Help me decorate my living room!

eahyp7
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Help me decorate my living room!

Post by eahyp7 »

Hello! So at 25, and after 6 years of having roommates I am more than ready to live ALONE. Only problem is, I don't have any living room furniture.. but also kind of exciting to get to decorate! I love decorating but am very insecure and don't really know what looks good together so thought I'd ask for your advice. I like the gray/yellow theme and the gray/teal theme that has been very popular recently. But after trying to decorate my bedroom in teal it is apparent that there are a million kids of teal and very hard to match. So I think I am going to go with gray/yellow with a little muted teal thrown in there. I have been looking at some gray couches and found this ottoman.

It is marked as "teal" although it looked very muted to me (which I like) and more on the gray color spectrum.
ottoman.png
What do you think of matching that ottoman with gray couches similar to this one? This is not what I'm getting, but similar.
couch.jpg
And then to add in some yellow do a side table or tv stand like one of these? These are from target and super cute but I may go to a resale shop and just do them myself.
tables.png
I was thinking the gray tv stand (one with glass doors) and the yellow side table for a pop of color. And then some yellow couch pillows, wall décor, etc?

I mostly want to know what you guys think of the ottoman with basic gray couches. I don't want to spend over $1000 on this. Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Help me decorate my living room!

Post by loopyloo »

I love the ottoman. I'm not loving the couches, but I find furniture can totally be transformed when you put it in the room. Do you know how close the grey is? I would want the shade of grey the couch and the shade of grey on the ottoman to be very similar. I think you would need some teal cushions on the couches to bring it all together. Are the companies these items come from ones that are likely to send you a fabric swatch? It makes it so much easier if you have some swatches you can take shopping with you. What colour walls/floors are you going for?

eahyp7
Learner
Learner

Re: Help me decorate my living room!

Post by eahyp7 »

The ottoman isn't actually gray, it's a more teal color so it wont match perfectly which is why I'm a little nervous but hoping I can pull it all together.. I think teal pillows to match the ottoman is a good idea to get it to blend together. I still want to incorporate yellow but maybe I can find some pillows that are teal with a little yellow and then do accent decorations with yellow. What do you think about doing something like the yellow side table and/tv stand ? It's a little out of my comfort zone but that's kind of what I'm going for.

wall color and floor color wont really apply, I'm renting so don't have much say in that.

Return to “Home”