Advice on downsizing??

thal89
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Advice on downsizing??

Post by thal89 »

Hey everyone! I've been lurking on this site for a while, and I occasionally post. I have to say, I enjoy so many of the threads here, and the personalities I come across. I thought this would be a good place to possibly get some opinions/tips and tricks on downsizing. My husband is a RN, and will officially become a travel nurse in January. I'll be along for the ride. :) We're so so SO excited to travel, but we have so many preparations to make in the meantime.

Do any of you have any experience with downsizing? I would appreciate any tips on how to decide what to keep, purging, storage, and/or selling items. Our goal is to travel with the very basics (i.e. clothes, shoes, health and beauty products, and our dogs). Anything we decide to keep will be stored for at least a year, maybe two.

Thanks in advance!! :D

Shameless
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Advice on downsizing??

Post by Shameless »

Wow, congrats to your husband. The travelling sounds like a lot of fun :D

I've found that the best way to do it is to box up all the crap that you don't need and shove it in a garage/shed/attic for a couple of months. If you don't find yourself needing to go and retrieve something from the boxes, then you don't need it, so you can happily get rid of it.

The only real exception to this is things such as seasonal clothing and tools/power tools.

Return to “Home”