Bethany on DWTS

MDNA
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bethany on DWTS

Post by MDNA »

Too bad they were eliminated, damn...they had the best freestyle of the night honestly. Derek never done one like this before.
Man I'm so pissed, was really looking forward to that fusion dance tomorrow.

whatsabeautyguru
Debater
Debater

Post by whatsabeautyguru »

Sadie got tons of votes because of Liam Payne tweeting about her, and she's a crowd pleaser. Janel and Val are obviously the producers favorites. Alfonso is obviously the best dancer.

So it was pretty clear Bethany was going to be eliminated.

Pistachiyo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Pistachiyo »

Derek and Bethanys was one of the best freestyles but I can see why they chose Sadie And Marks, theirs was exciting and made everyone in the crowd happy.

Pistachiyo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Pistachiyo »

this is embarrassing

MDNA
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MDNA »

ayoozsalah wrote:Derek and Bethanys was one of the best freestyles but I can see why they chose Sadie And Marks, theirs was exciting and made everyone in the crowd happy.
Chose what? they didnt chose anything between Bethany and Sadie

kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kayuhsee »

whatsabeautyguru wrote:Sadie got tons of votes because of Liam Payne tweeting about her, and she's a crowd pleaser. Janel and Val are obviously the producers favorites. Alfonso is obviously the best dancer.

So it was pretty clear Bethany was going to be eliminated.
I don't think liam helped her all that much. A ton of comments on his tweet about it was along the lines of "I'm voting for Beth".

Pistachiyo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Pistachiyo »

MDNA wrote:
ayoozsalah wrote:Derek and Bethanys was one of the best freestyles but I can see why they chose Sadie And Marks, theirs was exciting and made everyone in the crowd happy.
As someone earlier said It was obviously between sadie and bethany on who was getting the third spot and the judges seem to like sadie more plus their freestyle was memorable.

edit:
I just saw the elimination clip and saw that it was between bethany and janel. my bad.

Constantia
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Constantia »

As I predicted, Bethany went home.

And I'll say this again, her fanbase is too small.
She doesn't attract many of the loyal adult viewers on DWTS. Even Derek's fanbase couldn't save her.

When Tommy Chong got eliminated, I'm sure Tommy's voters (who are probably middle-aged people) would have diverted their votes to either Alfonso or Sadie.
Bethany got little of the diverted votes. And it seems logical. She doesn't have much to offer the adult viewers on the show.

While Youtube is dominated by young kids, on the other hand DWTS is dominated by older adults.

lipstick jungle

Post by lipstick jungle »

Her freestyle was AMAZING. It was breathtaking.
She was one of those who has improved the most.
But it may not have appeal to many of the voters at home, too dark, etc.

[youtube][/youtube]
This is sadie
[youtube][/youtube]
Janel
[youtube][/youtube]
Alfonso
[youtube][/youtube]

The dance the crew was slow taking the props out ( this was before the freestyle dance. )
[youtube][/youtube]

Youtubers do a lot of nothing and get a lot of credit.
She hasn't been much of an youtubers but she has been one , very competent, for years.
I was sorry to see her go. She did amazing.

lipstick jungle

Post by lipstick jungle »

I just noticed that no one from the big youtubers tweeted about Bethany apart from a single lonely tweet from Blair and a couple decent ones from Tyler.

That was not that nice from the Youtube community , that likes so much to say they are a thigh group and a positive, supportive one.

( now, I don't follow all of them, I don't follow Phan, she might have tweeted)

Constantia
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Constantia »

If anything, get ready for a slew of Youtube gurus try to get into DWTS for some quick fame.
After Bethany's original run, I'm sure gurus like Michelle Phan are going to try and slime their way in the show.

Inb4 Dancing with the Stars becomes Dancing with the YT Gurus.

kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kayuhsee »

ayoozsalah wrote:
MDNA wrote:
As someone earlier said It was obviously between sadie and bethany on who was getting the third spot and the judges seem to like sadie more plus their freestyle was memorable.

edit:
I just saw the elimination clip and saw that it was between bethany and janel. my bad.
Oh that's my bad probably. I meant it as more of in my opinion of who were the two weakest in those who were left.

Cheshire_Cat03
Informer
Informer

Post by Cheshire_Cat03 »

Oh wow, I had never seen an Alfanso dance but that was actually really good! I thought the music was fun and it was very upbeat! I think the girls tap dancing might of been a bit ehh but otherwise I liked it a lot.

Bethany's was so good. Oh my gosh. I watched it the first time on a bad video with no music and I wasn't really feeling it but with the music (and having a full screen video) I think that dance was wonderful. Certainly one of her bests. She didn't deserve to go home but I can see what other people mean by it was probably too dark for some.

Sadie's was adorable haha. Was it amazing? Not really. But it was so cute and fun to watch and it (in my opinion) really helps keep up the "America's Sweetheart" vibe she's going for. I could see a lot of people voting in for that also because it's Mario. Nostalgia. And it wasn't a bad dance, it just wasn't wowing.

Janels was... I didn't like it. I usually love Janels dances but this one I was not feeling it. I didn't like the song (well I didn't like this version, I have the version by The Proclaimers which is very upbeat.) the whole dance seemed very slow and uneventful. I don't know why they wouldn't shoot for something more upbeat but eh.

MDNA
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MDNA »

I fell asleep during Janel's dance. I was so bored. I liked Alfonso's dance but wasn't wowed by it to be honest, this guy was the best dancer from the very beginning, which is probably why I didn't feel like he improved at all. I enjoyed Mark's dance a ton because of it's creativity, it was so much fun, just incredible. So for me Derek and Mark had the most memorable freestyles of the night and that was Beth's best dance she's ever done, she blended in with the pro's perfectly.
Epic.

They got eliminated based on last week's votes and the total of scores that they got. She had less points than Janel, but they were very close. I guess Beth's fans just didn't vote enough last week.

Cheshire_Cat03
Informer
Informer

Post by Cheshire_Cat03 »

Oh wait, was Alfonso not the choreographer? I didn't think he was supposed to improve lol, I thought it was the guests that were. This was my first time seeing a dance by Alfonso so that might be why I was wowed by it. Plus that music lol. I love it. I think Sadie's dance was good, don't get me wrong, I just don't get "incredible" vibes from it (I wrote my impressions from best dance to worst, in my opinion. So Alfonso, Bethany, Sadie, Janel.

I am so unhappy that Janel's dance was that boring. I really like Janel, I think she is a fabulous dancer, I don't know why Val would do such an underwhelming dance, especially now. :/

MDNA
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MDNA »

Cheshire_Cat03 wrote:Oh wait, was Alfonso not the choreographer? I didn't think he was supposed to improve lol, I thought it was the guests that were. This was my first time seeing a dance by Alfonso so that might be why I was wowed by it. Plus that music lol. I love it. I think Sadie's dance was good, don't get me wrong, I just don't get "incredible" vibes from it (I wrote my impressions from best dance to worst, in my opinion. So Alfonso, Bethany, Sadie, Janel.

I am so unhappy that Janel's dance was that boring. I really like Janel, I think she is a fabulous dancer, I don't know why Val would do such an underwhelming dance, especially now. :/
Yeah Alfonso is not the choreographer lol
Ok maybe more like incredibly fun, and I give all the credit to Mark, for his great creativity through the whole season, not Sadie, I don't think she's a good dancer, she screws up a lot and her legs are awkward.

SmileyXo
Talker
Talker

Post by SmileyXo »

I have to agree, normally I look forward to Janel and Val's dance routines but this one was so boring. I would assume this was one of their first dances together not something they would put together for the finals... :/ I really enjoyed Bethany and Derek's dance, it was incredible and Beth did a good job! I'm not a huge fan of Sadie I know she's tall and can't help looking stiff in some moves but idk she seems really stiff while dancing..

Cheshire_Cat03
Informer
Informer

Post by Cheshire_Cat03 »

MDNA wrote:
Cheshire_Cat03 wrote:Oh wait, was Alfonso not the choreographer? I didn't think he was supposed to improve lol, I thought it was the guests that were. This was my first time seeing a dance by Alfonso so that might be why I was wowed by it. Plus that music lol. I love it. I think Sadie's dance was good, don't get me wrong, I just don't get "incredible" vibes from it (I wrote my impressions from best dance to worst, in my opinion. So Alfonso, Bethany, Sadie, Janel.

Yeah Alfonso is not the choreographer lol
Ok maybe more like incredibly fun, and I give all the credit to Mark, for his great creativity through the whole season, not Sadie, I don't think she's a good dancer, she screws up a lot and her legs are awkward.
Oh whoops. That's awkward lol. I didn't really get professional vibes from the girl. Ah well. I agree with you about Sadie though, she's not really that great of a dancer. I think she's at her worst when Marc tries to center the dance around her leg/footwork (I think last week it was like that) I think that the slow type dances Bethany did a lot would work well with Sadie.

RuiningYourFun
Learner
Learner

Post by RuiningYourFun »

whatsabeautyguru wrote: Production messed up in moving the set as they started the dance. Guess it threw her off because she had a little slip up that cost them from getting a perfect score.
So is it safe to say production messed up on purpose then? :|

Sorry if I sound naive, I don't keep up with these reality competition type shows, I don't know all the tricks they pull to keep certain people in and push other people out.
While everyone is enjoying a good joke, I'm the loser by the punch bowl that ruins the joke by asking a serious question relating to said joke.

Nini12
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Nini12 »

Am I the only one that doesn't think that she her dancing last night wasn't great? It was a cool idea, but it was pretty close to the group choreography that they did on halloween.
I'm not from the USA so I don't know how much impact she had on the show, but for me, it seems like she could work with her cute persona that she uses for youtube because Sadie was the one who "took it", and then Bethany couldn't be "the cute one", "the one from X show" or "the star that is good at dancing", so she couldn't cater herself for any specific public that would vote for her.
^^^ Sorry if there are any mistakes guys, english is not my first language

Return to “Macbarbie07 / Bethany Mota”