Post a picture of your room!

whatsername_
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Post a picture of your room!

Post by whatsername_ »

ArtichokeHearts wrote:It isn't a joking matter... but I can't stop you or anyone from doing anything. Just giving fair warning.

In all seriousness, how can someone find my home from a picture of my bed?
It's not the outside of my house, with my house numbers in plain view, or even my street.

Just seems a little unnecessarily paranoid.

ohnoshebetterdont
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ohnoshebetterdont »

#BYEFELICIA

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

astoldbyashleigh_ wrote:Kleineganz! Question: where did you get those storage things? They're so cute.
I got them at Target. They come in a variety of colors.

ArtichokeHearts
Talker
Talker

Post by ArtichokeHearts »

astoldbyashleigh_ wrote:
ArtichokeHearts wrote:It isn't a joking matter... but I can't stop you or anyone from doing anything. Just giving fair warning.

It's not the outside of my house, with my house numbers in plain view, or even my street.

The last part was unnecessary (and so was your other response). Just trying to help no need to be immature... But okay. If you think those are the only things that reveals where live, you really need to reevaluate. I don't know what it takes to find out and also pretty much every casual Internet user too and that is why it so iffy. I've seen the most vague photos (which include interiors like a room) from unsuspecting strangers and Redditand4chan were still able to find out the owner's identity and address. If you don't believe me then I dare you to browse those sites. They don't need your face or your house number or anything like that.

BTW, there has already been some people on GG that has had their identity revealed but something tell me simply telling you that won't be enough for you. I am not going to reveal that site; they contain info of real people.

But like I said, I can't stop you or anyone else to do what you want too nor is it my place. I don't know how old you are but if you are not a minor then power to you. Just giving fair warning, it is YOUR choice what you want to do.

guestgue

Post by guestgue »

I will say that posting a picture of your interior can in fact give away your location, so Artichoke is not crazy.

Simply put, if you're taking picture on your cell phone (which most people do these days) and have your GPS turned on it logs the location and encrypts it into the file. There was actually something on the news about this last week.

So seriously, stop patronizing her (I know you guys said it in a light-hearted way, but still..). She wasn't being cruel and was just trying to help. If you don't want to partake in the advice, that's fine. It's your call. But please just leave it at that.

If you guys want to read up on exactly what goes on with it:
http://www.confidentialresource.com/201 ... was-taken/
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/12/techn ... .html?_r=0
http://living.msn.com/tech/technobabble ... 24b245deef

lacrymosa
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by lacrymosa »

If that's the case then posting any picture is dangerous, no? Whether it be of a dog or a bedroom, they still have the same encrypted data. :shrug: Glad i always turn off GPS :o

whatsername_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by whatsername_ »

ArtichokeHearts wrote:
astoldbyashleigh_ wrote:

The last part was unnecessary (and so was your other response). Just trying to help no need to be immature... But okay. If you think those are the only things that reveals where live, you really need to reevaluate. I don't know what it takes to find out and also pretty much every casual Internet user too and that is why it so iffy. I've seen the most vague photos (which include interiors like a room) from unsuspecting strangers and Redditand4chan were still able to find out the owner's identity and address. If you don't believe me then I dare you to browse those sites. They don't need your face or your house number or anything like that.

BTW, there has already been some people on GG that has had their identity revealed but something tell me simply telling you that won't be enough for you. I am not going to reveal that site; they contain info of real people.

But like I said, I can't stop you or anyone else to do what you want too nor is it my place. I don't know how old you are but if you are not a minor then power to you. Just giving fair warning, it is YOUR choice what you want to do.

If its my choice, then stop pushing it. I'm not being immature. People here know my real name/location.
I just think it was unnecessary for you to make this such a big deal. I'm not a minor and haven't been one for a while.
Chill out.

Return to “Home”