Emma Chamberlain: Hygienic, ReLaTaBLe Style Icon - Part 3

full_send
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Emma Chamberlain: Hygienic, ReLaTaBLe Style Icon - Part 3

Post by full_send »

Me posting a complaint about Emma her fans have been having: several days ago she posted a Snap photo of Soul Cycle captioned "I Work Here Now" with what looked like an instructor profile for herself. So naturally her fanbase thinks her next video will be a Working At Soul Cycle video, speculating she might have friends / guests (Dolans, Amanda, SetActive friends) But today she posted the Living On Balcony video instead.

A few months ago in her Members Channel she posted a pic of a table with three chairs, a tray of chicken nuggets, and an Ask Me Anything caption. Nothing came of that. Last August yourfriendandre posted his Open Gym / Mukbang with Emma and said her own open gym video link would be posted below. No such video came into existence. Last month Emma said she filmed some of Creator's Summit, then posted her NY LV trip on her Members channel instead.

I respect that Emma only posts videos she is proud of, but it is annoying to tease her fans with upcoming projects that never happen. She has said since 2017 that she has filmed videos that turned out badly so she never posted them, there was a Q & A with her mom and a few Cooking With Emmas she never posted, but she only told us about those later. I know that Shane and a few other creators have posted teasing IG / Snaps of projects that never came into existence, so she isn't the only one, but still.

Some of Emma's recent worse videos I feel like were last minute choices to replace a more ambitious video that went badly so she on-the-fly films something else, such as the video she posted today. I think the Members Channel would be a good forum for her to post partial videos, and everything on there gets out to the public anyway. Much like her first video of 2019 was the Deleted Videos that were three video ideas in one, and it was fine. Sort of like David Dobrik has David Dobrik Too for leftover footage from his 4:20 videos that don't fit. Emma should know that her fans want her content and don't want to be teased, just post it.

full_send
Debater
Debater

Post by full_send »

I agree with OPs commenting on how annoyingly negative Emma has been in her last two videos. One of the most liked comments with 14K likes on her Trip By Myself video last week is "16 yo emma: goes everywhere by herself didn't complain, 18 yo emma: goes on ONE roadtrip by herself "Im lonely" 1000x" That comment if from an Emma stan, and if your own stans see you being this way, you gotta change up your brand. I think Emma thinks that if she acts happy she'll be hated on for being rich and having a privileged life. Instead she complains and is negative and so is still being hated on for being rich and having a privileged life while being negative and complaining. Now, she is not required to be a role model or required to be happy all the time, but her rise to fame at 16 was about being fun despite complaining about small things.

I think she needs smart people from her UTA reps to watch these videos with her and tell her to just get a grip, she needs to live her Cinderella story better, it's OK to fail at something like build a tent, but at least make an effort to try, because the not even trying is where the failure happens.

Layla123_
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Layla123_ »

I just wish Emma could go back to making vlogs or cooking with Emma. All these "not using my phone for 24 hours, or "staying on my balcony for 24 hours" are just tacky and boring. Her going to Philz, the mall, getting something to eat and just doing regular tasks back in SF is more interesting than the shit she's doing now.

crusty gossip
Talker
Talker

Post by crusty gossip »

I agree. She's choosing to do "entertaining" ideas that she hates and complains the entire time which is unbearable to watch. At least if she vlogged or brought us along with her day she wouldn't be complaining.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:56 pm
Question: Is she negative in general or is this a repeat where Ethan/Emma were falling apart?

Because this happened before ya know.
It could be because he's gone? she's been by herself for the past few videos and completely miserable. she's always in a better mood whenever she's with someone else

Post by Guest »

why was 16 year old emma more mature, funny, and motivated than 18 year old emma will ever be.... how embarrassing

paiksuri
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by paiksuri »

Layla123_ wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:36 pm
I just wish Emma could go back to making vlogs or cooking with Emma. All these "not using my phone for 24 hours, or "staying on my balcony for 24 hours" are just tacky and boring. Her going to Philz, the mall, getting something to eat and just doing regular tasks back in SF is more interesting than the shit she's doing now.
That 24 hours without phone -video was actually really good. Amanda was with her though, which might be the reason why she wasn't bored all the time. I'm kind of starting to like Amanda's videos better, her Chicago vlog was fun to watch.

paiksuri
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by paiksuri »

It's weird that she makes those shower jokes to her normal viewers all the time, although she showers everyday. Why does she tell it only to her channel members?

to-be-continued1
Talker
Talker

Post by to-be-continued1 »

Another video about traveling alone and feeling lonely??? Really??? :roll: How is she even getting views? She just repeats the same jokes over and over again for years even when her own following is sick of it. I really don't get how she's maintaining her subscriber and view count. Oh right, she's relying on her connection and "scandal" with the Dolan Twins to stay famous. :roll: I'm beginning to believe that she and Ethan were never even dating. :? I think she made it all up and the DT fandom got too involved. It's suspicious how awkward she acted about absolutely nothing.. (Example: when Ethan and her would have any moment together during the sister squad video series). She clearly wanted to draw attention to herself. She probably tried to bait him into an unstable relationship. Ethan doesn't look like he's involved with her anymore. Clout chaser Emma back at it again! Like when she pretended to be friends with Tana to get a collab for clout. :rofl:

I heard about her channel member "sneak peeks" that never happened. I have friends who really like her but even they were disappointed about her lack of quality content. It's ridiculous how lazy Emma is. I get that she is dedicated to health and fitness by how much she loves Soulcycle but she's really lacking effort for YouTube. Can't wait until she becomes irrelevant and I stop seeing her pop up on social media. :P

zabs123
Informer
Informer

Post by zabs123 »

peachygirlvenus wrote:why was 16 year old emma more mature, funny, and motivated than 18 year old emma will ever be.... how embarrassing

Moving to LA has got to be one the worst decisions she’s made. She turned out to be everything she once hated on and said she would never become but I understand meetings and youtube work is often in LA. It’s sad how she’s not comfortable being alone and her content is getting worse or fluctuates. However, she has the security of being YouTube’s favourite and no matter what content she puts out it will always get millions of views.

tagreen348
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by tagreen348 »

Long time lurker- I started watching Emma when she first started making videos. After dying her hair brown and moving to LA, I unsubscribed from Emma- her videos were no longer what they used to be like when she was in SF. The latest video was so dull and boring. Honestly, I know Emma is considered to be 'adult', I really do not think her living by herself in LA is a wise decision. I really think she should move back in with one of her parents until her mental health is better.

ilovemyself123
Learner
Learner

Post by ilovemyself123 »

zabsdelete23 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:38 am
peachygirlvenus wrote:why was 16 year old emma more mature, funny, and motivated than 18 year old emma will ever be.... how embarrassing

Moving to LA has got to be one the worst decisions she’s made. She turned out to be everything she once hated on and said she would never become but I understand meetings and youtube work is often in LA. It’s sad how she’s not comfortable being alone and her content is getting worse or fluctuates. However, she has the security of being YouTube’s favourite and no matter what content she puts out it will always get millions of views.
i hate to be one of the people who say that "la changed emma" but it's so true. if you look at her videos, the second she moved to la they became un-funny. it's like the light turned off. one day she was genuinely funny and would make a trip to target or photo shoot with her dad entertaining, and then the next day she can't even make a basic vlog funny. i was listening to a podcast the other day (manifest by tori sterling) and her episode about moving to la highlighted something that i think happened to emma too. tori was saying that when youtubers move to la, they themselves and their fans think that their content will improve and they'll upload more etc. etc. instead it's the complete opposite. because everything in la is so far apart, it takes so long to do anything and you kind of become uninspired. she was saying that she would wake up at 10 every day, go get brunch, go home, make some lousy content, and then go out and party. i'm not saying that emma parties a lot, but she could. she could be going out every night and just having fun without drinking or whatever. honestly idc if she does drink or smoke because it's her life and she's 18 so who gives a f. i'd really recommend that episode if you want a better idea of the ~ LA lifestyle ~ because i found it very eye-opening and i realized how much of it could pertain to emma.

Post by Guest »

Somehow, I only just found Emma and co. Can someone give me a quick rundown of what the rest of these people have to do with her? ie the Dolan twins, Tana, James Charles, Amanda, Olivia, Ellie etc

SqueakLola
Informer
Informer

Post by SqueakLola »

bexb99 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:16 pm
Somehow, I only just found Emma and co. Can someone give me a quick rundown of what the rest of these people have to do with her? ie the Dolan twins, Tana, James Charles, Amanda, Olivia, Ellie etc
She is supossed to be dating Ethan of the Dolan Meatheads
She was your typical teen girl stan of Tana and got to meet and hang out with her, Tana invited her to TanaCon for clout
IMO James Charles was all about PR with the Dolan Meatheads
Emma met Olivia through Dote and they became friends Amanda was already Olivia's friend
Emma also met Ellie through Dota and they became fast friends with Ellie's alsready Dote girl friend Hannah. 'Something' happened and they stopped being friends, but I think it was more a Hannah thing than Ellie thing.
Natarinna <3
Limiko <3

Gummo_Sevigny
Informer
Informer

Post by Gummo_Sevigny »

I don't dislike Emma, but I do not understand why the fashion industry is giving her so much attention. She dresses like every other white girl in L.A. I blame Derek Blasberg for giving her clout. He's closer to 40 than he is 30 and he is all up in this girl's social media page. My theory is he is getting some sort money from Emma' s people to try and boost her career, especially in the fashion circles. I know he is gay but it always seemed odd that a 37 yo would want to hangout with a teenage girl. Its got to be a business deal because James charles's connection was also Derek when he was invited to the Met gala.
THESE HOES AIN'T LOYAL

zabs123
Informer
Informer

Emma Chamberlain: Hygienic, ReLaTaBLe Style Icon - Part 3

Post by zabs123 »

Gummo_Sevigny wrote:I don't dislike Emma, but I do not understand why the fashion industry is giving her so much attention. She dresses like every other white girl in L.A. I blame Derek Blasberg for giving her clout. He's closer to 40 than he is 30 and he is all up in this girl's social media page. My theory is he is getting some sort money from Emma' s people to try and boost her career, especially in the fashion circles. I know he is gay but it always seemed odd that a 37 yo would want to hangout with a teenage girl. Its got to be a business deal because James charles's connection was also Derek when he was invited to the Met gala.
He was recently made head of fashion and beauty partnerships for YouTube. Emma isn’t the best person for this role and she doesn’t have a clue about high fashion but she does have a huge following and engagement. Similarly with the twins and James, he’s picking those who have the most popularity and influence within YouTube.

Although, their fans are young teens who can’t afford Louis Vuitton etc so not sure how it’s helping brands but I’m assuming it’s to create exposure to a younger potential market.

full_send
Debater
Debater

Post by full_send »

While the topic is about Emma being branded for high fashion, she had another sponsored post today from Denim Heaven on Melrose, which is the real Emma. This store was made additionally famous from Emma's I Met God (not actually) video. The try-on jeans haul at the end of that video is one of my favorite sequences, with the meticulous on-point editing / pacing / music / choreography is UCLA film-school proud and could serve as part of her application should she ever wish to apply. It would be good if she put in as much effort into some of her recent video ideas as she did in those two minutes at the end of that video.

I agree with OPs that Emma wearing 10K worth of LV is somewhat surreal, LV thinking being that within the 8mil YT / IG engaged followers she has there are Olivia Jade level trust fund girls who stan Emma and have disposable income. Plus YouTube itself receives some amount of cachet ( or shame) for having some of their most popular creators aligned at these levels normally reserved for the biggest movie stars, athletes, and music stars. Emma is from an educated, but working class background, her dad worked for DHL in SF for years, her grandparents have a construction business and paid Emma to sort nails and bolts in one of her early videos. If Emma were to ever actually start talking about LV with the same (real? fake?) passion of Karlie Kloss I would un-stan her.

Daisyyvelise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Daisyyvelise »

SqueakLola wrote:
bexb99 wrote:
She was your typical teen girl stan of Tana and got to meet and hang out with her, Tana invited her to TanaCon for clout
Emma met Olivia through Dote and they became friends Amanda was already Olivia's friend
Emma also met Ellie through Dota and they became fast friends with Ellie's alsready Dote girl friend Hannah. 'Something' happened and they stopped being friends, but I think it was more a Hannah thing than Ellie thing.
I might have an unpopular opinion but I do think James & the twins were friends. They only did one video when they first met then almost a year later is when they did the Sister Squad videos. Grayson saw Emma talking about the twins on Tana's video so he reached out to her then they started to do collabs like a week later and going on live before their videos. Also when she was a Dote girl ... Bryant was their photographer so I wonder if he had any connection on the low. I kinda thought they might be PR when they emerged at Coachella for the first & only posting them together when promoting a collab but I could be wrong.

SqueakLola
Informer
Informer

Post by SqueakLola »

Daisyyvelise wrote:
SqueakLola wrote:
bexb99 wrote:
I might have an unpopular opinion but I do think James & the twins were friends. They only did one video when they first met then almost a year later is when they did the Sister Squad videos. Grayson saw Emma talking about the twins on Tana's video so he reached out to her then they started to do collabs like a week later and going on live before their videos. Also when she was a Dote girl ... Bryant was their photographer so I wonder if he had any connection on the low. I kinda thought they might be PR when they emerged at Coachella for the first & only posting them together when promoting a collab but I could be wrong.
I'm sorry I wasn't clear, I think the Sister Squad was all for PR. I can't say anything about James and the Meatheads since I don't follow the twins in any capacity. I also only followed James on youtube, so if the twins and James hung out as friends I wouldn't know. Emma and the twins I think are real friends, that could have started as just a collab venture that grew into true friendship. I stand behind James only wanting to be around Emma for clout/PR/views, every video he clearly looked annoyed by her.
Natarinna <3
Limiko <3

full_send
Debater
Debater

Post by full_send »

SqueakLola wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:44 pm
Daisyyvelise wrote:
SqueakLola wrote:
bexb99 wrote:
I'm sorry I wasn't clear, I think the Sister Squad was all for PR. I can't say anything about James and the Meatheads since I don't follow the twins in any capacity. I also only followed James on youtube, so if the twins and James hung out as friends I wouldn't know. Emma and the twins I think are real friends, that could have started as just a collab venture that grew into true friendship. I stand behind James only wanting to be around Emma for clout/PR/views, every video he clearly looked annoyed by her.
As we all constantly complain about, because Emma and the Twins never address drama, for better or for worse, we are unlikely to know any details about what happened with them unless they all become friends again and we are just to forget about these 6 months. One of the sweetest things between Emma and James was when James went to BeautyCon disguised as an older bearded man, was shaded / ignored by many, including Nikita, got sad and went home. It was Emma he called and she came over and they had a heart to heart, Emma being a loving and supportive friend, which I am convinced is what she is with all her friends (until she is not.) Whether James is capable of that is another story.

Unrelated, but Emma is Snapchatting today with her dad in her car, so maybe she will vlog another daughter / father video. Or he is just visiting for a short time and a few filtered Snaps of her and her dad having child faces are all she will post.

Return to “Emma Chamberlain”