Continue here...

xIts_JJx
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Troye Sivan Part 2

Post by xIts_JJx »

Don't read his forum often so I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but all of this boys songs sound the exact same???

tarian
Learner
Learner

Post by tarian »

I think the reason his newer songs sound relatively the same is because I do not think he has much to say these days. I feel he is still holding something back and that is holding is sound back.

stlkr
Learner
Learner

Post by stlkr »

So T Swift invited Troye to perform My My My on her tour. The most charitable celebrity indeed!

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

following

larrie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by larrie »

i like the music video for bloom. troye was serving LEWKS!

videostar
Debater
Debater

Post by videostar »

Here's Dance to This with Ariana Grande which was released recently:

JetpackBlue
Talker
Talker

Post by JetpackBlue »

He seems to be holding back his voice on this record a lot more than he did for Wild, maybe cause the last tour he would hurt his voice a lot. This seems a lot more tame not just in style of the songs, but also how he uses his voice.

shadeira
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by shadeira »

Following

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

Troye did a Q&A on Tumblr last week and someone asked him if he would ever come back to YouTube or make an update video. Here is his response:

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by EST »

ItsAndrew wrote:Troye did a Q&A on Tumblr last week and someone asked him if he would ever come back to YouTube or make an update video. Here is his response:
lol

whilst i don't care for troye's music, he was smart to get off yt when he did.

larrie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by larrie »

So the album's out, thoughts?

Cheesey
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheesey »

His songs don't actually do that well on the charts do they? I guess the general public still don't care about youtubers.

videostar
Debater
Debater

Post by videostar »

The album's cute, but a marked decline from Blue Neighbourhood, which I felt had better (and more interesting) production. A bit of a sophomore slump. I'd be surprised if we see a third album.

Post by Guest »

Ticket sales for his tour seem kinda 'meh'. My friend sorta wants to go see him in Detroit for nostalgic reasons so I checked to see how much tickets were and I was surprised at how many seats are still available (and I had to laugh because besides a few scattered single seats, Dan & Phil's show in July at the same venue sold out). Then I looked at Jacksonville, FL because a couple of my friends are going to that show and there are a ton of seats still available there too. I mean one of his shows has sold out, and a few are close but most are not. It seems like all the celebrity praise he's received and his collab with Ariana wasn't enough to generate a lot of hype for this tour or album.

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

Went to his show in Chicago tonight. The show was sold out and there was a ton of energy in the crowd. Troye knows how to put on a show and has a lot of energy on stage. It was definitely weird seeing a guy who I have watched for years through a computer screen doing silly collaborations, hipster videos, and hiding a relationship to becoming a huge performer.

To those who think he isn't as popular as it seems, Chicago is a prime example of that not being true. The old fangirls from his YouTube days still support him, and he has a whole bunch of new fans that now support him too.

gottacatchemall
Learner
Learner

Post by gottacatchemall »

Just watched the Golden Globes. Lady Gaga won Best Original Song for Shallow (which...of course she was going to win). Troye was nominated along with Kendrick Lamar, Annie Lennox and Dolly Parton, and of course when he lost his stans claimed he should have won. Like I'm sorry, there's supporting your fave and then there's complete delusion. Troye was never going to win against four legends.

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hippo »

I was just re-listening to his album from last year, and I just had to say that, while I mostly enjoy his stuff, The Good Side is possibly the most disgustingly condescending thing I've ever heard. What on Earth could someone as boring as Connor Franta have done to deserve that?

mamshie17
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by mamshie17 »

Okay, I'm a new fan of Troye.. And as a new fan, scoured everything i can find about him and I must say, the mainstream info about him looks good at every angle. I watched his interviews in YT, even the ones with like, less than 1k views, lol. I've read the 1st part of this thread, and some are really unfair judgement to Troye. I only found it because Troye does seem shady after watching and reading so many stuff about him that I had thought "oh come on, there should be some gossips about him". I found the thread and after reading it, as someone who isn't there when everything went down and isn't blinded by this strange betrayal i can feel from some of you, some of your points are really petty and unfair, lol.

Before you accuse me as one of his mindless fans (which i am, probably, lol) let me say I agree with some of your...concerns:
1. The connor/troye thing is admittedly suspicious. If we base his life story with his songs, then Plum probably explains the break up. But after listening to Plum, Good Side becomes more condescending. Like, dude, you fell out of love with this sweet guy who you have a sweet relationship with then you write a smug song about how good your life is after the break up. That's just shitty, Troye. I mean, of course, you can't force yourself to continue a relationship that isn't doing anything for you anymore but i wished he just shut up about it. Good idea for songs, though, if you are scraping the barrels for inspiration. Like one comment said, Good Side is a good song because that PoV isn't done a lot. Compared to most post break up songs where all you can hear is bitterness and blame, Good side is the song for those who feel smug after a break up, lol.
2. Speaking of, yeah, his song writing skills is questionable though I do think he helps in writing his songs. Probably writes a line or two, suggest the narrative of the song, approves the whole song production, something like that. His song production team is awesome and he does give credit to where credit is due even in interviews. He's just really desperate to be included in the song writing process.

Troye is shady and bitchy and clingy and ambitious. But I'm staying as a fan because he tries. Look, he's just a person who has a dream and has the guts to go for it. He isn't even from a celebrity family whose fame is handed to him.
His singing voice is mediocre, so he made sure the production of his songs can cover it up. He probably can't write a whole album of good songs, so he hired a team for it. He has the resources, so he's using the full potential of it. If only talented people can succeed, then we might as well stop the hypocrisy and just tell people to give up their dreams. Because truly talented people are rare. And they deserve the recognition and benefits from it. But without the ambition, your talent will just vanish along with your "authenticity". If you are talented and actually do something about it, then good for you. But what about people who have dreams and can offer something although not as great as the truly talented people? Just keep dreaming and wistfully sigh in a corner? If you have mediocre talent but has the skills and ambition to make it big, then go for it too, because why the fvck not.

I don't think Troye is an angel, but he is like any other person whose personality is not black or white. I don't think he is malicious or using other people. Sure, name dropping is shady but those he name drops frequently are the ones getting something out of it too. Arianna Grande and Taylor Swift is being charitable or whatever but let's be real here, they also look good supporting an aspiring gay pop singer. They can choose whomever but Troye is the one they picked because his songs are actually good and he's unapologetically ambitious about it.
Troye himself repeatedly points out he is not a gay pop icon and refused the title so many times although he can stay silent about it until the moniker sticks. But he keeps denying it, pointing out the queer community is diverse and he's just a skinny, white kid known for pop songs. He knows when to stop and how much (or little) his actually fame is.
He is using his sexuality for his fame because he knows that's what he can offer and what some people needs. He's being an inspiration to a lot of LGBTQ+ youth and I won't begrudge him giving people that. And almost all his song topics is being in love or around the idea of love, just like other hetero songs. The difference is Troye explores gay culture along with it and that separates it from other straight songs (seventeen, heaven, etc). If it isn't gay enough, you complain. If it's about his sexuality, you complain he is using his 'gayness'. Wtf people.
And Troye seems clingy. And i don't think that at his age and current level of fame, that's a bad thing. It's good that his family and friends and bf is willing to be around him during tours because compared to being alone, the temptation of different things which surround that industry is probably too much to handle for him. We do what we need to stay sane and healthy.
When he is not on tour or publicity appointments, he is alone in his house with his dog if his bf is working somewhere else. You won't hear anything from him if his bf is around. If he seems lonely, he goes to Twitter or Insta Live.
Troye seems one of those people who love being in love. He gets his inspiration from it, probably lost that spark with Connor and that's why he fell out of love. Connor seems to be such a sweet, inspiring guy but I think Troye squeezed all the inspiration he can get from that relationship. Like, there's nothing to explore anymore. Connor deserves someone better than Troye anyway so it's good they broke up, because Troye is an ambitious bitch and Connor is one of those inspiring guys who deserves an equally nice bf. I just wished Troye had given him enough time before moving on to the next guy. Probably why Tracob is such a secret at first. But Troye is, like we have established, effing ambitious and when his new muse comes along, probably didn't waste any time. Jacob looks like he isn't as naive as Connor so maybe that's why Tracob is in its 3rd year so far. It's their relationship, anyway, wtf ever.

Do i have a point in this long essay? I don't know. It's just hilarious how some people here paint troye as this villainous character who will squeeze the life out of anyone who made contact with him just so he can be famous. Like, this is the music industry, pop music specifically, you will die if you don't use all the resources you have. Troye isn't even truly harming anyone here, did he scam people out of their money? Pretended to be gay to get LGBTQ+ support? Cheated anyone out of anything? Stalked anyone to get his name on their follow lists? Manipulated his fans to do something bad? All he did is play the game to get his dreams running, and not even full on Taylor Swift or other famous celebrities' publicity style. You dislike him for being ambitious, for disappointing your fantasy of a YT personality who is sincere and pure. Lol. Go to Connors page if you want that and don't get mad at people whose dreams are different than yours.
Troye wanted to be a famous pop artist, and he is doing it while inspiring people, and that's great for me and his fans. His album Bloom is not that bad, it resonated to his target audience and his concert tours did very well. He is young and not catapulting to instant stardom Arianna grande-level is good for him. He has time on his hands, resources to use, and his fans are growing in numbers worldwide so don't be quick in dismissing him to satisfy some petty vindictiveness, lol

mamshie17
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by mamshie17 »

Okay, i just checked the connor franta yawntuber award thread, and wow, maybe Troye did wrote Plum and Good Side as a not so subtle way of telling Connor to move on. I feel better now about liking Plum and Good Side, lol. It's hilarious how they have better insights about troye there than this actual thread about him.

Return to “Troye Sivan”