Opinions on Bethany

Worldofchances2giveu
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Opinions on Bethany

Post by Worldofchances2giveu »

oxprincessxo wrote:So many people showed up to her meetup. I was kind of shocked, honestlyy.
really? she has a large fanbase, a lot bigger than most beauty guru's right now (a lot of that is thanks to clevvertv). if smaller channels get people to come to their meet and greet, why wouldn't a channel Bethany's size?

kittencuddleparty
Debater
Debater

Post by kittencuddleparty »

Worldofchances2giveu wrote:
oxprincessxo wrote:So many people showed up to her meetup. I was kind of shocked, honestlyy.
really? she has a large fanbase, a lot bigger than most beauty guru's right now (a lot of that is thanks to clevvertv). if smaller channels get people to come to their meet and greet, why wouldn't a channel Bethany's size?
I don't think they were saying they were surprised that people went to her meet up, but I think they were just surprised with the amount of people who showed up. She's not a celebrity or anything, so a lot of people coming to meet her or any youtuber is kind of surprising honestly. They're just people from the internet, it's kind of similar to a ~tumblr famous~ person having a meet up in my opinion, like why would lots of people show up to that? They're not really anything special.

tinyblue
Informer
Informer

Post by tinyblue »

I really loved her style swap video. It was great to see her interacting with someone else and taking part in Japanese culture and learning about the styles and makeup looks that young women there are into. I would love to do something like that with someone from another country! the outfit she chose for asahi was terrible, but still a fun and different video to watch

Number_9
Informer
Informer

Post by Number_9 »

You can really tell she has no idea how to do someone else's makeup, or at least anyone with different eyes than her own.
"You can't just slap SnK's OP onto everything."

CosetteTheLark
Learner
Learner

Post by CosetteTheLark »

Number_9 wrote:You can really tell she has no idea how to do someone else's makeup, or at least anyone with different eyes than her own.
Yeah, even from far away Asahi's makeup looked pretty awful... It really kind of shows you that Beth has very basic makeup skills.

idontknow

Post by idontknow »

This is going to sound really nitpicky, but I hate how tries to stare at the camera when she applies eye shadow.. And she smiles while doing it. I don't know why but it drives me crazy.

lauralovescats09
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lauralovescats09 »

Didn't she say she had an interview with one direction or something for seventeen? I'm 100% sure she did cause she asked her fans on twitter what she should ask them..

guestt
Informer
Informer

Post by guestt »

Asahi doesn't even look that bad without makeup. After Bethany did her makeup, it was really bad. At least give her some eyeliner. :?

Salem44
Learner
Learner

Post by Salem44 »

I love Bethany. I'm 24 and way over her target audience but I think she is a great role model for young girls. There are so many youtubers who aren't nearly as dedicated. You can tell she does it because she loves it and not for the money. I'm for one very impressed with her motivation. I know I didn't have that when I was a teenager. I think out of all the youtubers she is the most impressive.

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

oxprincessxo wrote:I agree, I didn't think she was that well-spoken, even immature. However, she is a very sweet girl with good intentions. I think she makes a lot of money off something she enjoys.
she was definitely immature in that interview. does no one lecture her on how to act in interviews?!

Pleasedont
Talker
Talker

Post by Pleasedont »

A lot of people were flipping out In polinas video that Bethany was acting rude? For some reason I'm convinced that she's not super bubbly all the time and that she can be a bitch sometimes

hipster
Debater
Debater

Post by hipster »

Pleasedont wrote:A lot of people were flipping out In polinas video that Bethany was acting rude? For some reason I'm convinced that she's not super bubbly all the time and that she can be a bitch sometimes
Which video?

girlwithopinionsokay
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by girlwithopinionsokay »

yes please link the video^^^^

kpgirl
Informer
Informer

Post by kpgirl »

Pleasedont wrote:A lot of people were flipping out In polinas video that Bethany was acting rude? For some reason I'm convinced that she's not super bubbly all the time and that she can be a bitch sometimes
[youtube][/youtube]

0:30 is where you see Bethany.
I don't think she was rude. I was reading through the comments and none of them were about Bethany being rude.

lexiladoll
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lexiladoll »

I dont see how its rude but that pup was soooo cute!!

kayleighhh16
Talker
Talker

Post by kayleighhh16 »

Did she get braces? She used to have a gap, correct? She probably got invisiline? Any thoughts

Post by Guest »

I think she's a bit shady and fake - I don't buy her tumblr inspired hyped up persona and don't appreciate her not being honest about sponsorships, not admitting having a team behind her and stealing ideas off various blogs and websites for her DIY videos. With all the subbies that she currently has, she must be making some serious money, yet she acts as if she knows nothing about it.

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

kayleighhh16 wrote:Did she get braces? She used to have a gap, correct? She probably got invisiline? Any thoughts
she got veneers

owwlexandra
Talker
Talker

Post by owwlexandra »

She was in the middle of trying to take a picture. And it seemed like Polina was talking in the middle of it. I doubt Beth was being rude.
Style is on the outside, beauty is on the in. <3

owwlexandra
Talker
Talker

Post by owwlexandra »

Sorry for the double post but does Polina wear those lashes often? I've never seen or heard of her channel, but when watched the video recently posted on here, her eyes looked ridiculous.
Style is on the outside, beauty is on the in. <3

Return to “Macbarbie07 / Bethany Mota”