Mosie926
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: iisuperwomanii - Part 2

Post by Mosie926 »

:tu:
If life is like a box of chocolates, why am I getting all the coconut ones :(.

sone0408
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sone0408 »

following :tu:

desert_rose
Learner
Learner

Post by desert_rose »

ok is she still not over the whole adult vs kid thing.. i mean i think her viewers have grown up a little more now

desert_rose
Learner
Learner

Post by desert_rose »

Being from Africa.. I am sooo salty about that Africans guess north american slang video..that is all.. the title itself though ugh!

Post by Guest »

Something about that vlog title he got married ( my first gay wedding) rubbed me the wrong way. Like this is one of your close friends and all you can say is “my first gay wedding” ? Reduces an important day to just a novel experience — ohhh look you guys first time at a gay wedding -how cool.

desert_rose
Learner
Learner

Post by desert_rose »

Le sigh wrote:Something about that vlog title he got married ( my first gay wedding) rubbed me the wrong way. Like this is one of your close friends and all you can say is “my first gay wedding” ? Reduces an important day to just a novel experience — ohhh look you guys first time at a gay wedding -how cool.
lol I came here to say that..nobody seems to call her out on it though

Post by Guest »

I think she probably thought she was being progressive when it was actually kind of offensive. She could have just left it at 'He got married.'

Guuuuurl
Informer
Informer

Post by Guuuuurl »

I don't watch the main channel anymore, but I had to point out that whole "Girl Talk As You Grow Up" video. First of all, she's like stuck in 2012 YouTube with skits and stuff, and that is just not the way things are swinging anymore, it's not what people want to watch.

It so annoys me how on her high horse she is with #GirlLove and stuff like that, yet she definitely reinforces the fuck out of gender stereotypes in all of her videos. Case in point: her latest video, among many others along the lines of "Boys do x, girls do y" type of shit.
1.jpg
She thinks she's so fucking woke....and then makes stuff like this lol. It pains me that this was on trending.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

desert_rose
Learner
Learner

Post by desert_rose »

The vlog where she addresses hate comments gives me such a Teala vibe where she pretends she doesnt care but actually does. I hate it when youtubers try to defend themselves or act all smart and self righteous by trying to take apart their "hater" by commenting on their lack of grammer/spelling instead of addressing what they're being criticized for. Agreed some comments like "you suck" or irrelevant comments are immature but most of the comments they read out loud were more of critique comments rather than straight up hate.

desert_rose
Learner
Learner

Post by desert_rose »

double post..sorry

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie »

^ youtubers who make whole videos reacting to hate comments are desperate and lame.
Yer Burnt moonlightpixie! NICE TRY THO

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

moonlightpixie wrote:^ youtubers who make whole videos reacting to hate comments are desperate and lame.
...and deeply insecure.

I have yet to come across a YTer who devotes a whole video to positive comments and thanking their supporters or a video addressing constructive criticism, being thankful for it, and talking about why they make the choices they do.

Maybe they feel like, no matter how they address their viewers, they can't win. If they address the positive they are being arrogant; if they address the negative they are being insecure.

Also, I honestly think some of them try to approach these "addressing haters" videos like a Jimmy Kimmel "Mean Tweets" video and try to be funny about it. But that never seems to work because you can tell how bothered they are by the negative comments.

sisinikkole
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sisinikkole »

following
"I feel like this year is really about like the year of just realizing stuff" ~Kylie Jenner :love2:

desert_rose
Learner
Learner

Post by desert_rose »

A video about pockets?? ok she's really run out of ideas now

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie »

her youtube glory is 100% gone
Yer Burnt moonlightpixie! NICE TRY THO

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

[video][/video]

I'm glad she realized that she needed to stop.
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

drunkatvogue
Informer
Informer

Post by drunkatvogue »

YES, LILY. This is actually excellent and more of a positive message to convey to viewers. Her 'hustle' has always come at the expense of her wellbeing, which has been commented on for a good while and gave a very limited view of personal capabilities and responsibilities that many aspired to because of its obvious gains but is not realistic for a lot of others. Balance, boundaries, pace-setting, the power of 'no', that has to be a part of it, too. Lily going at the speed she's been on has put her at risk of real burnout, and it's hard to bounce back from that - possibly more so when an extremely high level of energy is part of your brand. As she acknowledges, this starts to be reflected in the quality of the content and the need for sustained validation of your work. Mental health is something that's needed to be a much higher priority for Lily, so while it's sad to hear that she's struggling, it's a great thing to know that she's making changes for the quality of her life, not just her profile.

drunkatvogue
Informer
Informer

Post by drunkatvogue »

* Lilly, wow.

AishwaryaNet
Learner
Learner

Post by AishwaryaNet »

I am not surprised to see this coming (Lilly putting YouTube on hold). She had been periodically expressing her frustration with the platform, changing views, and randomness of trending.

Return to “Lilly Singh”