sororitygirl123
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: buzzfeed

Post by sororitygirl123 »

Cheryl Blossom wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:32 pm
Damn tbh I assumed the layoffs wouldn’t extend to their “talent” and would just affect the people behind the scenes/writers. It makes sense tho, why pay this “talent” a reasonable salary when you could be paying interns next to nothing

The next few months will be the former Buzzfeed employee YT hunger games! Who will survive? Who will fade into obscurity? How many people will beg Safiya for a collab? ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
According to twitter talent/social media layoffs are happening today and tomorrow.

Also this sucks for Niki as she just bought a house. I personally thought she was safe because of her tasty videos.

lurkermclurkerson
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lurkermclurkerson »

mg95 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:40 pm
looks like niki ang (from the homebuddies series with garrett) has been laid off too. also jared sosa (he made some cute videos with his daughter) . and not really video staff he was more of a writer but sam stryker got let go too.
Niki turned into a diva when she refused to do the Homebuddies series any longer. Not surprised she's gone.

mg95
Informer
Informer

Post by mg95 »

kate peterman is gone too. I’m sort of surprised, she seemed to be one of their more valued producers/writers

sororitygirl123
Gossiper
Gossiper

mg95 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:38 pm
kate peterman is gone too. I’m sort of surprised, she seemed to be one of their more valued producers/writers

I'm curious if Kelsey will be let go?

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

Damn imagine the workspace climate today and tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

upintheair
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by upintheair »

I’m sad Kate and Kevin were let go. They were funny and seemed like great people. Kane as well, his videos were interesting. So many people that are recognizable in videos were let go, can’t imagine what they will do in videos now.

It still bugs me so many POC were let go. It’s so transparent.

Smarties
Informer
Informer

Post by Smarties »

And they’re still doing Eating You Feed s2 as I saw on instagram.

I’m sure they won’t fire their ‘big guns’ like Worth It, BF Unsolved, Lady Like, World’s Okay-est Mom, Kelsy Gaminng. It also seems that Tasty has been pretty okay so far?

Does anyone have a list of people who got fired that appeared in videos? I can’t keep track. And why are they keeping people like Jazzmyne and her friend and firing people who actually are not annoying in videos.

I wonder if they’ll all look for new video making jobs or try being youtubers. I can’t imagine some of the older people with kids doing that.

upintheair
Informer
Informer

Post by upintheair »

Yeah I can’t believe they fired her right before season 2 of Eating Your Feed is about to air. So awkward.

I can’t stand Jazzmyne or Lindsey. They think they’re the shit and it’s soooo annoying.

CykamoreTres

Post by CykamoreTres »

lurkermclurkerson wrote:
ksmithdelete909 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:00 pm
ihateytgurus wrote:Not that I’m happy for people getting let go but Selorm was easily the most annoying person at buzzfeed. She brought nothing to that company. Thank god she’s gone.

And more importantly thank god Lara “Endometriosis” Parker is gone. If I see another fucking video or article about how sex for her is painful I will throw my computer. Having endometriosis is that girl’s entire identity and I’m so glad there won’t be any more shit about that issue coming out of buzzfeed. Hallelujah!
Selom's crunchy granola schtick was a little stale but the only time she was ever annoying to me was when she said "all corsets were oppressive". Maybe for wealthy women, but working women's undergarments were generally more supportive than restrictive and she was just talking out her ass.

I actually feel bad for the woman with Endo because she could barely live life while at BF, where could she work now?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
According to her Twitter, Lara is writing a book about her vagina and she's broken up with her boyfriend.
That right is a whole-ass movie pitch

Smarties
Informer
Informer

Post by Smarties »

Apparently bf also said the workers wouldn’t need unions because they were irreplaceable anyway but now they’re hiring 1 year interns to do the jobs cheaper. Really not a good look for bf especially firing people who still have series premiering.

This is like when Safiya left and they had so much filmed material of her and every comment section was just fans promoting her solo channel.

I saw a tweet of someone saying they’re not firing the right people and seeing as Chantal, Jazzmyne and Lindsay are still working there the person was right.

I’m not a huge Kristin fan but props to her for standing up for her ex-co-workers and showing her anger at buzzfeed despite them still being her employer. It makes me wonder if Lady Like will want to do a Try Guys and move on or if Kristin herself wants to move on alone so she has nothing left to lose.

mg95
Informer
Informer

Post by mg95 »

patrick ward is also gone

the thing about the firings that gets me is that they seem to be keeping all their bigger personalities and names which just means their content is going to get more and more stale. A whole channel with just Jazzmyne and her side kick producing content? No thanks

sororitygirl123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Smarties wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:14 pm
And they’re still doing Eating You Feed s2 as I saw on instagram.

I’m sure they won’t fire their ‘big guns’ like Worth It, BF Unsolved, Lady Like, World’s Okay-est Mom, Kelsy Gaminng. It also seems that Tasty has been pretty okay so far?

Does anyone have a list of people who got fired that appeared in videos? I can’t keep track. And why are they keeping people like Jazzmyne and her friend and firing people who actually are not annoying in videos.

I wonder if they’ll all look for new video making jobs or try being youtubers. I can’t imagine some of the older people with kids doing that.
It appears Buzzfeed is already hiring through their fellow program, but it's been restructured from 3-4 months to a year/no pay.

Post by Guest »

Even though I get firing a lot of bigger buzzfeed stars from a money perspective, it just doesn't make sense to me publicity wise. If they had fired semi-popular writers or hosts that were unpopular anyways I'm sure people would be a lot less mad.

Smarties
Informer
Informer

Post by Smarties »

Well someone seems to like Jazzmyne but to me a whole channel or series with just her is the last thing I'd watch.

beautyblenderhohoho
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by beautyblenderhohoho »

they let go TJ from unsolved

Post by Guest »

mg95 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:38 pm
Surprised because they seemed to love her and push her into vids - but I have to admit I found her super annoying and irritating. There was one video where she barely looked sober and was constantly rubbing her eyes, and looked high/drunk AF. All around I've always found her content super lazy and predictable and cringe-worthy.

fuzzypickles
Talker
Talker

Post by fuzzypickles »

Smarties wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:50 am
I’m not a huge Kristin fan but props to her for standing up for her ex-co-workers and showing her anger at buzzfeed despite them still being her employer. It makes me wonder if Lady Like will want to do a Try Guys and move on or if Kristin herself wants to move on alone so she has nothing left to lose.
I agree, kristin was by far the one I liked least from ladylike but i've gained a lot of respect for her after her tweets these past few days.

I'm really shocked they fired kate! Her eating disorder video was so good and she wrote unfortunately ashly! Though I have to wonder if (like niki) this was in part because she left that podcast with kelsey.... I agree with other posters though it seems like a LOT of POC/LGBT people have been let go

Post by Guest »

fuzzypickles wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:25 pm
If niki stayed on homebuddies i'm sure she would have stayed. I'm still so curious what happened between her and garrett
She seemed very lazy in that series, she was constantly napping and only wanted to play video games... got really upset at Garrett for taking off to see the sunrise when she wouldn't wake up. Like that's on you bitch, if you agree to do something, especially for a VIDEO you're filming ffs, you get your ass up and DO IT... So far it seems like they are making the right decisions and cutting the lazy, entitled, 1 hit wonders.
Last edited by Guest on Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

lurkermclurkerson wrote:
ksmithdelete909 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:00 pm
ihateytgurus wrote:Not that I’m happy for people getting let go but Selorm was easily the most annoying person at buzzfeed. She brought nothing to that company. Thank god she’s gone.

And more importantly thank god Lara “Endometriosis” Parker is gone. If I see another fucking video or article about how sex for her is painful I will throw my computer. Having endometriosis is that girl’s entire identity and I’m so glad there won’t be any more shit about that issue coming out of buzzfeed. Hallelujah!
Selom's crunchy granola schtick was a little stale but the only time she was ever annoying to me was when she said "all corsets were oppressive". Maybe for wealthy women, but working women's undergarments were generally more supportive than restrictive and she was just talking out her ass.

I actually feel bad for the woman with Endo because she could barely live life while at BF, where could she work now?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
According to her Twitter, Lara is writing a book about her vagina and she's broken up with her boyfriend.
So true, she's a 1 hit wonder... and OMG I'm not surprised... she really has made it her whole identity. I have the same issue, I get stabbing and burning pain in my vagina and through my colon. It sucks, of course, but so many people have to deal with similar or even worse pain day in and day out and don't have the luxury of lamenting about it all the time and having a workplace catering to you. Most of us just have to suck it up.

molticolori
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by molticolori »

I really doubt BuzzFeed has enough legitimate recognition that people will want to stay on for only 3-4 months. I can't believe they're letting go so many people, that's absolutely ridiculous.

Return to “Buzzfeed”