What is it about MacBarbie that makes her so appealing?

stuipdthing
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What is it about MacBarbie that makes her so appealing?

Post by stuipdthing »

I was just wondering. Maybe it's because I'm older but I don't see the appeal. She seems really nice and sweet though.

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: What is it about MacBarbie that makes her so appealing?

Post by Username »

Tween girls see her more than just an Internet personality. To them, she's their friend. Plus her videos are top notch quality. Although Stilababe09 makes very similar type videos with comparable quality, she is only half as popular as Bethany. The key difference between the two is Bethany's fans see her more as a famous Youtuber AND a friend. I don't sense as much of a genuine sense of connection in Stilababe09's videos with her viewers.

stuipdthing
Lurker
Lurker

Post by stuipdthing »

What do you think it is that Stila hasn't been able to connect with her fans as well?

Georgiagd13
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Georgiagd13 »

It's like she's the Barney for preteens

purinachow
Lurker
Lurker

Post by purinachow »

I honestly think that they like her so much because of the fact that she's "pretty". I think she is, and I feel like that's what all the girls say when they talk about her. I feel like they want to be her, and that's why they like her. To them she's cool, pretty, nice, popular, etc.

sparkleandshine99
Learner
Learner

Post by sparkleandshine99 »

I definitely agree that she's seen as a friend. I'm 15 and almost all of my friends and I watch Beth, and while she is a little immature at times I definitely would want to be friends with someone like her. She seems incredibly genuine and you can tell she means it when she says her subscribers are her friends. Watching her may not help me with makeup all the time but it almost always puts me in a good mood>

Worldofchances2giveu
Informer
Informer

Post by Worldofchances2giveu »

stuipdthing wrote:What do you think it is that Stila hasn't been able to connect with her fans as well?
Honestly, Stila seems a bit distant compared to Bethany. I realize Bethany is actually more private and distant, but she just doesn't seem it. She still seems open and friendlier and I think that's what has given Bethany the edge on her.

Xtina333334
Talker
Talker

Post by Xtina333334 »

I don't understand the appeal of either of them. I feel like I'm just watching long commercials with these girls trying to shove crap to buy down my throat...they just seem like typical girls at the mall.

SassySweetheart
Lurker
Lurker

Post by SassySweetheart »

I always liked her videos because they are fun and she seems to put a lot of effort into her videos. I like her outfit videos because she goes to interesting locations to film, so I think those videos are more interesting than the stupid tag videos a lot of gurus do all the time. I agree with everyone who said that she is like a best friend to young girls. And although she does annoy me once in a while with the way she talks and acts (don't even get me started on the bloopies), her videos make me happy and she seems like a nice girl.

whatwut
Talker
Talker

Post by whatwut »

Her videos seem like you're just hanging out with her for a day.

TheFosterKid
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheFosterKid »

I think Bethany has just been around longer, that's why she is more popular than Meredith (stilababe09). I can't exactly remember who started first but I remember Bethany had already been making high quality videos when Meredith was making the basic, low-quality videos in her bedroom. And Meredith also took a hiatus from YouTube a while ago (that critical time when the beauty community was beginning to get really popular) so she is just now catching up.

Return to “Macbarbie07 / Bethany Mota”