Cleanliness Movtivation?

princessbubblegum
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Cleanliness Movtivation?

Post by princessbubblegum »

Hey! SO I always feel way more happy when I have my room/ car super clean, everything all nice and orginized, and what not BUT I am so bad at it! I will clean everything all nice, and try and stay on top of everything and then i will slack off really bad and let everything go to hell intell I am embaressed/cant stand the mess anymore.

So my question is..

how do you guys stay clean, and on top of everything? What are the best motivation skills you have?

I can just get so lax about it all, and then when I see how nice everyone else has there room etc. and I think how do they ALWAYS have it that nice!

SO let me know what are the things that get you to stay motivated everyday!!! <3

Decayedbeauty
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Cleanliness Movtivation?

Post by Decayedbeauty »

Cleaning burns calories. That's my big motivation, I also put on music when I clean.

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo »

I think the best way to stay on top of it is to do little and often. For example, when I get in from work I go through my post whilst my dinner is cooking. I have friends who just throw it on the kitchen table and at the end of the week have a mountain to deal with. When the commercials come on TV I will get up and put a few things away or fill up the washing up bowl and put stuff in to soak. When I get out of my car I always take my rubbish with me.

Staying clutter-free really helps too. I pretty much halved my possessions last year as I was getting sick of the clutter. Now I find I can clean my whole flat top to bottom in a couple of hours because it's not full of crap.

MakeupGirly
Informer
Informer

Post by MakeupGirly »

Uh, I need some motivation.
I started cleaning out my closet and threw so much crap away. Still not finished, but I need some more bags to bag off stuff I don't want any more. My room also really needs a good clean, I've got clothes all over the floor and just crap everywhere. I'm too embarassed to have any one come in here. I'm not a organised person by nature what so ever. I really want to have my room nice and neat by Christmas though. I have time at the weekends, but during the week I am sooo tired since I've to be up so damn early for college and don't get back till late evening.

pandaaa
Informer
Informer

Post by pandaaa »

treat yourself after keeping up with the little bits of cleaning here and there.
i will allow myself to buy makeup :) thats a good motivation for me haha

iamamop
Learner
Learner

Post by iamamop »

I think the biggest tip I have for cleaning is do it every day. Make it a routine habit--similar to brushing your teeth--every night to go through your house/apartment/room and pick up any dirty dishes, put clothes in laundry or in drawers, and clean off your desk. This should take 10-20 minutes. If it never piles up you never have to do a massive cleaning thing. Another big thing is to ask what is causing you to be disorganized and try to solve that.

For me it was that I was trying to put all my stuff in a dresser without any sort of system. Shits were with sweaters and shorts and skirts and sometimes socks. My husband and I swapped dressers (he has more drawers than me) and suddenly the problem of clothes being everywhere went away because things actually had a place. Previously, every time I wanted to find something I had to dig through everything else to get to it in the drawer. Now I no longer have to pull things out of the drawer to find what I need.

volleyball201211
Debater
Debater

Post by volleyball201211 »

my motivation is... well, i'm OCD... my motivation is if I don't do it, I'll have a panic attack, which isn't fun. :P
I LOVE CHEEZ-ITS. ESPECIALLY THE FOUR CHEESE ONES
Green Day is the best band in the world
GuruGossip is my reddit

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

I have absolutely no motivation to clean. I put in 50-60 hours of work/week most of the time and I'm too burnt out to then also clean the house, especially since my husband is basically a human tazmanian devil (think Taz from Looney Tunes). Because of that, we have hired housekeepers who come once per week and help me keep our house clean and also help with the laundry. If we didn't have housekeepers, I think I would probably go insane! :?

kittykat

Post by kittykat »

I just think about how once it's done, it's done. You'll have a nice clean room that will be much nicer to live in. And once you start fresh, it's easier to keep up with it. My car is pretty much spotless, and the only reason it is is because I just don't leave anything in it. If I put something in it, I take it out and put it back in it's place when I'm done needing it. You can think of your room that way too. Once it's clean, all you have it the upkeep! I know how difficult it is though because I'm not naturally super organized. Good luck! :D

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

I like to have my space clean and that's how I grew up. Both my parents are neat freaks and their house is always SPOTLESS, and we have a cat so that's saying something. Even my cat won't use his litter box if the sand hasn't been changed in a while (there will be no poop in it, just the sand isn't as clean as he'd like it to be). He'll just hold it in and meow to kingdom come until someone understands why he's whining.

So that's how I keep my room in my apartment. Unfortunately, I live with two roommates, and one of them does not share my sentiment, so it drives me crazy when the common spaces are messy and dirty. I just can't relax if I live in a messy space, and I think about it constantly until it gets cleaned.

So I guess that's my motivation? Peace of mind? I'm a senior in college and have work and I make time to clean. I have six-hour classes, often multiple ones in a day, and then I work on my assignments at home until usually about 2 or 3 in the morning, then get up at 8 for class or work or both. I usually clean stuff as I go, just pick up after myself, and then do a more deep cleaning session one day a week.
imma ball til the day i fall

hellukittu
Informer
Informer

Post by hellukittu »

i'm a virgo, so i'm a total neat freak. i didn't use to be like that when i was living with my parents (i mean i was still neat, and cleaned my room every week), but since i got my own apartment, i've been cleaning it like crazy. i just see how my (glass!! always a good choice..) table gets all nasty and then i have to clean it. there's so much dust flying about all the time though, and i can't figure out why (probably from moving around all the time). but my motivation is my own sight. i like it when things are clean and when everything has its place, and i just hate it when things lay about. if your room is clean it's also much easier to relax in it. it's also good to clean often - as soon as you see something's dirty - clean it! it saves a lot of time in the end
just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right

Return to “Home”