WanderlustX3
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: RawBeautyKristi - Half-assed creator, Whole-hearted lover - Part 5

Post by WanderlustX3 »

Bored_bitch wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:33 pm
(Hi, I’m new) is there a specific reason why people like her? Most people gravitate towards people who’re conventionally beautiful or talented and she doesn’t seem to be either of those... she’s so unfortunate looking (she looks like penguin from Batman) and seems to be so self-absorbed. I’m just wondering if there’s a specific reason or video that made her go viral or something? I’m so confused haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think most people started to like her because she's not the "convientionally beautiful" guru, we have enough pretty and botoxed beautubers so its nice to have someone who is relatively normal looking. She gained a lot of traction when she was in the nyx face awards a couple of years ago (she made it to the top 6). I can't remember how many subs she had before the face awards, but i believe it was under 300K.
Please excuse my shitty english. I have no excuse, but at least I acknowledge my horrible grammar and typing skills.

Raven_nevermore
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Raven_nevermore »

WanderlustX3 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:19 pm
Bored_bitch wrote:
(Hi, I’m new) is there a specific reason why people like her? Most people gravitate towards people who’re conventionally beautiful or talented and she doesn’t seem to be either of those... she’s so unfortunate looking (she looks like penguin from Batman) and seems to be so self-absorbed. I’m just wondering if there’s a specific reason or video that made her go viral or something? I’m so confused haha

I think most people started to like her because she's not the "convientionally beautiful" guru, we have enough pretty and botoxed beautubers so its nice to have someone who is relatively normal looking. She gained a lot of traction when she was in the nyx face awards a couple of years ago (she made it to the top 6). I can't remember how many subs she had before the face awards, but i believe it was under 300K.
Yes and to her credit she can be really funny. She has been less so lately because she is so miserable but she actually used to make me laugh a lot

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

WanderlustX3 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:19 pm
Bored_bitch wrote:

I haven't checked this thread in awhile, but came in here bc reddit was really going to bat for her in a thread about gurus who are conventionally beautiful. There were people defending her saying that she's really pretty and anyone who says she's not a conventional beauty proves how out of control and unrealistic beauty standards are. But I do agree that she has embraced/gotten views from not fitting the mold.

To address that question though, she did well in the Face Awards, but kind of struggled after. She did a few obnoxious (imo) videos complaining about her growth and didn't actually hit 100k subscribers until a year after the face awards. A lot of her views and subscribers have come in the last year/year and a half, when she started doing overly dramatic thumbnails and reviews. Her fans find her funny. She had a viral video recently about Jaclyn Hill's lipsticks.

diesirae wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:48 pm
Feels like she's listened too much on Sam's ranting about how she's not really into the whole social media thing anymore, but at the same time she can't just get a regular job and still have the same income.

The BIG difference is that Kristi's BARELY on the beauty guru map, and her career could be over in the blink of an eye, while Sam's has a more established position. She can afford to say no to PR and whatnot, Kristi's not in the same league. So obvious that the whole "down to earth" and "relatable" thing Kristi is trying to portray is all smoke and mirrors. I think SHE really thinks that she's the shit, laughing all the way to the bank.

I would be so uncomfortable if I was Sam, having a "friend"/stalker who tries to copy E-VE-RY-THING I do or say would drive me nuts.
Tbh, I think they are in the same league. Sam has had a slow and steady climb to that sub-1M, moderately successful tier, while Kristi floundered for awhile before picking up. But they both have similar overall channel views, and Kristi isn't overwhelmingly smaller in subscriptions. Sam also used to post irregularly and when she finally did, would complain about her depression and lack of passion and struggling with mean comments etc etc. So to me it makes sense that she'd see Sam as a role model for her career path. I mean, neither of them will probably ever hit that 5M+, with huge collabs and doing videos for Allure/Glamour/Seventeen it girl status.

keep_er_movin
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Post by keep_er_movin »

I subbed to her because of her personality. I thought she was hilarious, but that person is just so far gone from her videos now.

She also is really talented with make-up (when she wants to be). Like her Halloween series was usually bombbbb. I know she's gain a lot of subs for that. Go figure she didn't do it this past year.

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:45 pm
Whoa, she used to have a jawline?
No she hasnt. Even in a video where she showed pictures of herself as a child she had the same chin and jaw as she does now

PenelopeJones
Learner
Learner

Post by PenelopeJones »

rva1 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:42 am
She has changed SO much. I just pulled up my all time favorite RBK video (below) and the difference is shocking. In this video she is constantly joking and her jokes are so much more natural/really seems like her actual personality. Now her videos all seem so forced and stiff. The video from last March is someone I'd love to hang out, now though she seems like a miserable person who would just drag the mood down.

I used to LOVE her. Her closet tour video had me rolling. I miss how she used to be.

Wanna_see_posts
Talker
Talker

Post by Wanna_see_posts »

Saw Sam Ravandahl got married yesterday, did Kristi go do we know? What did she wear? And if she did, what's the wager on how long she'll milk it for attention for herself lol

Eraserhead2702
Learner
Learner

Post by Eraserhead2702 »

Wanna_see_posts wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:49 pm
Saw Sam Ravandahl got married yesterday, did Kristi go do we know? What did she wear? And if she did, what's the wager on how long she'll milk it for attention for herself lol
She did, her husband posted a ig story, she look like “the mother of the bride” she wore a green dress/blouse

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

RawBeautyKristi - Half-assed creator, Whole-hearted lover - Part 5

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

Yes she went, it was on her Insta stories. Not sure what she wore.

I can see her having a vow renewal that looks creepily identical to Sam’s wedding Image

Actually here’s part of the outfit:

heatherrrrz
Informer
Informer

Post by heatherrrrz »

Is she wearing that stupid sports bra with that dress? If she isn't and is wearing a regular bra, she needs to be fitted because they should not be so low

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

They did hang out. The picture above is from Jamie’s story, you can see they were sitting across from each other. Kristi and her husband posted stuff on their stories. I assume Sam told people not to post too much stuff

Meetball1286
Talker
Talker

Post by Meetball1286 »

Her new ig pic with the overalls.....

QWERTY af
Talker
Talker

Post by QWERTY af »

Cheryl Blossom wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:40 pm
Yes she went, it was on her Insta stories. Not sure what she wore.

I can see her having a vow renewal that looks creepily identical to Sam’s wedding Image

Actually here’s part of the outfit:

I can’t believe she picked that to wear to a wedding. Does it look insanely different when she’s standing up? So ill-fitting and unflattering in this picture.

Meetball1286
Talker
Talker

Post by Meetball1286 »

Could not wear more unflattering clothes

RoightFraZzLeD
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by RoightFraZzLeD »

Mfw she talks about getting lashes in PR a year ago that she thought were Vegan, but then she read the box and the said they were Mink so she found out they weren't vegan, AND they're $109 and she's like a $10 lash girl and even though you can wear them like thirty times she can't support the brand because she doesn't support Mink and sure they look pretty, but at what cost, but she has them so she's going to use them (yes, the ramble sounded something like that). Then she tosses the box behind her... With the lashes still on her face lol.

A bit extra.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

diesirae
Learner
Learner

Post by diesirae »

Is this what we'll see when Kristi finally can whine about her 40 000 acres of land?

Finally realized what she reminds me of besides the Penguin, she looks like every character from the thumbmation movies :rofl:

Post by Guest »

7C5922E5-3273-46CD-BF63-83B7864FDC78.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Meetball1286
Talker
Talker

Post by Meetball1286 »

Overalls with a fanny pack. Why is she trying to add weight to her mid section

Gossgrl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gossgrl »

RoightFraZzLeD wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:58 pm
Mfw she talks about getting lashes in PR a year ago that she thought were Vegan, but then she read the box and the said they were Mink so she found out they weren't vegan, AND they're $109 and she's like a $10 lash girl and even though you can wear them like thirty times she can't support the brand because she doesn't support Mink and sure they look pretty, but at what cost, but she has them so she's going to use them (yes, the ramble sounded something like that). Then she tosses the box behind her... With the lashes still on her face lol.

A bit extra.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
she really should've just edited all that out and put on different lashes. it made no sense. I actually liked the video otherwise.

Katrinag1016
Talker
Talker

Post by Katrinag1016 »

JFreddy83 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:56 pm
37AF3F4D-38C4-4DC4-B91F-F396A64B5A4B.jpeg

This irks me on so many levels!
This irks me,too. She sounds so privileged yet she wastes no time to complain on her life.
:HK: KL not so polished :HK:

Return to “RawBeautyKristi”