Lucia Tepper

indoorplant
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Lucia Tepper

Post by indoorplant »

I hate her new video OMG CONDESCENDIIIIIIINNNNGGGG. """Its YOUR fault YOU didnt understand ME.""" No no no. Its YOUR fault for not expressing ANYTHING that you claim to have expressed.

A huge problem is the fact that she doesn't actually respond to anyone who has raised questions about questionable things said, and simply deletes them and pretend they are not there. That is something that a dishonest person does. An honest person would take the time to respond to the valid criticism and deal with peoples concerns rather than deleting comments, blocking people, and pretending that your audience loves you where in fact she just let down a lot of the people who participated in the growth of her channel. because frankly the people who were mad were the people who followed her for a longer time.
if she simply addressed peoples ACTUAL concerns when they arose then people would believe that shes honest. she didnt, so they dont.

one of the most delicious things is that she doesnt actually understand why people dont like her. maybe if she stopped deleting comments and acutally read them and engaged in discussion, she'd get it

i dont think she realises either that most people are pretty aware of marketing, and it follows that her 'analysis' is severely unsophisticated. if she presented a sophisticated analysis of the marketing, sure, we'd all be here for it. But she come from an uninformed place and her arguments are very weak. her response to everything is "why would anyone want this" rather than an actual critique. and a critique discusses and acknowledges both sides even if you ultimately decide to take your stand on one side of the fence over another.

she dont explain anything nearly as well as she thinks she does, she just shits on everything and quite frankly its no better than gurus loving on everything.

a sign of maturity is to ackowledge when you have fucked up and baby you never gon' do dat.

she will shit on product that is called "basketcase" for it is derogatory to the mentally ill and yet you are more than comfortable to engage the word "crazy" in almost every video she posts. this signifies how fickle she is and it also indicates that she dont really believe anything she says. that is fine, but the fact it is accompanied by a condescending "im better than you dumb morons" makes it really infuriating. and i mean shes more than comfortable to defend the use of the slur g*psy which is an awful word rather than stepping back to say "i dont know anything about this so it is not my place to comment".

she makes a video that is called "products you bought just for the packaging" where she talked smack about products based solely on the packaging . an alternative title could have been "products you didnt buy just because of the packaging". She had no concept of the quality of formula and she took no steps to do research into whether they were poor quality of not. She then defamed brands like Tony Moly, which is actually a very reputable and quality brand and told her audience it was not. HOW IS THIS DIFFERENT FROM TELLING SOMEONE SOMETHINGS GREAT BASED ON A FIRST IMPRESSION (WHICH IS NOT EVEN THE WORST THING) That is irresponsible. I hope they sue her. She then hates a product that was created for the purpose of promoting animal rights awareness and to raise funds to donate to a charity. That does not automatically make it rubbish. She also has no idea what moschino is nor what it represents in the fasion industry and yet were more than happy to tear it apart. Thats fine, but she did it from a chronically ill informed standpoint that made her whole argument totally moot. She only tore these apart because they have exercised too mucb artistic licence, not on the merit or quality of the product.

And the PR and everything else....

GAAAAAHHHHH SHES A NIGHTMARE

literally about to have a nightmare that im an eyeshadow pan that she stabs to death while smiling like a maniac with her colored panda eyes
pls water me

indoorplant
Informer
Informer

Post by indoorplant »

What even is her attraction to makeup??
pls water me

twistedangel
Learner
Learner

Post by twistedangel »

indoorplant wrote:What even is her attraction to makeup??
I always wonder about this at the end of each video, because it sounds like she hates makeup more than she loves it.

Seriously, does she realize that she doesn’t have to use makeup if it makes her that miserable and anxious?

sadcxnt
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sadcxnt »

About her deleting negative comments:

Whether it be about her being a hypocrite, the lack of makeup skills she has and her terrible knowledge of the beauty industry, they're not hate comments.

For someone her age to be that delusional and sheltered is embarrassing to me. People who don't take constructive criticism and wallow in their own victimization will never get themselves through the real world.

When I was 15, I couldn't even afford to buy myself high end makeup. You know why? Because my mom didn't want me to depend on others for my own wants and told me to use my own capability to get a job and work for the things I wanted. When I turned 19, I had a job and was able to afford a $900 Canon camera and a $600 laptop. All of that was an achievement. I know that was 2 years ago but it made me realize how being independent and waiting can pay off in the end.

By the time her parents are too old to take care and spoil her, who knows what she'll do. Girls like her who smooch off their daddy's money usually never go far in life.

Keep getting bitter about it, Farquaad. It's gonna make you uglier in the end.

indoorplant
Informer
Informer

Post by indoorplant »

Also feeling slightly mad about "realistic makeup collection" after reading a few posts on reddit such as this one.

She's shaming people for having too much make up, but if she had a makeup addiction don't you think shed be sympathetic to other people who have one? I mean the reddit link shows someone whos having a real struggle, and I can just imagine Farquaad walking in and going UMM BITCH COME SEE WHAT A REALISTIC MAKEUP COLLECTION LOOKS LIKE

And a lot of people can be addicted to makeup because they have a body dysphoria that causes them to keep looking for that one product that will make them so beautiful itll just solve their problems even though they are perfectly beautiful as is and no product they ever find will ever be the resolution to the problem, its actually counselling and medical intervention that will. To be frank, marketing is like the smallest thing that ever affects my choice in a product, but hoping to try lots of things used to motivate me to buy more things because i thought I'd get the ULTIMATE product.

Also why does she think she deserves to have all these things? Everyone else works for their money to buy it, incl beuaty gurus who get it in PR they commit their energy to working hard and the PR is a consequence of their hard work, why does she think she deserves to have them without working?
When youre 16 you accept that you can only afford a couple of things (unless you work really hard ofc). When youre in college/university you know you arent working because youre studying/developing a skill that you will use later on and then be able to afford it when you get to that full time job that pays a salary. Why does she think she gets to have all these things while everyone else accepts their circumstances and waits patiently and works hard until they can pay for it?

I really resonate with something I read. I didnt think she was ugly but her vile attitude has made her so unattractive to me.
pls water me

smazt57
Learner
Learner

Post by smazt57 »

Okay just to clarify abt my last post (bc I have a lot of feelings abt Lucia and it was lowkey rambly) -- shes not just so priveleged that she couldn't afford to buy all the makeup, she was being like that because her parents wouldnt buy it for her and that tbh is like 50x worse like how entitled can you get

peachiez
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by peachiez »

twistedangel wrote:
indoorplant wrote:What even is her attraction to makeup??
I always wonder about this at the end of each video, because it sounds like she hates makeup more than she loves it.

Seriously, does she realize that she doesn’t have to use makeup if it makes her that miserable and anxious?
I feel like it might be a pressure thing? Makeup or rather the beauty community is such an easy thing to get sucked in. It can take an average lover of makeup to fanatic. You know, you watch the videos hoping to learn basic tricks and eventually it leads to seeking out more and more products. Obviously if makeup causes her that much distress, she shouldn't be in the community or even worrying about it. Pressure is generally the only reason I could imagine her falling down the beauty rabbit hole.

histrionicbitch
Talker
Talker

Post by histrionicbitch »

claradion wrote:Oh my god! I just watched this video.

Oh my god

She actually says she’s anti capitalist inher description box for several videos. I bet she considers all of the many many free palettes she got a trade for reviews. In actuality she’s a pawn to advertise for different companies.

The reason they said no when you reached out to get PR before, it was only because you didn’t have a large enough audience to advertise to.

When you are always saying “you you you” in videos that makes you sound really judgmental. You’re talking to the audience, telling us we’re falling for this or that. You could talk about marketing, since apparently Make up your Mind is about that this week, without being weird and attacking your followers. You could say something like “of course someone would fall for this” instead of “you fell for this!”

You’re losing followers because you keep changing your message and you’re only clear to 15 year old, none of the rest of us understand you.

The “people change!” statement in the “products I’ve changed my mind about” to justify your constantly waffling opinions, about makeup and otherwise. This is true, people do change. People generally don’t change their views and opinions wildly over the course of two weeks.
Ah, yes the girl who was raised in a family by a doctor who's making 100k+, has a beach house in Cape May, runs a makeup YT, and goes to an expensive private college is the epitome of anti-capitalism. She just makes me want to raise the red flag and loudly sing "The Internationale".

KookyPeppaPig
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by KookyPeppaPig »

FireShot Capture 40 - Stories • Instagram - https___www.instagram.com_stories_luciarose2.png
Don't know why she likes these colours :o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sadcxnt
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sadcxnt »

KookyPeppaPig wrote:
FireShot Capture 40 - Stories • Instagram - https___www.instagram.com_stories_luciarose2.png
I can’t believe her parents even approve this.

finkzydrate
Debater
Debater

Post by finkzydrate »

KookyPeppaPig wrote:
How can anyone take any makeup advice from her when she looks like a sad clown, the colours she uses honestly look terrible on her :? Good luck on becoming a beauty guru, Chia, what a joke haha

AppleBlossom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AppleBlossom »

Nance wrote:Watching her last video.

How company are suppose to sell their product in a competitive world? As long as they don't lie, have decent quality or purposely offend people, is it that bad they hustle?

'I was young and impressionable, I didn't have a Makeup your mind video to watch when I was 15' Pfffff! 'Someone to tell me, you don't have to buy that' FIFTEEN. FIFTEEN! Jesus. She was not a kid anymore. I mean we all make mistake and buy stupid stuffs as teen, I loved idols magazines, but come on. So she bought lot of makeup when she was young (with her parents money probably). Did she like it at that time? Did she have fun? I don't know. When I listen to her, it's like she guilt trip spending money more than anything.

She finally said she was not a minimalist. Ok, but what about bragging about the 'realistic makeup collection'? Having anti-consumerist in the twitter bio? Being a 'smart' consumer is not the same as being 'anti' at all.

She said she is the same than before and I agree, she didn't do what she preach back then and now. That is the problem, she has no constancy. She speak shit about unicorn palette, then in the PR 'give it a chance'. The 'omg a bunny bag'.
She is so full of shit it's not funny.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

KookyPeppaPig wrote:
Even tho she claims to use multiple colors it always just looks like she has one ugly ass color on the lid blended up to the brow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sadcxnt
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sadcxnt »

Cheryl Blossom wrote:
KookyPeppaPig wrote:
Even tho she claims to use multiple colors it always just looks like she has one ugly ass color on the lid blended up to the brow.

I’m assuming she only uses one thick ass brush to apply her eyeshadows. Imagine all of that fallout covering her desk and floor. I would hate to share the same dorm room as her.

No wonder she’s panning shit quickly.

litnerd
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by litnerd »

I feel like she's following the typical YT eye shadow application formula and would look so much better if she would at least quit putting shadow on her lower lashline. It makes her tiny eyes look even smaller.

peachiez
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by peachiez »

Her eyeshadow looks like the colorful version of an emo girl's makeup

Tallntraveling
Informer
Informer

Post by Tallntraveling »

Claims she has used 4 products yet I just see blotchy blue. Its not the product Chia, its your ability to turn anything decent into something shite.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

Clearly her problem was that she only watched favorites videos and never tutorials because she was just greedy and felt FOMO but couldn’t be bothered actually learning some makeup skills. She is totally the type to make her parents buy her a piano and play it once and then get bored and never touch it again. Lol

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Lucia Tepper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

histrionicbitch
Talker
Talker

Post by histrionicbitch »

smazt57 wrote:Okay I just realized something big about Lucia, when she says she was having those nightly panic attacks about not being able to buy all the new makeup, she wasn't in college yet - she was still in high school (meaning whatever we say about her parents paying for all her stuff now is like, doubled then) so ... she was having horrible anxiety over not being able to get her parents to give her lots of money to constantly buy makeup -- this is not normal
Like so many commenters on yt have said, this is 100% her having v bad anxiety and it's presenting itself like this.

(But also like sidenote, she keeps acting like that's something we all experience, the huge overbearing FOMO that makeup gives us and not being able to afford e v e r y t h i n g but like?? literally nobody is like that (esp in high school/early college) bc we all got a limited amount of money and know how to research things??? we all know beauty gurus r paid to exaggerate so we all do research?? its not that deep (yes I'm still mad about the moschino thing and the tonymoly thing))
Exactly! Like I think that everyone finds products that they lust after really hard and wish they could buy, but the majority of people are not truly obsessed with acquiring things.

Return to “LuciaTepperBeauty”