counsel, she was listed as an investigator and wrote an Affidavit. Attorneys that represent a client do not write affidavit in the case of which they are representing the client. So my point stands - Why is she trying to mislead her viewers, the journalist of that legally brunette article, and that panel that she was invited on?

pussinboots
Talker
Talker

Post by pussinboots »

I thought everyone knew that's why people were diagnosing her with narcissistic personality disorder? So... now that's cleared up (again) is anyone really going to call the bar/law society/whatever to have her disbarred? Or at least call her out in *appropriate forums?* (Because I'll watch, popcorn at the ready)

Harper5
Talker
Talker

Post by Harper5 »

McShade009 wrote:
koalah wrote:
I don't think you understand the distinction between being licensed as an attorney and practicing as one. It is not about being a TV lawyer, she claimed in that video and in that interview that she was working as an attorney (in-house counsel = attorney) when in fact she is not, she is an investigator. The article talks about her being a successful lawyer, which she isn't. How can you be a successful lawyer when you haven't practiced law as an attorney???
This!
:tu:

McShade009
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by McShade009 »

pussinboots wrote:I thought everyone knew that's why people were diagnosing her with narcissistic personality disorder? So... now that's cleared up (again) is anyone really going to call the bar/law society/whatever to have her disbarred? Or at least call her out in *appropriate forums?* (Because I'll watch, popcorn at the ready)
It is just crazy though how she can be such a pathological liar, and how was she able to dupe those girls that invited her to speak on that panel? Didn't they research her before they invited her to speak about how it is to be such a successful attorney and venturing off into other businesses? And for her to just tell everybody that she is in-house counsel? Did she not know that it was going to be filmed? What the hell??????

stubbssie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by stubbssie »

adel220 wrote: I know you didn’t intend to say this for comedic effect, but this made me laugh so hard. :rofl: Only because it sounds so typical. ;)

As for when Joe decided to dump Elle, I think it was a lot sooner than that. I still stick with December/January. Tennis bracelet, no ring. He probably took his time because he was stuck with the lease and maybe he was hoping that Elle would redeem herself in time. Obviously she didn’t improve and by the time April came along, he was probably disengaged with her at that point to tell the landlord not to renew the year lease.
I just can't believe these are real people. It's so easy to make fun of them.

I mean they briefly connected in that moment to herald the virtues of their respective glasses of wine, then they might as well have been sitting at different tables; Elle absorbed with her camera, and Joe absorbed with what? Judging by his vacuous yet hedonistic expression I'd wager silently farting. Each enjoying their own shitty airport wine and looking like the cat that got the cream. These two had/have less chemistry than a Swiss doctor during the Protestant Inquisition.

My advice for Elle would be to immediately quit shopping. Go to the gym. Get some hobbies. Sleep with some really hot but possibly stupid guys. Stop saying French words. Rename her cat. Try having some fun without mentioning merlot, pashminas, cashmere, lavender or nordstrom. Come on Elle!! You can do it!

pussinboots
Talker
Talker

Post by pussinboots »

@McShade Yeah I know, but I also really don't. I'm assuming we're talking about the HerCampus event at SFU? I don't really think highly of HerCampus and anyway isn't it run by student-members? They're just kids I guess. Plus maybe she has private clients on the side. Maybe mom has retained her as her lawyer. Can you do that? Hire your kid as your lawyer? Well one can hope...

@adel - woah no! are you saying tennis bracelet was pre-breakup sorry gift?! That's lush of him. I don't believe it. I just can't. 4 grand to dump someone?! No! no! no! But seriously, there's a problem with your timeline. The lease was up early April. You need at least 30 days notice to end tenancy. They were still living in it last month and Elle said she plans to live there for a few more weeks before moving to her mom's/find a new place. The timeline doesn't add up
Last edited by pussinboots on Tue May 01, 2018 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

McShade009
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by McShade009 »

stubbssie wrote:
adel220 wrote: I know you didn’t intend to say this for comedic effect, but this made me laugh so hard. :rofl: Only because it sounds so typical. ;)

I just can't believe these are real people. It's so easy to make fun of them.

I mean they briefly connected in that moment to herald the virtues of their respective glasses of wine, then they might as well have been sitting at different tables; Elle absorbed with her camera, and Joe absorbed with what? Judging by his vacuous yet hedonistic expression I'd wager silently farting. Each enjoying their own shitty airport wine and looking like the cat that got the cream. These two had/have less chemistry than a Swiss doctor during the Protestant Inquisition.

My advice for Elle would be to immediately quit shopping. Go to the gym. Get some hobbies. Sleep with some really hot but possibly stupid guys. Stop saying French words. Rename her cat. Try having some fun without mentioning merlot, pashminas, cashmere, lavender or nordstrom. Come on Elle!! You can do it!
I don't think she can...she is in too far deep. She doesn't know how to loosen up and be easy going. Heck even in that vlog when she was getting ready to go to Costco with her mom she was dressed like she was going to the office. She just can't relax and be low key.

Auntie_Tatiana

Post by Auntie_Tatiana »

stubbssie wrote:
adel220 wrote:My advice for Elle would be to immediately quit shopping. Go to the gym. Get some hobbies. Sleep with some really hot but possibly stupid guys. Stop saying French words. Rename her cat. Try having some fun without mentioning merlot, pashminas, cashmere, lavender or nordstrom. Come on Elle!! You can do it!
As much as I love your advice, there is no way in hell Elle would do any of that stuff. The girl cannot relax, breathe, take it easy, and just "be". She is always amped. Always on. Always perky. Always filming. Always uptight.

I guarantee right now she is scoping out the Nordstrom website for a luxury handbag to "treat herself" to. Or just ordering a few hundred dollars of knitwear and "classy" old-lady tweed shit.

Return to “Elle Florence”