Opinions on Bethany

kayleighhh16
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Opinions on Bethany

Post by kayleighhh16 »

She isn't even a style haul partner and I believe she doesn't do sponsored videos. If she does it's rarely like the Aeropostale thing but I think she does everything else herself.

Post by Guest »

kayleighhh16 wrote:She isn't even a style haul partner and I believe she doesn't do sponsored videos. If she does it's rarely like the Aeropostale thing but I think she does everything else herself.
Well she doesn't do everything herself, there are people that film her and edit her videos (it's the same guy that edits Michelle Phan's videos btw) which has been already discussed on this forum.

kayleighhh16
Talker
Talker

Post by kayleighhh16 »

No she said in an interview she edits her own videos..

hipster
Debater
Debater

Post by hipster »

kayleighhh16 wrote:She isn't even a style haul partner and I believe she doesn't do sponsored videos. If she does it's rarely like the Aeropostale thing but I think she does everything else herself.
I don't think she does sponsored videos but she did do a product placement ad abt Micheal todd in one of her fave vid & it was obvious as M.T. products were being hyped alot on yt at that time. She did some arizona tea ad making it seem like a D.I.Y, someone said that she had smth to do with pacsun too. She did have business related stuff for aeropastle. How ever u call it. No company would allow u to hold a meet up at a place without benefits. They're benefit was profit actually. She promotes the name indirectly and when the kids are there, they look around and perhaps buy a thing or 2. She did do some OOTD there too so its basically an ad cleverly disguised

hipster
Debater
Debater

Post by hipster »

kayleighhh16 wrote:No she said in an interview she edits her own videos..
Read the other pages of this forum

guestt
Informer
Informer

Post by guestt »

Viewers need to learn how gurus lie through their teeth that their video "is not a sponsored video".

Oh this is not a sponsored video because:
1. I am not paid monetarily to do this
2. the company sent me some items to try but they never insist I must make a video. I make it on my accord.
3. the company generously just let me pick out items I like since I do "outfit of the day" videos and i really really really like these so i included these anyways....

I am not saying bethany did all the above. I don't know everything about her since I don't watch all of her videos. But i notice she doesn't even declare in the info box. It would be hard to believe she doesn't get sent anything.

Elena
Debater
Debater

Post by Elena »

You know what? Yes, she might be too hyper and cutesy at times, but at least it "fits" her age! When i see it on Bethany i think it's cute because she's young and sweet. What gets on my nerves is when i see this kind of behavior on people who are in their mid-20's (e.g. missglamorazzi , Tanya Burr etc)

I think Bethany is sweet, has a really nice sense of style-VERY appropriate to her age, puts some serious effort into her videos and is never too annoying/obvious with sponsorship.
Her videos put me in a good mood and that's all that matters as far as i'm concerned! She might as well be a bitch-i have no idea- you guys might know more details.

I know this is the "trash" session, but i'm 25, and Bethany is one of the very very very few younger youtubers a can bear watching, so i thought i'd give my 2 cents

care2312
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by care2312 »

^ agreed 100%

Worldofchances2giveu
Informer
Informer

Post by Worldofchances2giveu »

Elena wrote:You know what? Yes, she might be too hyper and cutesy at times, but at least it "fits" her age! When i see it on Bethany i think it's cute because she's young and sweet. What gets on my nerves is when i see this kind of behavior on people who are in their mid-20's (e.g. missglamorazzi , Tanya Burr etc)

I think Bethany is sweet, has a really nice sense of style-VERY appropriate to her age, puts some serious effort into her videos and is never too annoying/obvious with sponsorship.
Her videos put me in a good mood and that's all that matters as far as i'm concerned! She might as well be a bitch-i have no idea- you guys might know more details.

I know this is the "trash" session, but i'm 25, and Bethany is one of the very very very few younger youtubers a can bear watching, so i thought i'd give my 2 cents
agree.

Plus it could be much worse if she was trying to act older, at least she still seems like a teen and not in her 20's.

katra
Lurker
Lurker

Post by katra »

Elena wrote:You know what? Yes, she might be too hyper and cutesy at times, but at least it "fits" her age! When i see it on Bethany i think it's cute because she's young and sweet. What gets on my nerves is when i see this kind of behavior on people who are in their mid-20's (e.g. missglamorazzi , Tanya Burr etc)

I feel the same! I think she's totally cute and acts her age. I'm 24, and although I don't really watch her school-related videos, I find her other videos kind of refreshing and upbeat. I heard her say once she spent all night editing a video, so I'm not sure if she does them all herself. She has good style to be her age, although most of the stuff she says to wear at school would get you sent home where I went to high school haha.

heroinelipstick
Learner
Learner

Post by heroinelipstick »

i can't stand her tbh

heyhihellothere
Learner
Learner

Post by heyhihellothere »

as someone who is almost the exact same age as her, it's a full on cringe fest. Sorry, not sorry.
see whenever i watch one of bethany's videos i just hear "OMG I LURV MICKEY AND STITCH LULZ N COTTON CANDY FLAVOHR GUYZ WHO DOESN'T LOVE THAT" or "ERR MRH GERR GUYZ I'M SO WIERD AND AWKWARD WHY LOL DON'T JUDGE ME SWAGGY"
:bhd:

maybe_its_photoshop
Debater
Debater

Post by maybe_its_photoshop »

She just reached 3 million subscribers.
it doesn't have to be forever... just as long as i'm the name, on your tattooed heart ♥
[9.14.12]

hambo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by hambo »

I agree aswell with everything said above and Im 24 lol, funny how this opinion seems to be that of people around this age.

Even though Bethany acts unnecessarily hyper all the time, compared to other Youtubers I feel she is still tolerable to watch because other than being hyper everything else about her is still likeable. Imo she consistently puts in effort with the content of her videos (doesnt just spew out product show and tells or pointless collabs/tags etc), seems to genuinely thinks of her subs as her friends, doesnt shove products down our throats and seems to pay out of her own pocket for giveaways.

hanabanana
Informer
Informer

Post by hanabanana »

i'm 16 and i've come to the conclusion that if you pretend that she's 12-14 she's fabulous! definitely the best beauty guru on youtube atm

hambo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by hambo »

I can see why she has reached 3 million subs, which is more than I can say for the wave of newer Youtubers who seem to just know how to act like Youtube celebrities and spew out collab after collab but are reaching 1 million in a heart beat.

Morena_p
Informer
Informer

Post by Morena_p »

I like her a lot and I can see why she's popular she's relatable to a lot of teenagers... uses drugstore makeup and her videos are well edited....

However as a 22 year old, I can't really relate to her... I don't use a lot of drugstore makeup and her outfits seem too childish for me. Like her school series is cute for someone who's in middle/high school but as someone who's going into their last year of college... her advice is useless.

maybe_its_photoshop
Debater
Debater

Post by maybe_its_photoshop »

First fall video is up when there's still an ENTIRE month of summer left. what the fuck, why does every guru do this
it doesn't have to be forever... just as long as i'm the name, on your tattooed heart ♥
[9.14.12]

ruby_x
Informer
Informer

Post by ruby_x »

maybe_its_photoshop wrote:First fall video is up when there's still an ENTIRE month of summer left. what the fuck, why does every guru do this
Ugh I know! To me that's just as bad as walking into Walmart in August and seeing Halloween stuff already for sale

guitarhero
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by guitarhero »

what was the point of a fall morning routine?

Return to “Macbarbie07 / Bethany Mota”