Gymscool

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Gymscool

Post by ItsAndrew »

Gymscool is a channel where gymnastics videos are uploaded of a group of girls that participate in competitive gymnastics at 1st Class Gymnastics.

Gymscool consists of:
Main channel
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB1-Lz ... LZWk3JDAqg

Coaches:
- Coach Mary

Gymnasts
- Aaliyah (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf53GkyI9-VIdSH_Sce8jgw)
- Amanda (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyfVAWnUObv3W7pAzrYzciw)
- Annie (http://www.youtube.com/user/acroanna)
- Chelsea (http://www.instagram.com/chelsea_gymnast101/)
- Emelia (http://www.instagram.com/i_am_emelia)
- Hailey (http://www.instagram.com/hailey.merchant/)
- Kathleen/Peanut (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOzUo7JwPXrfzCLEQur-7pg)
- Katie (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJO44FUePQs91aBIoS69gvg)
- McKenzie (http://www.instagram.com/kenziegymnast_10/)
- Mia (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpr4KsHaDSfS3EsrDFreLig)
- Olivia/Via (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCidjDOl ... Lf75Ng_oQ/)
- Sydney (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtXvnSIieY_QHKRrtuSRc7w)
- Tabitha/TJ (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqJ0qqUJ5-4TSJ-uaH9xs1g)

For the gymnasts who do not have a YouTube channel, I included their Instagram account instead. All of these accounts are publicly known and nothing private, just to be clear.

Tropical_Paradise
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: Gymscool

Post by Tropical_Paradise »

Does anyone know if Liv came back to gym? I heard some rumors of diving and then more recently that she's back..

Sent from my BLU STUDIO C SUPER CAMERA using Tapatalk

Ddddd12345

Post by Ddddd12345 »

Tropical_Paradise wrote:Does anyone know if Liv came back to gym? I heard some rumors of diving and then more recently that she's back..

She has been back at Hill's gymnastics for about a month and will compete level 9 next season. She was in diving for about 5 months.

Clemence08
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Clemence08 »

So far not a lot of first class gymnastics training with coach Mary have done well later one, not many have reached hopes or tops and yet all of those girls follow her around from gym to gym I really do wonder why that is?

Ddddd12345

Post by Ddddd12345 »

Clemence08 wrote:So far not a lot of first class gymnastics training with coach Mary have done well later one, not many have reached hopes or tops and yet all of those girls follow her around from gym to gym I really do wonder why that is?
I don't understand it either. It is not like she is producing a mass of elite gymnasts. I think it's just her fun-oriented, undisciplined and friendly approach that draws people in. It's much easier for parents like bratayley to send their kids to a place where they have a say in everything. Other gyms don't have that flexibility and require a lot more commitment.
For instance at Hill's gymnastics, they won't let you move up a level if you don't score a 36.0 so Annie would never have been allowed up to level 9. Even Mia arguably their best level 9 gymnast hasn't scored 36 this season. They also don't let you miss practices as you wish. Mary lets them do anything they want.

Tropical_Paradise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Tropical_Paradise »

Ddddd12345 wrote:
Tropical_Paradise wrote:Does anyone know if Liv came back to gym? I heard some rumors of diving and then more recently that she's back..

She has been back at Hill's gymnastics for about a month and will compete level 9 next season. She was in diving for about 5 months.
I'm happy she's back even though she made the US national team for diving :)

Clemence08
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Clemence08 »

What bothers/wonders me about gymscool:

- The fact that none of the girls seem to do THAT well for the hours they train.

- The fact that girls are moved up levels so easy as to were girls at Hill's have to score a higher score at meets to be moved up.

-The weird thing that girls follow coach mary around, I get it when its a coach that has produced great gymnasts but she has not.

- That it seems that some girls are shoved in a corner when she films for gymscool.
-Her relationship with Amanda.

And many more...

RazzleDazzle46
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by RazzleDazzle46 »

Clemence08 wrote:So far not a lot of first class gymnastics training with coach Mary have done well later one, not many have reached hopes or tops and yet all of those girls follow her around from gym to gym I really do wonder why that is?
A few girls have done well later on... but the trick was to leave her. And I think it was understandable why they followed her around at first. She's a easy going coach who isn't too horrible at coaching lower levels. Most of the girls moved with her when they were in lower levels when I think it was more about fun. The problem now is most of those girls want to compete at a higher level despite her not being well equipped to coach higher levels, and not knowing how to train an elite, but staying with her to them probably feels like the safe comfortable option.

Ddddd12345

Post by Ddddd12345 »

Tropical_Paradise wrote:
Ddddd12345 wrote:

I'm happy she's back even though she made the US national team for diving :)

She did? That's amazing!

Ddddd12345

Post by Ddddd12345 »

Clemence08 wrote:What bothers/wonders me about gymscool:

- The fact that none of the girls seem to do THAT well for the hours they train.

- The fact that girls are moved up levels so easy as to were girls at Hill's have to score a higher score at meets to be moved up.

-The weird thing that girls follow coach mary around, I get it when its a coach that has produced great gymnasts but she has not.

- That it seems that some girls are shoved in a corner when she films for gymscool.

And many more...
In light of all the recent injuries, I have to add this to your list:

- the fact that she does not teach drills or correct bad technique but she just lets the girls throw dangerous skills before they are ready for them.

Clemence08
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Clemence08 »

Ddddd12345 wrote:
Clemence08 wrote:What bothers/wonders me about gymscool:

And many more...
In light of all the recent injuries, I have to add this to your list:

- the fact that she does not teach drills or correct bad technique but she just lets the girls throw dangerous skills before they are ready for them.
This! Someone above said that she is fine teaching the lower levels but if she was fine teaching them wouldnt that mean that most kids would have better form and technique? Pointed toes? Stronger core...

Clemence08
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Clemence08 »

Okay I saw the video where Syd hurt her head on bars (again!) and the cut didnt look big and the head Always bleeds heavier then anywhere else but she looked out of it. I think the should have called for a some medical help just to check her out because moving someone that could have a (Severe) concussion isnt always the best thing to do. Didnt she hurt her head on bars just recently? Maybe that was a hint that she shouldnt be doing it

RazzleDazzle46
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by RazzleDazzle46 »

Clemence08 wrote:Okay I saw the video where Syd hurt her head on bars (again!) and the cut didnt look big and the head Always bleeds heavier then anywhere else but she looked out of it. I think the should have called for a some medical help just to check her out because moving someone that could have a (Severe) concussion isnt always the best thing to do. Didnt she hurt her head on bars just recently? Maybe that was a hint that she shouldnt be doing it
As someone who just had a head injury(Bruised my skull), what they did was ok. If she didn't black out at any point, wasn't feeling sick, was responsive, and wasn't having memory problems there no need to call for help, but it was wise to take her to the hospital. Also she hit her head on a beam dismount, I don't think it's a hint she shouldn't be doing it, she's not a bad gymnast. Maybe it means coach Mary needs to work on her coaching skills for upper levels. Syd's other 2 head injuries with a fall onto concrete and off a bed.

Clemence08
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Clemence08 »

RazzleDazzle46 wrote:
Clemence08 wrote:Okay I saw the video where Syd hurt her head on bars (again!) and the cut didnt look big and the head Always bleeds heavier then anywhere else but she looked out of it. I think the should have called for a some medical help just to check her out because moving someone that could have a (Severe) concussion isnt always the best thing to do. Didnt she hurt her head on bars just recently? Maybe that was a hint that she shouldnt be doing it
As someone who just had a head injury(Bruised my skull), what they did was ok. If she didn't black out at any point, wasn't feeling sick, was responsive, and wasn't having memory problems there no need to call for help, but it was wise to take her to the hospital. Also she hit her head on a beam dismount, I don't think it's a hint she shouldn't be doing it, she's not a bad gymnast. Maybe it means coach Mary needs to work on her coaching skills for upper levels. Syd's other 2 head injuries with a fall onto concrete and off a bed.

Oh I dont mean that Syd shouldnt be doing it but Coach Mary apparently cant train her very well so no she shouldnt be doing it under mary's supervision.

Ddddd12345

Post by Ddddd12345 »

RazzleDazzle46 wrote:
No one is saying she is a bad gymnast. She is the best one they've got. But just because you are good at one skill doesn't mean you are ready for another one. Even Simone Biles wouldn't randomly start performing skills she hasn't trained.

At most gyms they have skill progressions where they build all the parts of a skill for weeks before a gymnast even dreams of performing them. At first class they just give you a mat and you're set. I have seen Sydney perform skills where she is almost landing on her head on a hard surface when she should still be training that skill into the foam pit. She is small so she flips easily but that won't always protect her from injury as we have seen.

RazzleDazzle46
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by RazzleDazzle46 »

Ddddd12345 wrote:
RazzleDazzle46 wrote:
No one is saying she is a bad gymnast. She is the best one they've got. But just because you are good at one skill doesn't mean you are ready for another one. Even Simone Biles wouldn't randomly start performing skills she hasn't trained.

At most gyms they have skill progressions where they build all the parts of a skill for weeks before a gymnast even dreams of performing them. At first class they just give you a mat and you're set. I have seen Sydney perform skills where she is almost landing on her head on a hard surface when she should still be training that skill into the foam pit. She is small so she flips easily but that won't always protect her from injury as we have seen.
Like what Clemence08 said in their reply, that's what I think the case is, Coach Mary. The huge problem imo is Syd IS ready to do bigger and better things, BUT Elite and level 10 are two different beasts when it comes to skills, and how to coach. Coach Mary has never been elite, and has never coached an elite athlete and struggles with the upper levels. Sydney is by far the best they have and she is literally trying to teach new skills that she has never taught or done before in her life. It's like a med student who observed an open heart surgery once, trying to teach someone to actually do it on a living person. You can give coach mary all the foam pits, and time to practice in the world, but there is only so much a gymnast can do when your coach can't coach. Syd could have been so much further along with proper coaching.

RazzleDazzle46
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by RazzleDazzle46 »

Just watched the most recent Gymscool video. Almost half an hour of all the "amazing" things they did at meets. Maybe show videos of *how* they achieved their mediocre status? It also got me thinking.

1) Most of their good meets weren't against big gyms.
2) Maybe coach Mary doesn't post in depth videos of their training because she knows she'll be criticised.
3)*BONUS* This is something I actually noticed a while ago. People always want to see Annie and Sydney(Hills) compete at the same time. And if you look at the meets results online you can see that Hills HAVE attended a few of the same meets, BUT it's ALWAYS their lower levels. Which leaves me to believe that they send their lower levels to these meets as more of an experience thing for when they start sending them to bigger meets.

Clemence08
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Clemence08 »

RazzleDazzle46 wrote:Just watched the most recent Gymscool video. Almost half an hour of all the "amazing" things they did at meets. Maybe show videos of *how* they achieved their mediocre status? It also got me thinking.

1) Most of their good meets weren't against big gyms.
2) Maybe coach Mary doesn't post in depth videos of their training because she knows she'll be criticised.
3)*BONUS* This is something I actually noticed a while ago. People always want to see Annie and Sydney(Hills) compete at the same time. And if you look at the meets results online you can see that Hills HAVE attended a few of the same meets, BUT it's ALWAYS their lower levels. Which leaves me to believe that they send their lower levels to these meets as more of an experience thing for when they start sending them to bigger meets.
I saw their latetst gymscool video about grip strenght. No im not as strong as these girls but it was such a sloppy video.

People assume they are a great gym but when you look at results, they are sure not!
Like what you said with hill's they sent them there for experience, Hill's is way better.

Those girls should go to a different gym and invest in school more.

Ddddd12345

Post by Ddddd12345 »

I was just checking out 1st class state meet results. Annie and Arden had the worst scores of everyone who competed all events in their division. I mean, wow. Poor Arden didn't even make it to regionals. Annie made it by .15, just BARELY. Mia is carrying the whole team literally. The funniest part of this is that the gyms these girls left to follow coach Mary to 1st class i.e Win-win and docksiders did better. Hills was way ahead.
The level 10s did better. Both Peanut and Hailey did better than Sydney though. I have to say that even though Sydney has big skills and difficulty, she doesn't score very well which is quite surprising. She is so inconsistent with her skills.

Return to “Gymscool”