50 Shades of Bluechia: Ignorance is my Birthright (4)

buywhatyoulike
Informer
Informer

Re: 50 Shades of Bluechia: Ignorance is my Birthright (4)

Post by buywhatyoulike »

I think its one of the thing that bothers me most about Lucia right now, how she doesn't ever spend her own money on indie brands. A little support and people paying to try out something new that they like the looks of, is so very important to indie brands. And for all she talks about keeping her collection small and 'curated', we know that's BS considering how much she'll accept so long as its free. I actually can't recall any indie brand she's supported and bought from. The only times I can recall her featuring and using a indie brand and their products has been like the Meesha Lou thing, where she succeeded in getting PR from them.

I haven't watched the video yet. I'll be honest, I saw the monochromatic blue palette in the thumbnail and already felt my brain cells protesting that the video would torment them. Palettes that inspire her? :roll: Its a monochromatic scale of blue, its nothing unique as a 'colour story', someone could've literally come up with it by taking one blue and adding more brightness or darkness in increments to that. Its pretty much only revolutionary in any way in how few chromatic blue palette there are out there. Or were, considering currently available products and upcoming ones.
"Buy a mug." - Moochia Tapper.

scamlifeguru
Informer
Informer

Post by scamlifeguru »

Watched Angelica’s video today! She basically says if you boycott Huda for ripping off Beauty Bakerie but you buy from Shop Hush then ( in Angelica’s words) “you, my dear, are a hypocrite!” LOL!

Oh wait I forgot, she couldn’t be putting Lucia on blast, as Lucia has never spent her money on either :roll:

buywhatyoulike
Informer
Informer

Post by buywhatyoulike »

That reminds me, so I did eventually watch Lucia's latest video and one thing that amused me was how she was going on about how with these palettes, people were putting thought into the colour stories yadda yadda. Yet before that, she'd been talking about the icy betch palette again (let it go, Chia!) and brought up the shop hush Atlantis palette as one alternative. When we know whoever put that together essentially took the icy betch photo and went 'ok, that's what we want to make a copy of'. Bad Habit don't spend time putting together these original colour selections, they copy existing products. If she wanted to show what inspired her about the Atlantis palette, she should've just shown the icy betch palette and mentioned bad habit had copied that palette too in their line of products. Not make it sound more like it wasn't an obvious rip off on BH's part. Sydney Grace and Devinah cosmetics with their bundles, they put together a collection from their existing shades, they weren't taking the photo and straight copying the colours. Looks like Lucia is still deluding herself into thinking brands like bad habit are in the business because they're so passionate about makeup.

A bit of a edit to my last post, after watching the video. The 50 shades of blue palette from the thumbnail, she says she loves it and was before her CS singles looking for an all blue palette. And not so much that it inspires her. I still wonder why the hell she mentions that then in a video entitled things that inspire her. :roll:
"Buy a mug." - Moochia Tapper.

claradion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by claradion »

scamlifeguru wrote:Watched Angelica’s video today! She basically says if you boycott Huda for ripping off Beauty Bakerie but you buy from Shop Hush then ( in Angelica’s words) “you, my dear, are a hypocrite!” LOL!

Oh wait I forgot, she couldn’t be putting Lucia on blast, as Lucia has never spent her money on either :roll:
:rofl:

I have to say that’s not the only reason to boycott Huda though. I don’t like her because she never really included men in makeup until she was called out. She equated it to homosexuality which was incorrect anyway. Some men in makeup are straight, some are Bi and some are ace, etc.

She could have used her platform too to say that the laws against homosexuality are wrong, full stop. She could have also said that Islam doesn’t exclude homosexuality, like any other major religion. It’s only mans interpretation that sometimes does. The religions themselves don’t at all.
I’m the worst of the worst

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

Don’t forget about her (Huda) urging people to bleach their vulva to be more attractive!

Lucia always picks the most dumbass irrelevant reasons to “boycott” people...i.e. being pissed off that Kat von D called something a basket case eyeliner instead of listing the 101 other reasons she is shitty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simbelmyne
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Simbelmyne »

buywhatyoulike wrote:
claradion wrote:
Simbelmyne wrote:
claradion wrote:
Simbelmyne wrote:I don't know if this has been mentioned recently, but one of the things that really bothers me about Lucia is her mindset that she has to find something that she loves. If the bronzer she's using isn't her favourite, she's constantly on the hunt for a new one. Especially as a 19-year-old student, Lucia seems to have the wrong mindset or something about purchasing products. What happened to using up what you have and then, if it wasn't your favourite, going out and trying something else? This might be an unpopular opinion - I'm not sure - but isn't having and striving for a perfectly curated collection of HG products sort of impossible? It's wasteful for one (if it's a cycle of hoarding and then decluttering) and it just seems totally unsustainable for someone of Lucia's circumstance (young student). I understand she has rich parents and that she gets sent stuff from Octoly, but it's more the mindset than anything that rubs me the wrong way.
I think it’s weird too, but I don’t see anything wrong with having a few blushes and a few bronzers. I don’t need to “donate” everything so I can buy twice as much
Oops. I didn't mean to imply that you can't own more than one type of product (although, if that works for you, fine). I love blushes and I own a few but idk I'm not like Lucia lusting over more? And yeah. Her "donating" just so that she can feel less guilty about buying more products leaves such a bad taste in my mouth.
I don’t think that’s how you sounded!

She specifically is so strange about her makeup. She’s constantly contradicting herself.
Same, just so you know. I don't think you sounded that way, in case you're at all still worried.
Ah, okay. Thanks! I don't really log onto GG that often so sorry if this is super late :/

Simbelmyne
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by Simbelmyne »

claradion wrote:
scamlifeguru wrote:Watched Angelica’s video today! She basically says if you boycott Huda for ripping off Beauty Bakerie but you buy from Shop Hush then ( in Angelica’s words) “you, my dear, are a hypocrite!” LOL!

:rofl:

I have to say that’s not the only reason to boycott Huda though. I don’t like her because she never really included men in makeup until she was called out. She equated it to homosexuality which was incorrect anyway. Some men in makeup are straight, some are Bi and some are ace, etc.

She could have used her platform too to say that the laws against homosexuality are wrong, full stop. She could have also said that Islam doesn’t exclude homosexuality, like any other major religion. It’s only mans interpretation that sometimes does. The religions themselves don’t at all.
While I agree with this, I would say that there's another layer to Huda using her religion to justify her makeup-on-men=homosexuality beliefs and that is the idea that men and women have distinct ways to act/dress/whatever. I was friends with many Muslims my first year at university and often went to Islamic Society events with them (several were on the committee) and a few times, conversations about men wearing makeup came up. Honestly, everyone's opinions varied and the culture/country one was raised in played a part in what that answer was. Many said that makeup was for women and that men who would wear makeup would be trying to encroach on women's territory or something like that. IDK. (Personally, I believe that makeup is for anyone who wants to/likes to wear it and that overinterpreting religious texts to fit ones views of homosexuality is frustrating and wrong.)

Yikes. I hope that sort of made sense. Anyways, back to Lucia. With her warm eye looks, I feel like it really makes her too-light concealer incredibly noticeable. I was distracted throughout her entire video lol. Also, it just bothers me when she forgets to say something while filming and then she just pauses the video (usually at a very unflattering moment to herself haha) and adds a voiceover. It reminds me of movies or whatever that have the narrator give a voiceover: "So, I bet you're wondering how I got here..." I know that's not 100% similar but oh well.

And as for the Icy Betch palette. We get it. You like blues (with some greens). Please, I beg you, Lucia, give it a rest. One of the YT comments that Lucia loved said, "Lucia should sue Tarte for the Icy Bench Palette trauma" lol yikes.

twizllers
Debater
Debater

Post by twizllers »

So a 'good' palette for her means one with some colorful artwork including the eyeshadow colors so that she can be inspired? Is she really that dull and unoriginal?

After seeing her video I would bet money Luchia wouldn't know what colors to use in a coloring book unless she had a picture as a reference. Girl, bye

FatMermaid
Learner
Learner

Post by FatMermaid »

twizllers wrote:So a 'good' palette for her means one with some colorful artwork including the eyeshadow colors so that she can be inspired? Is she really that dull and unoriginal?

After seeing her video I would bet money Luchia wouldn't know what colors to use in a coloring book unless she had a picture as a reference. Girl, bye
Lucia was definitely a paint by numbers child.

tea_licious
Learner
Learner

Post by tea_licious »

In my opinion, the “artwork” on the pallets make them look cheap, it reminded me of Lisa Frank lol like it would be cool to have a pallet with a very famous painting on the front (Olive Trees, The Starry Night, etc.) with packaging similar to the Two Faced peach palettes (lux and durable) and shadows that complemented the art, but with the cardboard packaging and the cheap child-like art, it just doesn’t do it for me. They look like palettes you would get at Hot Topic.

Not_a_sponsored_post
Talker
Talker

Post by Not_a_sponsored_post »

I don't think I've ever used the cover of a palette as inspiration. I just go with the colors and use my imagination for whatever look I want to achieve.

She just boggles my mind.

hcburbs
Debater
Debater

Post by hcburbs »

i think she's literally making shit up. all this stuff with the cover art- i think at this point she understands at the very least she has been contradictory, but rather own up to it and admit she's learning and there are gaps in what she knows, she just makes up the rules as she goes.

scamlifeguru
Informer
Informer

Post by scamlifeguru »

I never thought color story meant that I could tell what each shade was inspired by. I was pretty sure it meant a variety of different colors chosen to complement one another vs. 10 shades of blue.

claradion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by claradion »

scamlifeguru wrote:I never thought color story meant that I could tell what each shade was inspired by. I was pretty sure it meant a variety of different colors chosen to complement one another vs. 10 shades of blue.
You so obviously don’t know what a color story is! You’re supposed to take a painting of a unicorn, but not Too Faced’s unicorns because they suck, and then you take the paint dropper tool and randomly pick a few shades directly from the work. That is what a color story is

claradion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by claradion »

Have we decided on the new thread name? I say some great suggestions.

claradion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by claradion »

It bothered me just a little that she was talking about how she “opted for the cheaper option” :roll: redundant, but didn’t talk about all of the codes and deals available with SG co.

She’s the only YouTuber I’ve seen still talking about the Meesha Lou palettes, everyone else that I’ve seen talk about them, have them not great reviews. That coupled with the fact that they sent it to Chia made me decide I didn’t want the witch craft palette after all

AppleBlossom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AppleBlossom »

Cheryl Blossom wrote:Don’t forget about her (Huda) urging people to bleach their vulva to be more attractive!

Lucia always picks the most dumbass irrelevant reasons to “boycott” people...i.e. being pissed off that Kat von D called something a basket case eyeliner instead of listing the 101 other reasons she is shitty.

That’s my reason for no longer supporting Huda Beauty. I’ve enjoyed the Desert Dusk palette very much, but my interest in trying anything else from her brand died when I saw that misogynistic, body shaming trash. Dark vulvas aren’t a “real problem.” They’re not a problem at all.

themaikemua
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by themaikemua »

Long time lurker here, I hope I don’t fuck this up! She just released a video “Using Makeup is a good thing - end the stigma”. Umm I don’t think anyone out there thinks finishing makeup is a bad thing, hence no stigma is attached?! I think she’s running out of ideas...

Dead morose
Learner
Learner

Post by Dead morose »

OHHH NOOOO! LUCHIA GAINED 8 SUBSCRIBERS YESTERDAY!
c-c-combobreaker

anyways, for those interested in her new video:

or
https://hooktube.com/watch?v=wuKf-BGf_w8

litnerd
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by litnerd »

Darn, that was an epic streak.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

Nooooo omg. The end of an era. I thought she would never gain subs again tbh.

Slackerbitch
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Slackerbitch »

Shorter hair doesn't suit her and contributes more to her Lord Farquaad appeal.

Not_a_sponsored_post
Talker
Talker

Post by Not_a_sponsored_post »

I missed the memo. When did it become a stigma to use up makeup?

claradion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by claradion »

Not_a_sponsored_post wrote:I missed the memo. When did it become a stigma to use up makeup?
Hey! Stop being afraid!!!

I was blown away at how bad the camera angle and lighting were, even for her. It’s like she picked the worst placement and then made it somehow worse

tea_licious
Learner
Learner

Post by tea_licious »

Does anyone else notice that around her mouth is always kinda red? Like as if she didn’t put foundation there? Yikes

Return to “LuciaTepperBeauty”