rancherobeans
Learner
Learner

Re: Emma "Legal & Lonely" Chamberlain - Part 4

Post by rancherobeans » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:55 am

gimmethetea wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:11 pm
okay. so. Emma, has gotten really thin.
At first i was like "whatever, she looks great", but in this pregnancy video, idk if its the belly that is making her legs look stick thin or what but she is TINY. her legs are practically non-existent. i'm more concerned about her new body being a bad influence on her younger audience than her pretending to be pregnant. she nor her followers want to get pregnant anytime soon, but everyone in some way struggles with body image. idk man, she's just too thin now.
Yeah, I used to think she was just naturally small (which she is) and the weight loss was the result of a new exercise program, but she’s so tiny now that idk...it’s pretty unlikely that somebody can get *that* thin without devoting some effort to calorie restriction. I remember back in her “preparing for Coachella” video for this year, she’s on the way to soulcycle and she says something like “I’m trying to be small as fuck for Coachella, but you can’t really say that” (definitely misquoting but it was along those lines).

To me, it sounds like she’s actively controlling her diet and exercise to be thinner, but she’s cognizant of the effects this will have on her (very young) audience so she doesn’t really talk about it (aside from the comment I mentioned above, which she maybe should have edited out but whatever). Compare her to Joana Ceddia, for example, who constantly mentions her diet and exercise and who seems to have a slightly unhealthy relationship with food. Not trying to derail the thread to talk about Joana btw, just comparing their approaches to a topic that a lot of teenage girls take a great interest in

ughloml
Informer
Informer

Post by ughloml » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:25 am

rancherobeans wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:55 am
gimmethetea wrote:
At first i was like "whatever, she looks great", but in this pregnancy video, idk if its the belly that is making her legs look stick thin or what but she is TINY. her legs are practically non-existent. i'm more concerned about her new body being a bad influence on her younger audience than her pretending to be pregnant. she nor her followers want to get pregnant anytime soon, but everyone in some way struggles with body image. idk man, she's just too thin now.
Yeah, I used to think she was just naturally small (which she is) and the weight loss was the result of a new exercise program, but she’s so tiny now that idk...it’s pretty unlikely that somebody can get *that* thin without devoting some effort to calorie restriction. I remember back in her “preparing for Coachella” video for this year, she’s on the way to soulcycle and she says something like “I’m trying to be small as fuck for Coachella, but you can’t really say that” (definitely misquoting but it was along those lines).

To me, it sounds like she’s actively controlling her diet and exercise to be thinner, but she’s cognizant of the effects this will have on her (very young) audience so she doesn’t really talk about it (aside from the comment I mentioned above, which she maybe should have edited out but whatever). Compare her to Joana Ceddia, for example, who constantly mentions her diet and exercise and who seems to have a slightly unhealthy relationship with food. Not trying to derail the thread to talk about Joana btw, just comparing their approaches to a topic that a lot of teenage girls take a great interest in
Agree with you 100% don’t get me wrong but I just went back to the preparing for Coachella video because I was horrified that she said that and that I never noticed but she says that she wants to be “swole as fuck” as in buff

rancherobeans
Learner
Learner

Post by rancherobeans » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:13 am

ughloml wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:25 am
rancherobeans wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:55 am
gimmethetea wrote:

Agree with you 100% don’t get me wrong but I just went back to the preparing for Coachella video because I was horrified that she said that and that I never noticed but she says that she wants to be “swole as fuck” as in buff
Oh sh*t sorry, thank you for catching that

paiksuri
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by paiksuri » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:32 pm

inadream wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:15 pm
So she has a camera guy now, and I think maybe an editor? The editing seemed different in this video but she’s also said before that she would never let someone else edit her videos completely so I don’t know

The camera guy sounded exactly like her dad, maybe it was him

Riribeytaysel
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Riribeytaysel » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:00 pm

This is kind of a weird observation but what happened with Emma and Olivia she literally only hangs out w Amanda now. If you look at fan pics, snapchats etc. Olivia seems distant and isn’t doing soul cycle anymore and is doing a more hardcore workout. I wonder what happened I hope it’s not a girdies 2.0

gimmethetea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gimmethetea » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:41 pm

Riribeytaysel wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:00 pm
This is kind of a weird observation but what happened with Emma and Olivia she literally only hangs out w Amanda now. If you look at fan pics, snapchats etc. Olivia seems distant and isn’t doing soul cycle anymore and is doing a more hardcore workout. I wonder what happened I hope it’s not a girdies 2.0
I watched like two seconds of one of Olivia’s videos, she’s so boring I just couldn’t sit through it, but the two seconds I watched she said something like “all my friends love soul cycle, but I’m just not that into it”. I don’t think there’s anything off, she still films in Emma’s apartment from what I could tell from her vlog, she just doesn’t like soul cycle and is doing boxing instead.

inadream
Debater
Debater

Post by inadream » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:34 pm

Riribeytaysel wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:00 pm
She said she didn’t wanna do soulcycle anymore because she wasn’t working out other parts of her body and wasn’t getting strong from it so she stopped and started going to another gym (which honestly is smart and something Emma should do too). They still hang out, we just always see her with Amanda because literally the only time Emma meets fans or snaps really is after soulcycle and only her and Amanda go now. Her and Olivia are definitely still friends Emma was just in her last video

full_send
Talker
Talker

Post by full_send » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:46 pm

paiksuri wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:32 pm
inadream wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:15 pm
So she has a camera guy now, and I think maybe an editor? The editing seemed different in this video but she’s also said before that she would never let someone else edit her videos completely so I don’t know

The camera guy sounded exactly like her dad, maybe it was him
It's believed that Emma hired Kyle Houck, the Dolan Twins cameraman, for her latest I'm Pregnant?? video, the first time she has had someone other than a friend / family hold the vlog camera for her. It's also believed that Emma helped the Dolans film some of their videos late last year, with Kyle filming Grayson and Emma filming Ethan for separate but simultaneous scenes. Emma and Kyle probably know each other pretty well, at the least he filmed her in the Dolans become Emma video last month.

It is speculated that Emma also has help editing this video. Although there are a few editing techniques not used before in this video, Emma does switch these up, adding and subtracting from the template she favors.

full_send
Talker
Talker

Post by full_send » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:54 pm

Emma: "I'm never having a public relationship. That's gross." - in W Magazine last month

Also Emma: Seen regularly in public with the Dolans, Emma and Ethan hovering close to each other, fan pics showing this. Then she posts on her Members Q & A a short but personally impassioned requirement for emotional maturity in a partner. Then she posts a I'm Pregnant (it's an experiment) video and asks her viewers to guess who the baby daddy would be, saying she would get married and have babies if "bae comes through." The Dolans then post a video of themselves being in a womb.

Just what does she think the reactions will be to so many references to her romantic / fertility life? Some people here on GG think they do this for views, I don't disagree. They can't hide and not hide at the same time.

I think if Emma and Ethan were regular high school / college kids, they would post to their 150 Facebook and IG friends something about their relationship. But they are not living normal lives and have millions of nosy strangers staring at them (who also pay their rent) and anything they say or do winds up not just on YT / Twitter / IG, but also on TMZ, People, Cosmopolitan. Emma can't be asking about "baby daddies" and then be resentful that the Ethma fandom blasts them with responses to this.

SqueakLola
Naughty
Naughty

Post by SqueakLola » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:31 pm

full_send wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:54 pm
Emma: "I'm never having a public relationship. That's gross." - in W Magazine last month

Also Emma: Seen regularly in public with the Dolans, Emma and Ethan hovering close to each other, fan pics showing this. Then she posts on her Members Q & A a short but personally impassioned requirement for emotional maturity in a partner. Then she posts a I'm Pregnant (it's an experiment) video and asks her viewers to guess who the baby daddy would be, saying she would get married and have babies if "bae comes through." The Dolans then post a video of themselves being in a womb.

Just what does she think the reactions will be to so many references to her romantic / fertility life? Some people here on GG think they do this for views, I don't disagree. They can't hide and not hide at the same time.

I think if Emma and Ethan were regular high school / college kids, they would post to their 150 Facebook and IG friends something about their relationship. But they are not living normal lives and have millions of nosy strangers staring at them (who also pay their rent) and anything they say or do winds up not just on YT / Twitter / IG, but also on TMZ, People, Cosmopolitan. Emma can't be asking about "baby daddies" and then be resentful that the Ethma fandom blasts them with responses to this.
I totally agree with you, if now 18 year old Emma and Ethan posted all on their social medias if they were regular people all their as you said 150 friends would like and love. Being in the limelight and as private as the Meathead Twins appear to be it's not possible. I in my heart of hearts thinks that former fan Emma who would have loved to announce being in a relationship with Ethan(alleged), so many couple posts would have been made. The privacy thing is all on the Twins IMO.
Natarinna <3
Limiko <3

full_send
Talker
Talker

Post by full_send » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:48 pm

Today Emma was written up in a long New York Times article (see below) and declared to be "the funniest person on YouTube." She was also featured on the NYTimesFashion IG page (see above). Last week, the Atlantic Monthly declared her "the most important YouTuber today." Last month, W Magazine declared her "the most interesting girl on YouTube."

I'm an Emma stan, but this is GG which tends toward drag rather than rave, so I will just side with neutrality and wonder if these journalists believe what they are writing about her. I will cite numbers and facts and defend against factual misinformation, but these hyperbolic opinions in these magazines are not even what the stan accounts would say. Do any of these writers watch other YouTubers, has YouTube just been discovered by the mainstream media? Or were these same apocalyptic ravings of paradise found written about Liza Koshy, Jake Paul, Jenna Marbles a few years ago? We are all jumping up and down with joy in the stan Twitter / IG accounts. Emma can just retire, she has been declared the best at her craft out of millions of creators by the most (generally) respected news sources in the nation (NYT, Atlantic), so what does she do now?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/09/styl ... utube.html

full_send
Talker
Talker

Post by full_send » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:58 pm

SqueakLola wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:31 pm
full_send wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:54 pm

I totally agree with you, if now 18 year old Emma and Ethan posted all on their social medias if they were regular people all their as you said 150 friends would like and love. Being in the limelight and as private as the Meathead Twins appear to be it's not possible. I in my heart of hearts thinks that former fan Emma who would have loved to announce being in a relationship with Ethan(alleged), so many couple posts would have been made. The privacy thing is all on the Twins IMO.
I agree with you as well in that I have not trusted the Twins since Emma started collabing with them. My belief has been that they have some mandated personal / family / management directive to never have a public girlfriend as long as they have their channel for fear they would lose their single aura to their 14 year old fans who want to grow up and marry them. (Of course Emma was one of those, so there is that.)

Or, in order to prevent an imbalance, they can have public girlfriends, but have to do this at the same time, so Emma and Ethan would have to wait for Grayson, who on the down low is apparently horndogging his way through LA (see the Dolan thread), so this is not going to happen.

But with Emma declaring she does not want to be public with such force, I think that has to do with them coupling / breaking up, and the break up is not what she wants public. Bay Area Emma wanted a boyfriend and would have been happy to show this, but LA Emma may see the downside of this and be wary, until there has been nothing but joy for 6 consecutive months or more.

infjunicorn
Talker
Talker

Post by infjunicorn » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:21 am

I don't understand these challenge videos people do like dressing up and going to the store? Not just Emma, tons of people do them, but specifically referring to her fake pregnancy video -- obviously people are going to look at you and try to figure out wtf is going on if you blatantly have a cameraman following you around!? They're always like "ughhh omg people are looking!!!" sis they're not prob even looking AT you they're trying to figure out what/why you're filming in a Target lmao. Cameras attract attention regardless of the subject matter. I carried a go pro around at a music festival and I got bunch of high fives and people coming up to me bc they wanted to be in my footage. It's not rocket science.
Really..how sensitive you are. Can you feel...THIS? :love2:

full_send
Talker
Talker

Post by full_send » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:28 pm

SnapChat announced yesterday that Emma will be one of 19 creators who will be posting "mini-reality" five minutes show / series on their platform, including celebrities such as Arnold Schwarzenegger, Serena Williams, YouTubers, Loren Grey, Faze Banks etc. Summer McKeen has been doing one, and hers is kind of terrible, according to many who watch it. Emma's so far is "Untitled" with no launch date yet. Her name was first in the title about this, so obviously SnapChat believes Emma will be a / the biggest draw. Apparently, there is now a way for SnapChat to monetize these short videos, and in fact at VidCon today all the platforms from Twitter to Pinterest are announcing plans to add more video options to try and compete with YouTube.

As a fan of Emma, I care only about YouTube videos being uploaded about once per week. Her Stupid Genius audio-only podcast is fine, but all other platforms are relevant only in so far as her YouTube videos are funny and popular and uploaded with a minimum of about once per 7 - 9 days.

Emma posted a filtered Snap today of herself holding a PAPER copy of the NY Times with her full page modeling spread as "the funniest person on YouTube," which means all the older readers who don't care about anything online will see her. It's rare for Emma to acknowledge any praise, any of the articles that have been gassing her up, her new nomination for a Teen Choice award, she did not acknowledge hit 8mil subs. I think Emma wishes she had just a few hundred followers, the ones she jokes with in the Twitter stan accounts, but can't deal with the rest of the world. Australian Elle magazine recently posted that she is the 13th richest female YouTuber, worth about $3 million USA, and is by far the youngest and newest channel on the list, so she may not want to acknowledge her popularity but is certainly earning from it.

Yesterday the Dolan Twins announced they are launching perfume / fragrances named Wakeheart. Ethan's fragrance will smell like almonds and vanilla. He tweeted, "It smells like everything that I love in this world." There is a clip of Emma with Ellie from last year with Ellie saying Emma smells like baby almonds, and of course Emma is all about almond milk and vanilla oat milk. Either Ethan tweeted the most romantic thing ever, or they are playing this up as the entire Ethma fandom tweeted back, "You re-recreated Emma in this fragrance, everything you love in this world."

Hollister posted a photoshoot and a fun video collab they did with Emma a few months back. Emma's mom can be seen in the video with a vlog camera for about a second. The video was first on Hollister's website, but now you can view it here on YouTube:

full_send
Talker
Talker

Post by full_send » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:57 pm

I think this is on topic enough to post, and gives some insight to those curious about Emma's dad and his view on Emma's success in relation to her health and happiness:

sarstar112
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sarstar112 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:26 pm

Lol @ Emma’s dad zooming in on her and the dolan twins and then pointing out his paintings in the background he’s even subtly teasing the ethma tea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChibiAngel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ChibiAngel » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:19 am

I thought Ethan was allergic to almonds? lol
-There is only the truth and your opinion-

:corn: :corn:

inadream
Debater
Debater

Post by inadream » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:49 am

ChibiAngel wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:19 am
I thought Ethan was allergic to almonds? lol
He said he was but in the last video Emma did with them he said he was drinking an almond milk latte so he isn’t. I guess Grayson was right about him making up his allergies lol he’s so dramatic. Emma also said he’s the most placebo person she’s ever met

lapaat
Learner
Learner

Post by lapaat » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:09 am

Anyone from Toronto? - there’s an article about her in the Toronto Star. It says she makes 120,000 usd a week. Also starts with “Emma chamberlain, 18, is the funniest person on YouTube” . So many thoughts.

alexarose1
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Emma

Post by alexarose1 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:53 am

lapaat wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:09 am
Anyone from Toronto? - there’s an article about her in the Toronto Star. It says she makes 120,000 usd a week. Also starts with “Emma chamberlain, 18, is the funniest person on YouTube” . So many thoughts.

sounds like the same article The Atlantic published earlier just reprinted

also a random side thought:
seeing Emma in all these articles just proves to me that you can get anywhere in life being mediocre if you’re white and skinny lmao.

inadream
Debater
Debater

Post by inadream » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:37 pm

Fans met Emma and Ethan before Soulcycle today and posted pictures and then other fans on twitter sent DMs to HollywoodFix to go because they were there (which shouldn’t have happened... weird invasion of privacy) and someone went and waited for their class to end. The guy straight up asks if they’re dating and says that’s what everyone is saying and Emma says “But have we said it? Not yet”. He also asks about the texture of Emma’s lips because of Ethan’s tweet (they definitely aren’t crusty) and Ethan says he’s never felt them and Emma says “you can look at them if you want”. Emma handles it pretty well but Ethan seems like he wants to die lol

yellowbowl
Learner
Learner

Post by yellowbowl » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:48 pm

Emma handled the Hollywood Fix guy SO well. And the fact that she jumped into pics so readily while dripping sweat was very nice. She has a very assertive personality that will do well for her in her career if she remains in the public spotlight. I'm honestly glad to see that she can take control of the conversation like that instead of get flustered or rude. She also handled the Tana questions really well about if she was invited/not invited.

Fitwithbritt
Informer
Informer

Post by Fitwithbritt » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:50 pm

This is my first time stumbling on Emma and wtf... Not to be rude but does this plain looking girl have an affiliation with Louis Vuitton??

Cheesey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Cheesey » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:50 pm

inadream wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:37 pm
Fans met Emma and Ethan before Soulcycle today and posted pictures and then other fans on twitter sent DMs to HollywoodFix to go because they were there (which shouldn’t have happened... weird invasion of privacy) and someone went and waited for their class to end. The guy straight up asks if they’re dating and says that’s what everyone is saying and Emma says “But have we said it? Not yet”. He also asks about the texture of Emma’s lips because of Ethan’s tweet (they definitely aren’t crusty) and Ethan says he’s never felt them and Emma says “you can look at them if you want”. Emma handles it pretty well but Ethan seems like he wants to die lol

wow the second hand embarrassment

ughloml
Informer
Informer

Post by ughloml » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:02 pm

I literally had to watch that video through gritted teeth because I was cringing so hard, but all videos from the Hollywood fix make me feel like that so it’s not new lmao.
Emma handled it super well. Ethan seems so different to how he portrays himself in his own videos which isn’t surprising but is just really weird to watch.
The fact that Emma said they hadn’t said they’re dating “yet” will send/probably has sent stans into absolute meltdown

Return to “Emma Chamberlain”