Decorating Advice

Eleabear57
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Decorating Advice

Post by Eleabear57 »

Hi everyone. I'm moving into a single dorm in the fall and I'm a horrible decorator. I want it to look nice and not just stark and plain. My room is 8' x 11' and the bed will be mid lofted and there will also be a desk in there. It's pretty small by the looks of it. Could anyone give me advice on how to decorate it? I know I will be hanging lights but other than that I don't know what to do. This is the bedding/color scheme I've had since last year. https://www.google.com/search?q=ashley+ ... niAvXBM%3A

ETA: If anyone wants to help and would like to see the undecorated version of the room, pm me :)

staedtler
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: Decorating Advice

Post by staedtler »

My advice is to make it as cozy as possible. You will be spending a lot of time in your dorm, make it homey. You will get homesick too, I decorated my dorm with pictures of my family and friends and pets so I can glance at my wall whenever I felt like going home. One thing that helped me feel more content was to have some of my books from home and I made a little reading nook. Being surrounded by familiar things will make you feel better.

But you also want it to be practical, my desk area had everything I needed to stay organized. Large wall calendar to keep track of due dates, extra storage for stationary etc. If you have a lofted bed, take advantage of the space underneath and get some bins.

kayleeee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kayleeee »

I always liked to hang up christmas/fairy lights. I would have those on at night, with the overhead light off, for watching tv and relaxing. They made a nice vibe for unwinding at the end of the day.

A small area rug too is nice to have, especially if your room has tile.
lazygirlbusyworld.wordpress.com check out my blog

KenPatrick
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by KenPatrick »

I'll do the same as kayleeee. Go for it

Steve44
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Steve44 »

Hi there! I'm so interested in this topic. By the way, I'm thinking of replacing the exterior doors in the house, but I want them to be beautiful and fit my home design. Does anyone have any advice on this?

Kelly45
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Kelly45 »

Hi there! I want to share my experience with you,
Last edited by Kelly45 on Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Home”