FatPrincess
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

JackSepticEye

Post by FatPrincess »

With 3.6M subscribers, it's about time someone got their own thread :tu:

Sean has an account on the site. Just something to be aware of this before posting.

skettyburnochurno
Informer
Informer

Re: JackSepticEye

Post by skettyburnochurno »

Oh my gosh, fp. Haha!!

And so true!! I was considering hijacking another thread and turning it into a jse appreciation for st. Pat's, but looks like I won't even need to. ;)
Lucky me, right?

I'll start us off then, because I'm great at running my mouth it seems.

I think Jack's pretty chill. Nothing to really criticize him over tbh--he's polite and doesn't start shit with other people, so there's a plus. I haven't been watching his stuff for all that long, less than a year I think, so I can't really talk about him then to now.

ALTHOUGH, his accent way back was too funny. I was prowling a few of his older vids some days ago (the horror games) and it really stood out as odd. Slower/clearer maybe? Either way, inorganic (at least compared to how he talks now) and soooo funny!! :rofl:
Why did people accuse him of faking his Irish accent again? Was it because of his voice then or now? I'm sure there's a tell all story about this, I've just skipped over it!! Either way, watch old jse vids for clunky, awkward goodness.

skettyburnochurno
Informer
Informer

Also, best and most applicable picture ever. I'll imagine that's his gging face if ever he pops by. :tu:

punklester
Learner
Learner

Post by punklester »

JACK THREAD!! :D
will add more tomorrow, time for bed!

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer

Post by shyguyflys »

YEEEEEEEEE. My prayers have been answered! I can now put my Jack love in a proper place.

Sketty, yep, people accuse him of having a fake Irish accent because of how different he sounds in his older videos compared to his videos now. They claim that he sounded more "American" in the past. However, he was unsure of his craft at the time (he's so much more animated now) and has specifically pointed it out that his current accent has always been his accent.

Anywho, has anyone watched his newest vids? He released a new Escapists finally. I mean, I understand why he's not releasing Escapists as often anymore, but I really like this particular one so it's a bit saddening. :(

FatPrincess
Talker
Talker

Post by FatPrincess »

That typo in my first post is really going to bug me, and I can't fix it.

This is the video I see people mention when discussing the authenticity of his accent. To me, it sounds completely forced and doesn't read as an authentic US accent at all, but there are some sillies who claim this is his real voice.

FatPrincess
Talker
Talker

Post by FatPrincess »

Also, I found this old milestone video, where he reacts to the way he used to talk in some of his videos.

He hit 200K less than a year ago. Surely he's setting some kind of record for channel growth.

skettyburnochurno
Informer
Informer

Ah, his old accent, from the bits I've heard, is so painfully Irish-trying-to-not-sound-Irish...you'd think the accusation would've gone the other way, haha. Like, I couldn't imagine anyone thinking he sounded American!!! :D
That's not a bad thing either--I like his accent either way, it was just so different.

And I haven't watched escapists :( I was going to....then I remembered I don't really like the game, so I was like, eh--later. I'll get on it so I can discuss with you, haha.

The most current I watched was the lynx babies one. Those babies would not stealth and kept jumping in the river!! :o

One that's not super current, but that I loved enough to watch and watch again were his scribblenauts vids. I LOVE those so much. If he made a long series out of THAT I certainly wouldn't complain.

And yeah.....jse is hotter than Hansel right now. Haha. It's CRAZY.

skettyburnochurno
Informer
Informer

Also, how long has he been youtubing....??? Not terribly long, but like what, a couple years tops?? Maybe?? I hate coming late to the party, and now I have all these jse channel questions. Haha, I'll just Google it...

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer

Post by shyguyflys »

@Sketty, I just really like The Escapists. I like the strategy involved, I guess you can say. Also, it says he's been on YouTube since 2007, but I noticed when looking at his videos that they didn't start until late 2012.

jacksepticeye
Talker
Talker

Post by jacksepticeye »

A jacksepticeye thread?..... uh oh hahaha

I've always been very honest about myself online though so if anyone wants to know anything feel free to ask :)

skettyburnochurno
Informer
Informer

jacksepticeye wrote:A jacksepticeye thread?..... uh oh hahaha

I've always been very honest about myself online though so if anyone wants to know anything feel free to ask :)
Don't worry Jack!! No need to be concerned. ;)

How's your afternoon??

Also, how are you feeling after last night's drama? No offense, but I had to laugh a bit--you're consistent in saying people run away with things and a some hours after posting here to clear up potential rumors....you're right back on YouTube clearing up potential rumors. How exhausting!!

I need to lurk your fandom, man--clearly I wasn't terribly aware of how serious people take you. I have to see what people are saying about your weird little jokes....it'll be like a fun game of jacksepticeye "-ism" bingo and your viewers can be the callers. Haha! :rofl:

jacksepticeye
Talker
Talker

Post by jacksepticeye »

skettyburnochurno wrote:
jacksepticeye wrote:A jacksepticeye thread?..... uh oh hahaha

Don't worry Jack!! No need to be concerned. ;)

How's your afternoon??

Also, how are you feeling after last night's drama? No offense, but I had to laugh a bit--you're consistent in saying people run away with things and a some hours after posting here to clear up potential rumors....you're right back on YouTube clearing up potential rumors. How exhausting!!

I need to lurk your fandom, man--clearly I wasn't terribly aware of how serious people take you. I have to see what people are saying about your weird little jokes....it'll be like a fun game of jacksepticeye "-ism" bingo and your viewers can be the callers. Haha! :rofl:
It's just Tumblr being Tumblr really. Someone said I was racist towards Mexicans which I didn't feel like I was, so I explained myself and apparently it drew way more attention to a non topic than it should have and blew up in my face.
It also happened a few weeks ago with someone calling me transphobic because while playing Stranded Deep I said I didn't know what gender my raft was cos I couldn't see its genitals. That apparently meant I was transphobic.
This stuff happens on a near constant basis online though so you get used to dealing with it and waiting for it to blow over.

Problem is I like addressing issues people have and being open and honest about things but it ends up drawing attention to it and people like to poke holes in everything then. So I wonder do I ignore it from now on and let it pass or address it and stop rumours

ebbandflow989
Informer
Informer

Post by ebbandflow989 »

jacksepticeye wrote: Problem is I like addressing issues people have and being open and honest about things but it ends up drawing attention to it and people like to poke holes in everything then. So I wonder do I ignore it from now on and let it pass or address it and stop rumours
sorry to hear about that. im not active on any social media so i dont want to pretend to understand how difficult it is to navigate a sea of people trying to find a reason to hate you. but a meaningful online presence means you inspire discussion, so good on your for that.

being 100% transparent is a noble aspiration, but realistically not feasible in the long term especially with the size of your audience and commenting on every ridiculous rumor would be all consuming. in general, i noticed the less you say the more impact what you do say has. i hope you just continue to build and reinforce your reputation as an good honest authentic person that ridiculous rumors become a non-issue in the larger picture. good luck with everything .

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer

Post by shyguyflys »

In relation to Ireland, Mexico is geographically closer to the equator, thus they have warmer temperatures. That's not discriminatory; that's a scientific fact. Furthermore, there are studies that indicate that it is a natural phenomenon for people to be more angry in areas that are hot. Again, that's not discriminatory. What happened to Jack was a classic case of words being misconstrued (I would NEVER say this had Jack's comment really been blatantly discriminatory - if I felt that Jack was intentionally trying to harm somebody). I wish the people who thought Jack said a wrong comment would have talked to him privately about their concerns instead of posting it on social media; they attracted more people to the situation than was necessary and subjected themselves to harsh ridicule.

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer

Post by shyguyflys »

In relation to Ireland, Mexico is geographically closer to the equator, thus they have warmer temperatures. That's not discriminatory; that's a scientific fact. Furthermore, there are studies that indicate that it is a natural phenomenon for people to be more angry in areas that are hot. Again, that's not discriminatory. What happened to Jack was a classic case of words being possibly misconstrued. I wish the people who thought Jack said a wrong comment would have talked to him privately about their concerns instead of posting it on social media; they attracted more people to the situation than was necessary and subjected themselves to harsh ridicule.

AndiFloyd
Learner
Learner

Post by AndiFloyd »

jacksepticeye wrote:It's just Tumblr being Tumblr really. Someone said I was racist towards Mexicans which I didn't feel like I was, so I explained myself and apparently it drew way more attention to a non topic than it should have and blew up in my face.
It also happened a few weeks ago with someone calling me transphobic because while playing Stranded Deep I said I didn't know what gender my raft was cos I couldn't see its genitals. That apparently meant I was transphobic.
This stuff happens on a near constant basis online though so you get used to dealing with it and waiting for it to blow over.

Problem is I like addressing issues people have and being open and honest about things but it ends up drawing attention to it and people like to poke holes in everything then. So I wonder do I ignore it from now on and let it pass or address it and stop rumours
God, dude, I didn't realize you were such a rad guy! With each post you make on this site I find myself liking you more and more, why are you so nice??!

If I could just throw my two cents in about the Tumblr drama, if I were in that position, I wouldn't apologize for what I said if I didn't see that what I said was wrong (and what you said wasn't wrong, I saw the episode, it wasn't racist in the least). I'd probably acknowledge the people who are having an issue and throw out an "it's unfortunate that you feel that way" kinda comment, but in a nice context, and then move forward from there. The heat will cool down eventually.

And the fact that you acknowledged it speaks a lot, shows you honestly pay attention to your community when they have something to say - even if what they're saying isn't something positive. You don't just pay attention to the shiny, happy, ass-kissing portion of your subscriber base (like some people we know) but to all of it in general.

I think you know what you're doing, you know how to handle things, you've got a level head. Just follow your gut in these situations.

punklester
Learner
Learner

Post by punklester »

the thing i like most about Jack is how open he is, and how he'll come here/tumblr and will address issues.
you're one hell of a guy.
p.s - i know you have no more plans for i am bread soon, but dear god i love that series of yours 10/10, would cry with laughter again.

jacksepticeye
Talker
Talker

Post by jacksepticeye »

AndiFloyd wrote:
And the fact that you acknowledged it speaks a lot, shows you honestly pay attention to your community when they have something to say - even if what they're saying isn't something positive. You don't just pay attention to the shiny, happy, ass-kissing portion of your subscriber base (like some people we know) but to all of it in general.
Thank you very much! I wouldn't say I'm all that great or "rad" haha I'm just not an asshole :P

I think moving forward I will just sympathise and move on from those comments instead of trying to overly explain everything, because good or bad it doesn't matter how I justify my reasons, it still goes down bad to some people and leads to problems.
I do listen VERY heavily to what people say about me or the feedback on the channel etc. because it's hugely important to me. That sort of interactivity and engagement are the main reasons for the channel's success and growth. Lord knows the stuff in my videos isn't the most unique but the community around the channel is :)
ronniestigs wrote:the thing i like most about Jack is how open he is, and how he'll come here/tumblr and will address issues.
you're one hell of a guy.
p.s - i know you have no more plans for i am bread soon, but dear god i love that series of yours 10/10, would cry with laughter again.
Well honesty makes me more relatable and personable. People can enjoy things a lot more if they see you as just a person or a friend rather than some big shot famous youtuber type person. I've always cherished that sort of bond and want to keep it open and genuine as long as I can.
Also you will be happy to know more I Am Bread is going up in like 15 mins :P

punklester
Learner
Learner

Post by punklester »

i think you go a long way in making yourself seem open and genuine, it's so refreshing. :tu:
oh awesome, i shall get ready to go watch it!!

Return to “JackSepticEye”