Emma Chamberlain - Part 2

Cheesey
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Emma Chamberlain - Part 2

Post by Cheesey »

I'm really starting to think Emma and Ethan are done. So fan pics of them together, no interaction on social media, no collabs.

gimmethetea
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by gimmethetea »

Guest wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:45 pm
Why is her net worth so low now? I know that's random but

It used to be around 2 million and now it's dropped to 1 million. :o

probably because she doesn't post as much, and on top of that she doesn't work with a lot of brands. like sure, LV worked with her, but those big brands that are owned by procter and gamble where a lot of other PG-PG 13ish youtubers get a lot of sponsorships from are not going to want to work with Emma simply because of how vulgar she is.

vaguelyviolet
Informer
Informer

Post by vaguelyviolet »

I’m cringing for Emma. :?

vaguelyviolet
Informer
Informer

Post by vaguelyviolet »

Guest wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:05 pm
Which starts the next conspiracy lol. If Ethma/Sister Squad are over...what ended it?
I’ve said this on the twins thread. I don’t think there was drama but i suspected after their fathers death either ethan will push emma away or get super emotionally attached bc that tends to happen after a loved one passes away. And that’s exactly what happened. They’re family oriented people and family comes first. The twins said in their psychic reading that recently they’ve gotten closer than ever before. And i think Ethan would rather spend more time with his brother than be hung up on a girl.

That’s if Ethma was real. If not, and they were just friends all along maybe they talked about not toying with fans anymore and stopped interacting online bc of how much it got out of hand. Maybe they low key do hang out but at home. who knows?

carlinn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by carlinn »

It’s been awhile without a sister squad video compared to how frequent they used to be and I’m not mad at it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trashtalk_77
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by trashtalk_77 »

loverlove2you wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:22 pm
What did I just watch? lol That was super cringe...like nothing about it was cute and it made me realize that she just knows how to pose/people know how to take her picture because she didn't look the same like in her photo she posted about it.

Someone commented: "I don’t get why everyone is hating on Emma because she had the opportunity to go to the fashion show- she has literally influenced the way most teens dress over the past year so don’t act as if she has nothing to do with fashion"

LOL What fashion?

Learner
Learner

Post by 275508 »

loverlove2you wrote:
Only watched a little bit because I couldn't watch the whole thing but YES cringe omg.
I don't even like Karlie Kloss but she came across soooo much more natural and funny and well behaved in this video.

coudes
Learner
Learner

Post by coudes »

I mean karlie has probably had years of media training, whereas emma, based on her streamys acceptance speech, has had absolutely none lol

if she wants to move above and beyond making YT content and into more of an ~influencer/public figure role then she's going to have to stop leaning on her awkward schtick because it won't work

coudes
Learner
Learner

Post by coudes »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:26 pm
I think they probably egged Emma on to act like that... why else would they want her there if not to lean in to her schtick and use it to their advantage?
because one day she'll end up on broadcast TV and fuck up by talking about how she's just peed her pants.

no, but seriously I mean in the future, not this LV partnership in particular. obvi they chose her for a reason, she tagged NICOLAS GHESQUIERE (the LV creative director) as well as the actual LV handle in her IG pics. their motive is v transparent.

Snotgirl
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Snotgirl »

275508 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:34 pm
loverlove2you wrote:
Only watched a little bit because I couldn't watch the whole thing but YES cringe omg.
I don't even like Karlie Kloss but she came across soooo much more natural and funny and well behaved in this video.
She just doesn't know when to turn off that damn YT personality....tragic.

I had never really looked into Karlie Kloss but just her mannerisms and way of speaking were very appealing and I actually enjoyed listening to her speak. Emma is just so LOUD. Like,hon, the mic pack is on you not across the damn room.
I agree, Karlie obvi has had training (and it shows) but you'd expect a 17 (i think?) year old girl to understand when to act a little bit more mature.

I was just waiting for her to ask Ghesquière to make her some Louis diapers for that weird piss fetish she's got.

Bottom line: disappointed, but not surprised !
Sorry if I'm Snotty !

sistersnatched
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by sistersnatched »

Emma's agency HAS to tell her to stop acting this way.... hella disappointed they failed to prep her for literally the weekend of her career.

Emma has really really changed... what happened to the teen that loved going out, exploring in car and going to thrift shops or different cafes and seeing her city. All she did was sit on her ass and ordered hotel room service and get driven around by Karlie who seemed more excited to take Emma around than Emma was to see paris. next.

/ edit: the way the video was edited....... also really brought out the worst in emma compared to karlie. i honestly wonder why. it genuinely made emma look bad. feel sorry for her

carlinn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by carlinn »

I really miss her thrifting videos, I never have any luck with the thrift stores I end up going to so to see someone else find good stuff was always fun to see. I know other people do those videos, but I don’t care for them.

salty
Lurker
Lurker

Post by salty »

But if Emma HAD been polished and put together, everyone would have been talking about how she "changed" and her fans would have been mad.

Look at Karly's views on her youtube channel and look at Emma's. LV knows what they are doing. Their traditional avenues (tall glossy models) clearly aren't working for them (as someone described a few pages back, luxury brands are on the decline). They want her to look "relatable" and loud and disheveled to make their brand seem more accessible.

lyddiemarie
Informer
Informer

Post by lyddiemarie »

carlinn wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:43 am
I really miss her thrifting videos, I never have any luck with the thrift stores I end up going to so to see someone else find good stuff was always fun to see. I know other people do those videos, but I don’t care for them.

I'm the opposite. I absolutely adore thrift stores and find amazing things (to the point that I barely shop anywhere else), and so for some reason I hate watching thrift store hauls.
"Doesn't matter - I'm a celebrity!" - James Charles, "MUA"

lyddiemarie
Informer
Informer

Post by lyddiemarie »

sistersnatched wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:44 pm
Emma's agency HAS to tell her to stop acting this way.... hella disappointed they failed to prep her for literally the weekend of her career.

Emma has really really changed... what happened to the teen that loved going out, exploring in car and going to thrift shops or different cafes and seeing her city. All she did was sit on her ass and ordered hotel room service and get driven around by Karlie who seemed more excited to take Emma around than Emma was to see paris. next.

/ edit: the way the video was edited....... also really brought out the worst in emma compared to karlie. i honestly wonder why. it genuinely made emma look bad. feel sorry for her
I completely agree about the way the video was edited - that has to have been completely intentional, and I don't understand why. The only explanation that holds water at all is that they're trying to be more relatable, like one poster said on here just now. I didn't know who Nicholas was, and I suspect that the bulk of the people watching that video didn't either (well... maybe not the bulk, but quite a few). Thing is, I'm younger than Emma is and I can talk to people better than she can despite having social anxiety. I wonder if knowing that hundreds of thousands of people are listening to her and judging her factors into it.

sistersnatched
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by sistersnatched »

lyddiemarie wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:45 am
sistersnatched wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:44 pm

I completely agree about the way the video was edited - that has to have been completely intentional, and I don't understand why. The only explanation that holds water at all is that they're trying to be more relatable, like one poster said on here just now. I didn't know who Nicholas was, and I suspect that the bulk of the people watching that video didn't either (well... maybe not the bulk, but quite a few). Thing is, I'm younger than Emma is and I can talk to people better than she can despite having social anxiety. I wonder if knowing that hundreds of thousands of people are listening to her and judging her factors into it.
I think you're on to something here... If LV truly is trying to be relatable, they are failing MISERABLY at it. really shows the fundamental disconnect between what they know i.e. the world of high fashion and models and what they think they know i.e. reaching out to a popular influencer and immediately equating that to interest and more coin for them. Instead, we get emma who looks like a fish out of water and is just trying her best to be outgoing but being completely intimidated by this new life and experiences around her - and i totally get it: it's so overwhelming.

What LV is forgetting is that emma's charm and influence stems from her humble origins and passion for the simplest and easily accessible things i.e. a good cup of coffee and thrifting. even as she progressed on to unif and UO and brandy, it was still an achievable end goal. It is still emma 2.0 upgrade. teens could still afford this; or at least aspire to. but to take this jump from UO/unif/brandy to LV ??? her fans would just see it as "oh wow emma's boujie now, cool! she looks good, slay queen! she's so awkward, ha. strange". the truth is that emma doesn't believe in LV, it's obvious. it's not her brand and she's a bad actress at lying about it too. this attitude of hers doesn't make anybody feel like buying anything...

Snotgirl
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Snotgirl »

salty wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:36 am
But if Emma HAD been polished and put together, everyone would have been talking about how she "changed" and her fans would have been mad.

Look at Karly's views on her youtube channel and look at Emma's. LV knows what they are doing. Their traditional avenues (tall glossy models) clearly aren't working for them (as someone described a few pages back, luxury brands are on the decline). They want her to look "relatable" and loud and disheveled to make their brand seem more accessible.
As aforementioned, it has to do a lot with the editing of the video. The dichotomy between Karlie Kloss and Emma in the video is just so stark. It's not really that she had to be exactly like Kloss or had to change drastically; she could've remained outgoing without having to be so immature. The same way you're a bit more mature around adult/professional-figures than your friends. No one would think you had changed; they would think you were behaving accordingly to the scenario/situation when being a bit more respectful and professional with your manager/parents. Now, whether it wa sa defense mechanism or she was egged on, I'm not sure. She was still not the right choice.

Having her representing LV was a bad choice, in my opinion. Sure, she gets you more likes and attention, but will it really make a large difference in sales? Now, they look ridiculous to their peers and their brand still isn't doing any better rather than garnering a little bit more of attention on YT or social media.
Sorry if I'm Snotty !

coconutsun
Informer
Informer

Post by coconutsun »

The contrast between Emma and Karlie in that video makes Emma look like shes just one step above a red neck.

btw have you guys seen this video her feet are disgusting, how do they get that black? they wouldnt get that dirty after just a day of walking outside

lyddiemarie
Informer
Informer

Post by lyddiemarie »

coconutsun wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:33 am
The contrast between Emma and Karlie in that video makes Emma look like shes just one step above a red neck.

btw have you guys seen this video her feet are disgusting, how do they get that black? they wouldnt get that dirty after just a day of walking outside

That's... ugh, that's so gross. Where was she walking?

salty
Lurker
Lurker

Post by salty »

Snotgirl wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:04 am
salty wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:36 am

As aforementioned, it has to do a lot with the editing of the video. The dichotomy between Karlie Kloss and Emma in the video is just so stark. It's not really that she had to be exactly like Kloss or had to change drastically; she could've remained outgoing without having to be so immature. The same way you're a bit more mature around adult/professional-figures than your friends. No one would think you had changed; they would think you were behaving accordingly to the scenario/situation when being a bit more respectful and professional with your manager/parents. Now, whether it wa sa defense mechanism or she was egged on, I'm not sure. She was still not the right choice.

Having her representing LV was a bad choice, in my opinion. Sure, she gets you more likes and attention, but will it really make a large difference in sales? Now, they look ridiculous to their peers and their brand still isn't doing any better rather than garnering a little bit more of attention on YT or social media.
See but the fact that is largely the editing of the video means that LV WANTED Emma to appear that way. And I have to imagine they know what it will do to their sales or the perception of their brand better than you or I do.

Call me crazy because I know everyone here disagrees, but if I had watched a video like that as a teenager, I would have thought Karlie seemed old and stodgy, not #goals. Notice Emma called her "big sister vibes" and that hits the nail on the head. She's so polished and put together that it only reinforces LV as an "old person" brand and unattainable/irrelevant for teens.

Emma wasn't there for people actually interested in fashion or for us who are (presumably) on the older side of 21. She's there to make LV relevant to the youths again.

Return to “Emma Chamberlain”