50 Shades of Bluechia: Ignorance is my Birthright (4)

Me_me666
Debater
Debater

Re: 50 Shades of Bluechia: Ignorance is my Birthright (4)

Post by Me_me666 »

WillowWisp wrote:I'm convinced that "donate" is her way of saying "throw in the trash" because it sounds less wasteful, just like how "gifted" is her way of saying "my parents bought for me". I remember watching some kind of collection video from her some time before Hushgate, and she had a depotted single powder product (can't remember exactly what it was) with a pretty large amount of pan showing that she didn't want anymore so she said she might donate it. You can't donate that shit, I wouldn't even give makeup in that condition away to a friend.

It's like she's just barely socially aware enough to recognise that she's privileged and that's uncool these days so she tries to downplay it, but she's not socially aware enough to do it convincingly.
I hadn’t thought of that but that seems likely too. Either way, reflects badly on Lucia’s view of people less fortunate than herself.

Linnie
Wanderer
Wanderer
Been thanked: 0

Post by Linnie »

@Me_me666 you have such good points I didn't even think of. TBH, I have actually gotten so accustomed to that particular attitude from the masses, it doesn't even register anymore (sadly). I just hear similar from so many people I've come into contact with, it's not even a second thought and I really, genuinely thank you for bringing me out of that depressing bubble. It was an important point to make and one I've completely lost track of.

@WillowWisp that's also valid and totally vibes a lot with the experiences from said bubble above. :) One of these days, maybe a decade in the future, she'll realize everything she does and have the presence of mind to actually be embarrassed... but I won't hold my breath.

Coomelody
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by Coomelody »

PinkyPunch wrote:Does she has anything that's not sent to her by Octoly?
maybe if she mention them she will get more stuff from Octoly

Clover la BonBon
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Clover la BonBon »

Can we please have "Luchia on the pull" for the next thread? :rofl:

Schweetums
Talker
Talker

Post by Schweetums »

Clover la BonBon wrote:Can we please have "Luchia on the pull" for the next thread? :rofl:
Luchia on the monthly pull Tepper :rofl:

Simbelmyne
Learner
Learner

Post by Simbelmyne »

I don't know if this has been mentioned recently, but one of the things that really bothers me about Lucia is her mindset that she has to find something that she loves. If the bronzer she's using isn't her favourite, she's constantly on the hunt for a new one. Especially as a 19-year-old student, Lucia seems to have the wrong mindset or something about purchasing products. What happened to using up what you have and then, if it wasn't your favourite, going out and trying something else? This might be an unpopular opinion - I'm not sure - but isn't having and striving for a perfectly curated collection of HG products sort of impossible? It's wasteful for one (if it's a cycle of hoarding and then decluttering) and it just seems totally unsustainable for someone of Lucia's circumstance (young student). I understand she has rich parents and that she gets sent stuff from Octoly, but it's more the mindset than anything that rubs me the wrong way.

claradion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by claradion »

Linnie wrote:Am I the only one that gets squicked out every time she talks about how she doesn't clean her brushes? I am starting to feel like a freak for cleaning my brushes every single time I use them.
I imagine she’s a bacteria swamp
I’m the worst of the worst

claradion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by claradion »

Simbelmyne wrote:I don't know if this has been mentioned recently, but one of the things that really bothers me about Lucia is her mindset that she has to find something that she loves. If the bronzer she's using isn't her favourite, she's constantly on the hunt for a new one. Especially as a 19-year-old student, Lucia seems to have the wrong mindset or something about purchasing products. What happened to using up what you have and then, if it wasn't your favourite, going out and trying something else? This might be an unpopular opinion - I'm not sure - but isn't having and striving for a perfectly curated collection of HG products sort of impossible? It's wasteful for one (if it's a cycle of hoarding and then decluttering) and it just seems totally unsustainable for someone of Lucia's circumstance (young student). I understand she has rich parents and that she gets sent stuff from Octoly, but it's more the mindset than anything that rubs me the wrong way.
I think it’s weird too, but I don’t see anything wrong with having a few blushes and a few bronzers. I don’t need to “donate” everything so I can buy twice as much

Simbelmyne
Learner
Learner

Post by Simbelmyne »

claradion wrote:
Simbelmyne wrote:I don't know if this has been mentioned recently, but one of the things that really bothers me about Lucia is her mindset that she has to find something that she loves. If the bronzer she's using isn't her favourite, she's constantly on the hunt for a new one. Especially as a 19-year-old student, Lucia seems to have the wrong mindset or something about purchasing products. What happened to using up what you have and then, if it wasn't your favourite, going out and trying something else? This might be an unpopular opinion - I'm not sure - but isn't having and striving for a perfectly curated collection of HG products sort of impossible? It's wasteful for one (if it's a cycle of hoarding and then decluttering) and it just seems totally unsustainable for someone of Lucia's circumstance (young student). I understand she has rich parents and that she gets sent stuff from Octoly, but it's more the mindset than anything that rubs me the wrong way.
I think it’s weird too, but I don’t see anything wrong with having a few blushes and a few bronzers. I don’t need to “donate” everything so I can buy twice as much
Oops. I didn't mean to imply that you can't own more than one type of product (although, if that works for you, fine). I love blushes and I own a few but idk I'm not like Lucia lusting over more? And yeah. Her "donating" just so that she can feel less guilty about buying more products leaves such a bad taste in my mouth.

claradion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by claradion »

Simbelmyne wrote:
claradion wrote:
Oops. I didn't mean to imply that you can't own more than one type of product (although, if that works for you, fine). I love blushes and I own a few but idk I'm not like Lucia lusting over more? And yeah. Her "donating" just so that she can feel less guilty about buying more products leaves such a bad taste in my mouth.
I don’t think that’s how you sounded!

She specifically is so strange about her makeup. She’s constantly contradicting herself.

FatMermaid
Learner
Learner

Post by FatMermaid »

She has weird shopping issues. She wants new things all the time but she's too cheap to spend her own money. When she does spend money she would rather buy multiple inexpensive things instead of one good quality thing that may cost a bit more because quality doesn't really matter to her if she can have lots of new things. She "donates" and declutters to give herself a reason to get new things. She uses finding her ideal makeup product as another excuse to get more things. She uses YouTube to get more new things for free. She just needs more all the time.

Maybe she doesn't have shopping issues. Maybe she has issues with greed. Her psychologist father should get her some help.

PinkyPunch
Informer
Informer

Post by PinkyPunch »

Isn't her dad a lawyer tho?
-most bespoke packaging experience like no other- Kitchen Cosmetics

thatsranunculus
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by thatsranunculus »

PinkyPunch wrote:Isn't her dad a lawyer tho?
He is apparently both an attorney and a psychologist. I believe from what someone here found a while back that he works at the intersection between those professions by serving as an expert witness in legal cases as a psychologist, and also representing and consulting for mental health professionals as an attorney. Sounds like he’s found himself a tidy little niche there.
"Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's lies. It's probably lies."—Michelle Wolf

buywhatyoulike
Informer
Informer

Post by buywhatyoulike »

claradion wrote:
Simbelmyne wrote:
claradion wrote:
I don’t think that’s how you sounded!

She specifically is so strange about her makeup. She’s constantly contradicting herself.
Same, just so you know. I don't think you sounded that way, in case you're at all still worried.
"Buy a mug." - Moochia Tapper.

eviefrye
Talker
Talker

Post by eviefrye »

The fact that Luchia doesn't clean her brushes makes me sick. Does she even remove her makeup¿?
me quiere hasta tu hermana,
me quiere nana nana

DAR DE BAJA UNA TARJETA, CERDA

AppleBlossom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AppleBlossom »

eviefrye wrote:The fact that Luchia doesn't clean her brushes makes me sick. Does she even remove her makeup¿?
That’s disgusting! Especially considering how hard she digs into products with her brushes. I will never understand people who don’t regularly clean their brushes. It’s not that hard or time consuming. It’s so gross when BGs keep using the same dirty foundation brush over and over (looking at you, ThaTaylaa). I use the Sephora Collection solid brush cleanser. It comes with a little textured plastic mat in the lid. I get my brushes wet, get a little cleanser on them, swish them around on the mat, rinse them, spin or shake them around to get excess water from the bristles and lay them on a towel. It only takes like 10-15 minutes max. I don’t wait until I’ve dirtied my entire brush collection to wash them, though.

Lavender_Buns
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Lavender_Buns »

Long time lurker here! I found GG because I needed to know if I was the only one who disliked Lucia lol. I’ve found my place. I read this thread pretty regularly and I agree with so much of what you guys say! I was just watching her video she uploaded today (I’m a glutton for punishment) and I’m so annoyed with her and her color stories and how she brought up wanting the Blush Tribe palette but didn’t buy it. I’m sorry but I can’t figure out if she’s just so cheap or if she’s hoping to get it in PR. It pisses me off how she rarely buys makeup, but somehow has this big platform, and somehow people like her subs and other Youtubers love her. She pretty much gets her makeup off octoly or she’ll just rant about how she doesn’t know if she should buy something or not. She just pisses me off.

Lavender_Buns
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Lavender_Buns »

Long time lurker here! I found GG because I needed to know if I was the only one who disliked Lucia lol. I’ve found my place. I read this thread pretty regularly and I agree with so much of what you guys say! I was just watching her video she uploaded today (I’m a glutton for punishment) and I’m so annoyed with her and her color stories and how she brought up wanting the Blush Tribe palette but didn’t buy it. I’m sorry but I can’t figure out if she’s just so cheap or if she’s hoping to get it in PR. It pisses me off how she rarely buys makeup, but somehow has this big platform, and somehow people like her subs and other Youtubers love her. She pretty much gets her makeup off octoly or she’ll just rant about how she doesn’t know if she should buy something or not. She just pisses me off.

Coomelody
Learner
Learner

Post by Coomelody »

less than 33000 sub now, waiting for her to drop lower than 30k

AppleBlossom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AppleBlossom »

Lavender_Buns wrote:Long time lurker here! I found GG because I needed to know if I was the only one who disliked Lucia lol. I’ve found my place. I read this thread pretty regularly and I agree with so much of what you guys say! I was just watching her video she uploaded today (I’m a glutton for punishment) and I’m so annoyed with her and her color stories and how she brought up wanting the Blush Tribe palette but didn’t buy it. I’m sorry but I can’t figure out if she’s just so cheap or if she’s hoping to get it in PR. It pisses me off how she rarely buys makeup, but somehow has this big platform, and somehow people like her subs and other Youtubers love her. She pretty much gets her makeup off octoly or she’ll just rant about how she doesn’t know if she should buy something or not. She just pisses me off.
I don’t think Blush Tribe even sends out PR except to Angelica Nyqvist and PaulinaBeauty. Blush Tribe is run by one woman. If Lucia wants to try her palettes, she should place an order herself. Cheap, entitled little shit. I think supporting indie makeup brands is a good thing and very much in line with being a conscious consumer.

jem_holograms
Lurker
Lurker

Post by jem_holograms »

In previous videos she talked about makeup that you buy for the packaging and in this video her favourites palettes are the ones wih: color stories, yeah, palettes with drawings and of all the beautiful packaging. She doesn't talk about the good quality or anything else.... great lucia, great :tu:

claradion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by claradion »

AppleBlossom wrote:
Lavender_Buns wrote:Long time lurker here! I found GG because I needed to know if I was the only one who disliked Lucia lol. I’ve found my place. I read this thread pretty regularly and I agree with so much of what you guys say! I was just watching her video she uploaded today (I’m a glutton for punishment) and I’m so annoyed with her and her color stories and how she brought up wanting the Blush Tribe palette but didn’t buy it. I’m sorry but I can’t figure out if she’s just so cheap or if she’s hoping to get it in PR. It pisses me off how she rarely buys makeup, but somehow has this big platform, and somehow people like her subs and other Youtubers love her. She pretty much gets her makeup off octoly or she’ll just rant about how she doesn’t know if she should buy something or not. She just pisses me off.
I don’t think Blush Tribe even sends out PR except to Angelica Nyqvist and PaulinaBeauty. Blush Tribe is run by one woman. If Lucia wants to try her palettes, she should place an order herself. Cheap, entitled little shit. I think supporting indie makeup brands is a good thing and very much in line with being a conscious consumer.
Yes it would be such a good example to her younger audience too. “Support these quality indie brands, they have lower prices too” would be so much more helpful than buying two mass produced blushes. I like Milani too, but I would rather support Blush strive or Juvia’s Place

Gummo_Sevigny
Informer
Informer

Post by Gummo_Sevigny »

Have a drinking game for every time she says "color story" or "Octoly" :roll: Also, does she really understand the true meaning of a "color story"? :| I understand that she is very young and still learning, but she contradicts herself with all the makeup she buys and receives.
THESE HOES AIN'T LOYAL

eviefrye
Talker
Talker

Post by eviefrye »

I think she's playing the big influencer mentioning Octoly all the time to just flatter them to get more PR. But I know that deep down she's having the inner tantrum on why her channel is slowly dying.

BTW, studying what she's studying, why the hell she doesn't learn to do better thumbnails? They look very tacky
me quiere hasta tu hermana,
me quiere nana nana

DAR DE BAJA UNA TARJETA, CERDA

Lavender_Buns
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Lavender_Buns »

AppleBlossom wrote:

Oh true, I didn’t think of that. But yes, I agree with you on supporting more indie brands. She talks about Meesha Lou so much, she should actually buy something from them.

Return to “LuciaTepperBeauty”