Macbarbie07/Bethany Mota - Part 4

lookanothergossiper
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Macbarbie07/Bethany Mota - Part 4

Post by lookanothergossiper »

Pistachiyo wrote:I'm GENUINELY confused as to what she does most of the year?? Like I get she doesn't need the money which is why she doesn't make a ton of videos but WHAT IS SHE DOING? She doesn't seem to be working on anything how is she not bored....
She got sued by that one skin care company because she didn't honor her contract.

FEDORALICIOUS
Debater
Debater

Post by FEDORALICIOUS »

lookanothergossiper wrote:
Pistachiyo wrote:I'm GENUINELY confused as to what she does most of the year?? Like I get she doesn't need the money which is why she doesn't make a ton of videos but WHAT IS SHE DOING? She doesn't seem to be working on anything how is she not bored....
She got sued by that one skin care company because she didn't honor her contract.
whoa, what happened

kaydeeidk
Learner
Learner

Post by kaydeeidk »

FEDORALICIOUS wrote:
lookanothergossiper wrote:
whoa, what happened
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-e ... gn-1031387

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

She didn't go to college and, as far as I know, has no real work going on in the entertainment industry. She also rarely posts videos (again) anymore. I do wonder what she does during her day. I am around her age and was unemployed for a while after graduating college and...life gets boring when you don't have something to do that fills your day. Bethany did not even go to college so for years now her days have been filled with doing...what? At least if she went to college she could say that she was busy with class and homework.

Also, her dad aka her manager being described as a "diva" and "dadger" is funny. It reminds me of how LaVar Ball is with his son Lonzo. All they care about is how they think their children should act and their interests for their children, not what the children believe or want. They also just want a piece of the pie.

Catrina
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Catrina »

DOes she still exist?

sisinikkole
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sisinikkole »

Catrina wrote:DOes she still exist?
unfortunately. though her content is still just as bad as it always has been. newest video is diy phone cases.
"I feel like this year is really about like the year of just realizing stuff" ~Kylie Jenner :love2:

Godisfromatlanta
Informer
Informer

Post by Godisfromatlanta »

Geez the views on her latest vid are terrible. 197k in 3 days?? It’s so weird how she abandoned her youtube right when she was at her peak. Around the time she did DWTS and was in that Beats commercial.

I think youtubers like her and Zoella that always had this super young, innocent bubblegum teen image are kind of screwed now, because what’s popular now is the girls like Alissa Violet, Chantel Jeffries, Sommer Ray, Amanda Cerny, etc who have a more grown, sexier style. But the old-style girls can’t really become that way, it would come off super fake because they’ve never been like hat to begin with.

idontknowwhoiam
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by idontknowwhoiam »

I literally don't know any of the people you just named hahaha. I think the popular ones are Nikkitutorials and her whole crew

Godisfromatlanta
Informer
Informer

Post by Godisfromatlanta »

idontknowwhoiam wrote:I literally don't know any of the people you just named hahaha. I think the popular ones are Nikkitutorials and her whole crew
Sorry I thinking more of vloggers. When it comes to makeup girls, I don’t really know many. Is Michelle Phan still doing well?

idontknowwhoiam
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

oh, okay. yeah i was thinking of beauty girls. i think michelle still has a lot of subscribers but she's not the "it girl" anymore

Makeupch1c3
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Makeupch1c3 »

Catrina wrote:DOes she still exist?
:rofl:

Post by Guest »

Trying $30 prom dresses from Amazon.. that's lazy for a small youtuber.. but for someone of her status? Beyond lazy :P

lolwut
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by lolwut »

1998 wrote:Trying $30 prom dresses from Amazon.. that's lazy for a small youtuber.. but for someone of her status? Beyond lazy :P
I actually really like those kind of videos when the YouTuber actually has a personality but Beth.....yeah, no. She’s so focused on being as generic and kiss ass as possible to be brand friendly that she’s not even worth sharing her opinions. So boring.

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

I feel the same way. I am around her age and after graduating from college and being unemployed for a while...it gets boring not having anything to do all day and your friends being busy during the day or not living close enough to you. At least someone like Troye Sivan (who also abandoned his YouTube channel) can use the excuse that he is busy with his music career...but Beth? She has no excuse.

Also, does she still live at home? I know it's common for people to do that at a young age to save money and whatnot...but not only does she have the money to live on her own, there are younger YouTubers out there not only living on their own but living fairly independently from their parents. It seems like Beth is sttill in the stage where when she goes places (like the mall) she goes with her parents. It's kind of hard to explain, but I feel like she has not broken off from being under her parents control/guidance/supervision/etc. (for lack of a better word).

idontknowwhoiam
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I think she moved out a couple years ago? I'm not sure though.

htttps
Talker
Talker

Post by htttps »

ItsAndrew wrote:
I feel the same way. I am around her age and after graduating from college and being unemployed for a while...it gets boring not having anything to do all day and your friends being busy during the day or not living close enough to you. At least someone like Troye Sivan (who also abandoned his YouTube channel) can use the excuse that he is busy with his music career...but Beth? She has no excuse.

Also, does she still live at home? I know it's common for people to do that at a young age to save money and whatnot...but not only does she have the money to live on her own, there are younger YouTubers out there not only living on their own but living fairly independently from their parents. It seems like Beth is sttill in the stage where when she goes places (like the mall) she goes with her parents. It's kind of hard to explain, but I feel like she has not broken off from being under her parents control/guidance/supervision/etc. (for lack of a better word).
maybe thats why she completely abandoned her channel, because that was really weird
everything i say is alleged, i dont know anything about anyone

PeachFlavoredFanta
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by PeachFlavoredFanta »

Why are all her photos professional? It's like she needs a whole glam squad and professional photographers and then her captions are corny, like she doesn't want to seem like she's trying to hard but it's obvious she is.

Layla0606
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Layla0606 »

cherryGummybear wrote:Why are all her photos professional? It's like she needs a whole glam squad and professional photographers and then her captions are corny, like she doesn't want to seem like she's trying to hard but it's obvious she is.
I have no idea, it's so weird? other very big yt-ers also have professionally managed instas, it's like their management owns the account and edits/captions/posts everything, soooo impersonal

PeachFlavoredFanta
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by PeachFlavoredFanta »

Layla0606 wrote:
cherryGummybear wrote:Why are all her photos professional? It's like she needs a whole glam squad and professional photographers and then her captions are corny, like she doesn't want to seem like she's trying to hard but it's obvious she is.
I have no idea, it's so weird? other very big yt-ers also have professionally managed instas, it's like their management owns the account and edits/captions/posts everything, soooo impersonal
I Feel with her its even more, she was like the Lauren Conrad of social media at some point, she should know how to make her posts more personal and fun, her instagram is so "stock image" ish?

bushph
Informer
Informer

Post by bushph »

Her view count is so embarrassing for someone who used to get 3-5 million views on every video.

Return to “Macbarbie07 / Bethany Mota”