Color Suggestions For House

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Color Suggestions For House

Post by wanderlust »

Currently the colors of all the walls in the house are white (or very close to white at least) and the carpet is a mix of beige-ish neutrals. I’m terrible at describing this but I didn’t want to post a picture of the actual living room since dragging it into google image search causes my address to come up…not smart.

I’m having trouble coming up with color ideas for the living room. It isn’t that big…probably medium-sized at best and it features a fireplace that has also been painted white. The wall that the fireplace is situated on extends over and becomes a blank kitchen wall. My kitchen cabinets are going to be painted red. I was considering painting this long kitchen/living room wall red as an “accent wall” and then leaving the other living room walls alone since they keep going down the hallway and well, I don’t want all the walls in my house to be red.

Painting that wall red though leaves a white fireplace and..hm..I don’t want it to look like Target in my living room. I was thinking maybe a chocolate colored fireplace and then a matching couch with red pillows? This might be overpowering, tacky, or too dark for a room that’s not huge. I definitely don’t want to stick with just white though.

I’m no designer and this is my first time doing something like this. What would you do in this situation?

Return to “Home”