Elle Florence

McShade009
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Elle Florence

Post by McShade009 »

adel220 wrote:I’ll have to agree with previous poster in that I don’t think Joe reads here. I don’t think he cares that much about social media. As for Elle, I don’t think she reads here either, at least not regularly. She might have in the beginning, but she probably thinks GG is full of jealous haters and doesn’t need to read negativity.

I started watching Elle early 2016, but then stopped when I couldn’t handle her uppity snobbery. I didn’t really watch any of her videos prior to that but I decided to watch them and I thought she was more “normal” than how she portrays herself now. Which is why I changed my stance on her just being extremely insecure instead of narcissistic. I still think she is a mean snob, but it could be because all this YT admiration has got to her head. Sounds about normal for many YouTube “gurus” out there.

Unless Elle says that Joe was cheating on her, I’m not going to assume anything if there is “another woman” involved. I think people are taking his handling of the break up way too personally. What he did sucks, don’t get me wrong, but he could have done much worse. Maybe they’re still “friends” on Facebook because they want to keep things civil. If she really hated him, wouldn’t you think they wouldn’t be Facebook friends?

Lastly, and this is something “nice” about Elle, I do appreciate that she accepted his statement that he was done instead of fighting for him. Too many needy people keep trying to “save” a relationship, much to the frustration and annoyance of the other partner. I am sure she mostly accepted the finality because he was moving anyway, but at least she was grown up about it and accepted his decision.
I think she tried to save. She said in the video that he made it clear that his position on the breakup is not going to change, so what can she even fight about? Plus she is still in shock as she said in the video and it still hasn't sunk in that they broke up forever.

Post by Guest »

McShade009 wrote:
adel220 wrote:I’ll have to agree with previous poster in that I don’t think Joe reads here. I don’t think he cares that much about social media. As for Elle, I don’t think she reads here either, at least not regularly. She might have in the beginning, but she probably thinks GG is full of jealous haters and doesn’t need to read negativity.

I started watching Elle early 2016, but then stopped when I couldn’t handle her uppity snobbery. I didn’t really watch any of her videos prior to that but I decided to watch them and I thought she was more “normal” than how she portrays herself now. Which is why I changed my stance on her just being extremely insecure instead of narcissistic. I still think she is a mean snob, but it could be because all this YT admiration has got to her head. Sounds about normal for many YouTube “gurus” out there.

Unless Elle says that Joe was cheating on her, I’m not going to assume anything if there is “another woman” involved. I think people are taking his handling of the break up way too personally. What he did sucks, don’t get me wrong, but he could have done much worse. Maybe they’re still “friends” on Facebook because they want to keep things civil. If she really hated him, wouldn’t you think they wouldn’t be Facebook friends?

Lastly, and this is something “nice” about Elle, I do appreciate that she accepted his statement that he was done instead of fighting for him. Too many needy people keep trying to “save” a relationship, much to the frustration and annoyance of the other partner. I am sure she mostly accepted the finality because he was moving anyway, but at least she was grown up about it and accepted his decision.
I think she tried to save. She said in the video that he made it clear that his position on the breakup is not going to change, so what can she even fight about? Plus she is still in shock as she said in the video and it still hasn't sunk in that they broke up forever.
I think if she were in denial she would’ve said something along the lines of, “We are going through a rough patch and we’ve decided to not live together for the time being.” Instead she was candid about it and said he was firm and not going to change his mind. She might’ve tried to “save” it last Thursday, but she couldn’t stop him from moving.

I think anyone would be in shock over a break up like that, but I don’t think it has anything to do with denial or holding out hope. I do agree that he used YouTube as a “safe” reason to explain why he thought they weren’t compatible.

Akent_2016
Informer
Informer

Post by Akent_2016 »

She was lying as early as 2012: "I am in my suit, all lawyered up and ready to go."

(watch from 0:27)

This was filmed on her first day at MFDA as an investigator. Prior to this she had only done articling as an articling student. And of course, she has stretched another half-truth about this by saying "I left private practice (i.e., articling position)." Elle, you were a trainee. A trainee stops going to training when the training period is over. A trainee "doesn't leave" anything. It is like a former White House intern who has worked there for 3 months saying, "I left the White House."
McShade009 wrote:So I am a little confused, since when has Elle been an investigator? On this video (published 4/2017) at around 6:43 she says that her job is a lawyer doing securities regulation working in-house . And on this interview she also said that she is a practicing lawyer and talks about being a lawyer and juggling her other "jobs/hobbies" and starting the jewlery line: https://appfluence.com/productivity/leg ... -florence/ dated 8/2016

Was she lying then too?

Edit: But then based on this document dated 10/2016 it has her listed as an investigator for the same company that she claimed to be in-house counsel for: http://mfda.ca/reasons-for-decision/reasons201637/

danitay
Talker
Talker

Post by danitay »

Harper5 wrote:I totally agree about the language. I don't watch that woman but just saw her Q & A. She was born in Korea and left when she was 24/25. It's actually much harder to learn a new language and pronunciation correctly as we get older. English is my second language and although I am a fluent English speaker and learned it as a child, there are some words I will occasionally mispronounce. I have to say though, there are plenty of native English speakers who not only have horrible grammar but aren't well versed in the English language. Thereby, I don't judge people who moved to an English speaking country as an adult given plenty of people born in that country can hardly hold a conversation.
I'm not judging her for not having fluent English, I just don't prefer that in a partner. Just like I don't judge someone for having children, but I still don't prefer that in a partner.
Sofatsolazy wrote: 100% agree! I was always taught never make fun of someone who speaks with an accent ... it means they speak more than one language.
I never made fun of her accent, I just stated the true fact that her English is not great. But that's a mighty high horse you're on, you're posting in a thread for trashing a guru but acting like you're so moral. :roll:

pussinboots
Talker
Talker

Post by pussinboots »

Nope you can't take it back now and use the "personal preference" excuse. You were judging her English like it was a character flaw: "who doesn't work at all, is even more of a shopaholic than Elle, can't even speak good English, yet has a doctor husband who apparently is totally happy with everything." You screwed up girlfriend :rofl:

loopy
Learner
Learner

Post by loopy »

Akent_2016 wrote:
And of course, she has stretched another half-truth about this by saying "I left private practice (i.e., articling position)." Elle, you were a trainee. A trainee stops going to training when the training period is over. A trainee "doesn't leave" anything. It is like a former White House intern who has worked there for 3 months saying, "I left the White House."
[/quote]

What?! I don't understand your logic here. It is accurate that Elle left private practice once she finished training and qualified as an attorney. During articling, she was in private practice and, after articling, she no longer works in private practice. It also would be absolutely correct to say that you "left the White House" after completing an internship there.

As for "a trainee stops going to training when the training period is over". Do you? Generally, you're being trained for a job that exists when training is complete. So either Elle could have continued to work for the firm she articled at or gone to work at a different law firm - both of which would be continuing to work in private practice.

It seems like you're imputing a meaning to her words which isn't actually there. If there's anything to comment on, it's that she implied that she left private practice and went in-house, when it doesn't appear that she actually is in-house counsel.

ice_cherry
Learner
Learner

Post by ice_cherry »

Hi, I'm a first time poster/long time lurker of the Rant thread (much preferred to the Rave thread because although I enjoy her, I find Elle to be utterly pretentious and my eyes hurt from the constant rolling while watching her videos!) I hope it's ok that I'm interjecting with a somewhat off-topic question.

I've been watching Elle's videos for about a year - probably around the time that Joe entered the picture - but never had a desire to view her back catalogue until now (I wanted to see what the dynamics of her previous relationship(s) were like compared to the one with Joe). Anyway, I found her England vlogs from a few years ago and noticed that her mom was married to an Englishman named Neil, but do not recall ever hearing about him in any video since I've started watching Elle. Did they also split up or...and I hope it is not the latter...has her mother been widowed?

spankcat
Informer
Informer

Post by spankcat »

pussinboots wrote:Nope you can't take it back now and use the "personal preference" excuse. You were judging her English like it was a character flaw: "who doesn't work at all, is even more of a shopaholic than Elle, can't even speak good English, yet has a doctor husband who apparently is totally happy with everything." You screwed up girlfriend :rofl:
I agree. Her English skills should not have been brought up in the first place. She is not completely illiterate in English; she can get her point across to salespeople and her viewers. "Can't even speak good English" isn't even an eloquent English sentence.

Also, I think we have beat a dead horse into the ground with this in-house counsel/investigator/lawyer business :horse:

pussinboots
Talker
Talker

Post by pussinboots »

As much as I find Akent's accusations uncomfortably too ruthless, she has the goods. When a lawyer says she's in private practice, that usually implies that she's a lawyer, full stop. Articling = training = mandatory part of law education, therefore not quite work. (work experience, maybe, but yeah calling your articling position as working as a lawyer in private practice is misleading)

McShade009
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by McShade009 »

adel220 wrote:
McShade009 wrote:

I think if she were in denial she would’ve said something along the lines of, “We are going through a rough patch and we’ve decided to not live together for the time being.” Instead she was candid about it and said he was firm and not going to change his mind. She might’ve tried to “save” it last Thursday, but she couldn’t stop him from moving.

I think anyone would be in shock over a break up like that, but I don’t think it has anything to do with denial or holding out hope. I do agree that he used YouTube as a “safe” reason to explain why he thought they weren’t compatible.
When you have been with someone for awhile, and then all of a sudden you get dump, it doesn't just sink in right away. It is not until later, when you are no longer hanging out with that person that you realize "oh it is actually over over" and now I have to figure life on my own. I think she still might try to contact him and see what went wrong. She didn't seem satisfied with the reasons that he gave, which is understandable.

Akent_2016
Informer
Informer

Post by Akent_2016 »

LOL, where did you find that emoji? Good one!
spankcat wrote:
pussinboots wrote:Nope you can't take it back now and use the "personal preference" excuse. You were judging her English like it was a character flaw: "who doesn't work at all, is even more of a shopaholic than Elle, can't even speak good English, yet has a doctor husband who apparently is totally happy with everything." You screwed up girlfriend :rofl:
I agree. Her English skills should not have been brought up in the first place. She is not completely illiterate in English; she can get her point across to salespeople and her viewers. "Can't even speak good English" isn't even an eloquent English sentence.

Also, I think we have beat a dead horse into the ground with this in-house counsel/investigator/lawyer business :horse:

Post by Guest »

spankcat wrote:

Lvlovercc has her own thread and people bash her English there, too. There are things about her I don’t like, but her lack of English fluency isn’t one of them and I never viewed it as a character flaw. And while lvlovercc is a shopaholic and a brand whore, she never came across as snobby or rude, which I can’t say about Elle. I recall in one vlog of lvlovercc’s she bought tons of clothes and gifts for her son’s friend, whom he had to stay with while his parents were traveling out of state. Who does that? I don’t think Elle would bother to do that.

I mean, I can’t think of any guy who would be attracted to someone who can’t even be decent towards service workers unless they’re snobs like she is. Do you want someone who is a snob to be your wife or the mother of your kids?

Again, all speculation but I really never thought Elle had the upper hand compared to lvlovercc.
Last edited by Guest on Wed May 02, 2018 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

McShade009
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by McShade009 »

loopy wrote:
Akent_2016 wrote:
And of course, she has stretched another half-truth about this by saying "I left private practice (i.e., articling position)." Elle, you were a trainee. A trainee stops going to training when the training period is over. A trainee "doesn't leave" anything. It is like a former White House intern who has worked there for 3 months saying, "I left the White House."
What?! I don't understand your logic here. It is accurate that Elle left private practice once she finished training and qualified as an attorney. During articling, she was in private practice and, after articling, she no longer works in private practice. It also would be absolutely correct to say that you "left the White House" after completing an internship there.

As for "a trainee stops going to training when the training period is over". Do you? Generally, you're being trained for a job that exists when training is complete. So either Elle could have continued to work for the firm she articled at or gone to work at a different law firm - both of which would be continuing to work in private practice.

It seems like you're imputing a meaning to her words which isn't actually there. If there's anything to comment on, it's that she implied that she left private practice and went in-house, when it doesn't appear that she actually is in-house counsel.[/quote]

______

In the law context, when you say that you are leaving private practice to work in-house, that means that you worked as an attorney at a law firm and now you have decided to work as a counsel for a certain company. A law clerk will not say that they left private practice when their clerkship ends. I am not sure if Elle worded it that way because she was trying to explain it to those who are not familiar with the legal field, but to those that are, it sounds misleading. I think just like with everything else, she makes things sound more than what they actually are because she is trying to portray herself in a certain way. She is all about appearances, and not authenticity as we have learned.

pussinboots
Talker
Talker

Post by pussinboots »

I've always assumed Ginette (Elle's mom) divorced from Neil. She seemed kinda cold to him in a video. (I think they were in Vegas eating sushi and he embraced her and she basically made like a rock and didn't hug back?) Also if Neil died, as stepdaughter Elle would've gone to the funeral and there was no mention (and girlfriend's the type to mention, bet on it).

McShade009
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by McShade009 »

pussinboots wrote:I've always assumed Ginette (Elle's mom) divorced from Neil. She seemed kinda cold to him in a video. (I think they were in Vegas eating sushi and he embraced her and she basically made like a rock and didn't hug back?) Also if Neil died, as stepdaughter Elle would've gone to the funeral and there was no mention (and girlfriend's the type to mention, bet on it).
What happened to her biological father?

pussinboots
Talker
Talker

Post by pussinboots »

In a recent video, she opened up about her family life and said that from the very beginning her father didn't want to be in the picture, so ever since she was born it has always been just her and her mom (and her grandmother too. I don't think she has cousins or relatives, since her mom immigrated her grandmother to Canada from Belgium so Elle's grandmother probably didn't have children other than Ginette to take care of her.) That video was also where she revealed she was bullied in school.

EDIT: The video is Ellemas Vlogmas Special.

Lilyxx
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Lilyxx »

pussinboots wrote:As much as I find Akent's accusations uncomfortably too ruthless, she has the goods. When a lawyer says she's in private practice, that usually implies that she's a lawyer, full stop. Articling = training = mandatory part of law education, therefore not quite work. (work experience, maybe, but yeah calling your articling position as working as a lawyer in private practice is misleading)
training contracts are very difficult to get though, it's not work experience, it's training to become a lawyer and after you finish that you are qualified. It is the final step.

danitay
Talker
Talker

Post by danitay »

Lol, I'm not taking anything back or making an excuse for anything. You're free to think whatever you want. Given all the gloating you've done all over this thread about Elle getting dumped, you're the last person to try to bring moral high horsery into this thread.

McShade009
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by McShade009 »

pussinboots wrote:In a recent video, she opened up about her family life and said that from the very beginning her father didn't want to be in the picture, so ever since she was born it has always been just her and her mom (and her grandmother too. I don't think she has cousins or relatives, since her mom immigrated her grandmother to Canada from Belgium so Elle's grandmother probably didn't have children other than Ginette to take care of her.) That video was also where she revealed she was bullied in school.

EDIT: The video is Ellemas Vlogmas Special. <a class="vglnk" href="" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>youtu</span><span>.</span><span>be</span><span>/</span><span>kRxhJxWm02o</span></a>
Oh wow! I guess I missed a lot of the vlogmass. Thank you so much for the link!

pussinboots
Talker
Talker

Post by pussinboots »

Lilyxx wrote:
pussinboots wrote:As much as I find Akent's accusations uncomfortably too ruthless, she has the goods. When a lawyer says she's in private practice, that usually implies that she's a lawyer, full stop. Articling = training = mandatory part of law education, therefore not quite work. (work experience, maybe, but yeah calling your articling position as working as a lawyer in private practice is misleading)
training contracts are very difficult to get though, it's not work experience, it's training to become a lawyer and after you finish that you are qualified. It is the final step.
OK so training is only considered law education, not even work experience? (I mean outside law, internships count for work experience, but not work)

Return to “Elle Florence”