Lucia Tepper

peachiez
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Lucia Tepper

Post by peachiez »

GluteActivation wrote:
peachiez wrote:Lu-CHIA CHIA CHIA tepper part 2 :D
BAHAHAHA I think its sung "ch-ch-ch-chia" but I totally vote yes to this one. Every time I hear her say her name I think of a Chia Pet
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
In my defense here: I was probably not born yet when they were super popular. :rofl: I only remember the ones of the late 90s and even then, I was just a bub.

Panning in it's self is so.... strange to me. :? I get the visual appeal to it as well as the dramatics of it. It is interesting to watch when you first stumble upon it. Common sense kicks in pretty fast I'd say. It's all for dramatics and nothing else. No one outside of youtube pans like Chia and her friends. It's just not realistic.

As for the Too Faced hate, Lucia has made it clear that she hates anything to do with cute packaging. Too Faced is the american front runner of cute packaging I'd say. It's easy to look at cute packaging and decide all the costs go to it. While I'm not impressed with Too Face as much as I was early on, the hate isn't warranted.

What REALLY pissed me off is her hating on Tony Moly. I'm an avid K-Beauty fan and Tony Moly is one of my favorite brands. Do their products suck you in with their packaging? Absolutely but does that mean their products are shit? Nah. Like it's been said a million times before, she needs to research. It's pretty much a staple for Asian beauty to have nice, adorable packaging. Girl needs a lesson in makeup, both in marketing as well as skills.

claradion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by claradion »

scamlifeguru wrote:
twistedangel wrote:I’m sick of hearing Lucia criticize Too Faced because I know that the only reason she’s focusing so much on them is because it’s what others are doing, and we all know this girl seems incapable of forming an original thought.

I was really shocked when I started hearing all the hate toward Too Faced. The first time I heard anything negative about the brand was when Jeffree Star called out Jarrod Blandino for shading Tarte over their unicorn collection. Anything Jeffree Star says is bullshit (just my opinion) and when I read Jarrod's tweet it really didn't seem that shady. If anything it seemed like some fun and friendly competition between brands. God knows both companies are selling billions of dollars worth of makeup, it's not like either is hurting for customers.

After that Tati told her sob story about Jarrod making her cry at a party. :roll: I'm still dying to hear what actually happened with that.

But yeah then everyone started dumping on the brand because their packaging was supposedly too cute. Who cares?? First of all, I love cute packaging. And second of all, the products are still amazing so why does the packaging matter?

Anyway bringing it back to Lucia, it is obvious she just hates on Too Faced because it's trendy to hate on them. She actually loves cutesy shit as evidenced by 1) her calling the Hush unicorn palette "cute" in her Hush unboxing 2) her squealing with joy over getting a free makeup bag that looks like a bunny and 3) the avocado pillow with a face that you can see in the background of most of her videos.

She probably just wishes Too Faced would send her free makeup and she's salty because she knows they never will.
I’m not really moved by JStar or Tati’s experiences.

It makes me laugh, I knew Jeffery called them out but I didn’t know that Jarrod made Tati cry :o

It’s also funny because everyone hates Tarte now and they probably would have been all about Too Faced if it happened now. I do think it’s a lack of independent thinking that has her hating so much on them, and also she’s probably asked them for PR and countless other brands and she is just bitter about it.

They’re definitely hit or miss but I also have a whole stack of Too Faced palettes and I love the quality of everything I have.
I’m the worst of the worst

claradion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by claradion »

KookyPeppaPig wrote:
m-m-mandeville wrote:
ShallowBay wrote: How she used up that tarte blush I will never know. My birthday is June and it's my ONLY blush and I am yet to even make a sizeable dent. The fuck is she doing, eating it?
I don't know why you guys are so shocked that she uses products so quickly... Have you SEEN how much makeup she piles onto her eyes and cheeks and then doesn't blend??? :rofl: :rofl:
I used the same 2 palettes everyday for 5 years and never hit pan on any shade except the cream shade I used to set my primer.... Admittedly I'm more of a 'natural' look makeup kind of person, but still....
She must not own any fluffy blender brushes, I bet she uses a dense shader brush to dig into the shadows and 'blend' them. :rofl:
Since Chia reads this thread; ChChChaCHIA, you only need to tap into the pan with your brush. If you’re repeatedly tapping off “excess” you’re doing it wrong.

KookyPeppaPig
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by KookyPeppaPig »

She apparently just filmed her 'shop my stash' and is bragging about 'all the products (she) used for review' on insta and aaaaalllll the stuff she's picked for this month.
....Except.... She hasn't done any reviews. ANY reviews. On ANYTHING she got from PR. She hasn't SHOWN how they apply or perform or anything, She literally just says 'I like/don't like x product'. And that's her review. :roll:

Thread name suggestion: Lucia Begging For PR Tepper

claradion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by claradion »

Oh my god! I just watched this video.

Oh my god

She actually says she’s anti capitalist inher description box for several videos. I bet she considers all of the many many free palettes she got a trade for reviews. In actuality she’s a pawn to advertise for different companies.

The reason they said no when you reached out to get PR before, it was only because you didn’t have a large enough audience to advertise to.

When you are always saying “you you you” in videos that makes you sound really judgmental. You’re talking to the audience, telling us we’re falling for this or that. You could talk about marketing, since apparently Make up your Mind is about that this week, without being weird and attacking your followers. You could say something like “of course someone would fall for this” instead of “you fell for this!”

You’re losing followers because you keep changing your message and you’re only clear to 15 year old, none of the rest of us understand you.

The “people change!” statement in the “products I’ve changed my mind about” to justify your constantly waffling opinions, about makeup and otherwise. This is true, people do change. People generally don’t change their views and opinions wildly over the course of two weeks.

claradion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by claradion »

I am saying “you” because, yes chia, I’m judging you

makeup_wine_repeat
Debater
Debater

Post by makeup_wine_repeat »

How can you tell if your comment has been deleted? Can you still see it while others can't? Also, where are her shop hush reviews? Has she done any? So the company sent her stuff for free ad she didn't even bother mentioning them again? I hope shop hush stops sending her PR after seeing this.

litnerd
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by litnerd »

makeup_wine_repeat wrote:How can you tell if your comment has been deleted? Can you still see it while others can't? Also, where are her shop hush reviews? Has she done any? So the company sent her stuff for free ad she didn't even bother mentioning them again? I hope shop hush stops sending her PR after seeing this.
You can still see it while others can't. One way to tell is if you were getting a fair amount of likes and all of a sudden you're stuck at the same number.

makeup_wine_repeat
Debater
Debater

Post by makeup_wine_repeat »

Thank you so much! Yep my comment has definitely been deleted. It took no time! Doesn't she have classes? Is her dad still prowling the comments section? Girl does not have a spine.

MaximumMelinda
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by MaximumMelinda »

makeup_wine_repeat wrote:How can you tell if your comment has been deleted? Can you still see it while others can't? Also, where are her shop hush reviews? Has she done any? So the company sent her stuff for free ad she didn't even bother mentioning them again? I hope shop hush stops sending her PR after seeing this.
I think she said she was going to do Hush reviews on Instagram stories, which she did do for a while. I don't think she's updated about the palettes in at least a week. I assume she'll do mini reviews at the beginning of the monthly shop your stash videos.

I hope someone at Hush has been paying attention to what has gone down on her channel and Insta since they sent her PR. The immaturity, self-righteousness, and defensiveness, not to mention straight up destroying makeup because she has absolutely zero makeup skills. Unfortunately it seems like a lot of companies don't really care/will keep sending out PR to crappy people, as long as their products are being mentioned to a decent-size follower base (and the products aren't being completely bashed).

s1dthesqu1d
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by s1dthesqu1d »

Lu-ch-ch-chia :rofl:

twistedangel
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by twistedangel »

KookyPeppaPig wrote:She apparently just filmed her 'shop my stash' and is bragging about 'all the products (she) used for review' on insta and aaaaalllll the stuff she's picked for this month.
....Except.... She hasn't done any reviews. ANY reviews. On ANYTHING she got from PR. She hasn't SHOWN how they apply or perform or anything, She literally just says 'I like/don't like x product'. And that's her review. :roll:

I just saw this on Instagram and what is she even talking about. You’re right, she didn’t do any reviews, she just told us if she liked something or not. She seriously doesn’t understand the difference between product performance and personal preference.

She’s always ranting about how pointless first-impression reviews are, but I get more useful information about products from that than I’ve ever gotten from one of her “reviews.”

And then there was her confusion about a cream eyeshadow palette. . .

KookyPeppaPig
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by KookyPeppaPig »

No reviews on her youtube channel. All she's ever done is said whether she likes it or not. Like my above post says, she's never shown application of the product on video or reviewed anything..... :? :roll: I'm not sure what the point of her channel is now except for complaining and showing off her stuff....
Last edited by KookyPeppaPig on Wed May 02, 2018 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tallntraveling
Informer
Informer

Post by Tallntraveling »

KookyPeppaPig wrote:She apparently just filmed her 'shop my stash' and is bragging about 'all the products (she) used for review' on insta and aaaaalllll the stuff she's picked for this month.

And half of those ''reviews'' has just been ''I don't like it because I don't know how to use it properly the product is bad.''

claradion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by claradion »

She totally showcased their products like a spokesmodel on a gameshow.

I think it was Thrifty Beauty that said we were all jealous? Because she would LOVE free makeup so we would all love free makeup even if it was a $10 palette we could easily buy ourselves.

I was just cleaning up my vanity and making up a bag of things I haven’t even opened, to give to people.

I am obviously jealous :rofl: jealous and I don’t understand nuance and I don’t understand Chia when she speaks :rofl:

claradion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by claradion »

twistedangel wrote:

I just saw this on Instagram and what is she even talking about. You’re right, she didn’t do any reviews, she just told us if she liked something or not. She seriously doesn’t understand the difference between product performance and personal preference.

She’s always ranting about how pointless first-impression reviews are, but I get more useful information about products from that than I’ve ever gotten from one of her “reviews.”

And then there was her confusion about a cream eyeshadow palette. . .
I was going to say maybe she’s confused about softer formulas, but she sure ate the tarte blush quickly

Who was saying they liked first impressions? Someone on YouTube. They made a great point though, your first impression is actually pretty helpful. She said she can usually tell if she likes something the first time she tries it. I think my first impressions are always right.

buywhatyoulike
Informer
Informer

Post by buywhatyoulike »

Softer formulas just means its easier to pan :rofl:
"Buy a mug." - Moochia Tapper.

nekochan
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Post by nekochan »

Very longtime lurker, joined because of the Lucia trainwreck. I vote for "Lu Ch-ch-ch-CHIA Tepper Part 2" as the new thread name. :)

smazt57
Learner
Learner

Post by smazt57 »

Okay I just realized something big about Lucia, when she says she was having those nightly panic attacks about not being able to buy all the new makeup, she wasn't in college yet - she was still in high school (meaning whatever we say about her parents paying for all her stuff now is like, doubled then) so ... she was having horrible anxiety over not being able to get her parents to give her lots of money to constantly buy makeup -- this is not normal
Like so many commenters on yt have said, this is 100% her having v bad anxiety and it's presenting itself like this.

(But also like sidenote, she keeps acting like that's something we all experience, the huge overbearing FOMO that makeup gives us and not being able to afford e v e r y t h i n g but like?? literally nobody is like that (esp in high school/early college) bc we all got a limited amount of money and know how to research things??? we all know beauty gurus r paid to exaggerate so we all do research?? its not that deep (yes I'm still mad about the moschino thing and the tonymoly thing))

Lil_Toast3r
Debater
Debater

Post by Lil_Toast3r »

This has been said time and time again..shes a privileged pos. Like, I have panic attacks at night worrying about paying my rent and buying GROCERIES...not makeup. FFS. Sure, I'm upset I can't afford makeup right now, but it is by no means keeping me up at night.

CykamoreTres

Post by CykamoreTres »

I mean who the actual fuck has actual panic attacks about make up? Go to the nearest drug store and buy Essence or WnW whatever and you're good to go, Jesus. She really is a spoiled, unrealistic brat.

Clover la BonBon
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Clover la BonBon »

I honestly didn't think we'd hit 40 so fast....she went downhill fast :/

KookyPeppaPig
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by KookyPeppaPig »

burnt_toast1 wrote:This has been said time and time again..shes a privileged pos. Like, I have panic attacks at night worrying about paying my rent and buying GROCERIES...not makeup. FFS. Sure, I'm upset I can't afford makeup right now, but it is by no means keeping me up at night.
She said she used to think about all the makeup she wanted while lying in bed trying to sleep..... So do I. I like to trawl through BeautyBay etc. adding shizzle to my wishlist after watching Youtube videos of BGs schilling stuff. Sometimes i'll buy it, other times I won't. It's fun sometimes to just obsess over trivial things like makeup now and then. Better than worrying about rent etc (actual *problems*) like you said!

peachiez
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by peachiez »

When you post a comment, you'll see it at the top of all the comments. If it's been deleted, it won't show up anymore.
Clover la BonBon wrote:I honestly didn't think we'd hit 40 so fast....she went downhill fast :/
I know. It's super disappointing as I did really enjoy her when I first stumbled upon her channel. Those who raise high fall fast, I suppose. :/

faefae
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by faefae »

Clover la BonBon wrote:I honestly didn't think we'd hit 40 so fast....she went downhill fast :/
That's because she presented herself as someone who has integrity and a ton of us fell for it so we're extra vindictive. :rofl: I seriously rooted for this girl and regret my life choices.

Return to “LuciaTepperBeauty”