Bethany on DWTS

lipstick jungle

Re: Bethany on DWTS

Post by lipstick jungle »

I liked this dances.
I just check Beth's routines, so I have no idea how the other's are going.

I am positive she wont be returning to youtube.
I bet she is signed and sealed to do something on TV, for SURE.

She keeps taunting the viewers with vlogs and videos she never uploads - hello, fowlers anyone? :D - because she still needs their votes.

Not sure if she'll win. She has a lot of kids, who I am not sure will really bothering voting. Unless she says, hey brainwash kids, here's the link, click to vote.
On the general forum, those who doesn't know anything about youtube, beth is not even a factor. even with Derek as a partner.

Here's the dances:

[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]

kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by kayuhsee »

lac wrote:The judges over compensate to push their own agenda, imo.
Good for Sadie for continuing to dance/making up extra moves when she blanked but to give Janel such high praise when half the quick step was sitting on those chairs and she wiped out and her trio lacked content? Unfair.
I don't think Bethany is going to win but at least she is actually learning how to dance and improving her skill rather than trying to showmance her way to the top.

( I mean.. Janel seems like a really nice girl and she isn't awful at the routines.. I just don't like the judges gushing over it and Val is annoying me.)
Yeah and usually Janel actually does kill it, but I didn't see that tonight really. Also, I loved Bethany's hair last night! It actually looked normal and wasn't all crazy :lol:

SoccerKat
Debater
Debater

Post by SoccerKat »

The real question is how the heck is Tommy still in?! The dude can barely move! Although I wasn't super upset that Lea went home, I don't understand how Tommy did better than her.

MDNA
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MDNA »

Tommy just got more votes than Lea. I guess people must really love him to keep him in the competition this long, it's pretty ridiculous at this point, next week are the semifinals for gods sake.
Bethany and Derek are getting a lot of hate, I think the only thing keeping them in the competition right now are their loyal fanbases, because I've noticed people generally don't connect with her and love Sadie or Alfonso instead. Plus, Bethany gets hate by default just for being Derek's partner, because he's the best choreographer on the show and when you're that good there will be people hating just for the sake of it.

If she asked her fans to vote for her maybe they'd help her win that trophee but I see that her and Derek never bother, while all the other couples are begging their fans for votes. Plus, she hasn't posted a video in ages and her motavators are pissed.
I think either Alfonso or Sadie will win, Alfonso because he's the best and people love him, or Sadie because she's goody two shoes America's sweetheart.

Constantia
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Constantia »

MDNA wrote:
Constantia wrote:
Not only are Janel and Sadie good dancers too, they also have a larger fanbase for playing roles on TV and reality shows. Janel played Mona on Pretty Little Liars. Sadie's family has their own reality show called Duck Dynasty.
!
Thats debatable and dare I say, quite doubtful actually. I think you're underestimating Bethany AND Derek's fanbase which is HUGE.
Nah. Bethany is outclassed in fanbase. There is no debate on that.

Val has his own huge fanbase being Maks' hot younger brother. Thats a huge asset to Janel's votes.

Mark also has his own fanbase on the show, being one of the longest running members. I would say Mark's fanbase is comparable to Derek's fanbase. That should be a huge boost to Sadie's votes.

And there's Tommy Chong, who can't dance to save himself. However he is still there because he has a huge wave of people voting for him.

Don't forget that the majority of the people watching DWTS are middle-aged to older people.

Bethany may draw in her legion of Youtube minions to vote for her, but she is missing the main audience.
And thats the older viewers, who have been watching the show since Season 1. These older viewers don't know who the heck Bethany is, and nor would they be bothered to search up a Youtube channel aimed at young teens and young adults.

So yeah, Bethany is at a huge disadvantage here. Her fanbase only caters to young teens and young adults.
There's a much larger age range in DWTS than just young people. This isn't Youtube anymore, this is showbiz.

Look at how all the older viewers are voting to keep Tommy on the show. Poor old man can't dance, but he's relatable to all the older viewers. And he got into the semi-finals!

RachelChristina
Informer
Informer

Post by RachelChristina »

Bethany did pretty good in her trio but I really am biased because I'm not a fan of the way Derek choreographs. His dances are so dull to me. Either way, I definitely think Bethany is improving but nowhere near the improvement Alfonso has made. If Bethany wins it definitely wont be because she was the best dancer.

Constantia
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Constantia »

RachelChristina wrote:Bethany did pretty good in her trio but I really am biased because I'm not a fan of the way Derek choreographs. His dances are so dull to me. Either way, I definitely think Bethany is improving but nowhere near the improvement Alfonso has made. If Bethany wins it definitely wont be because she was the best dancer.
Derek choreographs his dances with more broadway elements than ballroom elements. That's why there's always something different about his dances compared to the other pros.

The broadway stuff is great for showmanship and a normal person watching the dance probably wouldn't notice or care.
But for people who actually train in traditional ballroom, Derek's choreography deviates way too much from the rules. Its almost not ballroom anymore.

Derek's choreography is great for a popular contest like DWTS, because none of the people watching are too smart about ballroom steps or figures. Voters just look for flair and entertainment.

However, if you go to the WDC World Championships or the WDSF Tournaments, that kind of 'broadway' choreography is going to get him ousted right away.

pink123
Lurker
Lurker

Post by pink123 »

Tommy must have been pulling in a crazy number of votes, that's why he's still here. Actually, I'm kinda favoriting him over Lea. He's like the heart of this show.

Some of DWTS insiders and fans predicted that Janel has been pulling in perfect scores because she's not getting enough votes to make sure she'll stay. Since she's an ABC star, that is.

Alfonso and Bethany are the ones who've never been in jeopardy. See, everyone has been putting her as an underdog but actually she has a larger number of fanbase over Janel and Sadie. Don't forget that Derek also has larger fan base than Val or Mark.

Bethany's voters in episode 1 and 2 are probably her minions. But DWTS existing audience are starting to develop some love towards her too each week, if you read the DWTS forum.

I hope Alfonso, Bethany and Sadie will be in the finale - I don't care who's winning as long as all of them will stay to the last episode of DWTS this season.

I loved both Beth's dances this week, she should have gotten 40 for the Argentine Tango, really! She was as good as Sadie. As for the Viennese Waltz, I feel the dance was too short and the ending left me on a cliffhanger. But it was a beautiful dance, nonetheless. Loved her costumes this week, too!

perf
Informer
Informer

Post by perf »

to be honest, I think Bethany's too forgettable to win, to people that are watching objectively. especially because janel and sadie are both similar to her in that they're brunette, young girls with young fanbases. janel's well established as a character and skilled dancer and sadie is cuter than beth. I wasn't a fan of lea but she was way better than tommy chong

MDNA
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MDNA »

Constantia wrote:
MDNA wrote:
Constantia wrote:
Not only are Janel and Sadie good dancers too, they also have a larger fanbase for playing roles on TV and reality shows. Janel played Mona on Pretty Little Liars. Sadie's family has their own reality show called Duck Dynasty.
!
Thats debatable and dare I say, quite doubtful actually. I think you're underestimating Bethany AND Derek's fanbase which is HUGE.
Nah. Bethany is outclassed in fanbase. There is no debate on that.

Val has his own huge fanbase being Maks' hot younger brother. Thats a huge asset to Janel's votes.

Mark also has his own fanbase on the show, being one of the longest running members. I would say Mark's fanbase is comparable to Derek's fanbase. That should be a huge boost to Sadie's votes.

And there's Tommy Chong, who can't dance to save himself. However he is still there because he has a huge wave of people voting for him.

Don't forget that the majority of the people watching DWTS are middle-aged to older people.

Bethany may draw in her legion of Youtube minions to vote for her, but she is missing the main audience.
And thats the older viewers, who have been watching the show since Season 1. These older viewers don't know who the heck Bethany is, and nor would they be bothered to search up a Youtube channel aimed at young teens and young adults.

So yeah, Bethany is at a huge disadvantage here. Her fanbase only caters to young teens and young adults.
There's a much larger age range in DWTS than just young people. This isn't Youtube anymore, this is showbiz.

Look at how all the older viewers are voting to keep Tommy on the show. Poor old man can't dance, but he's relatable to all the older viewers. And he got into the semi-finals!
Derek has a bigger fanbase than Val, Mark, or any other pro on the show, there's no point in even arguing about that. Him and Bethany were never in jeopardy and never finished bottom two. Bethany's audience only caters to young teens and young adults but you forget that those are the rabid fans that are loyal until the end and vote for her like crazy, multiple times by making multple accounts. Do you think the main audience of DWTS which is middle aged to older people bother with that?

If you read Pure DWTS, Bethany is pulling in a ton of votes and easily surpasses Janel. So does Sadie and Alfonso, and yes, there's a huge possibility that Tommy is pulling in more votes than Janel, hence her win of immunity last week, and the obvious pimpage this week as well. Something is clearly wrong and it's obvious the producers are desperately trying to keep her on the show so she doesn't get the boot off while Tommy still stays in! it would look completely ridiculous, because she's actually a very good dancer.
But if Janel leaves next week and Tommy stays, I won't be surprised. At this point though we can't know anything for sure anymore, there's too much manipulation, too much unfairnessand and there's clearly an agenda. They might as well have Tommy win the mirror ball just for shits and giggles.

kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kayuhsee »

All of this happened last season too. There were reports of people voting for James Maslow, but it saying thanks for voting to Meryl Davis. I could see Janel being in that situation possibly. Meryl was hands down the best dancer, but I don't think she brought in the votes needed.

Olay
Talker
Talker

Post by Olay »

What is the gif in your signature from kayuhsee?

perf
Informer
Informer

Post by perf »

Meryl & Maks last season miss the passion and thought in every one of their dances. Tbh Bethany could win just because of Derek, he has crazy fans. A lot of people (esp older) may not really get connected w any one celebrity & love derek so they vote for him

Pistachiyo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Pistachiyo »

Olay wrote:What is the gif in your signature from kayuhsee?

Melanie Martinez's music video - Carousel

jnkgossip
Informer
Informer

Post by jnkgossip »

Did anyone else notice how in the video they show right before they dance she basically said she had a boyfriend?

Pistachiyo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Pistachiyo »

^ she said she had someone in the past who didn't care for her as much as she cared for him. She never said she's never liked someone or had a small middle school relationship. She said she's never had anything serious.

But honestly I think she was exaggerating about her experiencing heartbreak.

IslandDreamer
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by IslandDreamer »

Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to the forums but I've been reading the posts and have a few things to say.
First of all, I really hope she doesn't win. She doesn't know how to dance. Sure you may see her been thrown around and not get lost but that a good dancer does not make.
All her dances are extremely simple and are composed basically of her being carried around the stage with her making a few moves here and there (which my 12 year old cousin easily recreates in the living room...not joking). I seriously can't see why she hasn't been eliminated (fanbase or not).
Although what more can you expect from dancing with the stars?

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

I feel like Janel should win. After her, Sadie. I enjoy Bethany's youtube videos and respect her for trying something new with DWTS but I have to agree that it's not really her forte.

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

Alfonso should win. This show is rigged anyway. Just like American Idol, the producers ultimately choose the winner.

whatsabeautyguru
Debater
Debater

Post by whatsabeautyguru »

Oddly enough, she actually is a better dancer than Janel and Sadie in that she messes up less. Her frame has been relatively amazing all season. But Derek just isn't giving her hard routines. He isn't pushing her to do amazingly, and it's pissing me off. Every pair is upping their game except for them (and Tommy, but hey).

They have samba and contemporary tonight. Song is "I Want You Back" Jackson five, and the acoustic version of it by some randoms.
Excited to see the contemporary, those always score well.

Return to “Macbarbie07 / Bethany Mota”