What would you want your room/apartment decor to look like?

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What would you want your room/apartment decor to look like?

Post by Angie V »

I like watching room / apartment / house tours and I will be moving apartments within the next few months (I'm graduating college so my roommate and I are switching apartments to get away from campus and this one is really shitty). I've been putting together some ideas about what I want my 'decor' to look like. I think this time around, I want my bedroom to be more feminine because I've never had that since I was kind of a tomboy growing up. I like the idea of dusty rose paint color and darker wood (I already have most of my furniture, I just need a new bed). If I can't paint the walls (every apartment I've lived in has allowed me to so far but you never know), then I'll put up a tapestry or something of that sort to get more color into the space.

I really like Aria's room in Pretty Little Liars because she has feminine mixed with a darker feel, and I really like that atmosphere:

I started putting together some images of items I like:
http://i45.tinypic.com/2elxlqq.jpg

Obviously I wouldn't get all of it, but it's just some ideas.

What about you?
imma ball til the day i fall

ECH
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: What would you want your room/apartment decor to look li

Post by ECH »

I was going to say Aria's room too! In fact, I just love all of Aria's house because of how dark and cozy it looks.

I also really love Blair's room from Gossip Girl. Like, if I grew up rich, that's what I'd want my room to look like.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

ECH wrote:I was going to say Aria's room too! In fact, I just love all of Aria's house because of how dark and cozy it looks.

I also really love Blair's room from Gossip Girl. Like, if I grew up rich, that's what I'd want my room to look like.
haha great minds think alike (:
Yeah I really love Aria's room. It's totally my taste and it's feminine without being too girly, it's just soft and cozy :3

Brooke.
Debater
Debater

Post by Brooke. »

A lot of people aren't fans of CarlyCristman's new apartment, but I really like it! Quite the opposite of Aria's, so you might not like it haha. I'd like my future house/apartment to look similar.

princessvoldemort
Informer
Informer

Post by princessvoldemort »

I like the sleek, modern European look, like in Ikea.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

I really like this paint color in theory: http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/pain ... damaskrose

or this one, it's warmer which I think I like more
http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/roselace
Last edited by Angie V on Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

Brooke. wrote:A lot of people aren't fans of CarlyCristman's new apartment, but I really like it! Quite the opposite of Aria's, so you might not like it haha. I'd like my future house/apartment to look similar.
Is that the one with the desk with the ruffles in her living room? Or did she move?

Brooke.
Debater
Debater

Post by Brooke. »

Angie V wrote:
Brooke. wrote:A lot of people aren't fans of CarlyCristman's new apartment, but I really like it! Quite the opposite of Aria's, so you might not like it haha. I'd like my future house/apartment to look similar.
Is that the one with the desk with the ruffles in her living room? Or did she move?

No, she moved. I'm pretty sure that's from her old apartment. Here's her apartment tour in case you want to watch

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

I'll be moving soon and I'm really excited but I'm not sure yet how I will decorate my room.

PPLs rooms are so pretty too

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

Brooke. wrote:
Angie V wrote:

No, she moved. I'm pretty sure that's from her old apartment. Here's her apartment tour in case you want to watch
Oooh, okay thanks!
Her apartment is nice but all the mirrors are kind of weird XD It's nice, just not my style but if you like it, that's cool!

Sonia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Sonia »

I've never had an apartment that lets me paint the walls - lucky. :( Well, I like cozy eclectic decor and my husband prefers modern/simplistic, but luckily he doesn't care too much so it's mostly up to me. Our apartment is pretty drab at the moment, though. Here's the sort of things I'd like -

peachesnoranges
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by peachesnoranges »

I like Aria's room too but it's personally not for me.

I'm a fan of dark hardwood. The wood just makes everything feel so cozy and warm. Wall colour wise, I think a light grey ( I LOVE GREY) or a beige feels calming and goes well with darker flooring. But I love any grey, beige, or brown wall. Green & brown is one of my favourite colour combinations. They're just so soothing, any room with that combination makes me want to instantly fall asleep lol.

Here are some pictures I like of living rooms. Some are of apartments and some are of houses. :)
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6jqo ... o1_500.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/357d5f446f0d ... o1_500.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me32r ... o1_500.jpg
http://housetohome.media.ipcdigital.co. ... oom137.jpg
http://www.snuut.com/images/2011/11/Mod ... ations.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_2Imdx9tBDI0/S ... 7cb118.jpg

Pinkiegurf24
Debater
Debater

Post by Pinkiegurf24 »

Oh gosh I have this obsession where I'm always redecorating and repainting my room. I'll have it one color now (right not it's salmon) and 6 months later I'll want it another color/style. I think a room I'll really love to have would be one like this:
Bed-
Windows like this-
Sheets like this:

With shiny cherry wood flooring and some other pieces. ahhhh dream...

Brooke.
Debater
Debater

Post by Brooke. »

I also really like Elsie's house from A Beautiful Mess! It's really vintage and cute. I'm not crafty at all and don't have a lot of patience with crafts so I doubt my house could ever look as nice as hers hah http://www.abeautifulmess.com/decorate.html

lalal0ve
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lalal0ve »

Really basic, black and white. But I want my bedroom to be very girly, Cream coloured walls, floral sheets ,etc.

TaylorKnows
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TaylorKnows »

I can't find a full picture but Bay Kennish's bedroom from SWAB. I'm not artistic at all, but it's so amazing.

red_nails7
Learner
Learner

Post by red_nails7 »

I have to say I also love Aria's room :)
It's so cozy and a bit whimsical but in a good way.
Blair Waldorf's room is also really beautiful and concerning beauty gurus I really like Chanelette's room!!

But I also love my current room :D
Hahaa I really wish I could give you guys a room tour :b
My furniture is mostly white but some pieces are darker wood and my wardrobe is cherry wood and white mixed which is pretty cool :)
my walls are white cause sadly I'm not allowed to paint them and the floor is a midtone woodfloor. Everything is a bit old looking or actually old (my oldest piece is from 1887 <3)
to bring some life to it I have some persian carpets and a lot of pictures on the walls and some little decor pieces like for example a mask from venice (in gold and light blue), a litte porcelain dancecouple in baroque clothing, a brass chandlestick that used to be on a piano, a lot of candles, you know stuff like that :) and all textiles (curtains, bed stuff, cushions) are pastel-colored and/or with floral prints :)

When I'm done with uni which will take at least 4 more years I'd love to move to an apartement that was build before 1914, you know the ones with at least 3m ceiling height and huge swing doors and dark wood floor :twit:

Hahaa it's so depressing all the buildings around me (at least in my street) were build before 1900 but the building I live in is from the 40s so no high ceilings for me :b

wow sorry for the long post, I just love to talk about apartement decor and that kind of stuff ... :)
sorry for my bad english, I'm still learning :)

IceIce
Debater
Debater

Post by IceIce »

I personally can't stand an all white room. I really like white walls, with dark hardwood floors. Then I would bring in the colors with paintings, curtains. I like a very simplistic, scandinavian decor. Black/brown, white, and then dark red for curtains, or paintings or carpet/pillows etc.

Oh yeah and no white sitting furniture, couches for example. Chairs, couches, other seating area things have to be dark.

choochy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by choochy »

i adore this thread and the inspirational pics here!

i like clean ecclectic. i don't know if i'm allowed to paint my walls but i have anyways. not all but something to hide the horrid texture of certian walls. perhaps i'll post pictures at some point.
:love2: :love2:

thismustbetheplace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by thismustbetheplace »

Pinkiegurf24 wrote: Bed-
That is a beautiful bed!

I don't like "modern" all black and white minimalist decor, or conversely really brightly colored and "eclectic" decor. I don't want my house to look over-decorated or like a set from a movie. I want it to look clean, neat and organized, but lived in and comfortable. I like soft colors like robin's-egg blue, rose pink, and jade green for wall colors. Nothing heavy like brown or gray, nothing too bright or confontational like yellow, and if it was white it would have to be a matte, muted white.

Victorian-style wood furniture would be nice to have here and there, but I would want most of my wood furniture to have clean lines, like Shaker furniture. The upholstered furniture and beds would have to be huge and comfortable, so that you could just relax and sink into them after a long hard day at work. They would also have to be medium to dark-colored (like a dark green or blue maybe). There would have to be lots of plants everywhere. Also I want to have a Turkish-style carpet in my living room. There would have to be lots of windows and natural light, and also different options for artificial lighting -- soft lighting for relaxing and watching TV, brighter lighting for working. My decor wouldn't really have a theme but would just be pretty things here and there, whatever I thought was beautiful and interesting. I wouldn't want there to be too many decorative items around though because I would feel like the place was cluttered.

Return to “Home”