Money

Kandake
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Money

Post by Kandake »

Are you good with money? Do you have a job? If you are in college did you take out loans or are your parents paying for you?

justanotherhater

Re: Money

Post by justanotherhater »

I think I am becoming better with money. I used to buy so much crap that I didn't need, it was kind of ridiculous. Now that my hoarding tendencies are in check, I'm so much happier and I could actually save some money. I don't have a job, and I'm a full time university student. I'm lucky and grateful to have my parents supporting me. Education is very important to my parents and they have made sure I'm taken care of and for that I'm forever grateful.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

Not doing this as a promotional thing, but I talk in detail about how well I have handled money in the past in this vlog:

[youtube][/youtube]

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

I'm okay with my money. I am in college and also have a part-time job, but it doesn't pay much so my parents still help me out with rent because I have to live off-campus. I took out loans for the first two years because I lived in college housing, but I didn't take out any loans for the last two years (I'm a senior). I'm in college on scholarship.
imma ball til the day i fall

peachesnoranges
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by peachesnoranges »

I'm in school and my course load is heavy so I don't work. But I do work over summer and winter break. My tuition, rent, and books are paid for by my parents (love them). I use to always spend my money. When I was younger and had money, I just had to buy something. Now I've started to save it.

thismustbetheplace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by thismustbetheplace »

I could be better with money. I used to shop a lot for clothes -- not expensive clothes (mostly from thrift stores and Forever 21/H&M) but I probably bought more of them than I need. I basically stopped doing that except shopping for work clothes (which is a necessity) and my goal is to not buy any new clothes in the year after I graduate college unless it's a necessity. However, now my problem is going out. My boyfriend doesn't cook (I am trying to get him to but it is a very uphill process) and I can easily spend upwards of $100 in a 4-day period hanging out with him, just eating meals out and maybe going out with friends once or twice. Even if he pays for some of my meals it still adds up to a lot. I told him this past weekend that something needs to change because all my Christmas money is now gone!

I am currently a full-time college student entering my last semester and my mom, thanks to savings, inheritance, and the in-state resident discount I get from my school, is thankfully able to pay for my entire education. I'm very grateful to her that I won't have any student loan debt upon graduation. I don't have a paying job and haven't had one since senior year of high school because of how demanding my major is (molecular/cellular biology). I could have elected to do my lab internship at school for pay, but I elected to do it for credit instead since the credit was more valuable to my situation.

My goal is that when I graduate college and my boyfriend and I move in together, we are going to plan out a huge budget for everything. He makes a nice salary and apart from eating out all the time and occasional splurge gifts for me lives pretty frugally, so he saves about 65% of his income. My income will likely be a lot lower after I graduate (if it's anything at all, stupid job market...) so even though we plan to pool our incomes together I am still going to try to not make unnecessary/frivolous purchases.

well wait idk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by well wait idk »

I'm pretty good with money and am incredibly cheap. it takes a lotttt for me to buy something when I go to the mall. It has to blow me away in order for me to pay for it. I have a part time job and make very good money, and occasionally I'll house/dog-sit for my relatives and get paid for that. I have mostly student loans but my mom has helped me with a number of payments that I still have to make, but I pay most of it. I save most of the money I get that I don't have to use to pay for school though.

KittenKaboost
Talker
Talker

Post by KittenKaboost »

I would say that I am getting better at handling money, especially now that I am in college. I use to buy clothing and other things that I did not need, just because I felt that I needed to spend money or have more clothes. But I'm begining to stop that and only buy things when I really need it or use money that I get from gifts to purchase things I want but don't need. I also cleaned out my closet, which has helped out alot because now I see the crap I've been buying and how many shirts and what not I haven't been wearing, so I put buying clothing on a hold. I guess I just have trouble when it comes to eating. During class I get hungry and I'm also a social eater, but I'm starting to prepare my own snacks and lunches for school - and I buy kind of cheap food, like for this whole week I'll be having sweet patato, chicken and veggies for lunch. I'm keeping track of my spending habits also.
I'm not working during school because it's my first year and it's already draining and causing me anxiety and stress, so I don't think I could handle having a job on top of this. But I will be working during the summer. Hopefully if it goes as I plan, I'll owe less than 20,000 in debt. Hope this was easy to understand.

Fadia Fiji
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Fadia Fiji »

I have none... :?
18, live with my parents, no job and I barely get out of the house.

MakeupGirly
Informer
Informer

Post by MakeupGirly »

Ya I would say I'm pretty good with money. I don't splurge on things when I know I can't really afford it. I don't work, I'm in college. My parents aren't able to support me through college. They do however let me live in their house and eat their food. My college is funded by a student grant that I get from the Government. I would say at least 30-40% of students here get some sort of funding from the Government. It pays for my fees and travel to college everyday and with what I've left over I buy clothes and things I need.

whereicomefrom
Informer
Informer

Post by whereicomefrom »

I'm seriously cheap about my money, so spending is not something I have a problem with. I wait till sales to go and get new clothes, and use coupons and discounts as often as i can, in the drugstore for example. during my years in the military my parents supported me as the military wage is ridiculously nothing, allowing me to save that nothing away (it added up to a decent amount...) for the past 6 months i have been working and paying my expenses in terms of leisure, clothing, food and gas. i live at home so my parents buy the food, obviously. soon i will be starting work and i believe it will be expected of me to pay for my own things using the money i have saved up for the past few years. hopefully i will be able to work during school.

Primadxnna
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Primadxnna »

I'm in high school. My mom gives me $6 every day of the week, or every day that I'd go to school. So I can save up and get my own things :)

Min
Informer
Informer

Post by Min »

Idk if I am, I think I'm pretty carefree about it, but a lot of people say I'm too stingy lol. I refuse to get any credit cards or loans, I must spend what I already have. I have been trying to stop being so stingy lately, so I've been buying more expensive clothes and makeup, but I still go to thirft stores and dollar stores to shop. I still have this holey hoodie I got 10 years ago that I still refuse to throw away that my mom wanted to throw away 7 years ago lol

I also try to have very few bills, currently i only pay for rent, car insurance, electricity, internet, and netflix. i don't want to go into bankruptcy like my dad did!

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo »

I'm pretty good with money, but not brilliant. I did pay for my master's degree fees in cash and didn't have to take out a loan so I am proud I saved up all that. I've never been in debt or anything like that, but I do wish I had thought a little harder about what I have bought over the years. I live on my own and the utility bills just keep going up so I am trying to cook more meals from scratch and do little things like that to save money. My state pension age will be 67 and I definitely don't want to be working till I am nearly 70 so I need to look at my pension options which is beyond dull. I wish I had been a bit savvier with money when I was younger. I have two friends who started putting money away for a house deposit when they started working and are now going to be mortgage-free in their 40s. When you start saving earlier you can save little amounts and it all adds up, but if you start doing it later on in your life you have to make bigger financial sacrifices.

Forever Eccentric
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Forever Eccentric »

I'm getting better with money. My mom reminds me to spend money on tangible things not, disposable things.

Bee.*
Learner
Learner

Post by Bee.* »

Kleineganz wrote:Not doing this as a promotional thing, but I talk in detail about how well I have handled money in the past in this vlog:

[youtube][/youtube]
This was a great video!
Never been in debt. We don't take loan in my country to pay tution fees (it's way cheeper than in the US or UK, for example) and not many people use credit card.
I manage well my money and prefer not to have a lot of cash in my wallet, I prefer to use debit card. I think it's thanks to how I was raised.
“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,And live like it's heaven on earth.” - William W Purkey

choochy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by choochy »

i go in and our of having savings. right now i find that costs of things are going up while pay just doesn't stretch as much anymore dispite trying to be smart with my cash. *sigh*
:love2: :love2:

nothinggold
Informer
Informer

Post by nothinggold »

I'm okay. I've been having trouble with my new pay schedule with my newish job. I get paid weekly and it's just hard to adjust to.
I have no debt, though, and some money in savings. I need to work more on building my savings.

TaylorKnows
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TaylorKnows »

I have no debt. I babysit but I don't have a job that pays every single week, more like every other week with my clients and it's not that much. Over the summer I made so much money but then bought a new phone, got a new purse, bought new clothes I needed and had to pay for some things and now I'm not broke but I'm so money conscious and looking for a new job. I'm 17 by the way and I'm not going to be taking out student loans, at least not yet. I'm going to a community college and I have just enough to pay for the classes and such. I'm going to borrow books to save money. I also still live at home. I keep applying to places but they never respond and every time I call they say that they're "processing applications" or that they "aren't hiring". It's frustrating.

gasaki56
Lurker
Lurker

Post by gasaki56 »

i like to earn money

Return to “Finance”