FUTBOL.

paperbackwriter
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

FUTBOL.

Post by paperbackwriter »

Just thought I'd distinguish it from American football. Do you watch? What clubs do you support?

Fadia Fiji
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: FUTBOL.

Post by Fadia Fiji »

FC Barcelona :D

paperbackwriter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Fadia Fiji wrote:FC Barcelona :D
Good answer! Not sure if I love Barca more than I hate Madrid...I think I must hate Madrid more! Did you cry when Pep left? I did ;_;

paperbackwriter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Nobody else is going to answer so I'll just share anyway ;_;

I got into it watching Man U so they'll always have a special place in my heart, but I like the way Tottenham plays better. And I respect Arsenal. Everyone else can eff right off.

In the Bundesliga, I support FC Bayern Munchen and only them.

Then Barcelona in La Liga, I also am intrigued by Betis but I HATE MADRID SO MUCH. For political reasons and football rivalry reasons.

I haven't had much experience with French teams, but maybe I should? They are not a great league. I only really know about Lyon, Marseille, and PSG.

Fadia Fiji
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Fadia Fiji »

paperbackwriter wrote:
Fadia Fiji wrote:FC Barcelona :D
Good answer! Not sure if I love Barca more than I hate Madrid...I think I must hate Madrid more! Did you cry when Pep left? I did ;_;
it sucks that he left! he was family...

x_bethanyy
Informer
Informer

Post by x_bethanyy »

Schalke! And the German NT, which is awkward since I live in England 8-)

I also kinda have a soft spot for Bayern :oops: I know I shouldn't have! I think it's more that I support and admire the players rather than the team, if that makes sense.

I only really follow the Bundesliga.

paperbackwriter
Gossiper
Gossiper

x_bethanyy wrote:Schalke! And the German NT, which is awkward since I live in England 8-)

I also kinda have a soft spot for Bayern :oops: I know I shouldn't have! I think it's more that I support and admire the players rather than the team, if that makes sense.

I only really follow the Bundesliga.
Well the Bundesliga is awesome :O I'm going to be in Alsace...shit, tomorrow...for a while so I'm hoping to go to a few matches, shouldn't be hard.
And Bayern is a good team on principle, I suppose...of course, I just love them anyway! They've got a lot of great players who are really good people too.
You feel the way about Bayern that I do about Man U...I have an attachment and a lot of players I loved played for them but most of them have gone now... :|

sofkop
Lurker
Lurker

FOOTBALL or (Soccer)

Post by sofkop »

Here I go again. Another genius thread idea in the last two minutes haha..

I am a humungous football fan, Liverpool supporter till I die and admirer of lots of players from different clubs, i'm not fussed... I know there are lots of girls who are the same as me! We need a place to talk footie matches (how about that El Clasico just gone!?! Messi vs Ronaldo at it's best! Wish Messi came out on top), shocking referring, WAGS and most importantly.. HOOTTTTIIEESS.

My favourite atm is Olivier Giroud, oh God that man is sex on legs!

Commence

peachesnoranges
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by peachesnoranges »

FORZA MILAN!! Even though I barely get to watch any matches due to school work. :(

pandaaa
Informer
Informer

Post by pandaaa »

Hala Madrid!! <3

sofkop
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sofkop »

LIVERRRRPOOOOOOL FC <3

YNWA!

paperbackwriter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: FOOTBALL or (Soccer)

sofkop wrote:Here I go again. Another genius thread idea in the last two minutes haha..

I am a humungous football fan, Liverpool supporter till I die and admirer of lots of players from different clubs, i'm not fussed... I know there are lots of girls who are the same as me! We need a place to talk footie matches (how about that El Clasico just gone!?! Messi vs Ronaldo at it's best! Wish Messi came out on top), shocking referring, WAGS and most importantly.. HOOTTTTIIEESS.

Commence
Thank you for appearing guys I was afraid I was just looking like a dumbass forever :O
And nice to see you haven't jumped OFF the bandwagon...I go to school with a guy who is a 'Liverpool fan until death' who, now that you all aren't doing as hot as you were, stopped wearing things and now just wears his Madrid shirt all the time. Fair weather fans, sigh...
And I could barely watch El Clasico :( the internet stream was horrible here. Wish Messi had come out on top too, I think Barcelona has better players overall and less ones that make me want to cry when I see them (this is Özil ---> :shock: ) but I got the sense that absolutely nothing was being called...just wish I could have seen the whole thing!

I did go to Bayern/Hoffenheim Oktoberfest weekend...that was...interesting. As a student I could only afford tickets in the away section so I had to be very quiet and respectful but they were drunk and belligerent. Two good goals from Ribéry, time to be shallow now I wish Müller hadn't gotten hurt because he's the hottest and Ribéry sort of looks like a magician.

sofkop
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sofkop »

paperbackwriter wrote:
sofkop wrote:Here I go again. Another genius thread idea in the last two minutes haha..

Commence
Thank you for appearing guys I was afraid I was just looking like a dumbass forever :O
And nice to see you haven't jumped OFF the bandwagon...I go to school with a guy who is a 'Liverpool fan until death' who, now that you all aren't doing as hot as you were, stopped wearing things and now just wears his Madrid shirt all the time. Fair weather fans, sigh...
And I could barely watch El Clasico :( the internet stream was horrible here. Wish Messi had come out on top too, I think Barcelona has better players overall and less ones that make me want to cry when I see them (this is Özil ---> :shock: ) but I got the sense that absolutely nothing was being called...just wish I could have seen the whole thing!

I did go to Bayern/Hoffenheim Oktoberfest weekend...that was...interesting. As a student I could only afford tickets in the away section so I had to be very quiet and respectful but they were drunk and belligerent. Two good goals from Ribéry, time to be shallow now I wish Müller hadn't gotten hurt because he's the hottest and Ribéry sort of looks like a magician.
Oh geeze how pathetic is that. Football fandom aint even about winning. Obviously that's great but if it were everyone would just support the teams who were flying.. which changes all the time. Winning one match with Liverpool makes me happier than watching Man City win the league. I can't fake it. If I could I obviously wouldn't support L'pool but who knows good times could be coming back. Anyone would think we'd been relegated from the way people speak about us.. just shows how high the expectations are for the reds. A good thing kinda.

I have a Gooner mate who spends all his time going on about how much he loves 'The Arsenal' 'Gooner till I die' but when they do crap he doesn't even watch the matches or talk about them. He pretends they don't exist and switches his attention to Bayern Munich. Cringe. When 8-2 happened I called him to gloat naturally considering all the calls I got when Liveprool were in the relegation zone under Hodgson and he pretended like he didn't know Arsenal were even playing. Correct me if I'm wrong but if that had been Liverpool I'd have probably been near suicidal. Maybe he's a faker who can't take the stick but idk.. he's a bit of a coward in that respect I support. Liverpool could get relegated for all I care and I'd wear my shirt always. Who gives a damn!!

I read that going to matches in Germany is extraordinaly cheap. My mate said going to an away match at Dortmund (travel and tickets) was cheaper than watching his Chelsea at home. How ridiculous is that? Is it true? Hahaha I think Mario Gomez is the hottest in Bayern.. not too keen on Muller, my mate is obsessed with him though :o

No the El Clasico was of better quality than usual. Not much as much contentious decisions, wild fouling and blatant diving. Just pure football. Both Barca and Madrid had chances to win it, both could feel aggrieved having not but a point was decent for both I suppose. I wish Barca had won, I just love Leo Messi :) He's adorable and CR is hardly loveable.

pandaaa
Informer
Informer

Post by pandaaa »

paperbackwriter wrote:

Commence

lol omg so true! hahahaha
i love him. hes a brilliant player and adorable hehe but he was such a jerk when i met the real madrid team. got everybody's autographs except for his :x

paperbackwriter
Gossiper
Gossiper

sofkop wrote:
paperbackwriter wrote:

Commence

Oh geeze how pathetic is that. Football fandom aint even about winning. Obviously that's great but if it were everyone would just support the teams who were flying.. which changes all the time. Winning one match with Liverpool makes me happier than watching Man City win the league. I can't fake it. If I could I obviously wouldn't support L'pool but who knows good times could be coming back. Anyone would think we'd been relegated from the way people speak about us.. just shows how high the expectations are for the reds. A good thing kinda.

I have a Gooner mate who spends all his time going on about how much he loves 'The Arsenal' 'Gooner till I die' but when they do crap he doesn't even watch the matches or talk about them. He pretends they don't exist and switches his attention to Bayern Munich. Cringe. When 8-2 happened I called him to gloat naturally considering all the calls I got when Liveprool were in the relegation zone under Hodgson and he pretended like he didn't know Arsenal were even playing. Correct me if I'm wrong but if that had been Liverpool I'd have probably been near suicidal. Maybe he's a faker who can't take the stick but idk.. he's a bit of a coward in that respect I support. Liverpool could get relegated for all I care and I'd wear my shirt always. Who gives a damn!!

I read that going to matches in Germany is extraordinaly cheap. My mate said going to an away match at Dortmund (travel and tickets) was cheaper than watching his Chelsea at home. How ridiculous is that? Is it true? Hahaha I think Mario Gomez is the hottest in Bayern.. not too keen on Muller, my mate is obsessed with him though :o

No the El Clasico was of better quality than usual. Not much as much contentious decisions, wild fouling and blatant diving. Just pure football. Both Barca and Madrid had chances to win it, both could feel aggrieved having not but a point was decent for both I suppose. I wish Barca had won, I just love Leo Messi :) He's adorable and CR is hardly loveable.
It really isn't! I'm not a religious person so it sort of feels like a religion to me, but I don't just imagine people switch religious denominations willy-nilly when things aren't going so hot...I know that's a stupid comparison and sorry if I offended anyone, but actually having been at a match this past weekend for the first time (I lived in the US most of my life so not so easy to come out and see matches) and actually cried because I was so happy, it certainly feels like something religious.

I can't stand people who do that. I used to tease my friends at school last year about matches their clubs would lose, especially to really bad teams, and at first I thought they were just ignoring me but then i realized THEY ACTUALLY HADN'T SEEN THEM. Now I understand a lot of people at college have a hard time watching especially when the internet streams are bad/ESPN drops your league/etc but you could at least read the ESPN live update or something? Something? But no.

I've also noticed that Bayern has GAINED a lot of fair weather fans because we're doing so well this season and that could be why the tickets were expensive, also I bought them much later than I should have. Transportation there was not that expensive but I think your friend might not be lying and that it was just more expensive for me because it was a home match in Munich DURING Oktoberfest which is a prime time to jack up the prices, I think. Oh and Mario Gomez is beautiful. Müller looks like a German guy who was an exchange student last year who was really attractive so I think I am superimposing the German student's attractiveness onto Müller, but either way I think he is nice to look at!

I REALLY wish I could have watched El Clasico then, I saw fifteen seconds here and there but my internet connection is just too awful :( too bad, too, because I love not diving...blatant diving makes me crazy. And also the lack of very upsetting racism this season has made me feel happier too.

When people are like who is better Ronaldo or Messi I am like is this even a question...? I really did think Barça would win because they have more of 'the best' players; Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, etc, etc, also Piqué who will live in infamy for impregnating Shakira, and even the sort of not as celebrated ones are great. That is why I love watching the Spanish national team too, because then Piqué and Ramos are paired and to me they just seem like two stupid, happy, big dumb puppies that play well together and I just think it's nice. I call them Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum from time to time.

Return to “Sports”