Opinions on Bethany

indielux
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Opinions on Bethany

Post by indielux »

I'm a teenager who is younger than Beth and I cant stand her videos anymore. I used to look at her videos like they were the beauty bible. But she is soooo fake and she's so immature for her age. I think her aeropostale line is nothing new ideas are being recycled from past seasons . :roll:

BeautyGirl
Talker
Talker

Post by BeautyGirl »

I agree with indielux. I used to like her in the very beginning. But I swear she's the one who started the whole, overly excited, loud obnoxious persona all gurus feel they have to have to gain subscribers. I know a lot of people feel it started with Blair but I think it started with Bethany. She is way too fake and over produced now. She doesn't come up with her own anything for her videos. The DIYs, the looks, etc, is all someone else. None of it is really her. I think her being so private makes it seem more real to preteens and young teens.

I want to be happy for her having her own line, but how much of it is really her? How much of it was her hard work? And how much of it was everybody behind the scenes with her just as the face?

ggeyeliner
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ggeyeliner »

I think she is one of the prettiest girl from youtube. I really like her look. And she looks gorgeous with and without make-up, unlike some of the other gurus (*cough* Zoe)
ENGLISH ISN'T MY FIRST LANGUAGE. Sorry for misunderstandings!

People should read everything, not the first 5 words and judge!

audreystone
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by audreystone »

marie_antoinette wrote:
ggnu wrote: If she would tell how much money she earns from being on yt, she would be considered to brag and god knows what. Also it isn't very polite to talk about your income to begin with, at least where I'm from.
I didn't mean that she should talk about it in her videos etc, I meant that she acts if she's only in it for fun which I find hard to believe. She just doesn't seem real to me.
^ It would be hard for her not to be in it for the money. She makes roughly 25,000$ per video.

audreystone
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by audreystone »

Sorry not 25,000$ but she does make thousands per*

cottonwood
Learner
Learner

Post by cottonwood »

honestly when i started watching beauty users on youtube i despised bethany. i hated her 'randomness' which wasn't random at all.

but alas, here i am subscribed to her. she is just so damn consistent with the quality and content of her videos. she's always enthusiastic and enjoyable to watch. also i think it's admirable she takes the time to film in potentially awkward crowded places.

i'm not going to be taking her fashion or beauty advice or anything but i enjoy watching her and i can see how much she cares about her channel and subbies and how much she puts into her videos. she's genuine, hard working and a nice girl. i can see why so many people are subscribed to her

Ehh-
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Ehh- »

Omg she is sooooo fricken annoying ok like I use to love her but now she's so immature like gurl grow up she's like what 16 but acts like she's 5 Ug like I hate her so much

audreystone
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by audreystone »

^ Pretty sure she's closer to 19

jwilson721
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by jwilson721 »

Eloquence wrote:"& You guys know Im like OBSESSED with coral"
"& You guys know Im like OBSESSED with the color pink"
"& You guys know Im like OBSESSED with high waisted shorts"
The list goes on and on........
AHAHA SOO TRUE :rofl:

amg9718
Learner
Learner

Post by amg9718 »

She is literally a 6 year old child. That is all I have to say.

nightmanoeuvres
Informer
Informer

Post by nightmanoeuvres »

hunter wrote:
nightmanoeuvres wrote:I'm not a big fan of her. She spends way too much time on her videos. I know it's her life, but she should do something more productive like get a job and not let mommy and daddy pay for everything. Just my opinion.
umm..LOL
This IS her job. She makes hundreds of thousands of dollars from youtube. Good try though :)
Old post from forever ago but I have to reply to your stupid reply to point out that YouTube is not a permanent job, sweetheart. :) :) good try though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sparksdragon
Informer
Informer

Post by Sparksdragon »

A while ago I started watching a few of her videos to see what all the hype was about and she seemed like just a average beauty guru her videos were edited well but there was nothing really that special. I'm not in high school anymore so maybe I just can't relate to this quirky randomness and a bit fake sometimes.

Overall she's ok but I defiantly don't understand what all the hype with her is about

killallyourfriends
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by killallyourfriends »

How does she still have any "motavators"? She's not doing anything. How can't they see that she doesn't care about them at all? I hope a new youtuber takes her place soon cause she's so boring.

Post by Guest »

Honestly, I don't get her hype. She's just the typical girl who likes to pretend she's random/silly/quirky to seem cute. She's not exactly useful either.

gossipgirlxoxoo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by gossipgirlxoxoo »

I like her but her videos is out of my age range. I feel like a 14 year old high schooler watching her videos. I'm 19. I don't really find her videos relatable anymore.

Anyway, must of Beth audience is under 18.. Which explains why her videos are bubbly and glittery.

corneliab91
Informer
Informer

Post by corneliab91 »

Doesn't her niece look like her daughter?!

LouiseBelcher
Learner
Learner

Post by LouiseBelcher »

corneliab91 wrote:Doesn't her niece look like her daughter?!

very suspicous, maybe thats the real reason she was homezchooled[HOT BEVERAGE][FROG FACE]

galaxy_stars
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by galaxy_stars »

corneliab91 wrote:Doesn't her niece look like her daughter?!

I doubt that. I've noticed that her mom's genes are pretty strong - bethany, her mom, and her sis look extremely similar. Also, back when Bethany was active, releasing weekly vids, I'm sure we would have realized if she was pregnant lol. but remember that WEIRD DWTS interview with Derek about them founding out she had something or that it was "official" she had something? and she was SUPER awkward about it. still no announcements, so it must have definitely be something Derek accidentally spilled.

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

I hope you guys are joking because saying Bethany is a mother is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. :roll:

corneliab91
Informer
Informer

Post by corneliab91 »

Why would it be dumb? She's an adult, contrary to her 5 year old persona she tries to portray in her videos. She could have a kid right now and it wouldn't be weird or dumb since she's an almost 20 year old woman!

Return to “Macbarbie07 / Bethany Mota”