What would you want your room/apartment decor to look like?

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: What would you want your room/apartment decor to look li

Post by Angie V »

red_nails7 wrote:I have to say I also love Aria's room :)
It's so cozy and a bit whimsical but in a good way.
Blair Waldorf's room is also really beautiful and concerning beauty gurus I really like Chanelette's room!!

But I also love my current room :D
Hahaa I really wish I could give you guys a room tour :b
My furniture is mostly white but some pieces are darker wood and my wardrobe is cherry wood and white mixed which is pretty cool :)
my walls are white cause sadly I'm not allowed to paint them and the floor is a midtone woodfloor. Everything is a bit old looking or actually old (my oldest piece is from 1887 <3)
to bring some life to it I have some persian carpets and a lot of pictures on the walls and some little decor pieces like for example a mask from venice (in gold and light blue), a litte porcelain dancecouple in baroque clothing, a brass chandlestick that used to be on a piano, a lot of candles, you know stuff like that :) and all textiles (curtains, bed stuff, cushions) are pastel-colored and/or with floral prints :)

When I'm done with uni which will take at least 4 more years I'd love to move to an apartement that was build before 1914, you know the ones with at least 3m ceiling height and huge swing doors and dark wood floor :twit:

Hahaa it's so depressing all the buildings around me (at least in my street) were build before 1900 but the building I live in is from the 40s so no high ceilings for me :b

wow sorry for the long post, I just love to talk about apartement decor and that kind of stuff ... :)
The apartment building I live in now was built in the 1880s and just to give you some advice... make sure you seriously inspect the place before you sign a lease and ask a lot of questions. My apartment is so shitty it's ridiculous. I haven't had electricity in my bedroom since August. Thank God my lease ends June 1st.
imma ball til the day i fall

inventive
Informer
Informer

Post by inventive »

I love either complete minimalism or vintage inspired. I love all white and a lot of glass. I don't like eclectic; I find it overstimulating and the excessive colours hurt my eyes. To each their own, though.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17wkjci ... iginal.jpg

^COMPLETELY impractical but a dream, nonetheless.

http://www.digsdigs.com/photos/minimali ... boso-6.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Azlna17hG3Y/T ... design.jpg
http://www.minimalismi.com/wp-content/u ... -03551.jpg

inventive
Informer
Informer

Post by inventive »

xoxod wrote:Image
That is incredible. I'd LOVE something like that.

choochy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by choochy »

i've ordered some supplies and will be doing this to a dresser i have. it isn't exactly this style but the art deco lines are there.

:love2: :love2:

Post by Guest »

I <3 anything shabby chic or a mix of modern and classic, timeless furniture pieces.

Doctor's Companion
Learner
Learner

Post by Doctor's Companion »

I prefer a combination of traditional and feminine decor. Pale pink and white is my favourite colour combination for decorating. Basically, I like my room to be quite "girly" but with traditional, classic type furniture.

I really hate minimalist decor and black and white as a colour combination - it just seems boring to me and really "cold". I prefer bedrooms that seem really cozy instead.

Chelsea
Talker
Talker

Post by Chelsea »

lol just kidding not realistic but imagine hey...
I like modern...big open windows/ a lot of natural light. HATE clutter, like matching throughout generally

Return to “Home”