Lucia Tepper

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Lucia Tepper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

I’ve posted in her rave thread before but she’s very quickly getting on my nerves with her holier than thou attitude.

The last straw was her most recent Insta story whining that “she just found out” the Sephora sale is only for VIB’s and obviously she’s above people who spend enough to be VIB you guize. ITS LITERALLY CALLED THE FUCKING VIB SALE AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN. OMG.

And I’ll say it, her eyebrows are god awful.

lauralovescats09
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: Lucia Tepper

Post by lauralovescats09 »

Cheryl Blossom wrote:I’ve posted in her rave thread before but she’s very quickly getting on my nerves with her holier than thou attitude.

The last straw was her most recent Insta story whining that “she just found out” the Sephora sale is only for VIB’s and obviously she’s above people who spend enough to be VIB you guize. ITS LITERALLY CALLED THE FUCKING VIB SALE AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN. OMG.

And I’ll say it, her eyebrows are god awful.
Lol she looks ridiculous with a beat face and bushy brows. They’re gross and need to be threaded ASAP! I kind of get the feeling from watching her that she thinks she’s above spending money or something like how you said. It’s getting quite annoying. I feel like I’m almost being scolded watching her videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lil_Toast3r
Debater
Debater

Post by Lil_Toast3r »

This was only a matter of time, sad to say. I feel like she takes herself way too seriously.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

The folks on r/BGCr definitely turned on her pretty quickly. Yet another example of fast fame bringing out the worst in a channel. With this bad attitude and...interesting...looks, she could turn into the next ThriftThick

saucinonu
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by saucinonu »

i just subbed bc i thought she would be refreshing like other smaller channels i watch, like lauren mae beauty or elle s (highly recommend them btw!) but i also was quickly turned off by her attitude. she strikes me as the type who just hasn't realized that there are other perspectives out there and hers isn't the only 'right' one. she almost gives me sjw vibes lol.
also YES those fucking brows are terrible. and her hair...i have naturally curly hair too. i know the struggle. but the little bo beep style of hers is just not cute. i wanna rough it up, give it some movement and body so badly

scamlifeguru
Informer
Informer

Post by scamlifeguru »

She's young. I remember thinking I knew everything back then too lol. Luckily there was no YouTube for me to document and share my shitty personality from back then. :rofl:

One thing that has been bugging me, not just about Lucia but about tons of beauty YouTubers, is the constant dragging of Too Faced. Yes the brand owner had drama...with Tati and Jeffree Starr. That makes me like Too Faced more. And yes they totally rely on cute packaging to move product, but I live for the packaging AND I've had really good luck with the products I've bought (the peach collection glosses, the holiday eye palettes, the heart shaped highlighters, multiple chocolate bar palettes). I don't understand why everyone hates Too Faced and it gets boring to hear people like Lucia who think they're so much better than everyone else say over and over, "A UNICORN COLLECTION?? REALLY?!?!?!?! WHO IN THEIR RIGHT FUCKING MIND ASKED FOR THIS?!?!?!?!?!" Like, get over it. You don't like it, but Too Faced isn't hurting for money so obviously some people do. :roll:

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

So over these Instagram rants. The self righteousness is sickening at this point Image

porkbun
Lurker
Lurker

Post by porkbun »

:tu: I posted in her rave thread without realizing it was a rave thread, lol. I'm glad to see a trash thread finally.
Makeup seems to make Lucia more unhappy/stressed than it makes her happy. I don't know why she even bothers with all of it. Maybe she just loves to hear herself talk and found a place that enabled her.
And yes, her makeup is awful

Elturtleo
Learner
Learner

Post by Elturtleo »

I agree with most of what's been said but I was so fucking done when she did a "normal makeup collection" video. I understand beauty rooms are insane, but who told you what normal was? It's so unreasonably judgemental to me. She'd probably rage at me for owning 10 fucking lip products and mostly using one every day lol.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

She’s just always flaunting it like she thinks she is sooooo much better than anyone who maybe have bought two more $5 lipsticks than she has. “...I wanted a lighter lip color but I only only own four lip products hehehe”

Like...ok we get it. Fuck.

litnerd
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by litnerd »

I get it, she's only 19, but then again...she's 19. She's not a "kid." She's old enough to buy a gun and vote, she's old enough to accept criticism.

Her videos are obnoxious, her professors apparently haven't yet taught her to prove her claims so she just makes shit up because it sounds right, and don't get me started on those eyebrows.

Elturtleo
Learner
Learner

Post by Elturtleo »

litnerd wrote:I get it, she's only 19, but then again...she's 19. She's not a "kid." She's old enough to buy a gun and vote, she's old enough to accept criticism.

Her videos are obnoxious, her professors apparently haven't yet taught her to prove her claims so she just makes shit up because it sounds right, and don't get me started on those eyebrows.
Y'know, I hate that excuse for teens saying dumb shit. Maybe it's because I'm 18 that I'm extra salty about it, but if I screw up I deserve criticism at the very least to improve myself. It's a bad excuse imo. She couldn't even google Urban Decay or go on their website. They're not just known for the Naked series. Or her not getting why companies don't always put out interesting stuff and put out more neutrals. Colorful eyeshadow just doesn't sell as well. It's common sense that it's not usually work appropriate and very out of most peoples comfort zones.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Lucia Tepper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

Apparently she is buddy-buddy with livloveshermakeup now () and appeared on Liv’s livestream. People have been calling for Liv to take a video down because the word “gypsy,” which Is considered a slur, appears in it, but she’s refusing because “it’s not a slur in America” (also ). Lucia agreed with her. I find this mildly hilarious because she def comes off as a tumblrina college student who would def normally be up in arms about something like that but because she’s trying to suck up to a bigger YTer she thinks it’s fine. Lame.

Like so many others before her who built their channel on being “not like other gurus” (ex raw Beauty Kristi) she’s now quickly starting to do the same shit she’s complained about others doing.

litnerd
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by litnerd »

It is a slur in America. It's just not a slur to white people because they aren't the target of the slur. Also she has international viewers.

-n3rvacid-
Talker
Talker

Post by -n3rvacid- »

Can someone please rough up her curls for me and thread those damn eyebrows? She looks like a curly headed Lord Farquaad

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

Did anyone see her Instagram story about Tati? Lol, she is such a petulant child, I can’t. She just comes off bitter and jealous. She didn’t unsub from Tati following the Halo Beauty debacle but one more PR unboxing video in a sea of a thousand is tantrum-worthy.

Elturtleo
Learner
Learner

Post by Elturtleo »

A video on why she hates sub boxes. She's never tried them yet thinks it's the worst thing. Someone pass this kid a blunt so she can chill the fuck out and stop being a whiny child.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

She’s definitely very childish even for her age. I certainly didn’t act like that at her age. I almost feel bad that everyone hates her now, it was a quick rise but a quicker fall. Even though she’s so obsessive about her “normal collection” and shit she definitely comes off as verrrryyyy privileged and sheltered.

Also how can you call yourself a beauty youtuber when you can’t get anything but the same eye look five days in a row from a palette like this?? She said she wasn’t using it today because she “couldn’t stand another blue and green eye look.” Is she blind?

KookyPeppaPig
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by KookyPeppaPig »

porkbun wrote::tu: I posted in her rave thread without realizing it was a rave thread, lol. I'm glad to see a trash thread finally.
Makeup seems to make Lucia more unhappy/stressed than it makes her happy. I don't know why she even bothers with all of it. Maybe she just loves to hear herself talk and found a place that enabled her.
And yes, her makeup is awful

I've watched a fair few of her older videos where she explains a few things...

She originally had a different channel with just videos of her singing etc (the channel is still up on youtube). She said something about wanting to be a famous singer/songwriter originally, but I guess that didn't work out.

Then she said she wanted to be a big beauty influencer and started becoming obsessed with makeup and constantly buying it/wanting it which gave her anxiety attacks, hence the move to project panning and makeup 'minimalism' - although she still didn't have huge numbers of subscribers.

So I guess shes tried a few different routes to internet 'fame' and now has apparently 'cracked it' with her 'make up your mind' series. I'm just thinking all this PR stuff and 'growing her collection' is why she's giving off stressed-out vibes recently.

Ingot
Learner
Learner

Post by Ingot »

Her last video did it for me too. That girl is unable to see other people's perspectives. Plus by the way, a bright pink blush is far more inclusive than a neutral blush, which is the opposite of what she thought. everyone can wear bright pink even fair people with a light hand, neutral can only be worn by pale white people. Showing not only is this a spoilt princess but also a racist.

Return to “LuciaTepperBeauty”