Emma Chamberlain

savanna
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Emma Chamberlain

Post by savanna »

I agree that Emma doesn't have a very strong bond with anyone in that group besides Ethan, with whom I also think she doesn't actually connect on a deeper level. Both Dolans and James all have very dominant characters and they all can say pretty harsh/brutal/blunt comments at times. I remember Emma saying something about James getting under her skin the most because he's sassy (i think it was in the video where they all got hypnotised). I see her losing her confidence in sister squad, especially during these last videos. So I kind of feel sorry for Emma, I think that the girls she hangs out with (Olivia, Ellie etc) create a healthier and more positive environment for her.

desouza
Debater
Debater

Post by desouza »

noodlepoodle wrote:idek what it is but emma seemed so fake in the gift exchange video.. or maybe shes just overwhelmed, i cant tell
when she got her prank gifts the other three were so awkward.. i thought it was funny and they were actually somewhat thought out but
~cheap~ :roll: lets see what her actual gifts are
oh and you can see her new car in the video
When did she get that car?

Code: Select all

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/01/5f/00/015f006ec9094a2efc82fe1cdf0d80b0--celebrities-hair-celebs.jpg

vaguelyviolet
Informer
Informer

Post by vaguelyviolet »

seacuddle wrote:Something I've noticed (okay, kinda obvious) is they act different depending on whose video it is. James acts bratty and rude when filming for the twins/Emma, but cheery and "genuine" when it's his own video. In his video, Emma/the twins seemed like they'd rather be literally anywhere else. I feel like they play everything up for the camera, but when it's off/they're filming for someone else their true dynamics show. It seems like every video they mention how they were fighting before or couldn't film because of the tension. I don't blame Emma for rolling her eyes at James, I myself can't roll my eyes harder at his fake persona after watching him be a brat on someone else's channel.

Id be upset too, if you made me wait to film for your video and on top of that make me get stupid ugly christmas sweaters and rushing it bc we’re late to our santa appointment that was your fault to begin with lmao

Also i notice that they really don’t give a fuck for emmas videos, it’s always so last minute and they can care less which on the bright side they seem more relaxed than usual compared to james and the twins videos where they seem nit picky and perfectionists.

Mosie926
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Mosie926 »

loverlove2you wrote:
seacuddle wrote:Something I've noticed (okay, kinda obvious) is they act different depending on whose video it is. James acts bratty and rude when filming for the twins/Emma, but cheery and "genuine" when it's his own video. In his video, Emma/the twins seemed like they'd rather be literally anywhere else. I feel like they play everything up for the camera, but when it's off/they're filming for someone else their true dynamics show. It seems like every video they mention how they were fighting before or couldn't film because of the tension. I don't blame Emma for rolling her eyes at James, I myself can't roll my eyes harder at his fake persona after watching him be a brat on someone else's channel.

Id be upset too, if you made me wait to film for your video and on top of that make me get stupid ugly christmas sweaters and rushing it bc we’re late to our santa appointment that was your fault to begin with lmao

Also i notice that they really don’t give a fuck for Emma's videos, it’s always so last minute and they couldn't care less which on the bright side they seem more relaxed than usual compared to james and the twins videos where they seem nit picky and perfectionists.
Yes, Emma always seems to be an afterthought. The Dolan's are a unit and James is a unit...Emma is an after thought.

I'm a Lesbian who doesn't understand the straight male world or the gay male world.
If life is like a box of chocolates, why am I getting all the coconut ones :(.

jerseygirl080
Learner
Learner

Post by jerseygirl080 »

ChibiAngel wrote:
TheIlyad wrote:I have a hard time believing that they're genuine friends when I watch any of the Sister Squad videos. It seems more to me that James and Emma idolis(ed) the twins and tried to make the group into a thing. Now the early honeymoon phase is over it's clear that it's not a great fit as a friend group and to me it seems that they all really seem to get on each other's nerves lol.

I could buy the Twins genuinely liking James and Emma, even if they do obviously get annoyed by them often. But I have a hard time believing that James and Emma reeeaallly like each other all that much. Just a vibe I get watching any of their collabs.

I used to hate watch Emma but now it feel more like... pity watching? There's nothing to really hate any more. She has no real identity, nothing she really stands for or represents, nothing from her old 'brand' that really survived the move to LA. Everything about her seems so shallow and empty - lest of all her seemingly fake friends. It's a hard call to say whether in 2019 she'll fade into irrelevancy or head towards some kinda breakdown.
Will admit Emma and James grate on my nerves but...

I finished watching the video and Emma bought James a Stereo/Mic combo for his room and James bought Emma a ton of stuff needed for editing including a terabyte drive (?)...those things really are expensive. So I guess they do like each other they're just not as close as they are to the twins..nothing wrong with that.
I agree! They both got each other very thoughtful gifts. I think James and Emma are suuuuper different and their personalities naturally just clash. James is very professional/business oriented and Emma is a lot more laid back and #relatable. I had a very similar relationship with a roommate in college - I liked her, but only in small doses. But since we lived together, we got on eachother's nerves a LOT. I think there's genuine love there (Emma's whole face would light up every time James would give her a compliment, and they both LOVED the gifts that they got eachother), but they probably just need to give eachother some space more often.

Honestly, the least thoughtful gift of the bunch was Grayson's gift to Emma, especially in comparison the gifts he got James and Ethan. He got James and Ethan these amazing custom designed gifts and then got Emma 2 gucci coffee mugs and gold spoons. Expensive, yes. Thoughtful, not very.

pious
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by pious »

I'm sure they like each other all right, but their fans have thrust them into this squad and anything forced feels like a chore. They definitely would just be acquaintances if "sister squad" wasn't good for all their businesses. James is a creep to Grayson.

coconutsun
Informer
Informer

Post by coconutsun »

i usually like emma but she was annoying me so much in the dolan twins video. idk she was overreacting to her gifts or just being weird about it. I liked her video the best out of the twins + james' videos. I would of rather watched the twins do their own video of them two just giving each other gifts especially since grayson made a little scavenger hunt for ethan. James video was boring and was emma okay in it? she didnt seem to talk much at all She was probably just tired though since it was late and i think grayson said they were filming for five hours which is nuts since they were just making a gingerbread house

Liv23
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Liv23 »

Did anyone notice how when Emma was giving Grayson his gifts in the video Ethan said something about not even knowing what Emma had got Grayson? He didn’t know what James had got him either but didn’t comment on it. Lol

Weird Vagina
Sparkling Unicorn
Sparkling Unicorn

Post by Weird Vagina »

Return to “Emma Chamberlain”