Lucia Pulls Orange (The New Neutral) Part 5

claradion
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Lucia Pulls Orange (The New Neutral) Part 5

Post by claradion »

New thread for Lucia Tepper and all of her neutral palettes
She actually would never own this unless someone sent it for free. It’s a neutrals palette anyway. It also doesn’t inspire me. It also doesn’t have a colorstory.
I’m the worst of the worst

Slackerbitch
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Lucia Pulls Orange (The New Neutral)

Post by Slackerbitch »

Isn't this the third "realistic" makeup collection video we've seen this year?

claradion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by claradion »

Clover la BonBon
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Clover la BonBon »

Does this girl eat beauty blenders?

litnerd
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by litnerd »

She wouldn't want that Viseart palette, not enough blues.

Not_a_sponsored_post
Talker
Talker

Post by Not_a_sponsored_post »

I can't even begin to say how bored I am with her collection videos. She shows the same stuff every time she shops her stash, so it's completely unnecessary to show the same products again and just rename the video as a collection.

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

Slackerbitch wrote:Isn't this the third "realistic" makeup collection video we've seen this year?
But not even as close as how much collection videos Paige / Thrifty Beauty did.

hcburbs
Debater
Debater

Post by hcburbs »

following!

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

Maybe we need to add Part 5 in the title, to keep track.

Not_a_sponsored_post
Talker
Talker

Post by Not_a_sponsored_post »

There's a few comments on her video about how so much of the stuff was sent to her for free. I'm surprised she hasn't deleted them yet.

litnerd
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by litnerd »

Her filming setup is so ridiculous, with the ring light reflecting in the mirror behind her. She had the same problem in her dorm last year too.

buywhatyoulike
Informer
Informer

Post by buywhatyoulike »

litnerd wrote:She wouldn't want that Viseart palette, not enough blues.
Plus it'd have to be sent in PR to her, she doesn't consider buying bundles of singles from indie companies, let alone the pricetag Viseart asks for :rofl:
hcburbs wrote:havent watched a video of hers for a couple of weeks. but it seems to me , from watching her last one, her vocabulary is not improving. everything is either "good" or "not good," or she "loves" something or doesn't. no explanation or variation.

and I have seen plenty of people who are really enjoyable to watch on youtube have these types of "realistic" videos, but I wish they'd just drop that name and instead just say "small collection" or "medium-sized" collection videos. Or just drop that all together and say "My Collection," etc. Because everyone has their own definition of realistic
Nance wrote:How many 'realistic' collection video do we need in a year? I thought she was over the realistic / minimalist thing.

I still think the 'realistic' adjective is low-key passive aggressive and self-congratulating, one of the reason I can't relate to those kind of youtubers.
'My collection is always changing' not an anti-consumerist motto, so what the point of self-patting for keeping a smaller collection? that other people have the honour of using her used makeup? Plus her collection is not minimalist or 'that' small either, so this is still 'I'm not like other gurus' all over again more than anything else.
I agree with the thought that if only youtubers would stop saying 'my realistic collection'. It is misleading. And it can be a little shaming honestly to anyone who might have more. And it does feel self-congratulating to me too. Ridiculously so to me, because again as said above, everyone's collection is unique, and what is realistic for them is all subjective. Saying and showing collections like Chia's and labelling that realistic, isn't true because every person is different. Plus not realistic because so much of what she's got or has recently decluttered has been from PR or Octoly. Using the title realistic collection just feels like click bait to me at this point. I could upload a video with 50 something palettes and it'd be just as realistic if the products were enjoyed.

Completely agree on the 'my collection is always changing' motto, not an anti-consumerist motto at all. I know she has her own deluded definition of the term, but the fact is, anti-consumerism is a term already defined and she can't give it a new definition so it suits her to save face for using said term. And anyone first coming to her channel, they don't come into it thinking 'she must have her own definition of anti-consumerism'. Getting new stuff in and cycling out others to make space for more new things isn't anti-consumerist.

And how she talks about donating certain used products because they're not good, or considering trying to when they're well used or outright unhygienic is disgusting. As said before these people don't need or should be getting the trash or gross products others don't want anymore. Its a privileged and ignorant view, when you act like its doing others good to get these trash products. If someone is bringing in so many products into their collection that they don't like, then maybe they should be looking at the products in greater depth before they decide to get them. Especially Chia; anti-consumerism is being conscious of what you're using, or buying. And she's admitted before she had chance to pick what Shop Hush sent her in that initial PR haul. It's not being consistently 'self-conscious' when it comes time to declutter your collection back to a small size to make room for more.

As Lucia and some others love to spout when they get certain criticism, there are no rules in makeup. So really, no rules in makeup, then it implied to me that there are no actual concrete guideline amounts of this is a realistic collection and this other one is not.

Chia is just trying hard again to seem relatable and like a regular student :roll: Apologies about the length on this!
"Buy a mug." - Moochia Tapper.

Schweetums
Talker
Talker

Post by Schweetums »

claradion wrote:New thread for Lucia Tepper and all of her neutral palettes
[url=<a class="vglnk" href="https://postimages.org/]Image[/url" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>postimages</span><span>.</span><span>org</span><span>/][</span><span>img</span><span>]</span><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>i</span><span>.</span><span>postimg</span><span>.</span><span>cc</span><span>/</span><span>kMpZqw6Y</span><span>/</span><span>FC0</span><span>_</span><span>C7</span><span>_</span><span>FAD</span><span>-</span><span>272</span><span>_</span><span>A</span><span>-</span><span>47</span><span>_</span><span>BC</span><span>-</span><span>8</span><span>_</span><span>A8</span><span>_</span><span>C</span><span>-_</span><span>DB426</span><span>_</span><span>A352</span><span>_</span><span>CCE</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span><span>][/</span><span>url</span></a>]
She actually would never own this unless someone sent it for free. It’s a neutrals palette anyway. It also doesn’t inspire me. It also doesn’t have a colorstory.
The packaging doesn't inspire her. It also doesn't go with the color story. Very disappointing to see a clear packaging, only to open it up and the inside is completely different. She also hates rainbow palettes.

buywhatyoulike
Informer
Informer

Post by buywhatyoulike »

Schweetums wrote: The packaging doesn't inspire her. It also doesn't go with the color story. Very disappointing to see a clear packaging, only to open it up and the inside is completely different. She also hates rainbow palettes.
Yup, there's no artwork on the front showing all the colours of it!

But anyway, just watched the collection, and wow, she showed the perfectly posh products again :rofl:

And imagine being her room mate and being asked in the morning by Lucia, "should I go for sexy, sweet or in the middle?" ...
"Buy a mug." - Moochia Tapper.

eviefrye
Talker
Talker

Post by eviefrye »

ohh the holier than thou attitude...

Plus her reviews on the palettes (i know it has been said) are SO poor, instead of saying "this for smokey eyes, transition shades here, to brighten" give tips... SHE CARES FOR THE PACKAGING! and she used to have a video on why WE (poor mortals) bought things for packaging
me quiere hasta tu hermana,
me quiere nana nana

DAR DE BAJA UNA TARJETA, CERDA

claradion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by claradion »

Nance wrote:Maybe we need to add Part 5 in the title, to keep track.
This is a good idea, I don’t know how to edit the thread though

claradion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by claradion »

litnerd wrote:Her filming setup is so ridiculous, with the ring light reflecting in the mirror behind her. She had the same problem in her dorm last year too.
I think so too. Maybe once or even twice I could understand but if I were in her position I would move the lighting and camera to something better and without reflections

indoorplant
Informer
Informer

Post by indoorplant »

For a girl who is so critical of colour stories and shit, her z palette is so fucking "neutral". Like you had your chance to make your dream palette or whatever out of all the singles in the world and you did a spectrum of oranges. That's not necessarily a bad thing inherently but she's a total hypocrite for blasting those same palettes on the market.
Next title could include something to do with the zodiac and icy betch palettes, since theres a probability of 100% that's she'll still be harping on about it.
pls water me

s1dthesqu1d
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by s1dthesqu1d »

How many sponsorships has she done? I feel like she has such a big fucking head for someone who's basically a nobody. She had her 15 minutes of being the girl who was anti consumerism, now she's just lame.

exposedbeauty
Learner
Learner

Post by exposedbeauty »

You guys! The viseart palette is WAY too “nooooootrallllll” *insert grunt/sigh from chia seed here*
She would never PULLLLLLLL for that. Where is the ARTWERRRRRK

She does my fucking head in. As somebody mentioned above, she’s v critical of every eyeshadow palette that comes out for a bitch with a z palette full of slightly different variations of orange and brown.
She says the modern ren doesn’t inspire her and is boring but how is a z palette filled with oranges not boring?? OK MAKES SENSE CHIA SEED

Return to “LuciaTepperBeauty”