Amelia Liana

ashleym
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Amelia Liana

Post by ashleym »

I stumble across her videos every now and then. All in all, I don't have much to complain about since I don't watch her that often but I feel like she's def like Fleur in the privileged department.

Also is Greg her bf? In a recent vlog she referred to him as "my friend, Greg." I thought they were dating...

Tsubaki
Informer
Informer

Re: Amelia Liana

Post by Tsubaki »

Amelia has a thread in the 'abhorred bloggers' section: http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 4&start=50 (However, I think she belongs in the Youtube section now.)

Amelia's probably more privileged than Fleur in that her family has more money, and some of her friends come from some of the richest families in the UK. If Amelia wasn't doing this Youtube gig, she'd probably be a socialite or something. Her father is Rick Sopher. Wiki that and you'll get what sort of money she comes from. Her mother does a lot of philanthropy work.

I guess the similarity between her and Fleur is that they handle their wealth gracefully. While I enjoy watching Fleur for her reviews and her vlogs, I'm not sure what I enjoy from Amelia. Her vlogs aren't anything to rave about but she gets to travel a lot and I'm living vicariously through that.

ashleym
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ashleym »

Tsubaki wrote:Amelia has a thread in the 'abhorred bloggers' section: http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 4&start=50 (However, I think she belongs in the Youtube section now.)

Amelia's probably more privileged than Fleur in that her family has more money, and some of her friends come from some of the richest families in the UK. If Amelia wasn't doing this Youtube gig, she'd probably be a socialite or something. Her father is Rick Sopher. Wiki that and you'll get what sort of money she comes from. Her mother does a lot of philanthropy work.

I guess the similarity between her and Fleur is that they handle their wealth gracefully. While I enjoy watching Fleur for her reviews and her vlogs, I'm not sure what I enjoy from Amelia. Her vlogs aren't anything to rave about but she gets to travel a lot and I'm living vicariously through that.
Thanks for the info! She does seem genuine, but I feel like she is always "feeling spendy" haha. I guess she can afford to though so kudos to her. Do you know if she went to school or anything?

bitchesbelike
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bitchesbelike »

^^ she did indeed go to school and uni. And Greg is just her friend, I'm sure he has a girlfriend. Like the OP said above there is a thread for her in another section and if you click through we have talked about Greg and her going to uni etc, so I'm sure you'll find all you need to know there :)

ashleym
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ashleym »

thanks!

holly golightly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by holly golightly »

Glad she has a thread here now just to have a general chat about her videos if anything, though I don't really think she's one I'd necessarily "trash". She's one of the better gurus at the moment, but we'll see if/how that changes.

I think the biggest thing people would have a problem with when it comes to Amelia is that, similar to Fleur and sunbeamsjess, she comes from money and because of that can't quite as easily relate to a lot of her viewers who don't come from that background, for example her idea of "budget" is not that same as some of the teenagers who watch her who have £5 a week pocket money to spend or university students who are just looking for something cheap that'll make do. Which of course is not her fault and it's a kind of harsh thing to judge her on. Plus all three of those youtubers are actually my favourites to watch because they actually are very respectful to their viewers and come across well in their videos, even when they are sponsored. They don't tend to talk down quite as much as the likes of Zoella, Gabby etc

murtay
Informer
Informer

Post by murtay »

Another thing I like about her, despite being very fortunate, she's has great assortment of make up that's both high-end and drugstore.

tired_of_bs
Naughty
Naughty

Post by tired_of_bs »

All her makeup tutorials are literally the same whether she uses highend or drugstore makeup......... :?

NotEvenALittle
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by NotEvenALittle »

I agree that despite her privilege she seems very genuine and down-to-earth...and hardworking. She uploads quite a bit, and they tend to be pretty high-quality videos. Although I must say, she and Estee are both the worst when it comes to sponsored videos...I find they go on and on raving about the product, and then we never hear about it again. I don't even think it's intentional/shady, I think they often genuinely like the product, but having gotten it for free, they don't really think through whether it's good value for money, and just parrot the PR blurb they're given because they don't give it much thought in a broader sense.

I have to say, Fleur is excellent about this; if she has a sponsored video and the product is face wipes, she'll talk about face wipes in general (what she uses them for, tips/tricks on how to make them more useful) and then mention the specific brand pretty quickly, so the content is useful outside the product recommendation. The effect is that I'll watch a sponsored Fleur video to the end, while sponsored content from Amelia (and Estee) I tend to click off pretty quickly. (Although to be fair, they tend not to have quite as MUCH sponsored content as Fleur does)

windranger
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by windranger »

Do you guys think she got another nose job? It seems to me she deprojected her nose a bit more, but it might be the contouring. Dunno why I'm under impression she did something to her nose again, however smth quite minimal. She really looks amazing in her last few videos, her face is more opened and profile better. I might be just losing my mind. She looks great, though :tu:

ashleym
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ashleym »

Idk it looks the same to me. In her most recent vlog it seems the same but in her jewelry line pictures her profile is more flat. Prob just some photoshop.
It looks the same in her videos to me though

ashleym
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ashleym »

Now looking at her birthday blog it does seem flatter... but in her most recent one it seems like the old nose. Is it possible she uploaded out of order?

VanessaVanity
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by VanessaVanity »

I usually enjoy her videos and her vlogs. Agree about living vicariously through her travels, I am so envious of the jet-setty lifestyle she has!

The only complaint I have is why does she have to not only be friends with that awful Estee, but she includes her in WAAAAY too many videos. Just YUCK. Luckily, though, she's kind enough to include Estee's pic in the thumbnail of the videos she's in so I can avoid those.
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

holly golightly
Gossiper
Gossiper

AMELIA NO!!!!

sorry that was overdramatic. But what I'm trying to say is that I'm disappointed she's signed to Vessel.

Lime
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lime »

Her comments are on fire right now, lol. Joining Vessel when you are at a position to buy all your followers Vessel subscriptions yourself? No thank you. I wonder if her management and Estee egged her on to join this nonsense. It's not these people are creating top notch content that we HAVE to see them as early as possible, who gives a damn? A handful of monthly favourites and half arsed tutorials can wait for weeks for all I care. It's unbelievable how money hungry people can be, regardless of their backgrounds.
English is not my native language, excuse the mistakes.

holly golightly
Gossiper
Gossiper

i had such a giggle over the random guy who came up behind her and started talking to the camera when she was vlogging in the gift shop. How do you even respond to that?

Post by Guest »

Bumping this thread. Does anybody still watch Amelia? Anyways, I've been enjoying her vlogmas so far! Yep, she's spoilt and has a great life... I can't look away.

ECH
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ECH »

Her vlogmas is my favourite so far this year! I like that she's using Vlogmas to raise money for charity.

BlackHearted
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BlackHearted »

There's a more active board for her over here:

http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=17294

<3

Return to “Amelia Liana”