Claire Mooch-elle Part 2 - Picking up Scams, Dropping Projects & Pets (Claire Michelle)

Post Reply
ngo1111
Debater
Debater
Posts: 230
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:42 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Claire Mooch-elle Part 2 - Picking up Scams, Dropping Projects & Pets (Claire Michelle)

Post by ngo1111 » Thu May 23, 2019 8:33 am

\

What did she say about their new YT channel? I must have missed that:/
[/quote]

i don't remember exactly, I think it was a promotion of their channel, saying she was proud of them, but then deleted it soon after. Perhaps they are all meeting up in Bali, but that doesn't seem like a smart business practice to hold those retreats during the same time. Seems like direct competition for both of them. Did claire take Allie's "transpire" retreat idea and make it hers? They are using the same "transpire" video Allie Michelle made to promote both events, but no mention of the other's retreat.

slicker
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 529
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:44 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 213 times

Re: Claire Mooch-elle Part 2 - Picking up Scams, Dropping Projects & Pets (Claire Michelle)

Post by slicker » Thu May 23, 2019 10:15 am

Is anyone really surprised? Claire has had a scary obsession with mimicking Allie since the beginning of her spiritual journey. And Allie is so light, she doesn't even hold a grudge off someone getting a bigger following than her by copying HER entire aesthetic and purpose. It's odd.

User avatar
kahlawim
Learner
Learner
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:03 pm
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 70 times

Re: Claire Mooch-elle Part 2 - Picking up Scams, Dropping Projects & Pets (Claire Michelle)

Post by kahlawim » Tue May 28, 2019 11:37 am

two things:

1) looks like Claire and Ricky got a new cat based on their insta stories- his said ‘about to give you the chillest life, can’t wait to meditate with you’ and I feel like this will just be another animal they will abandon sadly.

2) this photo on Claire’s story really looks like she’s been photoshopped her boobs, all of her photos seem like that because I don’t really feel like her boobs can’t change in that size and shape unless she’s either pregnant, gained weight, pressing them down with her hands making them appear larger, or photoshop. And I say this because I have almost the exactly same body type than Claire except I’m 5’9” and am slightly thicker in the thigh/ass region but I my legs and everything else are similar to hers, and my boobs to and I know how to make them appear larger and it’s exactly what she does, and I don’t see how she would have the body type that she’s always had but then suddenly grow boobs. Is there such things as boob injections? I could see her doing something like that lol.





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnimalFarm2
Talker
Talker
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:29 pm
Has thanked: 73 times
Been thanked: 70 times

Re: Claire Mooch-elle Part 2 - Picking up Scams, Dropping Projects & Pets (Claire Michelle)

Post by AnimalFarm2 » Tue May 28, 2019 12:39 pm

kahlawim wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 11:37 am
two things:

1) looks like Claire and Ricky got a new cat based on their insta stories- his said ‘about to give you the chillest life, can’t wait to meditate with you’ and I feel like this will just be another animal they will abandon sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I've been seeing them show her (Luna) and I keep wondering how they adopted her when they seem to be in Hawaii. My guess is that they'll leave her behind the way they did with Cosmo the dog in Bali.

smangie07
Learner
Learner
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:57 am
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 38 times

Re: Claire Mooch-elle Part 2 - Picking up Scams, Dropping Projects & Pets (Claire Michelle)

Post by smangie07 » Wed May 29, 2019 10:25 am

kahlawim wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 11:37 am
two things:

1) looks like Claire and Ricky got a new cat based on their insta stories- his said ‘about to give you the chillest life, can’t wait to meditate with you’ and I feel like this will just be another animal they will abandon sadly.

2) this photo on Claire’s story really looks like she’s been photoshopped her boobs, all of her photos seem like that because I don’t really feel like her boobs can’t change in that size and shape unless she’s either pregnant, gained weight, pressing them down with her hands making them appear larger, or photoshop. And I say this because I have almost the exactly same body type than Claire except I’m 5’9” and am slightly thicker in the thigh/ass region but I my legs and everything else are similar to hers, and my boobs to and I know how to make them appear larger and it’s exactly what she does, and I don’t see how she would have the body type that she’s always had but then suddenly grow boobs. Is there such things as boob injections? I could see her doing something like that lol.
Claire posted a while ago that she had "manifested" her dream house in Hawaii so I presume they live there now, which would explain the cat- of course she's never been one to actually settle down and it's probably just a rental so it's anybodies guess how long they actually stay there, would not surprise me if they just dump the cat on one of her many 'friends' out there.

She's definitely gained weight (which is 100% a great thing) since she met Ricky- the whole tirade of going through a 'second puberty', him praying to make her boobs and butt bigger- to me it just looks like she actually started eating properly and her body finally caught up after years of very obvious ED. A couple years ago when I first came across all the YT vegans I remember watching her and Stella Rae vlogs and they would just eat huge bowls of cherrios with almond milk and maple syrup and potatoes and lettuce- and then go on and on about how they were still hungry, um yeah, obviously...

I mean, she definitely could have gotten a boob job too- Her hair is fake, her eyelashes are fake, she photoshops everything anyways, why not just get a boob job? If she's back in Hawaii with her old crew maybe she ran into Eva and got a referral for Eva's cosmetic surgeon?? lol

Popped into social blade and looks like she been consistently losing subs again anyways- hard to keep people around when she's just posting to sell overpriced retreats and copied content...

MerMaidKelp
Learner
Learner
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:21 am
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Claire Mooch-elle Part 2 - Picking up Scams, Dropping Projects & Pets (Claire Michelle)

Post by MerMaidKelp » Thu May 30, 2019 8:49 am

Again on her story today with her boobs looking VERY large and Ricky saying that he prayed for them to get bigger by envisioning Claire's higher self or something ... dude she ate some food for the first time in years. That's literally what happened. Now she doesn't have the body of a stunted 8-year-old.

ngo1111
Debater
Debater
Posts: 230
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:42 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Claire Mooch-elle Part 2 - Picking up Scams, Dropping Projects & Pets (Claire Michelle)

Post by ngo1111 » Thu May 30, 2019 9:34 am

q: how did your boobs grow?
Ricky answers: I imagined her higher self and what you give attention to grows.
apparently a key aspect to Claire's "higher self" is a bigger bra size, cuz you know, big boobs are a path to enlightenment.
Wonder if she's imagining Ricky's higher self and a bigger D. He's really counting on her manifestation skills for this one.

If a dude said that about me I would tell him to gtfo. Her boobs are pretty average sized ya'll, she gained some weight and some of the weight went to her chest. That is all. I actually think Ricky is obsessed with the idea of Claire, pretty, blond, popular. Maybe it's his first girlfriend, too? Would be great if he would stop objectifying her online, though, makes them both look like idiots.

But I wouldn't put it passed her to get cosmetic surgery. I wouldn't put it passed anyone who is using their looks for viewers, monetary gain, popularity etc. I have honestly wondered if she had the bridge of her nose shaved...just a suspicion.

kiran1
Informer
Informer
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:46 pm
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 284 times

Re: Claire Mooch-elle Part 2 - Picking up Scams, Dropping Projects & Pets (Claire Michelle)

Post by kiran1 » Thu May 30, 2019 10:52 am

My weight always comes on and off in my breasts. Now that I'm thin again they are just sad deflsted sacks lol so I can totally see it just being that she is actually eating food! I'll tell my partner to pay more attention to them so they can ascend to their higher enlightened titty-self.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk


hereforthegossip127
Learner
Learner
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:54 pm
Has thanked: 98 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Re: Claire Mooch-elle Part 2 - Picking up Scams, Dropping Projects & Pets (Claire Michelle)

Post by hereforthegossip127 » Thu May 30, 2019 11:22 am

Your breasts will get bigger... if you wish it hard enough? Thanks, Rick, for putting an ugly, sneering laugh to my face after a disastrous exam. I'm at risk of alienating people who genuinely believe in this Law of Attraction thing, but this is WACK. I agree with a previous poster who said it might be because of her weight gain (good for her) rather than some wishing upon a star bullshit... Not everyone can afford to live in their little fantasy world, no matter how hard they try to shill it. Please, please, please, don't take advice from this kid! Success comes with effort— and it is the only true reflection of "manifestation" that yields results. Most importantly, we can't blame ourselves for circumstances outside our control; such forgiveness should be extended to others too. The amount of victim-blaming I've seen come with this hoo-ha is staggering.

Really sorry to go off-topic, I really needed to get the point across as I believe these pseudo-spiritualists are giving truly spiritual people a bad name in an effort to conceal their own appalling behaviour.

ngo1111
Debater
Debater
Posts: 230
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:42 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Claire Mooch-elle Part 2 - Picking up Scams, Dropping Projects & Pets (Claire Michelle)

Post by ngo1111 » Thu May 30, 2019 11:38 am

hereforthegossip127 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 11:22 am
Your breasts will get bigger... if you wish it hard enough? Thanks, Rick, for putting an ugly, sneering laugh to my face after a disastrous exam. I'm at risk of alienating people who genuinely believe in this Law of Attraction thing, but this is WACK. I agree with a previous poster who said it might be because of her weight gain (good for her) rather than some wishing upon a star bullshit... Not everyone can afford to live in their little fantasy world, no matter how hard they try to shill it. Please, please, please, don't take advice from this kid! Success comes with effort— and it is the only true reflection of "manifestation" that yields results. Most importantly, we can't blame ourselves for circumstances outside our control; such forgiveness should be extended to others too. The amount of victim-blaming I've seen come with this hoo-ha is staggering.

Really sorry to go off-topic, I really needed to get the point across as I believe these pseudo-spiritualists are giving truly spiritual people a bad name in an effort to conceal their own appalling behaviour.
Yes yes and more yes! Thank you!

I went on a tangent once and started reading more about LOA, The Secret, Abraham Hicks (Esther and her husband) and it was eye opening. Really wish any one of these fake gurus would take the time to research what they preach.

User avatar
HaveSomeMilk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:00 am
Has thanked: 281 times
Been thanked: 600 times

Re: Claire Mooch-elle Part 2 - Picking up Scams, Dropping Projects & Pets (Claire Michelle)

Post by HaveSomeMilk » Thu May 30, 2019 3:23 pm

I had a boyfriend once that used to make comments indicating that not only did he find larger (than mine) breasts attractive but that he also wished my boobs were bigger.

He didn't last particularly long.

Why keep anyone around that makes you feel like you aren't enough for them?

Fuck men like Ricky

hereforthegossip127
Learner
Learner
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:54 pm
Has thanked: 98 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Re: Claire Mooch-elle Part 2 - Picking up Scams, Dropping Projects & Pets (Claire Michelle)

Post by hereforthegossip127 » Thu May 30, 2019 4:04 pm

HaveSomeMilk wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 3:23 pm
I had a boyfriend once that used to make comments indicating that not only did he find larger (than mine) breasts attractive but that he also wished my boobs were bigger.

He didn't last particularly long.

Why keep anyone around that makes you feel like you aren't enough for them?

Fuck men like Ricky
If he wanted bigger breasts, he should get surgery on himself!

MerMaidKelp
Learner
Learner
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:21 am
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Claire Mooch-elle Part 2 - Picking up Scams, Dropping Projects & Pets (Claire Michelle)

Post by MerMaidKelp » Fri May 31, 2019 8:24 am

HaveSomeMilk wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 3:23 pm
I had a boyfriend once that used to make comments indicating that not only did he find larger (than mine) breasts attractive but that he also wished my boobs were bigger.

He didn't last particularly long.

Why keep anyone around that makes you feel like you aren't enough for them?

Fuck men like Ricky
Right? It's mortifying to me that someone who preaches self-love doesn't recognize the absolute sadcringe of letting him comment on how he has wished and prayed and manifested bigger breasts for her. That should be a RED FLAG in any relationship and certainly not something she should be proud of broadcasting to her impressionable young audience. Love yourself, accept yourself, EXCEPT of course if a man thinks your breasts are too small! Then you should definitely alter yourself to be whatever his preference is. Good lord, Claire. Your soul mate, love of your life would not talk about you this way in private, let alone in public in front of thousands of followers.

Pearl+sweetie
Learner
Learner
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 4:55 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 141 times

Re: Claire Mooch-elle Part 2 - Picking up Scams, Dropping Projects & Pets (Claire Michelle)

Post by Pearl+sweetie » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:13 pm

CatBurglar wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:14 pm


Also. Her huge butt & thick thighs are 100% the creation of her boyfriend's desires. Heard him being pretty obsessed over butt & boobs in many of her videos. Gross. She used to be the opposite, she loved to be skinny. It would've been good if she would've change her mindset for her, not for her idiot byfriend. She obviously did it for him. It might not even be her natural body, maybe she's enhancing it a little in Photoshop...because it seems like she "grew" pretty fast. Then again, maybe she really stopped being vegan and started to eat like a pig. :)
Im pretty sure it's facetune. Its super easy to make your ass look bigger without it seemeing obvious in facetune. I did this as an experiment with my own photos sent them to my friends who know what my nature body looks like and they replied "Instagram makes sense now"

smangie07
Learner
Learner
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:57 am
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 38 times

Re: Claire Mooch-elle Part 2 - Picking up Scams, Dropping Projects & Pets (Claire Michelle)

Post by smangie07 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:21 pm

Oh joy, she's remembered how much she LoOoOoVeSss painting again. :roll:

But probably only until she gets bored, and makes prints of a half-finished piece of trash that she'll upload to her print on demand site. I can see the caption now... "I found out earlier this year that I was a cheetah in a past life while in ceremony in Australia with my soul sister @Sally Mustang. this painting flowed through my trembling fingers while I stayed up for 4 days straight, drinking only celery juice and shoving crystals up my bum to charge my auric field. it is an expression of my true soul and I want you to have a piece of my heart if it speaks to you. swipe up."

centreoftheuniverse
Learner
Learner
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:55 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: Claire Mooch-elle Part 2 - Picking up Scams, Dropping Projects & Pets (Claire Michelle)

Post by centreoftheuniverse » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:10 am

wait where is she living now? is she back in hawaii? where she was stagnating/not moving out of her comfort zone/whatever crap she said was wrong with her fastasy land?

Spicy_dreams
Learner
Learner
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:18 am
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 141 times

Re: Claire Mooch-elle Part 2 - Picking up Scams, Dropping Projects & Pets (Claire Michelle)

Post by Spicy_dreams » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:02 pm

smangie07 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:21 pm
Oh joy, she's remembered how much she LoOoOoVeSss painting again. :roll:

But probably only until she gets bored, and makes prints of a half-finished piece of trash that she'll upload to her print on demand site. I can see the caption now... "I found out earlier this year that I was a cheetah in a past life while in ceremony in Australia with my soul sister @Sally Mustang. this painting flowed through my trembling fingers while I stayed up for 4 days straight, drinking only celery juice and shoving crystals up my bum to charge my auric field. it is an expression of my true soul and I want you to have a piece of my heart if it speaks to you. swipe up."
Lol exactly. I bet her motivation for painting again is just because she needs money. Her artwork is always so cringey, it screams of somebody who doesn't actually care enough to put in real effort. She doesn't have the patience or passion to actually improve.

CasuallyPassingBy
Wanderer
Wanderer
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:53 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Claire Mooch-elle Part 2 - Picking up Scams, Dropping Projects & Pets (Claire Michelle)

Post by CasuallyPassingBy » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:10 am

Did anyone save this two YouTube Videos of her:
"V E G A N what i eat in a day 🌱🌈🦋" (with ricky and ian) and the 'lil bit older "my family." (kauai vlog video with hallie and carlie)

Want to watch them again :toad:

laowren
Wallflower
Wallflower
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:45 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Claire Mooch-elle Part 2 - Picking up Scams, Dropping Projects & Pets (Claire Michelle)

Post by laowren » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:25 pm

CasuallyPassingBy wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:10 am
Did anyone save this two YouTube Videos of her:
"V E G A N what i eat in a day 🌱🌈🦋" (with ricky and ian) and the 'lil bit older "my family." (kauai vlog video with hallie and carlie)

Want to watch them again :toad:
Same ^ i only learned of Claire this year so if anyone has saved old videos of hers I definitely wanna watch them

BamBam17
Informer
Informer
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:29 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 53 times

Re: Claire Mooch-elle Part 2 - Picking up Scams, Dropping Projects & Pets (Claire Michelle)

Post by BamBam17 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:46 am

Has anyone seen that chick @iamsahararose ?
I think she associates with Allie too but what makes me mention her is that stupid shit they say about how they manifest things. It’s such a privileged saying that you can just manifest anything if you put your mind and prayers enough towards it.

She made a recent post about manifesting it not to rain on her wedding day :roll: I’m just so OVER these spiritual gurus seriously, manifested bigger breast my ass. She’s on some hormonal stuff / herbs that helps the body I’m sure or she had surgery whatever. They’re so delusional...

stickandpoked
Learner
Learner
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:16 am
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: Claire Mooch-elle Part 2 - Picking up Scams, Dropping Projects & Pets (Claire Michelle)

Post by stickandpoked » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:49 pm

centreoftheuniverse wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:10 am
wait where is she living now? is she back in hawaii? where she was stagnating/not moving out of her comfort zone/whatever crap she said was wrong with her fastasy land?
yeah wtf! Did she just quietly drop everything in LA and move to Hawaii again? she's probably not emphasizing it because she doesn't want to draw attention to how much she contradicts herself, and drops projects/people/places...
to quote that cody ko cringe video, WHO'S PAYING FOR THIS SHIT? literally there's no way to afford it other than parents, or scams

stickandpoked
Learner
Learner
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:16 am
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: Claire Mooch-elle Part 2 - Picking up Scams, Dropping Projects & Pets (Claire Michelle)

Post by stickandpoked » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:56 pm

This article is a fascinating read- it's about Eat Pray Love type "priv-lit" and the increasing desire for gurus and spending/ commercialized spirituality. https://www.bitchmedia.org/article/eat-pray-spend
not explicitly about Claire, sorry, but thought it would be relevant to yall over here!

"The [priv-lit] genre is unique in that it reflects an inversion of its own explicitly expressed value system: Priv-lit tells women they must do expensive things that are good for the body, mind, or soul. But the hidden subtext, and perhaps the most alluring part of the genre for its avid consumers, is the antifeminist idea that women should become healthy so that people will like them, they will find partners, they'll have money, and they'll lose weight and be hot. God forbid a dumpy, lonely, single person should actually try to achieve happiness, health, and balance for its own sake. It's the wolf of the mean-spirited makeover show or the vicious high-school clique in the sheep's clothing of wellness."

User avatar
kahlawim
Learner
Learner
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:03 pm
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 70 times

Re: Claire Mooch-elle Part 2 - Picking up Scams, Dropping Projects & Pets (Claire Michelle)

Post by kahlawim » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:20 pm

stickandpoked wrote:This article is a fascinating read- it's about Eat Pray Love type "priv-lit" and the increasing desire for gurus and spending/ commercialized spirituality. https://www.bitchmedia.org/article/eat-pray-spend
not explicitly about Claire, sorry, but thought it would be relevant to yall over here!

"The [priv-lit] genre is unique in that it reflects an inversion of its own explicitly expressed value system: Priv-lit tells women they must do expensive things that are good for the body, mind, or soul. But the hidden subtext, and perhaps the most alluring part of the genre for its avid consumers, is the antifeminist idea that women should become healthy so that people will like them, they will find partners, they'll have money, and they'll lose weight and be hot. God forbid a dumpy, lonely, single person should actually try to achieve happiness, health, and balance for its own sake. It's the wolf of the mean-spirited makeover show or the vicious high-school clique in the sheep's clothing of wellness."

I agree with the article in the way of people like Claire because she is clearly privileged. What I do disagree with in this article is the talk of Elizabeth Gilbert. The women in the article calls her privledged and of course Gilbert is definitely priledged in a way- I believe if you’re living in a country where you have access to an iPhone and Instagram then in you are privileged to a certain extent too- but Elizabeth Gilbert worked hard for that trip to be able to take off for a year and do that. If you listen to her talks or read her other book Big Magic, she talks about the importance of getting a job to support yourself and just do what you love on the side if you can have your passion support you. I don’t know, this article has some truth to it but over all I didn’t find it all that compelling.

Other than that, yes Claire is definitely privileged in alottt of ways. I would have way more respect for her if she would just be honest and say she uses this scam for money or that her parents pay for her or maybe Ricky pays for her. But I don’t appreciate her trying hide it behind the title of manifesting. I don’t think she is some special snowflake that can manifest literally everything she seems to want that quickly and that easily. Even people who do truly believe in manifesting their reality and have a business doing it like Lacy Phillips of To Be Magnetic (she has her own issues but just for an example) has trouble unlocking certain manifestations.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spicy_dreams
Learner
Learner
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:18 am
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 141 times

Re: Claire Mooch-elle Part 2 - Picking up Scams, Dropping Projects & Pets (Claire Michelle)

Post by Spicy_dreams » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:20 pm

Hell yeah. I'm glad to see this being talked about more, privilege and 'manifestation'. Like holy shit the world doesn't need another pretty, tan, skinny, long legged blond girl crediting all her success to her manifestation skills. Fuck that. I want to take one of those rich brats and make them deliver their spiel to somebody who's disabled, or in poverty, or living in a war zone, or a person of colour, LGBTQ, a pensioner, really anyone who's not young hot and insta famous. See what happens.

I mean I really, really don't get it. How can you live in this world, and GENUINELY believe the things they say about manifesting? How can you say anything is possible for anybody??? How can you look at a half dead long gone junkie on the street and think "maybe they're just not WANTING to create their dreams!"

Is it just stupidity? Stupid people wanting to sound deeply spiritual and insightful? Or do they willingly ignore 99% of the world, speaking only to like-minded equally beautiful people?

Anyway I'm glad this discussion is becoming more common on social media. I hope it continues to. Guys, don't be afraid to publically talk about this too. Guarantee we're not the only ones who feel this way. The more people who see this being talked about, the less people will be harmed by this way of thinking.

stickandpoked
Learner
Learner
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:16 am
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: Claire Mooch-elle Part 2 - Picking up Scams, Dropping Projects & Pets (Claire Michelle)

Post by stickandpoked » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:02 am

kahlawim wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:20 pm
stickandpoked wrote:This article is a fascinating read- it's about Eat Pray Love type "priv-lit" and the increasing desire for gurus and spending/ commercialized spirituality. https://www.bitchmedia.org/article/eat-pray-spend
not explicitly about Claire, sorry, but thought it would be relevant to yall over here!

"The [priv-lit] genre is unique in that it reflects an inversion of its own explicitly expressed value system: Priv-lit tells women they must do expensive things that are good for the body, mind, or soul. But the hidden subtext, and perhaps the most alluring part of the genre for its avid consumers, is the antifeminist idea that women should become healthy so that people will like them, they will find partners, they'll have money, and they'll lose weight and be hot. God forbid a dumpy, lonely, single person should actually try to achieve happiness, health, and balance for its own sake. It's the wolf of the mean-spirited makeover show or the vicious high-school clique in the sheep's clothing of wellness."

I agree with the article in the way of people like Claire because she is clearly privileged. What I do disagree with in this article is the talk of Elizabeth Gilbert. The women in the article calls her privledged and of course Gilbert is definitely priledged in a way- I believe if you’re living in a country where you have access to an iPhone and Instagram then in you are privileged to a certain extent too- but Elizabeth Gilbert worked hard for that trip to be able to take off for a year and do that. If you listen to her talks or read her other book Big Magic, she talks about the importance of getting a job to support yourself and just do what you love on the side if you can have your passion support you. I don’t know, this article has some truth to it but over all I didn’t find it all that compelling.

Other than that, yes Claire is definitely privileged in alottt of ways. I would have way more respect for her if she would just be honest and say she uses this scam for money or that her parents pay for her or maybe Ricky pays for her. But I don’t appreciate her trying hide it behind the title of manifesting. I don’t think she is some special snowflake that can manifest literally everything she seems to want that quickly and that easily. Even people who do truly believe in manifesting their reality and have a business doing it like Lacy Phillips of To Be Magnetic (she has her own issues but just for an example) has trouble unlocking certain manifestations.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lol I don't have anything against Elizabeth Gilbert, I think she's a good writer. But I think it makes some great points about the culture of gurus and why people feel like they have to spend & show off so much in order to display how spiritual or accomplished they are. I think that influencers, gurus, and "wellness culture" as a whole has a big economic and emotional impact, negatively affecting women especially.

Post Reply

Return to “YouTube/Instagram Hippies”