Emma Chamberlain: Louis Vuitton's Favorite Urban Outfitters Model - Part 5

Cheesey
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Emma Chamberlain: Louis Vuitton's Favorite Urban Outfitters Model - Part 5

Post by Cheesey »

She should have released it a month ago so people could get it as a stocking filler.

heyitsheidi
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by heyitsheidi »

shesofunny wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:54 pm
I think a pop-up shop for her coffee would’ve been a great idea. Idk about yall but ...why buy coffee online? Seems weird especially since most people buy coffee from food places or grocery stores from what I know. I initially thought (before I saw all the promo) that she would be getting a coffee order named after her at Philz or something. Like her iconic Iced Latte order would be renamed to “The Chamberlain Chill” or something corny like that.

And also, I’m tired of youtubers promoting things that none of their fans cam afford. When Emma was talking about that shoe selling app GOAT, I thought “ooo I can buy some cool resold shoes for a lower price!” Opened and downloaded the damn app and every shoe is a guaranteed $100-$500. Are youtubers aware that their fans do not live as lavish as them? Going back to the coffee stuff, $16 for 5 packs? And it’s instant coffee? And you gotta wait on shipping? That seems like I would purchase it once in support of Emma, and never again. But then again, she has a lot of fans so maybe most of them are rich 🤷🏾‍♀️
Her "recipe" also uses 3 PACKETS of her coffee. At that rate, Starbucks is cheaper.

greysweatpants20
Informer
Informer

Post by greysweatpants20 »

5 bags for 10 bucks might seem like a great deal if you, reasonably, assumed that one packet made one standard-sized cup of coffee. When you realize the recommended recipe doesn't even get you two full cups, it's ridiculous. For instant coffee, no less.

Also, this isn't necessarily Emma's fault but when I tried to google "Emma Chamberlain coffee" and even "Chamberlain Coffee" the literal name of her business, the website is pretty far down. Two trillion articles about Emma's coffee, most of which don't even link to the website, are pushing her website down. It's second to last on the first page for me. I'd be pretty pissed if my business website was barely on the first page when Googling the exact name.

paiksuri
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by paiksuri »

heyitsheidi wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:22 pm
shesofunny wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:54 pm
I think a pop-up shop for her coffee would’ve been a great idea. Idk about yall but ...why buy coffee online? Seems weird especially since most people buy coffee from food places or grocery stores from what I know. I initially thought (before I saw all the promo) that she would be getting a coffee order named after her at Philz or something. Like her iconic Iced Latte order would be renamed to “The Chamberlain Chill” or something corny like that.

And also, I’m tired of youtubers promoting things that none of their fans cam afford. When Emma was talking about that shoe selling app GOAT, I thought “ooo I can buy some cool resold shoes for a lower price!” Opened and downloaded the damn app and every shoe is a guaranteed $100-$500. Are youtubers aware that their fans do not live as lavish as them? Going back to the coffee stuff, $16 for 5 packs? And it’s instant coffee? And you gotta wait on shipping? That seems like I would purchase it once in support of Emma, and never again. But then again, she has a lot of fans so maybe most of them are rich 🤷🏾‍♀️
Her "recipe" also uses 3 PACKETS of her coffee. At that rate, Starbucks is cheaper.
I wonder if she still uses her espresso mahcine. That would be cheaper as well.

greysweatpants20
Informer
Informer

Post by greysweatpants20 »

I have a some empathy for Emma because she was so young when she started YouTube and it was only a matter of time before she changed, LA or not. Part of the benefit of starting young is that you're relatable. You're actually going through the things your audience is. But she's not anymore, she's a young adult living in LA with a modeling career. She doesn't go to school. She's never worked a traditional wage or salary job. She's never dated anyone who wasn't also a social media influencer.

Haley Pham is going through a similar thing with her audience. It's very difficult to transition from a child/teen YouTuber to an adult YouTuber.

lilijayne
Learner
Learner

Post by lilijayne »

I don't get the hype around this girl. She's not pretty, doesn't have good style, her videos aren't funny...she seemingly came out of nowhere and is now on the snapchat discovery page every day.

Dayna
Learner
Learner

Post by Dayna »

Damn, you can tell she made that product in a day. The website is shit, she chose the blend in a few "hours", doesn't even know anything about the process of coffee roasting, beans, flavours, anything. Just another money grab.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

heyitsheidi
Informer
Informer

Post by heyitsheidi »

lilijayne wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:31 pm
I don't get the hype around this girl. She's not pretty, doesn't have good style, her videos aren't funny...she seemingly came out of nowhere and is now on the snapchat discovery page every day.
i think her hype is dying down. her videos used to be good.

nevertoobusy4tea
Lurker
Lurker

Post by nevertoobusy4tea »

So I guess her and Aaron are in New York together

infjunicorn
Debater
Debater

Post by infjunicorn »

heyitsheidi wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:40 pm
lilijayne wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:31 pm
i think her hype is dying down. her videos used to be good.
Her hype is absolutely dying down. This thread has been active for almost a month and only has three pages.
Really..how sensitive you are. Can you feel...THIS? :love2:

Ew_ipreferalatte
Informer
Informer

Post by Ew_ipreferalatte »

Yep

DoWeCare_No
Learner
Learner

Post by DoWeCare_No »

I was actually really excited when Emma started posting, quote, unquote, ‘frequent content’; for a full month she posted videos, granted most of them sucked and lacked any of Emma’s original sparkle that drew me in... I had hope that she was making a ‘comeback’ and was gonna recommit to youtube. Find her groove again that made her so ‘special’.Then... she announced her coffee brand and it all made sense again, she was simply posting bc she needed her subscribers to get super engaged again so she could drop her launch and have it be successful. Sigh, what disappointment 😒 bring back the ‘old’ Emma aka the person who had drive, commitment, personality was actually funny and could entertain for 10+ minutes without me wanting to skip through the video or not watch it at all.

lilijayne
Learner
Learner

Post by lilijayne »

greysweatpants20 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:56 pm
I have a some empathy for Emma because she was so young when she started YouTube and it was only a matter of time before she changed, LA or not. Part of the benefit of starting young is that you're relatable. You're actually going through the things your audience is. But she's not anymore, she's a young adult living in LA with a modeling career. She doesn't go to school. She's never worked a traditional wage or salary job. She's never dated anyone who wasn't also a social media influencer.

Haley Pham is going through a similar thing with her audience. It's very difficult to transition from a child/teen YouTuber to an adult YouTuber.
Part of growing up is changing and that will always alienate the section of your audience who wants you to stay the same as you were when you first got big. The venn diagram of people who are interested in her as a relatable teen and how she is now will not be a circle.

sororitygirl123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sororitygirl123 »

I actually thought her idea was great, but expensive. So I just bought reusable coffee bags online and figured I could put my own cofffee in it.

full_send
Debater
Debater

Post by full_send »

Emma and her boyfriend Aaron Hull have been having fun in New York City for the past several days.  For the first time they are letting fans take pics of them together.  There have been dozens of fan pics with Emma in the past few days so they are being much easier to track than in LA or SF.  They are staying in the same hotel Emma stayed at when she went to the Calvin Klein pajama party and posted the Pulling an All-Nighter in NYC. 

Derek Blasberg took Emma (and Aaron) to her first Broadway show.  Derek is the head of Fashion and Beauty Partnerships at YouTube, he brokered Emma getting Louis Vuitton (and the Dolans, +James Charles / Liza / Lily getting to the MET gala), Derek partners YouTubers with huge brands, and has also been getting celebs such as Naomi Campbell to start YouTube channels, he hangs with the Jenners, is seemingly at all the A-List fashion events.  A month ago Derek and Emma mysteriously went to Disney Studios together, the thinking that there is an Emma / Disney collab in the works.  Emma is one of Derek's biggest assets / successes and they seem to genuinely like each other.  I am sure he is concerned about her viewcount drops.  Their hanging out may have also been professional, maybe Emma is trying to swing a Calvin Klein shoot with her and Aaron together or something (just made this up, but you never know.)

Also, just before Christmas, Emma, Olivia, and Bryant were hanging out with some famous Tik Tokkers in Emma's apartment, so there may be some Tik Tok collabs in the future.  Emma has 2 mil Tik Tok followers, and maybe her career will rebound if she collabs with Tik Tokkers such as Charli D'Amelio and Lil Huddy (I don't care about them either, but Emma has had the pulse of her 15 - 20yr old demographic for the past two years with stunning success.)

As for Chamberlain Coffee, this is Guru Gossip so we will all complain about Emma and other creators away from their socials, but it is still stunning how the day Emma launched her coffee, the drama / tea / hate YouTube channels (and some IG / Twitter) pounced on her with the perpetually fake claim that "Fans are Angry" about the prices blah blah.  As with the Dote release a year ago, zero actual fans of Emma have any actual problem with the prices or anything else, so the hate channels post tweets from trolls to give the illusion there is some sort of backlash.  It is a remarkable example of cyberbullying and pointless hate by idiot children and the bottom feeding parasites who operate the tea / drama / hate channels.  The good news is that there are a lot of comments from people claiming to not even be fans of Emma who think the cancel culture of those videos is exactly what it is, morons clout chasing Emma's name for views about a fabricated narrative.  One could say, though, that once the drama channels stop clout chasing Emma's name for views, her relevance / career has sunk.

As with the Dote clothing release a year ago, after the hate channels posted their poison, there have now been several IG / Twitter posts from some of Emma's actual fans who actually bought her coffee and have actually made it onscreen and declared they like it.

krg123xx
Learner
Learner

Post by krg123xx »

Quick review of Chamberlain steeped coffee from someone who is definitely not qualified to review coffee:

It's honestly really good... I wish it weren't so expensive because I would totally buy it often :respekt:

full_send
Debater
Debater

Post by full_send »

The big drama in the Emma fandom in the past 48 hours is when she would upload her 2019 Review IG video, which she did an hour ago.  How much or how little the Dolans / Aaron would be in it has been answered:  Aaron: twice  Dolans: zero times.  When Emma stops being friends with someone she really stops.  Go on Emma's IG and click.  It is about 60 clips in about 60 seconds of highlights from her year.  A lot with Olivia and Amanda, Declan, her parents, Paris Fashion Week and Derek Blasberg.  The 2018 Year video she posted on January 1, 2019, is fantastic, for anyone who has not seen it.  Lots of Sister Squad and Dote girls in that one.

Emma and Derek went to Disney studios a month ago, we have now learned, to pre-record a segment for Dick Clark's New Years Eve (above).

More YouTube videos from fans have been posted about Emma's coffee to virtually total acclaim as to the flavor.  They are sold at $2 per bag which makes one cup of hot, can be bought in 5, 10, 20, 30 bags.  Shipping is $5 for USA, $20 international.  The international shipping is where the hate channels try to justify themselves, but this is likely the actual cost, and no one has to buy it.  It is roasted in California in a partnership with Bixby Coffee in SoCal, where their coffee is also roasted. 

Here is one of the pics of Aaron in today's Year Review video, Emma has never actually shown him in her own social media (except on the very first day at the Pink Wall of October 4), so the two clips she included are new to everyone and likely a tiny part of movies they have taken of each other and so far kept secret:

slackster
Talker
Talker

Post by slackster »

I think it would be really good for her to take a slight break from youtube, like she should just enjoy herself without having to worry about what video she's gonna put out next because it's kind of obvious that a lot of her video ideas aren't thought out all they way and she just doesn't look like she enjoys them a lot of them time.

dragonslayer456
Lurker
Lurker

Post by dragonslayer456 »

Does anyone else think Emma might have gotten her lips done...?

Checked her latest video after not watching her for months and they look... pronounced.

Riribeytaysel
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Riribeytaysel »

slackster wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:02 am
I think it would be really good for her to take a slight break from youtube, like she should just enjoy herself without having to worry about what video she's gonna put out next because it's kind of obvious that a lot of her video ideas aren't thought out all they way and she just doesn't look like she enjoys them a lot of them time.
Absolutely not. She has technically been on a break for two years, no job, posts a mediocre YouTube video once a week (that she doesn’t edit), doesn’t go to school etc. She has had the most laid back past two years and if anything she should step it up and actually work like normal people who aren’t privileged like her and got lucky off the YouTube algorithm.

Return to “Emma Chamberlain”