General thought on Instagram Models

to-ash-i-return
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

General thought on Instagram Models

Post by to-ash-i-return »

I wanted some thoughts and tea on IG models but I can't find any. I don't know if I looked hard enough but I really wanted to hear some people's thoughts on things like photoshop and presenting their bodies not how they are? Are they contributing to something potentially harmful? I don't know what I'm doing so bear with me. I figured I could drop a few names and someone, anyone, will provide something?

1. Sahar Luna
2. Kelsey Calemine
3. Meredith Mickelson
4. Alexis Ren
5. Emily Ratajkowski
6. Cindy Kimberly

Any IG models you all actually like? Thoughts on them doing runway/editorial/campaign stuff? Which ones have proven to be problematic? Which ones seem really sweet? Which ones could have a genuine career in fashion? Thoughts on the photoshop and getting work done? Thoughts on Sahara's work done and her friendship with Kelsey?

bluelemonwater
Talker
Talker

Re: General thought on Instagram Models

Post by bluelemonwater »

Emily Ratajkowski

she looks so puffy here but hey she's got a bling!

i used to like her in the beginning but i guess novelty of her wore off and i don't find her face so interesting anymore.

Post by Guest »

I feel like so much conversation and controversy has been unearthed about insta-models, as well as an oversaturation of them, to the point where I don't care about them anymore. Or rather, I take everything they say/do with a grain of salt. This might be the decade of the insta model but they'll come and go when the new era of models crop up.

That being said I do like/pay attention to the ones that have broken out into supermodel status (Emily R, Gigi & Bella, Isabella P, Kaia to a point etc.). Those that are actually out there modelling rather than girls who just post insta pics all day and get paid for sponsored posts (like wolfiecindy etc).

Post by Guest »

I'm not much bothered about Instagram or the models on it, but I really, really did not like the way Emily Ratajkowski combined a nude photo with a political statement about abortion. This might be the first and last time I ever find myself agreeing with Piers Morgan but I really feel like the caption next to a pic of you nude with a flower covering your vag is not the right time to be talking about rape, incest, race, class and abortion. Could she not have taken an image of her donating or helping out with a charity or something? It's not like she doesn't post tonnes of nude photos anyway, why the hell did she have to talk about abortion in the caption? Playing right into creepy old white dudes hands isn't exactly giving them the middle finger. This just feels so wrong. Honestly that sums up a lot of what I see on Insta.

bluelemonwater
Talker
Talker

Post by bluelemonwater »

i think ratajkowski doesn't care and she just wanted to jump onto the train so in future if someone's going to write an article they can include 'The model Emily Ratajkowski...'

winterscoming
Learner
Learner

Post by winterscoming »

Smashkitten wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 10:40 am
I'm not much bothered about Instagram or the models on it, but I really, really did not like the way Emily Ratajkowski combined a nude photo with a political statement about abortion. This might be the first and last time I ever find myself agreeing with Piers Morgan but I really feel like the caption next to a pic of you nude with a flower covering your vag is not the right time to be talking about rape, incest, race, class and abortion. Could she not have taken an image of her donating or helping out with a charity or something? It's not like she doesn't post tonnes of nude photos anyway, why the hell did she have to talk about abortion in the caption? Playing right into creepy old white dudes hands isn't exactly giving them the middle finger. This just feels so wrong. Honestly that sums up a lot of what I see on Insta.
While I see what you mean about her playing into the hands of the creepy white dudes, I think the point she was trying to make was that it's her body and therefore her choice. A lot of people put emphasis on victims by asking what they were wearing/were they asking for it based on that, and so I think some part of her was trying to appear *deep* and by posing nude with a flower was basically owning her body and saying it shouldn't matter what any woman wears/looks like, it's just our choice, always, no matter what, period. But I'm also trying to remain positive about anyone speaking about how it's our choice, because this is gonna be a long road and a big fight.
The lone wolf dies but the pack survives.

Post by Guest »

I can accept that. Personally I just didn't like the way it came off. I do appreciate that she is a feminist however, I just feel like the people who get it are already going to agree with her, and everybody is just going to miss the point and use it as spank bank material. And although it is absolutely her right to do as she wishes, from the lens of the male gaze and the fact that Insta models seems to have a pretty negative effect on young girls esteem it's kind of a double edged sword. None of that is her fault, I just feel like the celebrity version of feminism is a bit limited...they are happy to talk about specific issues but not really willing to discuss deeper effects media has on society. I heard she once got arrested at a women's rights march, that's some shit I'd prefer to see on her social media when discussing these kinda topics. Apart from anything else she poses nude so often that I suspect that caption was lost on a huge number of her following.

Another point, does anyone find this dewy skin trend a little much? I don't know if it's the combination with the huge glossy lips, but some of the models kinda just look like they've rolled around in vaseline. Someone told me about this model Krotchy and I like her more professional shoot looking pics but in some of them she really does look like she's been rolling around in bacon fat. It's like nobody can do makeup trends subtly anymore. Instead of just a gently glow kinda dewy skin it's super intense. There's something about it that makes me really uncomfortable and I can't put my finger on what.

lobsterluver
Stalker
Stalker

Post by lobsterluver »

i just googled her and shes 28??? bruh i thought she was in her mid 30's ??

Return to “Instagram”