Lesser gossiped about YT/Insta Hippies PT1

HaveSomeMilk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Lesser gossiped about YT/Insta Hippies PT1

Post by HaveSomeMilk » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:28 am

Heya guys,

This thread is for the lesser gossiped about SpIrItUaL folks on social media.

I'm talking people like Sjana Elise, Freya Hayley etc etc.

If they get spoken about a lot they'll get their own thread in this section :tu:

Lilia_24U
Learner
Learner

Re: Lesser gossiped about YT/Insta Hippies PT1

Post by Lilia_24U » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:17 am

I don't know too many, but Kris {The Cat}, Raw Alignment Aysel or whatever her name is, are one of those girls.

Lilia_24U
Learner
Learner

Post by Lilia_24U » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:54 am

Oh and Jil {Jilicious Journey or so}.

What do you guys thinking about them?

srirachujang
Informer
Informer

Post by srirachujang » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:42 pm

Following!!

joyshan13
Talker
Talker

Post by joyshan13 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:01 pm

Putting it out there that I find Sjana really bland and the whole tanned-Australian-blogger schtick is so tired BUT ...

I do admire her crazy yoga moves and she does put out some content that seems genuine, like the one video on depression. She did come off as genuine. I think her body looks weirdly ... stringy (for lack of a better word) and all that sun is going to catch up to her one day but overall I don't really hate her.

Now Caroline Deisler on the other hand grates on my nerves. She can't shut up about eating 20 dates, 10 mangos, 16 apples, what not but looks incredibly emaciated. Not to mention the watermelon emojis splashed all over her Instagram.

[video][/video]

srirachujang
Informer
Informer

Post by srirachujang » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:49 pm

joyshan13 wrote:Putting it out there that I find Sjana really bland and the whole tanned-Australian-blogger schtick is so tired BUT ...

I do admire her crazy yoga moves and she does put out some content that seems genuine, like the one video on depression. She did come off as genuine. I think her body looks weirdly ... stringy (for lack of a better word) and all that sun is going to catch up to her one day but overall I don't really hate her.

Now Caroline Deisler on the other hand grates on my nerves. She can't shut up about eating 20 dates, 10 mangos, 16 apples, what not but looks incredibly emaciated. Not to mention the watermelon emojis splashed all over her Instagram.

[video][/video]
UGH I don't like either of them. Sjana at the very least does have a genuine side with her depression and actually takes social media seriously by posting frequently and high-quality photos (take notes, Claire Moochelle, also whoever came up with that name for her is a genius :tu: ). Caroline's diet doesn't look balanced at ALL, like she's still following this raw till 4 shit and preaching how healthy it is. I'm genuinely shocked that her Instagram followers are so clueless about how unhealthy she looks. Thank goodness the YouTube community didn't feel the same way on her last video.

pepperann
Informer
Informer

Post by pepperann » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:14 pm

This thread is so needed. And kind of hilarious because it just shows they're all exactly the same :lol: and every single one of them thinks they are soooooooo unique guyzzzz

I'm glad someone brought up Kris the Cat. I can't STAND her. She's so fucking fake. She gained her entire following copying every single other hippie instagrammer, almost word for word in her long ass redundant captions sometimes and her photos, and sucking up to all of them commenting fluff/woo woo garbage every single time one of them would post so that 1) they would notice her and 2) their followers would see her username over and over

Then she went to Hawaii to stalk all of them try to meet up with her "soul sisters" and none of them gave her the time of day :rofl:

phiercy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by phiercy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:02 am

I'm aware social media is a full blown career path at this point, but for people like Sjana and this shitshow, I don't think it's any good for them (see: "at least it's high quality content"). A quick scroll through Sjana's feed and the only thing I'm unable to ignore is her constant swing between instagram thin and blatant anorexic thin. Sjana's entire "career" revolves around her body image. More people will look at your yoga pose photo if your body looks outrageously (and, social-media wise, ideally) thin. More people will take your food and vegan advice if you're thin.

More people will want to be like you if you're thin.

The problem here is that everytime I'm referring to "thin" for Sjana, it's anorexic thin.

These women should be doing social media as the last, LAST painful resort, when it comes to money. But instead it's their first and only choice, because most of them didn't even study anything whilst their psych problems went unresolved.

Some of them occasionally come out and vageuly mention it; after convincing everyone that she was living The Dream in Hawaii, Claire came out and admitted she was battling her eating disorder and doing drugs alone in a cabin on her birthday. Sjana baptised it depression and came out to give advice on it. Really, these are subtle ways they manage to talk about it so that they don't completely ignore the elephant in the room, but they're in no position to be giving advice. As long as they are selling themselves as a job (social media) the problems will only get worse. People's mentalities are not meant to withstand this crap.

Really what they all have in common is a new mental disorder we don't have a name for yet. I'd pay good money to dissect not a brain of an anorexic, but the brain of somebody who makes serious money off things highlighted by their anorexia, and have nothing else going on in their lives besides their disease (Eugenia Cooney leads this trend albeit not spiritual; these "spiritual" hippies follow.)

If I step outside of the gossiping bubble for a second, I feel infinite sadness for these people.

Lilia_24U
Learner
Learner

Post by Lilia_24U » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:50 am

I also believe these people are selling themselves as an image, which is the last healthy thing for someone with a huge anorexia problem and addiction to aesthetic & perfection. All their self-loving messages posted with pictures of them is why most people in the first place follow them - let's be honest. There is a 100% chance that those words posted under a picture of someone not so thin or even overweight plus not so high quality photographed are not going to be that successful and sailable. What I in general don't like is that people assume a certain knowledge and health behind a certain body type. Clearly, someone with overweight struggles physically and/or mentally, which you can see, but with these people you can't see - or at least they don't choose to see as there is a hype in being extremely thin. Sure, some people are naturally thin, but those girls had all a past of anorexia, so I wouldn't be sure about them being really that thin or just forcing themselves to be so for aesthetic purpose and marketing.

I also believe that an overwhelming amount of complements and worships are not healthy for these young girls AND their followers. Both of them are thinking they have to serve a certain image to be sailable, attractive etc {including me in the past}. Very unhealthy standards, although they all are claiming to be about self-love - yet those are all images trying to sell them an idea of dream life, self-love, wisdom and health.
I don't know, I find it all very doubtable, questionable and problematic what's going on on Social Media.

Lilia_24U
Learner
Learner

Post by Lilia_24U » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:06 am

pepperann wrote: I'm glad someone brought up Kris the Cat. I can't STAND her. She's so fucking fake. She gained her entire following copying every single other hippie instagrammer, almost word for word in her long ass redundant captions sometimes and her photos, and sucking up to all of them commenting fluff/woo woo garbage every single time one of them would post so that 1) they would notice her and 2) their followers would see her username over and over
Oh yes, she seems like someone exactly the same as others. I have forgotten about her for months, she just crossed my mind and I was looking at her YouTube. So well, there is tons of Law Of Attraction content, which is for me mostly not realistic. Sure, as I have mentioned there are for me very true and explainable parts in that mindset, but I have sooooo much critic about it. I read one comment about a mum asking how she can escape her daily life of responsibilities while feeding her children, working a job to provide etc. I mean, come on, most people can't afford being like this, they all have to work hard to survive and provide, it's truly a non-realistic and privileged way of thinking. Most people gain their popularity due some high equipment stuff they probably got from mummy and daddy, making videos and images of themselves serving beauty standards and trends, while gaining popularity. After that they can promote products, online courses and do ads, so they get rich and living a quite rich life traveling, using organic expensive food etc. It's a marketing strategy and not Law Of Attraction. That's just a way to make people pay for you "having figured out life".

And omg, yes, it always disgusts me how people are being "best friends" and following other more popular people in order to gain more attention. I am like... No? Imagine a "normal person" aka follower with no popularity is wanting to meet them {expect a meet-up} and be friends with them. As if they have a chance, most of them only connect with one another popular personalities. Lol.

joyshan13
Talker
Talker

Post by joyshan13 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:59 am

Re: the eating disorders, I also think her followers might be less inclined to call her out on the protruding ribs and hipbones given it comes packaged in a tan, wellness, yoga, sun and surfing package.

But putting aside their relationships with food, something else they all have in common? A raging disregard for wherever their temporary home is. I'm more referring to the people who move to Hawaii, Bali, Tulum, Australia, etc., and hype it up ridiculously with no thought whatsoever to the privilege it requires to live there all for the purpose of making pretty pictures. It really makes me so sick. I'm not asking for them to get Ph.Ds but some modicum of self-awareness on the welfare of others would be very impressive.

Take Claire and Allie Michelle. Hawaii had a pretty devastating earthquake last year when they were there. It would've been a powerful message to see social media influencers actually go and volunteer at a first aid center/food pantry, etc. Nope. Claire posted some photos of her wandering around flooded roads and her usual mumble jumble about taking care of mother earth. Allie Michelle posted a sad photo and then had the nerve to complain about being stuck at home with the roads being closed (I remember Alexis was visiting her at the time so the two of them were prancing around their backyard making up shit to do in order to kill time).

I'm sorry but there's no way I'd ever call a social media career an actual profession. I think Claire would seriously keel over if she had to work a full day. All of these hippies come off as extremely lazy and hypocritical.

Lilia_24U
Learner
Learner

Post by Lilia_24U » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:01 am

Are you talking about Sjana? I don't know her at all to be honest, but she seems to have some Yoga skills and probably even some qualifications. But yes, I agree. If the content speaks to the crowd, people less likely will mentioned something about the booty. Honestly I wouldn't care much, but so many girls kinda looking up to unhealthy standards and body types - that's why you and me are critical about it in the first place, right?
And also another thing, most people react to criticism or concern very negatively, so some people who have true intentions of constrictive criticism are often silent, because they get unnecessary hate and bullshit. Don't know why people don't question themselves and aren't self-reflected, being aware of their actions and taking responsibility for them. I mean it's kinda exciting to get feedback, learn and grow - at least for me. And I love seeing things from all perspective whether I am or I am not agreeing.

Oh yes, we had that topic with Claire, but many people on SM does that. To be honest, you guys have helped me to have a more and deeper understanding of the whole issue as I haven't been investing many thoughts and knowledge in traveling. Thanks a lot to all of you!
There is definitely an arrogance and ignorance calling a place home, but not supporting the locals, the people in need. It IS only a background for people enjoying the nature, adventures and aesthetics for their own purpose. And that is clearly exploitation rather than how you should treat a country you care for. How many places are home btw? Wandering around the most hypes places calling them all "home"? Sure thing.

Ps: I apologize, my English skills aren't the best. Still learning.

Lilia_24U
Learner
Learner

Post by Lilia_24U » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:21 am

There are mad artists on Social Media and lots of people, who are having a profession, qualifications and skills in all kind of areas. But there is a growing and concerning numbers of young girls trying to sell themselves without having the qualifications, skills, life experiences. Most of them are modeling for the perfect pictures hiring photographers or using "friends". And the new strategy is to show an illusion of a " dream-life", which seems to be shared by many - not me to be honest, don't get the hype of many things - combined with using a facade of self-love and spiritual wisdom while being super young and lost - hence wandering around the world with impulsive decisions calling it intuition, not being responsible etc.

And yes, those people might have it as a job, but I can't call it a profession as well. I refuse to. It's more for me exploiting people's insecurities and feeding people's wishes - mostly of very young teens and adults feeling overwhelmed by reality.

pepperann
Informer
Informer

Post by pepperann » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:09 am

Noticed Allie Michelle was mentioned. She always seems to skirt around controversy unlike the rest of them but... idk.

What does everyone think of her?

joyshan13
Talker
Talker

Post by joyshan13 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:44 am

pepperann wrote:Noticed Allie Michelle was mentioned. She always seems to skirt around controversy unlike the rest of them but... idk.

I give her props for wising up and avoiding the dumpster fire that is Claire Michelle but, at bottom, she seems like another one of those woo-woo spiritual hippies who just scam off their followers. Here's a whole manifesto on her website about signing up to work for an essential oil company and being part of network marketing. I'm sure she gets a nice kickback for anyone who signs up. Like for real? Of all the things to schill for ...

https://www.alliemichellel.com/essential-oils/
"5. Process your payment! I will get notified when you joined and be in touch with your personal log-in details to welcome you to Path to Freedom + Path to Wellness!"

pepperann
Informer
Informer

Post by pepperann » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:56 am

joyshan13 wrote:
pepperann wrote:Noticed Allie Michelle was mentioned. She always seems to skirt around controversy unlike the rest of them but... idk.

I give her props for wising up and avoiding the dumpster fire that is Claire Michelle but, at bottom, she seems like another one of those woo-woo spiritual hippies who just scam off their followers. Here's a whole manifesto on her website about signing up to work for an essential oil company and being part of network marketing. I'm sure she gets a nice kickback for anyone who signs up. Like for real? Of all the things to schill for ...

"5. Process your payment! I will get notified when you joined and be in touch with your personal log-in details to welcome you to Path to Freedom + Path to Wellness!"

Woooooow she's actually shilling an essential oil MLM???? Daaaamn. There goes any integrity I thought she had. LMAO they're really all the same aren't they. And LOL @ dumpster fire :rofl:

joyshan13
Talker
Talker

Post by joyshan13 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:34 am

pepperann wrote:
joyshan13 wrote:

Woooooow she's actually shilling an essential oil MLM???? Daaaamn. There goes any integrity I thought she had. LMAO they're really all the same aren't they. And LOL @ dumpster fire :rofl:
I know. And she tries so damn hard at window dressing: one of the benefits of signing up is you can apparently "heal people on a weekly basis." As if anyone's physical ailments were cured by essential oils. It's galling how these SM influencers try to pass off their greed as altruism. Snake oil salesmen, all of them. And I'm sure there are enough gullible people out there to fall for all of this.

pepperann
Informer
Informer

Post by pepperann » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:28 pm

I know. And she tries so damn hard at window dressing: one of the benefits of signing up is you can apparently "heal people on a weekly basis." As if anyone's physical ailments were cured by essential oils. It's galling how these SM influencers try to pass off their greed as altruism. Snake oil salesmen, all of them. And I'm sure there are enough gullible people out there to fall for all of this.
So true. They'll literally do anything to sell a product and more often than not its the 'THIS SAVED MY LIFE' angle. What a joke.

Like, I use essential oils. They definitely help with some things and give a calming aroma. But I would never imagine HAWKING them to someone as a CURE for anything, my god.

ngo1111
Talker
Talker

Post by ngo1111 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:58 am

this whole "it single handedly saved my life" nonsense is evidence they never really had serious issues to begin with. A tummy ache or some pimples aren't health issues. These girls are so dramatic because they seem extremely sheltered with limited life experience, which is all the more concerning that they charge people money for life and health advice or coaching. At least Allie Michelle probably holds some kind of certification for yoga.

I remember a long time ago Raw Alignment made a video about how she wasn't getting along with her brother who was staying with them in Hawaii. She was so shaken, like her whole world was out of control. I remember thinking this girl has probably never had to deal with conflict before. It's the same for most of them. They are young, and that's OK, but they shouldn't be pretending they are any kind of guru, and worse, asking others for money under that pretense. There has to be some level of narcissism involved here for them to believe they are in a position to "heal the world".

Side note..Where are Raw Alignment's mold test results? She shared results for candida, but still tells people she had mold illness. And goes from "I can barely take care of myself" to "I feel so amazing" in a matter of days. This is why I think they blow everything out of proportion.

WhyClaire
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0

Post by WhyClaire » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:47 pm

phiercy wrote:I'm aware social media is a full blown career path at this point, but for people like Sjana and this shitshow, I don't think it's any good for them (see: "at least it's high quality content"). A quick scroll through Sjana's feed and the only thing I'm unable to ignore is her constant swing between instagram thin and blatant anorexic thin. Sjana's entire "career" revolves around her body image. More people will look at your yoga pose photo if your body looks outrageously (and, social-media wise, ideally) thin. More people will take your food and vegan advice if you're thin.

More people will want to be like you if you're thin.

The problem here is that everytime I'm referring to "thin" for Sjana, it's anorexic thin.

These women should be doing social media as the last, LAST painful resort, when it comes to money. But instead it's their first and only choice, because most of them didn't even study anything whilst their psych problems went unresolved.

Some of them occasionally come out and vageuly mention it; after convincing everyone that she was living The Dream in Hawaii, Claire came out and admitted she was battling her eating disorder and doing drugs alone in a cabin on her birthday. Sjana baptised it depression and came out to give advice on it. Really, these are subtle ways they manage to talk about it so that they don't completely ignore the elephant in the room, but they're in no position to be giving advice. As long as they are selling themselves as a job (social media) the problems will only get worse. People's mentalities are not meant to withstand this crap.

Really what they all have in common is a new mental disorder we don't have a name for yet. I'd pay good money to dissect not a brain of an anorexic, but the brain of somebody who makes serious money off things highlighted by their anorexia, and have nothing else going on in their lives besides their disease (Eugenia Cooney leads this trend albeit not spiritual; these "spiritual" hippies follow.)

If I step outside of the gossiping bubble for a second, I feel infinite sadness for these people.
Thank you for this post! I can't imagine the toll of putting one's body online for ANYONE to see at any time, and to zoom into and scrutinize. It's such a brand new way for a human to exist, almost...

I just wanted to add that on Sjana's Tumblr, she used to give eating advice on being "fit" and I remember one of her posts was about how surprised people would be by what their body "desires" to eat vs. what it "needs." To me it smells like an eating disorder-type slogan. I mean what does this even mean??? I am honestly confused... If your body truly desires food, even if it doesn't "need" it to survive, perhaps you should feed yourself.

And also Sjana deletes comments and she's been vocal about this. She did an interview about how people bully her for her body and call her too skinny, etc. And that she deletes those comments.

Sjana dropped out of her third year of uni to pursue social media full-time, I think... She says she's "deferred." Indefinitely (it's been years now).

joyshan13
Talker
Talker

Post by joyshan13 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:29 am

Good old Caroline Deisler insisting she eats 2000k calories while still looking super stringy and like she's about to snap in the wind. You can lie to yourself, your friends and families, and your followers, but you can't lie to your body.

(TBH, I used to do the same exact thing. "I ate a HUGE dinner!" "I'm stuffed from breakfast!")

Chloe_Bean
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by Chloe_Bean » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:55 am

Does anyone know what happened to Rawfully Happy, I think he name is Sam? I know she was friends with RawAlignment a bit and was doing the similar vegan in Hawaii thing and then she went home and was talking about going to Greece with her mom and just...disappeared off the internet. Her accounts are still up but are inactive. And it was right after she put out an ebook too which I thought was odd, you'd think you'd want to promote it.

joyshan13
Talker
Talker

Post by joyshan13 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:33 pm

I didn't know quite where to put her but does anyone watch Maddie Lymburner? Her most recent video is bizarre, including the snippet where her BF films her peeing. All her pics/videos lately have been of her ass in a bikini.

Also the natural cycle BC method she's using seems so irresponsible with all the traveling they do. I highly doubt they have any kind of medical insurance in Bali/South Africa/anywhere else they've been living.

Chloe_Bean
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by Chloe_Bean » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:03 am

^ I unsubbed from her awhile ago. Her bf and her are WAYYYY too co-dependent for me and I found it really off putting. She talks about them spending every second of every day together like it's a good thing. She needs some friends.

lemonlyman
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by lemonlyman » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:38 pm

These girls are all just so unoriginal. They have incredible opportunities to travel the world thanks to their social media success, but when they go to Australia/Bali/Hawaii/Thailand it's always the same. Eat a load of fruit, hang out with their douchebag boyfriend, show off their flat stomachs by only ever wearing bikinis or crop tops, spend their days cooking bland meals and working out. Yawn.

Return to “YouTube/Instagram Hippies”